The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Wyndham Labelle Maison in New Orleans earlier this month. No security deposit was requested.

18 DAYS UNTIL WE'RE @ WBC!! YES!!!!

I just booked my stay at WBC through VS (yay)! I had one quick question. Do all the rooms have a balcony? I thought they did based on floor plans I looked at, but then I wasn't sure reading some reviews. It seems that maybe some of the hotel rooms don't have balconys (understandably) but do all the time share properties? Thanks!

I just booked my stay at WBC through VS (yay)! I had one quick question. Do all the rooms have a balcony? I thought they did based on floor plans I looked at, but then I wasn't sure reading some reviews. It seems that maybe some of the hotel rooms don't have balconys (understandably) but do all the time share properties? Thanks!

Yes, All of the units which are part of the timeshare resort have a balcony or Patio. (obviously, ground floor units have a patio instead of an elevated balcony)

Thank you DC for the reply! Also I haven't finished my profile (and haven't figured out how to load a picture) but I noticed from yours that you live less than an hour from me! Small world!

Thank you DC for the reply! Also I haven't finished my profile (and haven't figured out how to load a picture) but I noticed from yours that you live less than an hour from me! Small world!

There are a LOT of people around the DIS from the Central PA and Midatlantic areas of the country.

Is a security deposit required? Last year I called in advance and was told yes, but when I arrived I was told no. I called again this morning and was told yes, it's $150 hold on a credit card. I called Vacation Strategy, since we reserved through them. Whoever I spoke with said he has never had to pay a security deposit. Wish I could get a definitive answer.

We used Vacation Strategies in October and were not asked to provide a security deposit. They asked if we'd like to put a credit card on file for resort purchases, but we said no and that was it.

I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to say that I just called to request a tower for our May 28th stay and I was told that they no longer take requests for views/towers unless you are the owner. This is a service/ammenity of being an owner. My in-laws are the owners so maybe I should have my mil call and see if she can request for us.

Has anyone else run into this? Maybe I missed it on here as I haven't read the entire thread.

Just thought of something else..... we are getting 2 day base tickets but I haven't bought them yet. Can we buy those at WBC and are those good to go to the gate or do we need to stop at the TTC first?

Thanks!

Just thought of something else..... we are getting 2 day base tickets but I haven't bought them yet. Can we buy those at WBC and are those good to go to the gate or do we need to stop at the TTC first?

Thanks!

You can buy tickets at the WBC Lobby that are actual Disney Admission Media. You won't need to stop by the TTC ticket booths upon your arrival at the parks.

(Obviously, You'll still go thru the TTC from your car to the Monorail/ferry... or the WBC shuttle drop off to the monorail/Ferry.)

There are a LOT of people around the DIS from the Central PA and Midatlantic areas of the country.

More people go to Disney from our area than anywhere in the country. That's why Disney sends characters to the Philly Thanksgiving parade over any other parade.

Regarding a security deposit, is it possible that the folks who book directly with the resort on cash are asked to provide one, while owners are not?

More people go to Disney from our area than anywhere in the country. That's why Disney sends characters to the Philly Thanksgiving parade over any other parade.

Regarding a security deposit, is it possible that the folks who book directly with the resort on cash are asked to provide one, while owners are not?

Makes sense as PA is one of the most densely populated states in the country. Just good business sense. I would love to visit that area someday.

I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to say that I just called to request a tower for our May 28th stay and I was told that they no longer take requests for views/towers unless you are the owner. This is a service/ammenity of being an owner. My in-laws are the owners so maybe I should have my mil call and see if she can request for us.

Has anyone else run into this? Maybe I missed it on here as I haven't read the entire thread.
I have not seen anything before on that policy or experienced it, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are many, many threads about people wanting to know how to make requests, how to get a fireworks view, etc. If all those people are calling the resort ahead of time, it is likely becoming an issue for the staff -- or at least they have noticed it and are looking for a way to create a benefit for Wyndham owners. They know that Bonnet Creek is popular with renters. Perhaps they think they can sell a few more timeshares with the benefit of "We'll take your requests."

Disney resorts have solved much of the "request-itis" by charging more for "fireworks views, water view, etc." At Bonnet Creek, the room you get is pretty much the luck of the draw -- and now it may be more "luck" than ever.

I am hoping someone can help me with a few questions. 1st, what is the best way to book a stay at WBC? 2nd, who has the best deal? 3rd, how is the transportation to the parks?

Thanks

I haven't read this whole thread but I wanted to say that I just called to request a tower for our May 28th stay and I was told that they no longer take requests for views/towers unless you are the owner. This is a service/ammenity of being an owner.

Woohoo! I'm going to call and hopefully make my request. :) Finally something after missing out on all the perks of staying onsite-(DP, EMH, free trasnport).

Poo! :( The only requests they take are from Gold, Platinum, or VIP owners. Thats it. I've been paying on this timeshare for TEN YEARS now. That stinks.

I have not seen anything before on that policy or experienced it, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are many, many threads about people wanting to know how to make requests, how to get a fireworks view, etc. If all those people are calling the resort ahead of time, it is likely becoming an issue for the staff -- or at least they have noticed it and are looking for a way to create a benefit for Wyndham owners. They know that Bonnet Creek is popular with renters. Perhaps they think they can sell a few more timeshares with the benefit of "We'll take your requests."

Disney resorts have solved much of the "request-itis" by charging more for "fireworks views, water view, etc." At Bonnet Creek, the room you get is pretty much the luck of the draw -- and now it may be more "luck" than ever.

Wyndham got on board with this at the newer resorts and charges more points for views and location.

BC might be responding from owner complaints, because initially requests were for owners only and more specifically VIP owners. In the case of renting from a VIP owner and getting them to make the request - it may work; however, VIP benefits do not convey to renters.

That is so crazy! I wouldn't even have thought of that. Makes sense though!

I just put down a deposit on a 2 bed deluxe for February 2014! It will be our first time staying off site. My parents are going to be with us, so we're looking forward to the space BC will afford us for a nice price, not to mention the amenities and freedom to not eat Disney food for every meal.

We'll be going during school vacation week, so I wanted to get on this early! I reserved through Vacation Strategy. They beat the other two quotes we got by $20 per night. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I assume since it's a timeshare condo there is no mousekeeping, sorry housekeeping that comes in and leaves more shampoo? So with 5 kids I better bring plenty of soap and shampoo!

According to the 1st post in this thread, refills of all supplies are available for free at the front desk. We haven't been yet, so I am not sure if that is outdated information. :confused3

I just wanted to ask a quick pricing question and find out if this is a decent deal or not???

A 2BR Deluxe Villa at Bonnet Creek for 4 nights (arriving on a Thursday) in late January for a total of $576.

Thumbs up or down on the pricing?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter