The WAYSOW Club! (Why Are You So Obsessed with WDW?)

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MouseEarsForAll, May 4, 2012.

1. B.B. Sots

B.B. Sots Nope! Wrong Again!

Hero worship.... Walt Disney :worship:

Started with a thesis I had to do in school. I became obsessed with Walt's life and have never looked back. (thankfully my wife encourages this habit)

Just so happens that I also enjoy the simple (albeit expensive) pleasure that going to WDW brings. For the length of our vacation... my entire family can switch off our pressures and let Uncle Walt live through us.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

Its an Escape from Reality !!! :love::love::love:

4. Batch

Batch Mouseketeer

WDW is part of my family history. My mother's family moved to Orlando in the 60s and when WDW opened, my great-grandmother worked as a pastry chef at the Contemporary. They had a preview day for the families of cast members and so my mother and her family got to experience the Magic Kingdom before it's grand opening. If anyone asks about it, she tells them about how HM scared her so badly that she actually chewed holes in her shirt while on the ride! She really believed a ghost was going to follow her home. Fast forward a decade later and my mom performed at Disney in high school. She was even going to take part in the big opening for BTMRR but had to pull out when her grandfather died.

When she and her sister started having kids, they bought season passes and we went all the time. My mom has my first trip marked in my baby book. I was only ten months old. My mom even won a car from Disney when I was 2 years old (for the 15th anniversary celebration, I think). Now, I'm an annual passholder and because my family is local, I get to make frequent trips to my favorite place.

So, why do I love it? Because it's about family and memories for me. I don't just feel like a kid at Disney because of the princesses and Mickey and all of that. I feel like a kid because every time I turn a corner, I'm reminded of some sort of childhood memory. It was a second home for us while we were growing up. Now, it's a bond we all share. I'm leaving for my first trip to Disneyland in 8 days (!!) and while I know I'll love it, nothing will ever top WDW because it will always feel like home.