The WAYSOW Club! (Why Are You So Obsessed with WDW?)

Disney World holds so many first for me, and what could be more awesome! It's where my parents took my sister and I on our first real family vacation. It's where my friends and I went on our Senior Trip (my first trip without parents). It was where my husband and I went on our honeymoon. And now it will be my 5 year old triplets first big vacation! :dance3:

Its the epitome of Magic, Dreams and Happiness! I love anything and everything Disney! From movies, purses, clothes, jewlery and of course the happiest place on earth!!

Because when I was a kid, my family would take two weeks and travel to different places in the country. We went all up and down the East Coast, into Canada, and even once all the way to Nebraska. We camped and saw so much. Then in 1977, our trip was to Disney World. By that time, I was 15 years old, my sister 17 and as a family, we had visited so many things and stayed at so many campgrounds. Disney World and Fort Wilderness blew all of us away. My father isn't a man of many words or emotions but I can still clearly remember him standing on our site at Fort Wilderness and saying "this is the nicest campground I've even been in."

On our very first day, my parents insisted we would go over to Magic Kingdom (the only thing open) for the day but would come back to the trailer for dinner because it was cheaper than eating in the park. That never happen. We got to the Magic Kingdom around 1:00 PM and came back at 2:00 AM! We were having so much fun and my dad even bought extra tickets! (This was when you had to buy the tickets). Every single thing we had done as a routine went flying out the window during the week we were at Disney World.

That was in June of 1977. That Labor Day, we did our normal Hersheypark "end of summer" thing and my dad said "Disney World is so much better. This is like eating a hamburger instead of a steak."

I think i'm obsessed because it's my "happy place." By that i mean, it's the only place i've ever went to that nothing bad has ever happened. I had a pretty rough childhood, and luckily would always be able to escape to disney with my aunt and uncle, my best friend and her parents. :)

I'm not quite obsessed......just obsessed!

we have been fortunate enough to do a fair bit of travelling. Our trips to Disney are our favorite yet. My friends keep asking us why we love it so much....and all we can say is....there's just magic in the air! It's not just the rides, the shows, it's a cummulative something I cannot define.

We took a cruise this year and thought we would fall in love, but we really didn't. It was fun, but we have no craving to do it again.

We went for our first family trip in 2010, promptly booked for 2011, have another long trip planned for this summer, and next spring we're off to Disneyland! I'm trying to plan another trip next year so I can justify an AP lol!

That said, I have a feeling in another year or two we will likely want to do other stuff and we'll move on. We tend to get obsessive in phases. But we'll be back again!!

For me, it is a place where I am able to relax and completely immerse myself in the magic. During normal day to day life I am constantly thinking about what i have to do and just stressed very often.

WDW is the only place I completely let it all go and just don't think about any of it; work, taking care of the house, paying the bills,the dogs, my family, my health, my exercise routine, etc ...I think that is why my DH likes WDW so much... I don't bother him with a honey do list :rolleyes1

Not trying to sound like everyone else but, Disney truly is my happy place. Not just Disney World, but the movies, characters, music, resorts, etc.
Now that I'm a mom I can't wait to introduce Disney to my son and hope that he loves it just as much as we do. :cloud9:

I grew up waiting for "Disney World" to be completed. I grew up on the Mickey Mouse Club (original version with Annette) I grew up with the Wonderful World of Disney Show on it's original channel, ABC.. & when moving to NBC the peacock :thumbsup2 I grew up Mickey Mouse...
So for me, it brings back my early childhood.. something that nothing else can bring back...

I'm a late-comer to the WDW Addicts club.

My 1st ever trip was back in 2007 when I was 42 years old. For years my wife's friends kept telling us, "ohhh you gotta go !!" I'd say, "yeah, yeah, whatever - get a life".

We just back from our 6th trip in the past 5 years. Mind you, I'm exhausted when I get home and keep saying, "This is it for sure, no Disney next time". That lasts about 2-3 weeks and then I'm thinking we should go back again real soon.

The appeal to me is that, as a Dad, and a type-A personality, a Disney trip takes all the stress out of a vacation. We always have good weather, we have lots of choices of food, we have as much or as little as we want to do, I don't have to stress about driving, etc.

We just got back 8 weeks ago from celebrating my daughters pre-graduation from HS. In 2 weeks is my 20th wedding anniversary. I'd love to surprise my wife with a quick 4-5 day trip, but the airfare costs and no special offers at present have me snapping back into reality.

I guess I'll have to be content with trying to give out advise to the WDW newbies and live vicariuously though their enthusiasm for the time being.

Wiping away a few tears here, some happy, some sad, after reading all of these stories.

I'll echo everyone here who says "because it's Magical." I'd always wanted to go as a kid, but we never had money, and never ever took a family vacation. Then last year at age 40 I brought my husband and sons (then 6 and 9) to Disney. Instantly I felt like a little part of of me that had been missing all of those years suddenly reappeared. My older son is a little bit prickly -- and at Disney he was a 9 year old again rather than a curmudgeonly grump. The joy of seeing that smile was worth every penny we spent on the trip, and a smile I remember when I scrimp and save so we can go back again next year.

Because it brings me Great Joy. Those are the only words for it. I love being there. :cloud9:I love collecting Disney art. My house looks like a toy store.
Nancy :love:

I like that line. It brings me great joy. It's a bubble--a magic bubble. I let the real world, with all its concerns, fall away when I'm at Disney. I've been a lot of places all over the world and my DH has been literally everywhere in 33 years as an air force pilot. No location on earth is like Disney for us. Somehow, Walt--even though he never set foot there-- infused it with magic.

When I step on property I can feel the MAGIC. I love all the memories I have made with my family there.

Disney is the only vacation that I have ever taken and not thought about work, bills, pets at home, etc........ while I am gone.::yes::

This is how I feel too.

Because I can go to another world , that is full of love , joy and happiness without leaving the planet. Once thru those turnstiles you forget "all the rest". We all have that inner need to enjoy childhood , no matter how old we are.

Why? A care-free feeling of being filled with child like wonder. princess:Walking under the arches of the Main Street Railroad Station, I am instantly transformed, "disneyfied", perhaps. Purely Magical!:cloud9:

I didn't have a great childhood - had to grow up much faster than many children do.

Disney lets me live out my childhood, if only for a few days without judgement or embarrassment. I also get to enjoy the fun and laughter with my daughter and provide those wonderful childhood memories that she will carry for a lifetime.

We can all be "kids" no matter what our ages. Because we started going with our children not long after MK opened, we have "grown" with the parks and feel so "at home" there. It's a very clean place, and we feel like every "safety" is put on rides, transportation, staying at the resorts, getting to and from areas within the parks. After going there, we NEVER go to small carnivals, state fairs (we live in the same area as our state fair), etc. mainly because we don't "feel" safe. Also, have you ever really looked at what they hire temporarily to run those rides??? No, thank you, Disney, it is :love:

I grew up watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights with my entire family. My family didn't have a lot of money growing up, so we never went to WDW, but Mr. Disney was always talked about. When I got married, DH and I first went to WDW with friends of ours who happened to have a time share in Kissimmee. We were hooked!! It's the only place where you can go and feel free to act like a child - relieve memories from your past and make new ones. We've taken our boys several times and each trip is new adventure with wonderful memories made! It truly is the most MAGICAL place on earth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter