The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're here now and so far we're loving it! We were able to check in at 9:30 this morning AND got a sweet view! Tower 4, 10th floor lake view. This resort is gorgeous! The only thing that bugs me is we keep getting told we need a parking pass. Even the lady at the gate said it :/

Bonnet creek was great. We stayed there June 8 thru the 15th in tower 6 and it was a beautiful resort. Would definitely go back there again!

Here now and loving it. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer. We are in Tower 1 second floor. It is beautiful!!

Does $174 a night starting Oct. 5 sound like a fair price? That was a quote from Vacation Strategies.

jlhill4444 said:
Here now and loving it. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer. We are in Tower 1 second floor. It is beautiful!!
Did you request that tower or are they just putting people in random towers and rooms?

We have had great luck on eBay, 2 different sellers and as low as 65 a night for 2br. We had flexibility in dates though, not sure if you are fixed.

We just got a 3 br for 125 a night. I think the cheapest we have ever gotten a 3 br is 120 a night. Private seller on ebay. These were dates I absolutely needed, so I couldn't be too picky.

Did you request that tower or are they just putting people in random towers and rooms?

When we were there in May, I laughingly told the agent, that we would really love a room in the Main Building, Tower 5, or Tower 4, in that order. The agent laughed, said we were apparently easy to please and she'd see what she could do. She finally said she could not put us in the Main Building or Tower 5, but did find a room in Tower 4 and it was even facing the lake. This was about 11:30am and in order to improve our chances of getting the location we wanted (next to a lazy river), we told her we didn't care what floor.

aubriee said:
When we were there in May, I laughingly told the agent, that we would really love a room in the Main Building, Tower 5, or Tower 4, in that order. The agent laughed, said we were apparently easy to please and she'd see what she could do. She finally said she could not put us in the Main Building or Tower 5, but did find a room in Tower 4 and it was even facing the lake. This was about 11:30am and in order to improve our chances of getting the location we wanted (next to a lazy river), we told her we didn't care what floor.

Thanks! This will be our first stay coming late August. Not sure to roll the dice or ask nicely. Glad you got a good room and location.

We have a trip planned for 7/9 to 7/23 at BC in a 2-bedroom. It will be 4 adults and 2 kids. We have an early flight from New York and will be arriving at MCO at 12:18 pm as long as there are no delays.

Since none of us drive we plan on booking Mears at the airport to get us to BC. If we arrive at BC at 2:30 or something like that, will they let us check in and pick up room keys later? Do they have a place where we can leave our luggage and just walk around the grounds until check in time?

Thanks for any info.

You might be able to check-in if a room is ready, but if not they will store your luggage. We have packed a bag in the past with our swimsuits and stuff so we could swim. We've also packed our stuff so we could leave it with bell hops and went to the parks. They called us when the room was ready- they make it pretty easy.

disneycrazy01 said:
We have a trip planned for 7/9 to 7/23 at BC in a 2-bedroom. It will be 4 adults and 2 kids. We have an early flight from New York and will be arriving at MCO at 12:18 pm as long as there are no delays.

Since none of us drive we plan on booking Mears at the airport to get us to BC. If we arrive at BC at 2:30 or something like that, will they let us check in and pick up room keys later? Do they have a place where we can leave our luggage and just walk around the grounds until check in time?

Thanks for any info.
we're here and was able to check in At 9:30 am. Just make sure to turn on the charm with the check in person :)

I've been lurking for a bit and hoping to go stay at WBC for the first time in Fall 2014! Have a few questions for all you experts... 1. If you spill lets say in the room is there a fee they charge for cleaning? 2. Is there any housekeeping? 3. Who dod you book through? 4. How early can you book? I got a quote asked for 2014 and they put 2013 do you think it was just a mistake or can't they book that far out? Any help is appreciated!

I'm wondering what rooms are in the main building ie: 1br, 2br etc.? Our last visit there we spent a fair bit of time in the main pool and decided that we liked it better than the ones at building 5 and 6. We were staying in 5 and while it was very nice to just step out the door and into the pool it was a little crowded and not much sun. We thought that the perfect location for us to stay would be in the main building.

I've been lurking for a bit and hoping to go stay at WBC for the first time in Fall 2014! Have a few questions for all you experts...

Can't answer all of your questions, but I can probably answer a few.

1. If you spill lets say in the room is there a fee they charge for cleaning?[/quote]

Pretty sure you'd have to leave a credit card imprint. If it's something that you'd have to charge the credit card to, then they would charge it.

2. Is there any housekeeping?

The units are cleaned between check-out and check-ins. That's the only free housekeeping. You can request additional cleaning, but it will cost. And I don't think it's cheap

You are expected to do your simple housekeeping (clean dishes, maybe sweep the carpets). Getting back to question one, if you spill something and it doesn't stain, or you clean it up on time, then no harm. If it does stain, then I dunno. Water, or even pop, you can probably clean it up with no problem. Red Kool-Aid, or something that stains easily...ouch.

3. Who dod you book through?

Someone else has to help you there. We actually own at Wyndham time share, so we booked directly with them. But the cost would be high for a non-Wyndham owner

4. How early can you book? I got a quote asked for 2014 and they put 2013 do you think it was just a mistake or can't they book that far out?

That's probably a mistake. Those who own at Wyndham Bonnet Creek cannot reserve until 13 months before the vacation date. So you can probably get something at the 13 month mark. Those who own Wyndham, but not Bonnet Creek, can reserve 10 months ahead of time. (I own Wyndham, but not BC).

Any help is appreciated!

There's a few out there that can help better than me.

I don't know what they'd do for a spill, but you do not have to leave a credit card imprint.

I book through several different places, but you can try Vacation Strategies and also Ebay.

The cost is not actually high for a non-Wyndham owner. We got a 2BR last year for $100 a night, no extra taxes or fees.

The cost is not actually high for a non-Wyndham owner. We got a 2BR last year for $100 a night, no extra taxes or fees.

Sorry, I meant to say the cost would be high for a non-Wyndham owner if you dealt directly with Wyndham. Which we do. Going with a third party, you'll probably pay about $100/night for a two-bedroom condo during regular season.

(That's what I get for posting when tired.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter