The walking dead amc #2

At the end of the episode, I didn't think it was a dream either. But in the back of my mind, I was wondering how so much damage (trees down, etc) happen outside while the barn was still standing.
Storms are like that. Even here in Ma. we've had microbursts that have destroyed one thing and right next door, nothing. When Maggie opened her eyes, I thought it was a dream (Dallas anyone?) but then I decided it wasn't.

i thought it was decided we could discuss the comics?
IMO, yes, but I'm not the boss of this thread :) . The show doesn't follow the comics exactly, even if a character from the comics or a certain storyline is introduced, that STILL doesn't mean it follows the comics. To me, it's just speculation. And really, that's all we're doing anyway :)

I thought it was a slow episode, but it was nice to be able to catch my breath with it. I'm sure it will pick up with this new guy being introduced. I think Maggie turned a corner when Gabriel burned his collar. Knocked her out of her funk and hopefully back on track. I told my DH that they must have a good supply of ritalin or something because Judith is the mellowest baby I have ever seen! Loved that Abraham knocked the water away from Eugene, he's gotten over his anger, good man.

Storms are like that. Even here in Ma. we've had microbursts that have destroyed one thing and right next door, nothing. When Maggie opened her eyes, I thought it was a dream (Dallas anyone?) but then I decided it wasn't.
Yup, also from Ma... and I know what you mean... 20 feet one way or another czn make a big difference.

I thought it was a slow episode, but it was nice to be able to catch my breath with it. I'm sure it will pick up with this new guy being introduced. I think Maggie turned a corner when Gabriel burned his collar. Knocked her out of her funk and hopefully back on track. I told my DH that they must have a good supply of ritalin or something because Judith is the mellowest baby I have ever seen! Loved that Abraham knocked the water away from Eugene, he's gotten over his anger, good man.

Bout time Gabriel gave up the pretense and started getting useful.

Yeah, I thought they were building up to a tornado when they showed the sky darkening so much (right after it started raining). So when they were all holding the door, I took the camera shaking motion to mean it was a tornado.

Being from So. Cal, I don't have a lot of real-life tornado experience. So I'm not sure what to believe on tv ;)

Bout time Gabriel gave up the pretense and started getting useful.
Hmm...not sure I saw it that way. I do feel he was giving up a bit when he did that, giving in and eating the dog when he so far has refused to do anything out of the ordinary to survive. BUT, I think he also regretted it and that is why he said he was sorry to God when it started raining. Like he felt God was providing rain and he shouldn't have had that crisis of faith or given up.

I think Maggie was wrong (but she's grieving, I might be that way too) when she told him off while walking. Just because he's a man of God, that does not make him perfect and who knows what anyone would do in that situation. I still don't fully grasp what happened. The church was locked and he was in there asleep? He said it was early and it's always locked that time of day. I need a flashback!!! LOL!

Hmm...not sure I saw it that way. I do feel he was giving up a bit when he did that, giving in and eating the dog when he so far has refused to do anything out of the ordinary to survive. BUT, I think he also regretted it and that is why he said he was sorry to God when it started raining. Like he felt God was providing rain and he shouldn't have had that crisis of faith or given up.

I think Maggie was wrong (but she's grieving, I might be that way too) when she told him off while walking. Just because he's a man of God, that does not make him perfect and who knows what anyone would do in that situation. I still don't fully grasp what happened. The church was locked and he was in there asleep? He said it was early and it's always locked that time of day. I need a flashback!!! LOL!

My understanding is that he (Gabriel) hid inside the locked church while his parishoners were outside begging to get in, he ignored them, leaving them to the walkers. One of them wrote outside the curch he would burn in hell for it. I say give up the pretense, because actions speak louder than words... it is hard to respect someone who condemns an entire group of people to die when he had the power to save them...

Plus he has been so darn pathetic about killing walkers LOL

I don't think it was a dream. They talked about it on TD and never mentioned the possibility of it being a dream. I did think it was a little confusing.

I thought it was fine to discuss the comics. The show does not follow the comics so they are not spoilers. Otherwise, we just discuss the episode.

Plus he has been so darn pathetic about killing walkers LOL
I know, I just don't get how he survived this long (2 years?) even with the darned can drive!

1) What was the water source in the church? Was it gravity flow? Not much water given in a can drive! If he had to go out for water, a walker never ventured by??

2) Once the can drive food ran out, he scavanged the local places, minus the school. He NEVER encountered a walker in all that time???

Just does not seem plausible.

I know, I just don't get how he survived this long (2 years?) even with the darned can drive!

1) What was the water source in the church? Was it gravity flow? Not much water given in a can drive! If he had to go out for water, a walker never ventured by??

2) Once the can drive food ran out, he scavanged the local places, minus the school. He NEVER encountered a walker in all that time???

Just does not seem plausible.
I know huh... but maybe he is a fast runner... he did step on the nail last time we saw him out.

Is it my imagination, or do the walkers in general seem slower than they were in the beginning? Every now and then you get a speedy one like kid who bit Tyrese. Maybe it has to do with age and decay... just seems like they are slower overall.

Is it my imagination, or do the walkers in general seem slower than they were in the beginning? Every now and then you get a speedy one like kid who bit Tyrese. Maybe it has to do with age and decay... just seems like they are slower overall.
Could be decay. Could be the heat. I mean, any living (and sorta-living??) thing is affected by the heat. Plants get stunted, animals slow down...stands to reason that they may slow down a little.

Another theory may be that they go dormant when there is no prey. Like the trunk girl. She was stone quiet til Maggie opened the trunk, then she was banging around after Maggie re-shut the trunk. And the huge herd that stopped Abraham, Glenn etc...with the fire truck. They were just THERE, milling about because there was nothing to go after. Maybe they just go dormant and it takes them a while to get going again. Even in the first episode, way back in Atlanta, the walkers on the bus were "dormant" until after Rick went by, then they got up and followed him. Maybe the ones following our fearless group on the road hadn't seen fresh meat in so long that it took them a while to get going. Just a thought :)

I would imagine that as timegoes on te dead are slowly decaying and slowly "dying" more and more. I wonder how long it would take them to all to wither away to nothing if they don't feed. Like in 28 Days Later, they did ann experiment to see how long an infected would live without feeding.

DH and I both laughed when Rick called them the walking dead tonight though!

I thought it was a slow episode. Not one of the best. I would like to know Aaron's role in the comics too. I like to read about the similarities/differences. I guess I'll have to google it :)

It's my understanding that we can post about the comics too. I don't think any of us are privy to inside knowledge about the show to know any real spoilers ahead. All of this is speculation. So with that, I'll post the warning:

***IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT AARON IN THE COMICS, DON'T READ BELOW***

It remains to be seen if the show will follow this, but Aaron in the comics is a recruiter for an area called the Alexandria Safe Zone. He's a good guy, and in the comics, he would watch groups and if he deemed they were good people, he would approach them and lead them to ASZ. This is presumably how he knew Rick's name (from watching them) and it's presumed he also left the waters in the road for them. If the show follows the comics, this will be the next pivotal turning point in the show like the prison was. There should also be another antagonist ahead once they get to ASZ. Another fun fact: Aaron is the first gay character in the comics which they'll hopefully portray on the show as well. I will be curious to see how they tie Morgan into all of this.

I thought the episode was a bit slow too, and not really sure what it contributed to the show in general, except for the last scene. In the past with slow episodes like this it came into play later though so I guess we'll see.

On a side note, since this thread has morphed into a lot of discussion of the comics, which it hadn't before, I'm going to start a new thread for those who don't want to bring speculation into it. I know they are not following the comics to a T, but they do use use characters and what not here and there and I'd rather not know any of that. Why the dramatic shift in this thread lately, I'm not sure but I know I do not prefer the change.

I enjoy talking about the episodes and speculating on where things may lead, but not because I know the comic side of it. I like thinking where things may lead on my own. So, if anyone cares to join me, I'll be starting it at some point.

Why the dramatic shift in this thread lately, I'm not sure but I know I do not prefer the change.

I would suspect any thread on the Walking Dead on any forum would be open to speculation from people who read the comics. For those of us who read the comics, we can't seperate the two. You may want to post a warning of no speculation in your original post to avoid that.

I remember the finale when Michonne showed up at the very end of the episode and saved Andrea. I came to this thread and everyone was like, "And we now have Michonne" "Welcome Michonne!!!" "Yesssssss I was waiting for Michonne!!" etc. I was like, "who the heck is Michonne??" Well, everyone knew her and from the comics. It was fun getting insight and I like to compare with the comics, but I get how some don't.

Anyway, I also thought the episode was slow. I think the writers wanted to take a step back and show the group dealing with and grieving the loss.

I thought the episode was a bit slow too, and not really sure what it contributed to the show in general, except for the last scene. In the past with slow episodes like this it came into play later though so I guess we'll see.

On a side note, since this thread has morphed into a lot of discussion of the comics, which it hadn't before, I'm going to start a new thread for those who don't want to bring speculation into it. I know they are not following the comics to a T, but they do use use characters and what not here and there and I'd rather not know any of that. Why the dramatic shift in this thread lately, I'm not sure but I know I do not prefer the change.

I enjoy talking about the episodes and speculating on where things may lead, but not because I know the comic side of it. I like thinking where things may lead on my own. So, if anyone cares to join me, I'll be starting it at some point.

I will follow you to that thread! Thanks Phors! :)

I don't see a change, I think it's the same as it ever was :flower3: I recall there being posts where people posted ACTUAL spoilers but wrote them in white so if you wanted to see it, you had to highlight it, and lot's of speculation about the Gov killing Glenn a la the comics when he had Glenn & Maggie. Same old thing, but if you want a new thread, be happy :flower3:

I don't see a change, I think it's the same as it ever was :flower3: I recall there being posts where people posted ACTUAL spoilers but wrote them in white so if you wanted to see it, you had to highlight it, and lot's of speculation about the Gov killing Glenn a la the comics when he had Glenn & Maggie. Same old thing, but if you want a new thread, be happy :flower3:

I enjoy being here and we all go back a few seasons. Maybe that's what it is about things not being hidden like before. Just seems more in your open I guess. :confused3

Maybe people could do that again, write what "could" be considered a spoiler in white so people can choose to see it or not. I don't know, hard to keep everyone happy. Hope you don't leave though!

I think the hard part is discerning what could be a spoiler. Me talking about the comics isn't a spoiler because we've seen how far the show can depart from the comics. It's no different than a TV show or movie based on a novel. I personally don't know what's going to happen next in the show anymore than any of you do, but If I ever do come into that knowledge and decide to share it on here, I'll put it in white :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter