The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working out getting from Sanford to WBCend if sept if I decide not to drive who do you recommend for transfers at a decent price???

We just stayed in Tower 4 room 964. We had a fireworks view 3 bedroom. The room and view were both great. Room & everything was in great condition.
I purchased off ebay from kwksprop and everything went smooth.
This was our first time staying offsite will definitely stay at WBC again.

I'm going to miss WBC this summer. We are going to the Marriott Grande Vista instead. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I'm sort of having second thoughts though....we really LOVE the lazy rivers at WBC. Anyhow, it's time to try something new and my rental is non-refundable.

I have a question about WBC. We have recently bought into Wyndham timeshare points (resale- not from the resort itself) and I have been reading reviews on the different resorts in the Orlando area on Trip Advisor and I noticed there a lot of complaints from ppl about the air conditioners not working properly or at all in some rooms. Are there motion sensors on the air conditioners that cause the units to cut off when nobody is in the room or at night when you are sleeping?

A few other questions for anybody in the mood to educate me about Bonnet Creek...

Is there only one parking garage near building 5 or is there more than one parking garage? What buildings would you want to be in if you wanted to use the parking garage? (I have read reviews that say finding parking once you come back in the evenings can be difficult)

Do you actually go to the parking pass desk when you check in and hear the hard sales pitch or do you just skip the pass all together? I heard you don't really need it.

Is there a self parking fee to park your own car at the resort?

I have a question about WBC. We have recently bought into Wyndham timeshare points (resale- not from the resort itself) and I have been reading reviews on the different resorts in the Orlando area on Trip Advisor and I noticed there a lot of complaints from ppl about the air conditioners not working properly or at all in some rooms. Are there motion sensors on the air conditioners that cause the units to cut off when nobody is in the room or at night when you are sleeping?

A few other questions for anybody in the mood to educate me about Bonnet Creek...

Is there only one parking garage near building 5 or is there more than one parking garage? What buildings would you want to be in if you wanted to use the parking garage? (I have read reviews that say finding parking once you come back in the evenings can be difficult)

Do you actually go to the parking pass desk when you check in and hear the hard sales pitch or do you just skip the pass all together? I heard you don't really need it.

Is there a self parking fee to park your own car at the resort?

1. never had AC issues. You can override the system if you want it to run continuously.

2.There is a garage at #4 right beside #5. There is also a garage at #6 which also is for the hotel. I've been there through very busy holidays and parking was never a real issue. I think only once we had to go up 2 levels in the garage to get a spot. The rest of the time we found one on the ground. We preferred a covered spot and most often got one.

3. The parking pass issue is up for debate. Some say yes, you need one while others say no, you do not. It's not at all hard to go to the desk and get a pass. All you have to do is say one of two things A.your spouse is not on the trip with you or B.you're unemployed. You then do not qualify and they will leave you alone. It's not at all a hard sell at the desk....they are only trying to get you to book a sales presentation, THAT's the hard sell.

4. no fee for parking

1. never had AC issues. You can override the system if you want it to run continuously.

2.There is a garage at #4 right beside #5. There is also a garage at #6 which also is for the hotel. I've been there through very busy holidays and parking was never a real issue. I think only once we had to go up 2 levels in the garage to get a spot. The rest of the time we found one on the ground. We preferred a covered spot and most often got one.

3. The parking pass issue is up for debate. Some say yes, you need one while others say no, you do not. It's not at all hard to go to the desk and get a pass. All you have to do is say one of two things A.your spouse is not on the trip with you or B.you're unemployed. You then do not qualify and they will leave you alone. It's not at all a hard sell at the desk....they are only trying to get you to book a sales presentation, THAT's the hard sell.

4. no fee for parking

Thank you for answering all my questions. I have a ton more questions but I am trying to read up on this thread as much as I can to see if it answers some of them.

You mention a hotel...is that something different than Bonnet Creek? Like there are 6 Bonnet Creek towers then a SEPARATE hotel?

Is it obvious when you pull in the property which building you need to go to for check in? I have pulled up Google images of the resort to try and familiarize myself with what it looks like a little bit but it seems SO BIG.

But this thread is so big too. lol

Thank you for answering all my questions. I have a ton more questions but I am trying to read up on this thread as much as I can to see if it answers some of them.

You mention a hotel...is that something different than Bonnet Creek? Like there are 6 Bonnet Creek towers then a SEPARATE hotel?

Is it obvious when you pull in the property which building you need to go to for check in? I have pulled up Google images of the resort to try and familiarize myself with what it looks like a little bit but it seems SO BIG.

Yes there is a hotel. It's located right beside #6....between #6 and #3. It's the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek. Hotel guests have full use of the property the same as the timeshare guests.

When you arrive the main building is right in front of you but the guard will direct you.

Ask as many questions as you like...that's what the thread is for.

1. In answer to your original post, it is not at the desk that they give you the "hard sell." If you agree to the--I think they're now calling it a "forum"--and go, THEN they will give you a hard sell. Standing at a desk where you could walk away from is not conducive to hammering people over the head; having them in a cubicle, knowing that you have to have paperwork to get your gift--that's what forces you to endure it. That being said, last time I went (Dec. 2012) they had decreased the pressure.
2. Yes, there is a separate hotel. If on a clock face with the lake in the middle, the check in would be at 7, building 1 at 5, then the Grand would be at 12.
3. As stated above, when you pull into the property, the guard will direct you to check-in. There are parking spaces set aside for people checking in.

Yes there is a hotel. It's located right beside #6....between #6 and #3. It's the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek. Hotel guests have full use of the property the same as the timeshare guests.

When you arrive the main building is right in front of you but the guard will direct you.

Ask as many questions as you like...that's what the thread is for.

Ok well then let me ask you about the towers. I have been reading as many of the reviews on trip advisor as I can, the good ones and the bad ones...

Most people say if you ask for a lake view you have a great view but in most cases if they give you a parking lot view you may be able to see the Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks.

But I also read somewhere, maybe here, that Bonnet Creek really doesn't take room requests anymore. So would it do any good to ask for a specific building when we go?

I am not real picky. I don't really care if it is in the newer buildings or not and to be honest I am not real picky about the view. I would really just like a location where the parking situation was good. Like possibly very near a parking garage.

But I don't know if they already have your room assigned when you get there.

Alot of the reviews also said they weren't very successful in trying to check in early, like before 4 pm.

But most of the bad reviews were from ppl not knowing it was a timeshare resort, who expected daily housekeeping or were complaining about the rooms being old and outdated and having tons of maintenance issues. Some were even talking about bed bugs! EEK!

I just know our choices for our next Orlando stay with our Wyndham points would be Star Island in Kissimmee (which has a ton of bad reviews) or Bonnet Creek. DH said he would rather stay at Bonnet Creek.

I am just nervous about how big the place is.

I was hesitant to start asking too many questions about Bonnet Creek here because I have asked some questions on the timeshare message boards and right at first they didn't want to answer anything, just basically told me to do searches and find the info myself. That's why I am trying to read this whole thread if I get time so that I may be able to get a lot more info myself without having to ask a hundred questions. So I apologize if I ask stuff that has already been covered in this thread.

I just know our choices for our next Orlando stay with our Wyndham points would be Star Island in Kissimmee (which has a ton of bad reviews) or Bonnet Creek. DH said he would rather stay at Bonnet Creek.

My home resort is Star Island. I stayed there once, before I bought the timeshare ($100 for 49,000 points on ebay).
One bit of advice I'd urge you to follow if you stay at Star Island in a one bedroom: get the better lock-out. The cheaper lock-out, in which they put me, has no balcony, no washer/dryer, no separate Jacuzzi, a smaller kitchen, no view, and is smaller in total.
Star Island is a nice enough resort. It is a fraction of the size of Bonnet Creek, and thus doesn't have the huge number of people, and therefore is quieter and more laid back. The buildings are smaller, and you pull right up to your building.
That being said, as to choosing between Star Island and Bonnet Creek: the points for the good lock-out at Star Island are the same as for a 1 BR at Bonnet Creek. Bonnet Creek has a lot more amenities: 5 pools versus 2, 2 water slides, 2 lazy rivers. Both have mini-golf. I think the location of Bonnet Creek is much better if you plan to spend time in Disney World. The drive to any attraction in WDW is much shorter from Bonnet Creek.
When I stayed at Star Island, it was my first trip to Orlando, and I was really impressed by Star Island as a naive first timer. I have stayed in Bonnet Creek 3 times since then, and although I've visited Star Island just to check on my initial impression, I would say that for most people Bonnet Creek would be the better choice. Unless being at a smaller resort outweighs all the pluses of Bonnet Creek.

Ok well then let me ask you about the towers. I have been reading as many of the reviews on trip advisor as I can, the good ones and the bad ones...

Most people say if you ask for a lake view you have a great view but in most cases if they give you a parking lot view you may be able to see the Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks.

But I also read somewhere, maybe here, that Bonnet Creek really doesn't take room requests anymore. So would it do any good to ask for a specific building when we go?

I am not real picky. I don't really care if it is in the newer buildings or not and to be honest I am not real picky about the view. I would really just like a location where the parking situation was good. Like possibly very near a parking garage.

But I don't know if they already have your room assigned when you get there.

Alot of the reviews also said they weren't very successful in trying to check in early, like before 4 pm.

But most of the bad reviews were from ppl not knowing it was a timeshare resort, who expected daily housekeeping or were complaining about the rooms being old and outdated and having tons of maintenance issues. Some were even talking about bed bugs! EEK!

I was hesitant to start asking too many questions about Bonnet Creek here because I have asked some questions on the timeshare message boards and right at first they didn't want to answer anything, just basically told me to do searches and find the info myself. That's why I am trying to read this whole thread if I get time so that I may be able to get a lot more info myself without having to ask a hundred questions. So I apologize if I ask stuff that has already been covered in this thread.

Pretty much every question that can be asked...has been asked and answered 100 times. Don't worry about it. This is a friendly crowd that LOOOOVES to talk about WBC. Hence the title of the thread.

As far as the view goes you will have a nice view if you are above the 6th or 7th floor. There are locations that will give you lake view only, DTD view only, fireworks view only or lake and fireworks view. There are many different views and all can be nice.

If parking is your main concern then request #4, 5 or 6. As with anyplace you can always make a request but it doesn't mean you will get it. I think it may depend on the level of ownership that you have as to whether you get your request. I have booked through a VIP owner and got my requested building. Keep your request very general and you will have a better chance.

Checking in early.....it will all depend on the size of suite, the day of the week and the time of the year. It's not out of the question but I think in general, WBC pretty much sticks to the 4pm rule.

Also...most of the suites should have finished being refurb'd. They were replacing furniture last year.

My home resort is Star Island. I stayed there once, before I bought the timeshare ($100 for 49,000 points on ebay).
One bit of advice I'd urge you to follow if you stay at Star Island in a one bedroom: get the better lock-out. The cheaper lock-out, in which they put me, has no balcony, no washer/dryer, no separate Jacuzzi, a smaller kitchen, no view, and is smaller in total.
Star Island is a nice enough resort. It is a fraction of the size of Bonnet Creek, and thus doesn't have the huge number of people, and therefore is quieter and more laid back. The buildings are smaller, and you pull right up to your building.
That being said, as to choosing between Star Island and Bonnet Creek: the points for the good lock-out at Star Island are the same as for a 1 BR at Bonnet Creek. Bonnet Creek has a lot more amenities: 5 pools versus 2, 2 water slides, 2 lazy rivers. Both have mini-golf. I think the location of Bonnet Creek is much better if you plan to spend time in Disney World. The drive to any attraction in WDW is much shorter from Bonnet Creek.
When I stayed at Star Island, it was my first trip to Orlando, and I was really impressed by Star Island as a naive first timer. I have stayed in Bonnet Creek 3 times since then, and although I've visited Star Island just to check on my initial impression, I would say that for most people Bonnet Creek would be the better choice. Unless being at a smaller resort outweighs all the pluses of Bonnet Creek.

Thanks for the info. I did kind of want to try Star Island first just because it is smaller and the large size of Bonnet Creek kind of intimidates me a little.

I did read in the bad reviews of Star Island that the "A" lock outs were the little ones with mini kitchens so to be sure you asked for the "B" side of the lock out.

I may end up trying it someday but DH is leaning towards Bonnet Creek.

I didn't end up actually buying points for either Orlando resort. I bought 3 contracts. 77k points from las Vegas, 77k points from Atlantic City and 154,000 points from Branson Missouri. I feel like I stole them because I got all 3 of them for a total of $800. There were no transfer fees or closing costs on two of the three and only a transfer fee for the third one.

One of the reasons I encouraged Dh to actually let us buy into Wyndham is because of the resorts in Orlando (and Tennesse and Vegas and Alexandria, LOL) But we have taken 5 trips to Orlando in the last 20 months and like I told Dh, just on ONE trip we took we spent $2800 JUST ON THE ROOM. So if we are going to continue to vacation several times a year these Wyndham points will end up saving us a ton of money even after you pay the monthly MF's.

I Googled Wyndham Bonnet Creek and a website comes up where you can book a stay through paying cash instead of using points and I put in 2 adults for a one bedroom in November and it was almost $200 a night to stay there on cash. It will only take 13,000 points a night staying on points during week 45.

I was hoping I could Google Bonnet Creek and get a website that was more informative but this thread actually seems to have much more info about Bonnet Creek than the website has.

Pretty much every question that can be asked...has been asked and answered 100 times. Don't worry about it. This is a friendly crowd that LOOOOVES to talk about WBC. Hence the title of the thread.

As far as the view goes you will have a nice view if you are above the 6th or 7th floor. There are locations that will give you lake view only, DTD view only, fireworks view only or lake and fireworks view. There are many different views and all can be nice.

If parking is your main concern then request #4, 5 or 6. As with anyplace you can always make a request but it doesn't mean you will get it. I think it may depend on the level of ownership that you have as to whether you get your request. I have booked through a VIP owner and got my requested building. Keep your request very general and you will have a better chance.

Checking in early.....it will all depend on the size of suite, the day of the week and the time of the year. It's not out of the question but I think in general, WBC pretty much sticks to the 4pm rule.

Well if we get to go this November (it depends on what kind of availability I can get with our points once I get the points transferred to my name is about 6 weeks) I might just not even request a certain area because it will be at the beginning of November when nothing is going on and the kids are in school, no holidays...so maybe parking during that time won't be an issue. Maybe I will just ask when checkin in if we can have a higher floor than level 5. Or maybe I will ask if we can be in tower 6. I don't know. I will have to think on that more.

I do not have VIP level points. I only bought 308,000 points and to be VIP I think you have to have more than 500,000. And if I am not mistaken to be VIP you have to have bought them retail and not resale. But I could be wrong about that part.

If we go we will be driving next time instead of flying and probably won't even get there until 4-5 pm anyway so hopefully our room would be ready.

I am looking forward to having a kitchen and a washer and dryer.

I Googled Wyndham Bonnet Creek and a website comes up where you can book a stay through paying cash instead of using points and I put in 2 adults for a one bedroom in November and it was almost $200 a night to stay there on cash. It will only take 13,000 points a night staying on points during week 45.

I was hoping I could Google Bonnet Creek and get a website that was more informative but this thread actually seems to have much more info about Bonnet Creek than the website has.
If you read this thread, you will get a load of information.
For example: you will learn that there are people who will rent you a condo at incredibly low prices. So low, in fact, that it is less than it costs me using MY points to stay there! And presumably they are making a profit. I have seen posts where people have stayed in 2 BR units for under $100 a night.

If we go in November it will be just Dh and myself but I told Dh that with all the activities there are at Bonnet Creek, with the 5 pools and 2 slides and 2 lazy rivers, pool tables, ping pong tables, arcade, poolside activities, that we may be able to take the kids there and actually spend a few days just enjoying the resort and spend a little less time in the parks.

I am curious though, would all these resort amenities and activities appeal to tweens and teens? Or are they mostly geared towards littler kids?

Our kids are 12, 13 and 14 and they love to swim and they like to play ping pong. I also read the have poolside activities kind of like Disney does. Are they little kid games or do older kids and adults play along too?

I know when we stayed at All Star Music in a family suite the kids had a good time going down to the pool and playing trivia and bingo with the lifeguards, they watched an outdoor movie after dark, they swam and they played ping pong. It seems like they might be able to do some of that at bonnet Creek.

If you read this thread, you will get a load of information.
For example: you will learn that there are people who will rent you a condo at incredibly low prices. So low, in fact, that it is less than it costs me using MY points to stay there! And presumably they are making a profit. I have seen posts where people have stayed in 2 BR units for under $100 a night.

Well someone the timeshare boards said if you don't factor in your initial buy in cost and just factor in your MF's that you can stay in a one bedroom during value season for around $50 worth of points per night. Now of course that goes up as you get bigger units. If we took all the kids we would get a 3 bedroom or at the least a 2 bedroom.

I read a few ppl on TUG said there are a lot of resorts you can sometimes find rentals for that are less than paying MF's. The main reason I want my own points in mostly so I can be in control of my bookings and be able to book whenever I want to and look for my own availability, etc.

You can also use your Wyndham points to deposit points into RCI and trade into a DVC resort but I am not sure that is very wise point wise. I think the point requirements are pretty high to stay in DVC resorts but I can't check until I get my RCI account. I am not sure how Wyndham points translates into RCI points yet.

Well if we get to go this November (it depends on what kind of availability I can get with our points once I get the points transferred to my name is about 6 weeks) I might just not even request a certain area because it will be at the beginning of November when nothing is going on and the kids are in school, no holidays...so maybe parking during that time won't be an issue. Maybe I will just ask when checkin in if we can have a higher floor than level 5. Or maybe I will ask if we can be in tower 6. I don't know. I will have to think on that more.

I do not have VIP level points. I only bought 308,000 points and to be VIP I think you have to have more than 500,000. And if I am not mistaken to be VIP you have to have bought them retail and not resale. But I could be wrong about that part.

If we go we will be driving next time instead of flying and probably won't even get there until 4-5 pm anyway so hopefully our room would be ready.

I am looking forward to having a kitchen and a washer and dryer.

As long as your trip isn't around Thanksgiving, you shouldn/t have a problem finding availability in November. It's a relatively slow time of year.

And you are correct. In order to get VIP you would need to buy the points directly from the developer. With the much higher cost for Developer points, there honestly isn't enough value in the VIP 'perks' to justify the cost. (for the 'average' owner. Between upgrades and point discounts larger owners or commercial renters could probably justify the cost of obtaining VIP status). Even if you buy out someone with VIP status currently, that status will not transfer with your purchase.

The only "status" that can be bought resale would be Presidential Reserve as it is deeded differently and the Presidential Reserve perks are part of the ownership (I believe), and not just a marketting program like the VIP program. (Which is not deeded, and therefor subject to change.... which they have done several times over the history of the program).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter