The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thanks for all of the helpful information Bonnet Creek!

This is our fist trip to Disney as a family and first time to Bonnet Creek. We booked a 2 bedroom deluxe for 7 days starting Sept 28 through VS.

We were wondering what the recommended towers and room locations are and what are the best ways to request a specific room our tower. Are kids are ages 6 and 8.

Thanks so much:)

Have a great time!
However, Bonnet Creek is no longer accepting room requests.

So, I called WBC today (18 days out) just to check to see if they had my name on a reservation yet. I have an 8 night reservation booked through VS for a 4 bed presidential. The resort told me that they have me down for a 4 bed presidential for nights 2-8, but night 1 is in a 1 bed deluxe. SO, I call VS and the person I spoke with was quite terse, really. He sort of told me off for calling the resort, told me that it just confuses things. He said that all reservations are patched together and that they have assigned my name for nights 2-8 but not yet for night 1. He assured me when I show up that I will have an 8 night reservation in a 4 bed pres and won't have to change rooms. I was too afraid to ask why my name was associated with a 1 bed deluxe for 1 night! Anyhow, I think I might be a little too "Type A" for these kind of hotel reservations! I like a simple confirmation number, in my name, everything present in writing etc. Still, it seems as though many, many people on this board have had nothing but positive experiences with VS, so I am just going to turn up and hope for the best!!
The superrenters like VS use various methods to maximize their timeshare points -- and from much of the feedback on here, they pass a lot of that savings on to the renters.

It's possible to rent a reservation and get a simple confirmation number, etc., but the bigger the renter, the more likely they are going to be working to maximize their points with various tricks that make doing that less likely.

Renting a timeshare on the "grey" market can save you a bundle, but you do have to sacrifice some control. It's one the the reasons why its cheaper to rent -- some people can't handle the risk, thus the price is lower.

So, I called WBC today (18 days out) just to check to see if they had my name on a reservation yet. I have an 8 night reservation booked through VS for a 4 bed presidential. The resort told me that they have me down for a 4 bed presidential for nights 2-8, but night 1 is in a 1 bed deluxe. SO, I call VS and the person I spoke with was quite terse, really. He sort of told me off for calling the resort, told me that it just confuses things. He said that all reservations are patched together and that they have assigned my name for nights 2-8 but not yet for night 1. He assured me when I show up that I will have an 8 night reservation in a 4 bed pres and won't have to change rooms. I was too afraid to ask why my name was associated with a 1 bed deluxe for 1 night! Anyhow, I think I might be a little too "Type A" for these kind of hotel reservations! I like a simple confirmation number, in my name, everything present in writing etc. Still, it seems as though many, many people on this board have had nothing but positive experiences with VS, so I am just going to turn up and hope for the best!!
The superrenters like VS use various methods to maximize their timeshare points -- and from much of the feedback on here, they pass a lot of that savings on to the renters.

It's possible to rent a reservation and get a simple confirmation number, etc., but the bigger the renter, the more likely they are going to be working to maximize their points with various tricks that make doing that less likely.

Renting a timeshare on the "grey" market can save you a bundle, but you do have to sacrifice some control. It's one the the reasons why its cheaper to rent -- some people can't handle the risk, thus the price is lower.

I apologize this thread is sooo long so its probably been answered somewhere already but at check in what is the best tower request to make for a 2 bedroom deluxe if I would hope to have a night view of illuminations and or be located near the pirate pool area. Thanks in advance!

First thanks for all of the helpful information Bonnet Creek!

This is our fist trip to Disney as a family and first time to Bonnet Creek. We booked a 2 bedroom deluxe for 7 days starting Sept 28 through VS.

We were wondering what the recommended towers and room locations are and what are the best ways to request a specific room our tower. Are kids are ages 6 and 8.

Thanks so much:)
When you check in I would recommend an upper room in tower 4 or the west section of tower five with fireworks view. The parking lot is below but the view of both MK and Epcot fireworks is great. The lazy river is there and decent parking among other nice options.

I apologize this thread is sooo long so its probably been answered somewhere already but at check in what is the best tower request to make for a 2 bedroom deluxe if I would hope to have a night view of illuminations and or be located near the pirate pool area. Thanks in advance!
When you check in I would recommend an upper room in tower 4 or the west section of tower five with fireworks view. The parking lot is below but the view of both MK and Epcot fireworks is great. The lazy river is there and decent parking among other nice options. The pirate pool is right next door in tower six I believe. We were in tower 5, fourteenth floor and woke up to the Epcot ball every morning. The balcony was great.

We booked via VS...we have a 2 bedroom deluxe. Is there a list of things we can expect to have in the room upon arrival? I am trying to put together a garden grocer order. Wondering if there will be a roll of paper towels, a roll of tp in each bathroom, dish detergent, laundry det. and how much of each item will there be? Anybody know?

We've been here all week, and I thought people that are about to come down might like to know how it is here currently.

1. We did not have to get a parking pass/talk to anyone about the timeshare presentation. Check-in was a breeze, but there was a line at the parking pass desk, so we skipped it. Haven't had a problem in 6 days. We also unplugged the phones because they did call one day while we were out. I didn't want them waking us up at night about the presentation. They told us the $150 credit card hold was not required, so we skipped that, too.

2. The pools have not been heated at all while we've been here. We've tried the lazy river, pirate, and the little splash pool with the mushroom. They were all freezing cold, which surprised me because it's really hot down here. It had rained earlier that day, though, so maybe that cooled them down a lot. We did eventually adjust to the water, but it took awhile!

3. Parking is less than ideal, but not horrible. We are in building 5 and the parking deck is usually our only option. Every now and then we can find an empty space close to the building, though. The deck wouldn't be bad at all, but it faces the other building and you have to walk all the way around to get to building 5. It's a little scary at night with a toddler, but during the day it's not a problem.

4. The room was much bigger than I expected. I thought it would be like a glorified hotel room, but it's more like a small apartment. I think anything bigger than a 2 bedroom would feel huge.

5. The pizza delivery companies will deliver until 4 a.m., which actually came in handy after a very long day at Magic Kingdom. They did not quote a $4 delivery fee over the phone, so you might want to expect that when you order, though I'm sure each place differs in price.

6. We haven't had any noise/uncleanliness/unfriendliness issues like others have mentioned. The staff has mostly been very friendly. They even take time to say "good morning" when walking by, etc. We can't hear anything from other guests in our unit, except one day a group of kids were full out running down the hall.

7. They provide lots of supplies when you check in. I would say enough for 3 days or so. We also had all the bedding for our fold out bed in the closet in the living room.

8. The whole place is very clean. I haven't seen any dirt or bugs anywhere at all.

9. It's been a little confusing getting in through the gated entrance this week, but I think that's because one side was broken. Different guards handled this in different ways, so we weren't ever really sure what to do. But they fixed it yesterday, so hopefully we can just use our room key to scan through.

10. My husband somehow managed to lock both room keys in our room (don't ask), and they were very nice about giving us an additional one for no charge.

My only complaint about the way things are managed here is that there just isn't enough information about the layout of the place. They provided us with a map upon check-in, but it doesn't really come close to showing everything this resort has. We were trying to find the little kiddie pool one day, and it took over an hour. The map just says "pool" on every pool, without any explanation as to which one is where. We eventually figured out that the fifth building has the lazy river, the pirate pool was at building six, I think, and the kiddie pool was by a big pool with another slide at building three. We also passed a couple of other pools on the way, but honestly there are so many that we lost track! We saw several other things that weren't marked on the map at all, like a ping pong table area, several hot tubs (I guess these were included under the "pool" heading), swings that overlook the water, large grilling areas, etc. I feel like a more detailed map would be very helpful.

Overall I am very, very happy with the resort. We have stayed on Disney property or at Windsor Hills in the past. I haven't been disappointed with any of them, though Disney may be my least favorite because of the price/value. This place has been lovely, and very much worth the little bit of money we paid to stay.

We booked via VS...we have a 2 bedroom deluxe. Is there a list of things we can expect to have in the room upon arrival? I am trying to put together a garden grocer order. Wondering if there will be a roll of paper towels, a roll of tp in each bathroom, dish detergent, laundry det. and how much of each item will there be? Anybody know?

In the kitchen you will get 1 roll (or partial roll) or paper towel, 2 kitchen towels and dish clothes, 7 coffee filters, 1 package of reg coffee and 1 decaf, 2 packets with sugar and powdered creamer, a very, very tiny salt and pepper, 1 Crystal light lemonade and 1 micro popcorn. Under the sink you will have 2-3 dishwasher packets and a very tiny bottle of dish liquid(approx 3oz). You will also get 2-3 packets of laundry soap but no fab softener or dryer sheets.

They will leave 1 roll of TP in each bathroom. Be sure to bring a couple of rolls from home. The stuff they leave for you is horrible. Calling it sandpaper insults sandpaper.

The pools have not been heated at all while we've been here. We've tried the lazy river, pirate, and the little splash pool with the mushroom. They were all freezing cold, which surprised me because it's really hot down here. It had rained earlier that day, though, so maybe that cooled them down a lot. We did eventually adjust to the water, but it took awhile!

I am hoping the pools will be heated in late October as that is when my wife and I will be there for 12 nights.

We've been here all week, and I thought people that are about to come down might like to know how it is here currently.

1. We did not have to get a parking pass/talk to anyone about the timeshare presentation. Check-in was a breeze, but there was a line at the parking pass desk, so we skipped it. Haven't had a problem in 6 days. We also unplugged the phones because they did call one day while we were out. I didn't want them waking us up at night about the presentation. They told us the $150 credit card hold was not required, so we skipped that, too.

2. The pools have not been heated at all while we've been here. We've tried the lazy river, pirate, and the little splash pool with the mushroom. They were all freezing cold, which surprised me because it's really hot down here. It had rained earlier that day, though, so maybe that cooled them down a lot. We did eventually adjust to the water, but it took awhile!

3. Parking is less than ideal, but not horrible. We are in building 5 and the parking deck is usually our only option. Every now and then we can find an empty space close to the building, though. The deck wouldn't be bad at all, but it faces the other building and you have to walk all the way around to get to building 5. It's a little scary at night with a toddler, but during the day it's not a problem.

4. The room was much bigger than I expected. I thought it would be like a glorified hotel room, but it's more like a small apartment. I think anything bigger than a 2 bedroom would feel huge.

5. The pizza delivery companies will deliver until 4 a.m., which actually came in handy after a very long day at Magic Kingdom. They did not quote a $4 delivery fee over the phone, so you might want to expect that when you order, though I'm sure each place differs in price.

6. We haven't had any noise/uncleanliness/unfriendliness issues like others have mentioned. The staff has mostly been very friendly. They even take time to say "good morning" when walking by, etc. We can't hear anything from other guests in our unit, except one day a group of kids were full out running down the hall.

7. They provide lots of supplies when you check in. I would say enough for 3 days or so. We also had all the bedding for our fold out bed in the closet in the living room.

8. The whole place is very clean. I haven't seen any dirt or bugs anywhere at all.

9. It's been a little confusing getting in through the gated entrance this week, but I think that's because one side was broken. Different guards handled this in different ways, so we weren't ever really sure what to do. But they fixed it yesterday, so hopefully we can just use our room key to scan through.

10. My husband somehow managed to lock both room keys in our room (don't ask), and they were very nice about giving us an additional one for no charge.

My only complaint about the way things are managed here is that there just isn't enough information about the layout of the place. They provided us with a map upon check-in, but it doesn't really come close to showing everything this resort has. We were trying to find the little kiddie pool one day, and it took over an hour. The map just says "pool" on every pool, without any explanation as to which one is where. We eventually figured out that the fifth building has the lazy river, the pirate pool was at building six, I think, and the kiddie pool was by a big pool with another slide at building three. We also passed a couple of other pools on the way, but honestly there are so many that we lost track! We saw several other things that weren't marked on the map at all, like a ping pong table area, several hot tubs (I guess these were included under the "pool" heading), swings that overlook the water, large grilling areas, etc. I feel like a more detailed map would be very helpful.

Overall I am very, very happy with the resort. We have stayed on Disney property or at Windsor Hills in the past. I haven't been disappointed with any of them, though Disney may be my least favorite because of the price/value. This place has been lovely, and very much worth the little bit of money we paid to stay.

Thanks for the mini trip report, so helpful to those of us waiting to go for the first time :)

We checked in today and I just want to report that everything is great so far! Even better than I expected!

We booked through vacation strategies. We hadn't gotten anything from them since we paid (ie confirmation number), but I wasn't concerned after reading the good reports here. All went as expected. Front desk had me in the system and everything was correct. I did not have a choice in room assignment, but my room is amazing! I'm in tower 6 on the top floor with a fireworks view. We watched the fireworks tonight from our balcony and the kids loved it! The room is very nice and clean and very upscale feeling to me. I feel like I got an excellent deal here!

The only real problem here at tower 6 is that there is not enough parking. There is the deck, but we had to get a separate key card to use it. And it was very confusing to figure out how to get back to tower 6 from the deck.

The gift they are giving at the parking pass desk is a free week stay, so I'm wondering if we may actually go to the presentation since that seems like it may be worth it. I haven't decided yet.

Just returned from another great stay at Bonnet Creek. We were in a 3 bedroom presidential in tower 6, it was great. Didn't go to the parks this time, and really n joyed the resort. Especially liked the live music at the pool during the day, thanks James!

The gift they are giving at the parking pass desk is a free week stay, so I'm wondering if we may actually go to the presentation since that seems like it may be worth it. I haven't decided yet.

I would absolutely go to the presentation for a free week stay. The week long stay is worth well over $700. The presentation will be over in under 2hrs IF you don't ask any questions.

Thanks for your great summary.

Do you or anyone familiar with the property know whether they heat the pools later in the year (Fall/Winter)?

Do you or anyone familiar with the property know whether they heat the pools later in the year (Fall/Winter)?

We just got back, spent three days at the pool (tower 1 and 3). And thought the temperature was perfect!

The pools are heated year round.

We have found that the pool at #5 is the warmest followed by the main pool and then #6 being the coolest of the three.

Be very careful in dealing with the Wyndham sales weasels. If their lips are moving, they are lying. There is no telling what they mean by "free week stay," or what the attached strings are, but they're probably referring to a trial program they have where you pay $2,000-$3000 for a "free" week stay.

The normal real incentive for attending a sales presentation is a gift card for $75-$100...for four hours of high pressure. If they offered you something that sounds too good to be true... :sad2:

If you are interested in purchasing a Wyndham timeshare, the first thing to know is to NEVER buy it from Wyndham.

There is a very active resale market (on eBay and elsewhere) and you can get a nice Wyndham contract for less than $1,000 including all closing and transfer fees. If you mention resale to a sales weasel, they will lie through their teeth, even when you show them proof that they are lying. Do NOT buy from Wyndham.

The Wyndham timeshare system itself is very good -- nice resorts, lots of options, good reservations and customer service systems, nice staffs.

The Wyndham sales operation is the exact opposite -- they are among the sleaziest in a sleazy industry and have a well-deserved "F" rating with the Orlando Better Business Bureau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter