• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

I'm HOME!

Whew. This weekend was EXHAUSTING. I had a great time with my cousin, mom and uncle. It was realllly busy, but I got them to try out new things that hadn't before!

I'm just poking in here really quick before I hunker down and cram before my test at 12:15.

Sherry, Oh my goodness! Smiley overload :) !! Thank you so much! Dad IS feeling much better, but drama drama dramaaaaa. I was expecting it though.

Michelle, thank you :) I did have a great birthday!

I am giving you special thoughts for your test today. I hope that your birthday was everything you hoped it would be.

Good luck on your final, Jazzie cake. I'm glad you had a great time and a great birthday. I can't wait to hear about it. :hug:

Thanks ladies!

I uploaded my pictures on my computer and wanted to show them to my cousin Kaycee so I figure, I'll show you guys one for now ! This will give a little appetizer before the real TR !

DISCLAIMER:
The picture looks very dreamlike because I had my camera in my backpack next to the cold bottle waters and my lens got cold and fogged up. I cleaned it once and let the CM take the picture and this is the result!

DSC_0112.jpg

Thanks ladies!

I uploaded my pictures on my computer and wanted to show them to my cousin Kaycee so I figure, I'll show you guys one for now ! This will give a little appetizer before the real TR !

DISCLAIMER:
The picture looks very dreamlike because I had my camera in my backpack next to the cold bottle waters and my lens got cold and fogged up. I cleaned it once and let the CM take the picture and this is the result!

DSC_0112.jpg

I like the dreamy quality!

Thanks ladies!

DISCLAIMER:

DSC_0112.jpg

Cute!!!! :banana:

It does look dreamlike! :cloud9:

The Official Birthday TR!

Okkkkkkay! So I'm done with finals (thank god). Still going through the roller coaster of life with family crap going on, so I figured, I'd decompress by writing my TR because it seems that the only thing keeping me happy and sane these days is looking at the pictures I took from this past weekend:goodvibes.

So, here we go!

Friday:

The night before going to DL, I spent at the hospital, going grocery shopping, and packing last minute. After, I took I shower before bed because I knew I wouldn't be awake in time to do it in the morning. So, I went to bed and got a phone call from my dad (who was still in the hospital) and it was already 4 AM!!! :scared1: GAHHH, we were supposed to be on the road at 4!! :eek: Hurry, wake UP! We're late. SO, we didn't end up on the road until about 4:45 A.M.

We took 101 to 152 and stopped by a starbucks to get some coffee (I had a Punch Rockstar; I don't drink coffee, in fact I don't drink caffeine, so that Rockstar was PERFECT because I was up and running for hours:cool:). My mom drove all the way to Grapevine, then I took over for the rest of the trek. My mom gets freaked out when anyone else drives, so I was surprised she even let me drive. She was freaking out the whole time though. We got stuck in L.A. traffic for an HOUR :eek:. I was NOT happy about it because my uncle already landed at 8:30 and was at the park already by the time we got into L.A. We didn't get to Desert Inn & Suites until 10:50! BLEH. We made it nonetheless.

When we checked in, my mom wanted to buy 3day park hoppers for her & my cousin Rj who went in place of my dad, but they didn't have any:guilty:. So we had to get them at the ticket booths and pay FULL price. BOO. Oh well.

For the first time EVER, we went straight to DCA. It was SOO weird not going straight to DL. So we headed to the Hollywood backlot and went straight for ToT. The line was only 35 minutes. SWEET.

DSC_00001.jpg

It was funny because the CM who let us in the service elevator was doing a great job, and my cousin and I were just staring and cracking up at him because he played the part wherever he was! It was fantastic.

HAHA. Look at Rj, what a jokester!
DSC_0003.jpg

Then after we went on Monster's Inc. It was walk on, NO wait at all! Yay :) My FAVE. Uncle Rich and Rj had NEVER been on it, so it was nice to have them enjoy first times on a bunch of stuff this weekend.

After, we left that area and went to go look around the wharf to see what kind of food we wanted to eat for lunch. The whole park had a bunch of wine stations because of the Food & Wine Festival, but I don't really like wine and I don't really like going to DLR to get drunk, so we skipped that. We ended up eating at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill. I personally didn't really like it:confused3, but it was enough food & filling. I've had WAAAAY better Mexican food, but thats what you get when you're engaged to a Mexican :laughing:.

DSC_0006.jpg

After eating, I figured, it probably isn't the best idea to be going on Screamin' right now, so we passed it and went to TSMM. I was surprised at how many walls were up around the lake. Its understandable though. When we got there the line was only 30 minutes! WHAT?!? no WAY. So of course we waited. WOO. This was Rj's first time on the ride and he LOVED it of course.

DSC_0007.jpg

By then, Our stomachs settled, so we went on Screamin'. YAY. While waiting in line, we were talking and I thought my mom said BUNGface. I was like, "whats that?" Apparently she said something COMPLETELY different but I looved the sound of BUNGface, so that became our catch phrase all weekend.We were looking around everywhere for people with BUNGface and we ended up trying to mimic BUNGface :laughing:!

On the way out of DCA, we went to watch Its Tough to be a Bug! My mom, uncle, and Rj had never seen it and I was so excited about them watching it!

mom & uncle rich!
DSC_0001.jpg

cousins!
DSC_0012.jpg

me & the unkkaoow :)
DSC_0010.jpg

BUNGface.
DSC_0013.jpg

After, we walked by Soarin' to see how long the wait was, and the line was sooo long. Noo way. Not doing it until later (mom & Rj had never been on it)

So we decked it to DL. We hopped on the train and went straight to NOS (my favorite place in the whole world). It was PACKED. Middle School, High School, Bands, and Choirs. ALL at the same time. It was teeny bopper HELL. & it stayed that way pretty much the WHOLE weekend. We went on HM and boy was that annoying. They were backed up and we were squished body to body in the walkway after you get out of the elevators. Middle School kids were shoving and cutting in lines. I was getting SOOO pissed. I kept blocking them off and giving them dirty looks because they were laughing about it because they were proud they were cutting in line. GRRR. Jerks. After that, we looked around and realized it was a good time to get out of the parks. So we went back on the train and walked to the hotel and rested.

cont..

The school kids fun...We went to Disneyland during a cheerleader competition one year and never again!!!:scared1:

My daughter Kacy says your hair is cool!

Well, you know, that one DIS-er (who was it? I can't recall) posted last week about breaking the AP in half in frustration and being sick of the busloads of teens at DLR who ruin everyone's good time. I haven't been there (knowingly) when there were busloads of teens. Everyone just kind of blends in with everyone else to me and I have noticed any age group more obnoxious than any other. Apparently, this phenomenon of nightmarish busloads of teens seems to be a Spring Break - May event, so I know now not to go during those times! But, Jasmine, from what you are explaining, it seems like there must be some validity to what the DIS-er was saying last week and that these teens are particularly obnoxious and bothersome.

So, Uncle Rich didn't bring a "lady friend" after all, eh?

The school kids fun...We went to Disneyland during a cheerleader competition one year and never again!!!:scared1:

My daughter Kacy says your hair is cool!

The school kids were VERY inconsiderate! It was only really bad on Friday though. On the other days it tamed down.

Aww, tell Kacy I said thanks!! I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow just to re-shape it and shorten it a little, so it will be a lot cooler (hopefully) for this weekend's trip !!

Well, you know, that one DIS-er (who was it? I can't recall) posted last week about breaking the AP in half in frustration and being sick of the busloads of teens at DLR who ruin everyone's good time. I haven't been there (knowingly) when there were busloads of teens. Everyone just kind of blends in with everyone else to me and I have noticed any age group more obnoxious than any other. Apparently, this phenomenon of nightmarish busloads of teens seems to be a Spring Break - May event, so I know now not to go during those times! But, Jasmine, from what you are explaining, it seems like there must be some validity to what the DIS-er was saying last week and that these teens are particularly obnoxious and bothersome.

So, Uncle Rich didn't bring a "lady friend" after all, eh?

You know, I have mixed feelings about that persons views towards the kids because there are some valid points that he makes, but there are also some ridiculous notions that he concludes to. First of all, whenever I plan a trip to DL I always research the weather and whether or not there are any events going on. Then I mentally prepare myself for the crowd level and type of crowds that will be there. If he was planning spending the thousands of dollars he does at DLR, he would better plan the trip and be prepared for the grad kids. Everyone knows this kind of stuff happens this time of year, so its NO new surprise. Second of all, a person getting pissed off at Disneyland and letting others attitudes and actions affect their vacation is entirely on the upset person. You can either feed on the negative, or you can focus on the good and not let all of the time and money spent go to a waste. Its that easy.

I only ended up having a bad time on friday and it was primarily only on the HM, the rest of the time it was fine to deal with. I completely understand that they are adolescent and that they make stupid actions sometimes. It just comes with their age. The rest of the weekend was with Choir and Band people and that was more funny than anything else. I hate to say it, but they were SOO dorky! I was cracking up at their dialogue to each other and a guy trying to hit on a cute girl (but I'll get to that later in my TR).

OH, and my uncle didn't bring a lady-friend :laughing:. He called me about a week before the trip and informed me that we didn't need a separate room, so I cancelled his room and we all were in one room.

I can see the choir and band people being dorky! I guess that is better than being with the obnoxious teens.

I agree with you, Jas. I would never destroy my AP. I was lucky to get it in the first place for the low price that I did, and I may not be able to renew it this year, so I value it too much! Having the unpredictable, on and off work schedule I have, where money ebbs and flows, I would never waste an AP (or money) like that. I do feel that sometimes (only occasionally) Disney isn't as on the ball or as concerned with things as they should be, BUT they also have to deal with thousands of people on a daily basis and can't be concerned with every single thing - like teenage boys gawking at someone's hot wife in line (as in the case of the DIS-er who snapped the AP in half)! Now if those same teenage boys were harassing, verbally assaulting or physically bothering people in some way or preventing them from getting on rides, etc., then that is reason to complain to a CM and hopefully the CM will say something or send Security over. But if they are just being loud and yelling and being annoying in line, I don't think that is Disney's fault. Given how many thousands of people are in DLR on a daily basis, they do a remarkable job of keeping things orderly and under control and MOST people are civilized and well-behaved. I am sure DLR doesn't prefer to have to deal with the occasional degenerates because they try to keep the mood light and fun and upbeat, and they only step in if absolutrely necessary. But people/kids are different, and some people are just more boisterous than others and some of them will gawk and stare and act like fools and be stupid and it is what it is. Now, I will still try to avoid going during these months when there are more nightmarish teens on the loose, but IF I run into any at any point, I am not going to break my AP or demand a refund from DLR or anything. That is not DLR's fault anymore than an earthquake at DLR is DLR's fault. I was surprised that a couple of people got refunds at DLR last year when a quake hit. I don't think most folks even thought to ask for a refund because it wasn't Disney's fault, but I think DLR issued a few refunds or replacement Park Hoppers to a select handful of folks, if I recall.

Yay for exams being over.

Good start to your report - your family always looks so happy! Some people have naturally happy looking faces I think. Not me, I often have strangers ask me dumb questions like 'why aren't you having any fun?' because I don't look happy. Grr... I am having fun, just not beaming ear to ear. :confused3 Maybe they're trying to pick me up or something... doesn't work.

Your Mexican food looks good to me! popcorn::

Good start to your report - your family always looks so happy! Some people have naturally happy looking faces I think. Not me, I often have strangers ask me dumb questions like 'why aren't you having any fun?' because I don't look happy. Grr... I am having fun, just not beaming ear to ear. :confused3 Maybe they're trying to pick me up or something... doesn't work.

Blabbermouth, you are not the only one who looks unhappy even when you are having fun!:lmao: I have had friends (see Linda in my Trip Report; she is in photos of various DLR trips over the years) who just have those sorts of features where it always looks like they are angry or miserable, even if they are having fun. I think some people can't help it! It is the way their faces were made and their features are put together. Even I, at times - and I smile and laugh a LOT - have been accused of looking angry if I am simply just not smiling, but sitting expressionless.

Oh, Jasmine, by the way, I forgot to say that I was chuckling at the BUNGface thing.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I would have been laughing hysterically right along with you! I can see you guys are as goofy as I am, because that is the sort of thing that would happen in my group. One of us would misunderstand or hear something incorrectly, or maybe jumble words when trying to speak, and it would become the running joke through the whole trip that would send us into fits of laughter. That happens all the time. There seems to be a running joke (sometimes it involves physical gestures and movement too) on every trip, like the time someone meant to say "turkey and chicken," but instead said "turken and chickey." We worked that "turken and chickey" into every single conversation we had from that point forward, and made up accompanying arm moverments and dances and everything. I am kooky like that!

:rotfl:

And I'm the dorky person who is ALWAYS smiling and looking like a big cheese ball even if I'm not so happy!!! :teeth:

Jasmine, your TR is awesome. Is your Uncle and your Mom brother and sister?

:rotfl2: at Bungface. That sounds like something an Asian lady would say for some reason. :confused3 :rotfl:

HELLO!

Sorry for the delay on the TR! It seems that I am only 9 hours away from the beginning of my next DLR trip, so I will finish my birthday TR when I get back!

Thank you blabbermouth :) Everyone says I always look way too optimistic haha. My whole family is that way.

Sherry, I hope BUNGface sticks with you because I know I've been saying it everywhere !

Courtney, you are always looking sooo happy :) Well my mom is half japanese so it does make sense that she would say something asian :laughing: ! Oh & yes, they are brother and sister. My uncle is older.

HELLO!

Sorry for the delay on the TR! It seems that I am only 9 hours away from the beginning of my next DLR trip, so I will finish my birthday TR when I get back!

Thank you blabbermouth :) Everyone says I always look way too optimistic haha. My whole family is that way.

Sherry, I hope BUNGface sticks with you because I know I've been saying it everywhere !

Courtney, you are always looking sooo happy :) Well my mom is half japanese so it does make sense that she would say something asian :laughing: ! Oh & yes, they are brother and sister. My uncle is older.

Umm excuse me Miss but where are those pictures of your new haircut?

Umm excuse me Miss but where are those pictures of your new haircut?

GAH! I can't show you because there is so much product in my hair that it is weighed down. Oh & also, my makeup is sooo bad right now! HAHA :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter