The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. 9:00 for me, though. There were a few times tonight I went :eek: "what am I supposed to be watching?!" :rolleyes1 Can't wait for the marathon.

Jeez, I'm a TWD junkie!!

I ended up watching a Hallmark Christmas movie on ABC, talk about polar opposites!!!!

Luckily my next few Sundays are completely booked, so my "DT's" won't be quite as noticeable. Thanks to all of you for the New Years Eve marathon info!!!! I DVR'd the Season 3 marathon, and I've now watched the first 5 episodes. That Glenn kidnapping did not turn out the way I thought it would!!

I'm really really hoping that they bring Morgan back. Maybe season 4? I think it would be too much with the introduction of Tyrese. I haven't read the comic, but evidently he turns out to be a pretty main character?

Also, going back and watching the first episodes: Has the cast won emmy's? I mean, when Rick saw Carl for the first time........... He really is an amazing actor.

After I posted I found this. I think it was posted today?

Awards
The Walking Dead Receives Satellite Nomination and Special Achievement Award

Today the International Press Academy announced its nominess for the 2012 Satellite Awards, and The Walking Dead was honored with a nomination for Best Televison Series, Genre and won the prestigious Special Achievement Award for Best Ensemble, Television.

Also, going back and watching the first episodes: Has the cast won emmy's? I mean, when Rick saw Carl for the first time........... He really is an amazing actor.

Nope, I looked it up the other night, after watching the extras on the Blu Ray, and hearing Andrew Lincolns british accent! Its amazing to me, he can act like that, and concentrate on the accent. No acting awards for anything major. There might have been a couple of small awards, but no major awards. I think that might finally change this year, it's been kicked up a notch this season in my opinion!!!

The game is amazing, from Tell Tale Games, but its really a PC platform game and I think the small screen will make it frustrating.

Maybe on an ipad but its too good and detailed for iphone IMO.

I am satiating my WD loss by watching American Horror Story on Netflix , that is one SERIOUSLY screwed up show!!!!

Just now jumping into this thread as dh and I have just caught up! We don't have cable so watched it on Netflix and amazon.

I love this show, but if Darryl dies I won't be able to handle it! The glass in the eye for the governor was awful to watch, as gory as this show is that scene was awful/amazing. Probably did not help that I was eating while watching :)

I have also started watching American Horror Story & I don't want to continue watching it, but I can't stop. So creepy!

Well, I though I would get to watch TWD, all three seasons on the New Year's Eve marathon. Apparently, AMC changed it's mind. Now it will only be season 3:furious:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/12/3...series-marathon-changed-to-just-season-three/

Interesting. I have the first two seasons already, and was only going to record season 3 anyway, for my dd. That's odd that they would make such a change.
I am very intrigued that they are going to air season 1 and 2 in black and white. I loved watching the pilot in black and white.

Interesting. I have the first two seasons already, and was only going to record season 3 anyway, for my dd. That's odd that they would make such a change.
I am very intrigued that they are going to air season 1 and 2 in black and white. I loved watching the pilot in black and white.

I need to get the series on dvd.

I was very interested in watching season 1 with DH. He didn't start watching it until season 2. I really wanted him to see how this all started.

AMC is starting at 8 tonight with the marathon for my area.

i did watch the last marathon when it was in black and white.

interesting.

i got the Rick Grimes 3.75" vinyl figure for Christmas..

Well, I though I would get to watch TWD, all three seasons on the New Year's Eve marathon. Apparently, AMC changed it's mind. Now it will only be season 3:furious:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/12/3...series-marathon-changed-to-just-season-three/

so I'm not the only one who heard that when it was first announced! Originally they were airing all 3 seasons New Years weekend. Now its only half of season 3 and it wont start until 9pm NYE! :furious: I would be really annoyed if I didn't already have all the episodes in my iTunes library.

Looks like TheWalkingDead marathon was shortened. Because of the Sandy Hook shootings. I get it now. Understood.

Looks like TheWalkingDead marathon was shortened. Because of the Sandy Hook shootings. I get it now. Understood.

Okay, I can be dense at times:upsidedow, explain it to me. Because for whatever reason, I am not connecting the two. I did catch Daryl at the beginning mention the Sandy Hook tragedy and warn of violence on TWD.

Yes, there is violence in TWD, but it was there way before the Sandy Hook tragedy. And I can't imagine it will alter the upcoming episodes. Hasn't stopped all the other "violent" shows from airing. Watched several episodes of NCIS today, numerous shootings.

Still wish I were watching S1E1:headache:

Okay, I can be dense at times:upsidedow, explain it to me. Because for whatever reason, I am not connecting the two. I did catch Daryl at the beginning mention the Sandy Hook tragedy and warn of violence on TWD.

Yes, there is violence in TWD, but it was there way before the Sandy Hook tragedy. And I can't imagine it will alter the upcoming episodes. Hasn't stopped all the other "violent" shows from airing. Watched several episodes of NCIS today, numerous shootings.

Still wish I were watching S1E1:headache:

I just guessed that why it was cancelled. The 1st 5 min of the season 3 premiere we saw Carl shoot a walker in the head. It made sense to me watching Norman at the beginning why the schedule was changed at the last minute.

TWD has made history for AMC they wouldn't have changed if they didn't have a good reason.

I just saw the notice about the violence "in light of the Sandy Hook tragedy." I guess I'm surprised about this - I just couldn't possibly associate anything wtih this show with that horrible ... thing. I don't even know what to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter