The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back home now from a week at Bonnet Creek. We had a wonderful stay, and no issues to really speak of. Had to wait a while for our room, but we had arrived early and I had requested a high floor with fireworks view. We were in Tower 5, top floor (1586). We loved sitting on the balcony watching the fireworks from MK and Epcot every night! The furniture was in good shape and the beds were decent. Can't say that the couch bed was really that comfortable, but what couch bed is? DD and SIL slept on it and they survived :) The king bed was comfortable and the 2 full size beds were fine. Like others have posted the shower heads aren't that great, but adequate. Had to just rinse our hair a little longer.

The bus shuttle to the parks worked out great for us. Most of the time, they were on time taking us to the parks and picking us up. I would advise to get there about 10 minutes before it's time to depart. They do fill the buses all the way, with people standing all the way to the front after the seats are filled. The pickup is at building 1 and building 6. (Which was only a short walk from building 5 for us).

My family truly enjoyed the lazy river which was right out the door of building 5. There was also a zero entry pool, and a hot tub nearby. When getting your pool towels, they will request your room number, so be sure to turn them back in when someone is there, so they can take it off your room. We just kept ours all week, through in the dryer in the room, then turned them back in before we left.

All my adult children stayed with us and all had various electronics such as laptops, IPhones, Kindles, etc. No one used the hard line, and No one complained of not getting any reception.

We really couldn't find anything to complain about at Bonnet Creek! We truly loved our stay and will stay there again on our next Orlando visit! I do wish there was a way that we could pass on our items we didn't use to other visitors. I had a couple of Entertainment Coupon Books I had purchased along with some Restaurant.Com coupons. I gave the coupons and one book to a family I saw checking in on our last day. The other book, I left on the counter as you come into the building. I hope someone was able to use it, instead of it getting thrown away.

I would highly recommend anyone to stay at BCR. We loved it! Oh, and we booked our stay with Vacation Strategies too!

Thanks for the great report! We are leaving in 4 days for BC and we rented through VS too:goodvibes

So far, this resort is pretty amazing! The lady who checked us in was super nice, parking pass lady was nice and did not push anything. We did check the lowest income, which she questioned, but I told her I didn't work and she smiled and sent us on our merry way. Unplugged the phones just in case! One thing I want to mention, I brought mini portable speakers to listen to music and then found a little Sony stereo here that plays pretty much everything! Just make sure you bring your own audio cable as I didn't see one! Can't wait to watch the fireworks from our balcony tonight!

So far, this resort is pretty amazing! The lady who checked us in was super nice, parking pass lady was nice and did not push anything. We did check the lowest income, which she questioned, but I told her I didn't work and she smiled and sent us on our merry way. Unplugged the phones just in case! One thing I want to mention, I brought mini portable speakers to listen to music and then found a little Sony stereo here that plays pretty much everything! Just make sure you bring your own audio cable as I didn't see one! Can't wait to watch the fireworks from our balcony tonight!

I cant believe that she would question you on your income!!! Unbelieveable! This is the one part I am dreading...the parking pass desk. What did she actually say to you? I guess I could just check that and then tell her its none of her business if she questions me;)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to the forums and there is quite a lot of information to sift through. I'm looking at planning a December trip with my family, kids are 2 and 3. Are there bed rails available? If so, is there an additional cost?

Thanks so much! I love this forum and am highly considering Bonnet Creek...

I cant believe that she would question you on your income!!! Unbelieveable! This is the one part I am dreading...the parking pass desk. What did she actually say to you? I guess I could just check that and then tell her its none of her business if she questions me;)

This is my thought. I try not to lie ever, so checking the "wrong" box on the paper was something I really didn't want to do. But then it dawned on me that there is no law anywhere that says I have to disclose how much I make to ANYONE except the IRS. They cannot demand that info, no matter how much they hound you about it.

When we were just there, we went with another couple (they are not married), and the woman is unemployed. So we sent her to the desk so she could honestly answer that she had no income :teeth: . We shared a car so we only needed one parking pass.

But should we ever go again (and we will), I will just grit my teeth and tell them that I am under absolutely no obligation to disclose ANYTHING personal to them, whatsoever. It may be a struggle/hassle, but we enjoyed the property so much, I think it will be worth it. We really did LOVE WBC. :)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to the forums and there is quite a lot of information to sift through. I'm looking at planning a December trip with my family, kids are 2 and 3. Are there bed rails available? If so, is there an additional cost?

Thanks so much! I love this forum and am highly considering Bonnet Creek...

I asked this same question a while back, and got no answer...so I called WBC directly. The answer was no, so I will be bringing my own rail. That is what I liked about WDW resorts...I didnt have to bring them.

Does WBC provide shuttle service for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? If so, does anyone know the times?

But should we ever go again (and we will), I will just grit my teeth and tell them that I am under absolutely no obligation to disclose ANYTHING personal to them, whatsoever. It may be a struggle/hassle, but we enjoyed the property so much, I think it will be worth it. We really did LOVE WBC. :)

I did not check a box when there last month because our income is no one's business other than the IRS. There was no problem at all. I was not questioned on income or my failure to check the box. The guy did ask conversationally about what I did as I filled out the form, and we talked about real estate. (We are realtors.) He gave me my pass, and I went on my way.

We are travelling to WBC for the 1st time on 10/31. We normally stay at Marriott Harbour Lakes but the prices werent what we were used to. We originally booked at Sheraton Vistana because looking online at WBC it was way more expensive. I kept waiting for the prices to go down or for a special from wyndham and no luck. I saw about VS, et all a little late but Ken Price was able to help me. I'm already paid and have my confirmation letters...do I really need to call to verify my resi? He and Denise have said they are calling to put in my request and get my resi #s linked together so I stay in one room the entire time :)

We will be checking in late around 10pm or so...will we still be able to get a parking pass then or will they make me come back in the morning to get it and go through the hard sell? I plan to just unplug the phone. Anyone that needs to get a hold of us in an emergency will call one of our cell phones.

We have a 2 bdrm deluxe...we are requesting a high floor in either towers 5 or 6 but overall getting a high floor in any bldg is most important. Is there one bldg I should absolutely stay away from?

I'm so excited to be going to WBC. I've read so many great things about it. Only a few more weeks and we'll be there. BTW this is our first non-disney vacation...we are going to be hanging out at WBC and may spend 1 day at US. We've been to WDW 4 times in 3 years so my husband said not this year...we'll see if my kids beg if he gives in :rolleyes1

I think the only reason she questioned it was because we're from Canada and she asked about it being the right amount in US dollars. She was very nice about it and wasn't pushy at all. I did not feel bad about lying, as my hubby would have been annoyed if they bothered us while on vacation.

So far everyone has been fantastic at this resort and I would definitely come back here. Watching the fireworks from the balcony is pretty cool, and our little girl thinks this is the best place in the world!

Hello all!! We are checking in on sat. We had a split reservation and got the first two nights at the grand orlando next door. Cant wait to see both properties really! :) First time at disneyworld and super excited!! We leave thurs morning!! I wanted to see if there's anyone who has any leftover non perishables or coupons ect. I'd be happy to take them. I know there is a bonnet creek pay it forward thread but I wasn't able to get a bin as we did our whole plan in 30 days! We saved a ton of money though and are on such a tight budget. As we all are! :) So anyhow we check in the 20th and leave the 25th. So if anyone would like to leave us anything please let me know by PM. Also I will be happy to leave what I dont use if someone is coming in the 25th please pm me and we can set it up!

If you are concerned about the parking pass process, do what we did. Nothing. You don't need it. We were there a week in march and no one cared or asked for it. We didn't get one. Just ignore them and dont even go to the desk. It's your vacation on your time. I think they called the room once and asked to come down to talk about time shares. I told them I'd go but never I never did.

I've been enjoying reading these threads, the information is insanely plentiful. I do have a few questions:

1) what building would you request for a 2 and 3yo? Our trip is in December, so I can't imagine we will be using the pool much, or will we? I think my son would love the mini golf and my husband and I would love a fireworks view.

2)is it unusual that VS said there are not rooms available for my dates and yet there is availability for VU

3) I am also considering the Sheraton vista a villages or even embassy suites, any comparisons?

Thanks!

I have been reading these posts for quite a long while now and the information was so helpful that I joined.

We are checking in on Nov 1st and will be at the Nov 2nd MNSSHP. It is my DD and DS's first time along with my mother-in-law's first time. My DW and my mother are going as well. We have two units, both two bedrooms, and my first request was for the units to be as close as possible. At very least the same tower.

Has anyone ever done this before? Was WBC accommodating?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Patti 424...I can answer the pool question...they are heated, and I have been in the area twice at the beginning of December. We could have used the pools, but didn't. It was in the mid to upper 70s during the day most days. According to allearsnet.com the average high in December is 73 and the average low is 53. I don't know if this is swimming weather for you, but hopefully this helps answer the pool part of the question.

I have been reading these posts for quite a long while now and the information was so helpful that I joined.

We are checking in on Nov 1st and will be at the Nov 2nd MNSSHP. It is my DD and DS's first time along with my mother-in-law's first time. My DW and my mother are going as well. We have two units, both two bedrooms, and my first request was for the units to be as close as possible. At very least the same tower.

Has anyone ever done this before? Was WBC accommodating?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Yes, we just did this a few weeks ago and they were TOTALLY accomodating. We were two adult couples with no kids, and so it wasn't even super important that we be right next to each other - we just asked to be "near" - as in the same building or something - we just didn't want to be spread far across the property from each other. They managed to find us adjacent rooms anyway, which was very nice.

I found the staff to be very helpful and willing to get us what we wanted in general. That said, I went in with a big smile and a polite request, not a "demand" and I expressed my gratitude for getting us just what we wanted. But I'm of the mindset that you get more bees with honey than with vinegar :teeth:

I'm sure most people are nice too but we saw enough "nasty customers" while on this vacation that DH and I had to shake our heads.

This is off topic but while picking up our rental car, there was a woman next to us at the counter getting her car and the agent she was working with was very polite and said "Ok, Mrs. so and so - here is your paperwork" and before he could finish his sentence, she cut him off angrily, "It's MS! I am a MS, not a MRS! I take it PERSONALLY that you call me a MRS! And continued to shout and make a scene because the poor agent made the mistake of calling her Mrs. :rolleyes: . That was just one of many "crazy" people we saw on our trip this year....

Can anyone please compare the rooms in these two buildings for me?
Anyone have experience in both?
Just wondering if the rooms in the main building have been renovated.
Which building is better?

Thank you in advance!

I know the Master has a king bed. what size beds to the other bedrooms have? Are they big enough to sleep 2 adults comfortably without feeling like your invading the other person's sleeping space.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter