The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will check that out. Definitely don't want to rent from the airport on arrival as we are flying from overseas and after the long flight (and with two exhausted kids) I would much rather use Magical Express!

However, the Hilton Bonnet Creek does seem to have a Hertz rental car desk on property. Seems noone here has used it before? We could probably save 6 days of car rental fees and if we could walk there for picking it up we would only have to pay for the cab ride from CBR to WBC which I assume wouldn't be bad...

I'd seriously suggest pricing the car from the airport for your entire trip, just to see what the cost is. You'll have more choices at the airport and it could potentially be a lot quicker/easier to pick the car up there then have to locate a rental desk nearby. The price from the airport could also end up being a better deal when you figure the savings you'd get from taking the cab when resort hopping.

As for the advantages of Magic Express for your arrival onsite, there is no reason you can't still use it. You can still have Magic Express handle your bags and deliver them to the resort even if you don't ride the bus to the park.
You could also send one parent with the kids on the Disney bus, while the other goes to pick up the car and then meet at the resort. Even if the car stays parked at the Disney hotel the entire time you are there, Disney doesn't charge for parking at the hotel.

Are pack and play cribs available? Can I ask for one to be in our room ahead of time?

I dont entirely know if they are available or not. I think i've seen reports that they have a few available that can be requested. As for having it already in your room, I highly doubt it. Too many reports of musical room assignments at checkin for them to e setting things up pre arrival in rooms for guests.

We just returned from an 8 night stay at WBC in Tower 2 on the 9th floor. Room was renovated but had a 1 bedroom with view of the parking lot. We have stayed at many other Disney hotels on past trips and WBC was by far the best we have stayed in. We booked through Vacation Strategies and were a little worried that all we had from VS was an email receipt telling us to show drivers license at check in. I called WBC a week before we left and found a reservation under our last name so then the worry went away. WBC provided laundry powder in our room. The washer/dryer were small top loading stackables. They were quiet and worked great. We had to ask for more laundry soap while there and had no trouble getting it from the front desk. Pools were nice and never really crowded. Never had time for the kids club activities. Ate one night at the pizza restaurant and it was good. Also had no hassle at check-in. Husband checked in and kids and I stayed in the car. He was never asked about attending any meeting. We left our phone plugged in too and the only message we got was about construction beginning on a pool in another tower. We will be back to Bonnet Creek. Very easy, convenient and clean. Thanks to this board for bringing it to my attention. I would have never known about this place without this board.

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of pool construction? I'm curious to know whats planned. I know they did a big refurb of the main pool last year

As for the advantages of Magic Express for your arrival onsite, there is no reason you can't still use it. You can still have Magic Express handle your bags and deliver them to the resort even if you don't ride the bus to the park.
You could also send one parent with the kids on the Disney bus, while the other goes to pick up the car and then meet at the resort.
I would not want to argue with TooTall, but DVC has told me that they will not handle the luggage on ME if I don't go on the bus.

I would not want to argue with TooTall, but DVC has told me that they will not handle the luggage on ME if I don't go on the bus.

Really? interesting. I'll happily defer to those with more recent first hand experience. I thought I'd read about other people doing the 'Drive and let ME handle the bags" trick in other DIS posts, but I don't remember how long ago that was or any other details about it. It might also be worth asking on the transportation forum as the people there are very well informed about all things transportation related.

I'd seriously suggest pricing the car from the airport for your entire trip, just to see what the cost is. You'll have more choices at the airport and it could potentially be a lot quicker/easier to pick the car up there then have to locate a rental desk nearby. The price from the airport could also end up being a better deal when you figure the savings you'd get from taking the cab when resort hopping.

You could also send one parent with the kids on the Disney bus, while the other goes to pick up the car and then meet at the resort. Even if the car stays parked at the Disney hotel the entire time you are there, Disney doesn't charge for parking at the hotel.

Thanks so much for your help. I do appreciate it. However, I will be traveling alone with my two kids and after a 12 hour flight I just can't handle renting a car (I don't have a car at home and rarely drive so it is a bit stressful at the best of times).

I know we won't need a car at Disney and I think we can make do with the shuttle for the first half of our stay at Bonnet Creek. I do think we will save quite a bit of money that way (7 days rental fee, parking fees at the parks, gas) even though we will have some extra expenses (cab ride from CBR to Bonnet Creek, grocery delivery, shuttle fees).

I might still check prices at the airport but really don't think this will work for us (though I do believe it would be the best option for most guests).

TooTall - last November I did a split stay with AofA & WBC. I was told by Disney that when you turn in your voucher to get on the ME buss is what triggers Disney pulling your luggage. If no one gets on the bus then Disney leaves your luggage at the airport - even though it has the Disney tags on it. I ended up just renting a car for the entire week at the airport and did not use ME. It was cheaper than picking one up during the week on property for just a few days.

For anyone that used the buses --

Is it an all-day pass, or just a round trip? My wife and I like to come back in the afternoons, and then head back to the parks in the evening. Just wondering if we'd have to pay twice per day.

'll be at BC in July and I was told when I confirmed my reservation, that the $5.00 is per person round-trip. If you go back to BC after going to the parks for a break, and you decide to go back to the park in the evening you will have to pay again.

I wish it was all day. We will have a 3 1/2 year old with us and he gets cranky easily. He will want to go back to BC and swim.

For anyone that used the buses --

Is it an all-day pass, or just a round trip? My wife and I like to come back in the afternoons, and then head back to the parks in the evening. Just wondering if we'd have to pay twice per day.

'll be at BC in July and I was told when I confirmed my reservation, that the $5.00 is per person round-trip. If you go back to BC after going to the parks for a break, and you decide to go back to the park in the evening you will have to pay again.

I wish it was all day. We will have a 3 1/2 year old with us and he gets cranky easily. He will want to go back to BC and swim.

I just copied this from the Wyndham Bonnet Creek site:

• Shuttle To Walt Disney World ® Resort: Effective March 1, 2013 each guest at Wyndham Bonnet Creek utilizing the transportation shuttle to a Disney theme park or Downtown Disney will need a ticket to board the bus. Tickets will be sold at the resort for $5 per person per round trip for any Wyndham Bonnet Creek guest wanting to use this service. Children three years of age and under will be complimentary.

I've been on hold with BC for half hour... apparently we booked a 2 bedroom deluxe through a timeshare swap ( We're a guest of someone) and the online confirmation stated 2 bedroom deluxe... now, a few months later my confirmation came in the mail... and it says 1 bedroom deluxe. Im sure Ill work it out but for times sake, wanted a quick idea....

anyone know the best tower to request if I want to be super close to the pool?

There are numerous pools, 2 lazy rivers, sprinkler play areas all over the resort. I do not think there is a single tower without a pool in front or adjacent to it. Two pools have slides - you must be able to swim on your own to use the slides. Some pools are zero entry.

Hmm, I didn't realize that. Still it might be worth it for us as we are staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal later and they have a Hertz station where I could drop off the car. So the convenience and saving time and possible transfer fees might be worth it. I will definitely have to compare some prices though...

We rented thru dollar at the airport for $178 all included for an 8 day stay.
Not sure we will ever use the shuttles again.....

So excited! We stayed at Bonnet Creek for the first time last month (May 10th-20th). I think we found our new resort home. We loved it so much, guess what I did yesterday? I booked not one, but two more trips down there.:cool1: I booked a one bedroom through Shelby Resorts for eight nights Sept 14th-22nd and then booked a ten night stay in a one bedroom for Dec 6th-16th through Aaron Washburn. Both were renters listed on myresortscom. Anyone familiar with these two renters?

I requested quotes for both stays through not only these two, but also Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, Farrells, a seller on ebay, and another renter on myresorts.com. Shelby Resorts was cheaper for the Sept dates, but Aaron Washburn was alot cheaper than anyone else for the Dec dates.

I bought airfare for both trips last week when the prices dropped. I feel like I got such good deals for both trips ($274.00 for airfare and $595.00 for eight nights at BC for the Sept trip and $245.00 airfare and only $600.00 for ten nights at BC for the Dec trip). We already have annual passes for WDW and Universal, so all I need to do now is find a good price on a rental car for each trip.

So excited! We stayed at Bonnet Creek for the first time last month (May 10th-20th). I think we found our new resort home. We loved it so much, guess what I did yesterday? I booked not one, but two more trips down there.:cool1: I booked a one bedroom through Shelby Resorts for eight nights Sept 14th-22nd and then booked a ten night stay in a one bedroom for Dec 6th-16th through Aaron Washburn. Both were renters listed on myresortscom. Anyone familiar with these two renters?

I requested quotes for both stays through not only these two, but also Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, Farrells, a seller on ebay, and another renter on myresorts.com. Shelby Resorts was cheaper for the Sept dates, but Aaron Washburn was alot cheaper than anyone else for the Dec dates.

I bought airfare for both trips last week when the prices dropped. I feel like I got such good deals for both trips ($274.00 for airfare and $595.00 for eight nights at BC for the Sept trip and $245.00 airfare and only $600.00 for ten nights at BC for the Dec trip). We already have annual passes for WDW and Universal, so all I need to do now is find a good price on a rental car for each trip.

I am currently renting from Aron Washburn he is great, I have to make changes, he has been quick, prompt, and GREAT communication. I almost rented from him last trip, but got a better deal through 5Star, so he has been around for awhile. Hope this helps:goodvibes

We just returned from an 8 night stay at WBC in Tower 2 on the 9th floor. Room was renovated but had a 1 bedroom with view of the parking lot. We have stayed at many other Disney hotels on past trips and WBC was by far the best we have stayed in. We booked through Vacation Strategies and were a little worried that all we had from VS was an email receipt telling us to show drivers license at check in. I called WBC a week before we left and found a reservation under our last name so then the worry went away. WBC provided laundry powder in our room. The washer/dryer were small top loading stackables. They were quiet and worked great. We had to ask for more laundry soap while there and had no trouble getting it from the front desk. Pools were nice and never really crowded. Never had time for the kids club activities. Ate one night at the pizza restaurant and it was good. Also had no hassle at check-in. Husband checked in and kids and I stayed in the car. He was never asked about attending any meeting. We left our phone plugged in too and the only message we got was about construction beginning on a pool in another tower. We will be back to Bonnet Creek. Very easy, convenient and clean. Thanks to this board for bringing it to my attention. I would have never known about this place without this board.

What towers pool was under construction? Is there a pool refurb going on???

I keep trying to go to "myresorts . com" but I can't find it? Is that what it is?

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is normal to get quoted the same price for a 2 bedroom for 8 nights and a 4 bedroom for 8 nights? I got a quote from VS for Presidential units on both and received separate emails with the price being the same on both sizes. ??

I keep trying to go to "myresorts . com" but I can't find it? Is that what it is?

Sorry about that. I just did a search and apparently it's myresortnetwork.com. Here's the site:
http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Condo-Rentals/Lake-Buena-Vista/Florida/Wyndham-Bonnet-Creek-Resort/ A friend used Shelby resorts in May and told me to contact them, so I'm not too concerned about them. I was just curious if anyone else had used either Shelby Resorts or Aaron Washburn.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is normal to get quoted the same price for a 2 bedroom for 8 nights and a 4 bedroom for 8 nights? I got a quote from VS for Presidential units on both and received separate emails with the price being the same on both sizes. ??

When I requested quotes for our trip this past May, one of the renters offered me a two bedroom for the same price as a one bedroom. However, his prices were higher than most of the quotes I got, so I didn't go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter