The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Native NYer said:
Staying here in a 1 bedroom for the first time in August. So excited!!!

That's awesome, we have a studio for a week in Oct, I can't wait, DD and my 1st DL trip

Although Disney will take specific room requests, they are still just requests and there are no guarantees. Making multiple room requests increases your chances.

And yes, all views are nice, unless you don't like looking at trees. The lower floors facing east, towards Grizzly Peak, don't really have a view. However, we found it very relaxing and loved listening to the sounds of birds singing long into the night. :rolleyes1 It felt like we were in the middle of the forest.

Ok, major daydreaming here, but...

Is it possible to get VGC for any time in December at the 7 month window? And

If so, is the slightly cheaper season (Dec 1-19) any easier than the expensive season (Dec 20-31)?

Thanks!

Although Disney will take specific room requests, they are still just requests and there are no guarantees. Making multiple room requests increases your chances.

And yes, all views are nice, unless you don't like looking at trees. The lower floors facing east, towards Grizzly Peak, don't really have a view. However, we found it very relaxing and loved listening to the sounds of birds singing long into the night. :rolleyes1 It felt like we were in the middle of the forest.

We had that view on our very first trip, and loved it too! It was so nice having our morning coffee, and breakfast out on the balcony , and hearing that.

We stayed in a 1BR Dec 8-11 (Sat through Tues) this year booked at 7 months. I had originally booked a 2BR and waitlisted the 1BR, which came through a few weeks later.

Wish me luck I put us on the waistlist to purchase 50 more VGC points. I hope they come through by the end of the summer.

Wish me luck I put us on the waistlist to purchase 50 more VGC points. I hope they come through by the end of the summer.

I hope you have a use year that comes through. I have a March use year and have been on the list since last April..OY

I hope you have a use year that comes through. I have a March use year and have been on the list since last April..OY

Yikes, I hope you get yours sometime soon!

We have an AUG UY. I saw a couple of posts where a couple of people with June UYs came through within a couple of months. Oh well, if it happens that will be great. If not, I'll need to find a transfer.:(

We have an AUG UY. I saw a couple of posts where a couple of people with June UYs came through within a couple of months. Oh well, if it happens that will be great. If not, I'll need to find a transfer.:(

Right. We're looking for about 50 more VGC points with a June UY and called my guide last week. He said the wait is about 1 to 2 months now, a lot shorter than the 6 or so we waited last year.

Right. We're looking for about 50 more VGC points with a June UY and called my guide last week. He said the wait is about 1 to 2 months now, a lot shorter than the 6 or so we waited last year.

I hope your guide is right. Mine didn't think we'd ever get some points.:rotfl:

I hear you... will be 8 points short when I need to book in Feb..still have fingers crossed.

I hope your guide is right. Mine didn't think we'd ever get some points.:rotfl:

It really does seem to depend on the UY. Last year I was waiting forever and recall reading posts by people who were on the same list waiting for a different UY who got points way faster than I did.

Guess it depends on what resales they ROFR or who is defaulting and which UYs they have.

Good luck to all of us!!!

It really does seem to depend on the UY. Last year I was waiting forever and recall reading posts by people who were on the same list waiting for a different UY who got points way faster than I did.

Guess it depends on what resales they ROFR or who is defaulting and which UYs they have.
Points are not evenly distributed across the 8 UYs :headache:

Points are not evenly distributed across the 8 UYs :headache:

Sure. Which makes the direct wait list process even more unbalanced because that uneven original distribution flow through to resales which Disney can ROFR.

Congrats Angela! I know you were thinking about it. I hope it happens.

If not, I may be able to help. I have WAY too many points since they canceled the FW Festival. In fact I just booked a Grand Villa for one night in November for the sole reason that I could! That was with banked 2012 points and I still have some 2012 points left to play with not to mention no current plans for my 2013 points either. :sad2:

Congrats Angela! I know you were thinking about it. I hope it happens.

If not, I may be able to help. I have WAY too many points since they canceled the FW Festival. In fact I just booked a Grand Villa for one night in November for the sole reason that I could! That was with banked 2012 points and I still have some 2012 points left to play with not to mention no current plans for my 2013 points either. :sad2:

Have you ever rented out your points? We are staying on 2 seperate reservations this month and next and I really want to go back for my 50th in Sept.If we do it will most likely be on rented points.I was warned that if I stayed in a DVC unit I would never be able to return to a standard room again:confused3

I am wondering if I can have packages sent to the GCV and bell services will accept them? I did this at the DLH and want to be sure the same applies to DVC.

I am wondering if I can have packages sent to the GCV and bell services will accept them? I did this at the DLH and want to be sure the same applies to DVC.

Yes, we just did this for our Christmas trip and it worked great! We called the front desk and they did advise us to use UPS rather than USPS bc it goes through their main mail sorting facility if it comes from USPS whereas UPS delivers directly to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter