The walking dead amc #2

****Possible Comic Spoilers******

I think they are setting us up to see a rogue group possibly called The Wolves or with something like that in the name. I know Negan is a possible bad guy we will see based on the comics(but don't know much about his role in them), so is it possible this is the group he is part of or one of the other bad groups in the comics(the Whisperers) or the Scavengers which was another bad group in the Comics.

****COMIC INFO****

I was just reading an article that was speculating the Wolves will be a new group for the TV series, and will be a mash up of The Scavengers and The Saviors (which is Negan's group). So rather than introducing both groups, maybe for the sake of time, they have created the Wolves to cover both of them. Interesting either way. Negan would be the worst antagonist we've seen yet. He carries around a barbed wire baseball bat named Lucille. In the comics, he kills Glenn with Lucille and some people have been thinking this scene is being set up for the finale, since Glenn was looking at the bat while in Noah's neighborhood, and also used the bat at Terminus as a weapon. HOWEVER, in the comics, Glenn was Rick's right hand man whereas in the TV Show, it's Daryl who is not a comic book character. So some people are speculating it will be Darryl that Negan kills with Lucille. Either way, it will be interesting to see when Negan comes, what damage will ensue. Hopefully a turning point for the show.

****COMIC INFO****

I was just reading an article that was speculating the Wolves will be a new group for the TV series, and will be a mash up of The Scavengers and The Saviors (which is Negan's group). So rather than introducing both groups, maybe for the sake of time, they have created the Wolves to cover both of them. Interesting either way. Negan would be the worst antagonist we've seen yet. He carries around a barbed wire baseball bat named Lucille. In the comics, he kills Glenn with Lucille and some people have been thinking this scene is being set up for the finale, since Glenn was looking at the bat while in Noah's neighborhood, and also used the bat at Terminus as a weapon. HOWEVER, in the comics, Glenn was Rick's right hand man whereas in the TV Show, it's Daryl who is not a comic book character. So some people are speculating it will be Darryl that Negan kills with Lucille. Either way, it will be interesting to see when Negan comes, what damage will ensue. Hopefully a turning point for the show.
****MORE POSSIBLE SPOILER INFO****
OMG that would make for some great TV, but I would really miss Darryl. I have mixed feeling about him going b/c it would be great tv, but I love his character and would miss him. I think I'd prefer Glenn being killed, but then where would Maggie be? I feel like they'd both have to go.

I can't see Michonne and Rick as a couple. It seems like they are more friends than lovers. I also see them as more brother/sister type than romantic interests. They respect each other and totally have each others backs, but I can't see it going further than that. Now, the blond who cut his hair, I can see them together. As someone else said, I think she may be a more permanent character. Something will go down with her DH I think. I feel there is a group within Alexandria that does not want insiders coming in, and I think the blonds hubby is one of them, hence his being kind of rude to Rick.

I wonder what will happen with Daryl. He does not seem to want to "fit in" like the rest of them. He is kind of a rebel and I can't see him taking on a job and being a contributing member of the community. I wonder if some will want him kicked out, then Ricks group will have to stick up for him.

He hunts,thats what he can do.

He hunts,thats what he can do.

He can hunt, but I don't think he wants to hunt, for the community anyway. He is a non-conformer and if he takes a job as hunter, I think he will see that as weakness. He does not want to be there. He is rebelling, not showering, scoffing at everyone, telling Carol she looks stupid etc. I just can't see him joining the community.

I know they aren't afraid to kill anyone off, but I can't imagine them daring to kill Darryl off. I read an interview that said that the popularity of his character among women (dare we say hysteria?!?) came as a total surprise to them, and I can't imagine what it would do to the ratings if he were no longer there. Yes, Rick is a looker (thank you showers and shaves), but Darryl is many women's ultimate fantasy. Don't mess with our Darryl!

Terri

I know they aren't afraid to kill anyone off, but I can't imagine them daring to kill Darryl off. I read an interview that said that the popularity of his character among women (dare we say hysteria?!?) came as a total surprise to them, and I can't imagine what it would do to the ratings if he were no longer there. Yes, Rick is a looker (thank you showers and shaves), but Darryl is many women's ultimate fantasy. Don't mess with our Darryl!

Terri

Plus, Darryl has been such a success on the TV show that they are actually writing him into the comics as well. That said, if the writers are trying to go for shock value, Darryl would be it.

Terri

I agree...unless they are ready to end the series soon, I can't imagine them killing off Daryl. But who knows...anything is possible with this show. ::yes:: I'm just wondering who is going next week that will end up as the "surprise guest" on TD :(

The only way they're allowed to kill Darryl off is if they give him his own show. He's always been an outsider with this group, so I picture him in a Kung Fu/loner always wandering/Jack Reacher kind of role...

Terri

While it pains me to think that our beloved Daryl could die, the writers have always said that no one is safe on this show.

Damn writers! Lol!

Actually, I just saw an interview with Robert Kirkman, he said the same thing. This was what was said. Asked about the process of killing off a character on the series, Kirkman admitted that it’s difficult but also noted that “no one is safe. I’m looking at you, Norman Reedus.”

Darryl is like The Goose that Laid the Golden Egg for this show. I've said before, if they ever decide to kill him off they better plan on the series ending soon because about half or more of their viewers would probably stop watching. So yeah, "no one is safe", except Darryl. ;)

Actually, I just saw an interview with Robert Kirkman, he said the same thing. This was what was said. Asked about the process of killing off a character on the series, Kirkman admitted that it’s difficult but also noted that “no one is safe. I’m looking at you, Norman Reedus.”

I saw that interview with Kirkman too!

Although, my tears would dry in a nano-second if we got a "Daryl Dixon, Jax Teller sprinkled with a recurring Jesse Pinkman guest role" spin-off show!!!! :love:

PS: Don't ask me how Pinkman fits in to all of that, he just does!

I am concerned about Daryl. He was an outsider, an outcast with a chip on his shoulder, and very defensive even PRIOR to the apocalypse, I'll bet. So slowly, we got to see him become connected with the group, then Rick showed trust and confidence in Daryl. Daryl became kind of a lieutenant. He felt worthy of their trust (and love?). Now he is in a neighborhood with folks that would never have welcomed him prior to the apocalypse. We can see he is uncomfortable. How will this effect his relationships? Now Rick is the enforcer of rules, the Authority, and will that undermine his connection to Daryl?
I'm not worried about Daryl in that way. Carol is flying under the radar, Rick is going under cover and Daryl is keeping everyone busy watching him. I admit I was a little worried at first, but once I got that Rick was not buying into this "paradise", my worries went away. They will work together to keep the group safe, just from different angles, IMO.

See, I don't get all the Daryl love. I really find it hard to pick a sex symbol in this show and I liked Rick better WITH the beard.

Sorry if I somehow missed this, but where was Father Gabriel this week? I didn't notice him with the group at all. I don't like his character, so maybe I overlooked him, but it hit me when I was reading this thread that I don't remember seeing him in the house with everyone.

Sorry if I somehow missed this, but where was Father Gabriel this week? I didn't notice him with the group at all. I don't like his character, so maybe I overlooked him, but it hit me when I was reading this thread that I don't remember seeing him in the house with everyone.

Shady Father Gabriel was there in the beginning when the Grimes Gang went through the gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter