The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Can't say that I've tried too often for last minute but when I have & it's not available I would do the DLR Hotels on points. (If you have purchased direct for usage of the Disney Collection.)
The month of Feb seems like a good off time to enjoy except for the Presidents weekend.

We just joined and I booked a few nights in feb. About a week ago. The whole month in a studio was not wide open but I had enough choices to make it a difficult decision for me ;)

We just joined and I booked a few nights in feb. About a week ago. The whole month in a studio was not wide open but I had enough choices to make it a difficult decision for me ;)

That's great! Good for you!:goodvibes We will be staying on property Jan 3rd to the 6th & totally looking forward to it! We had to go commando through the parks last Thursday to watch my son march in the parade which was pure torture!! :crazy2: It's gonna be good to get back to relaxing in our room for breaks! :cool1: LOVE MY DVC!! ;):hyper:

Are additional hangers available while staying in a DVC Studio? My husband and I have lots of clothing to and and we're wondering if we should bring extra hangers.
Less than two weeks to go!
Thanks for your help!

Are additional hangers available while staying in a DVC Studio?
Hangers are available upon request :thumbsup2
vgc_studio_amenity.jpg

Where can I find a list of supplies for a studio villa? We will there for 11 nights so I am wondering what I will need to supplement.I *think*I read some where that I can get supplies replenished if we run out.Where would I do that?

Well,great minds think alike! I did a search but nothing came up.I guess I should have read back a couple posts.Thank you again Nonsuch! You are awesome!

Yes, non-VCG owners can start booking 7 months in advance of the first day of the reservation. It really fills up fast right at 7 months though so, if you can find somebody to make the reservation for you now, you will not need to sweat it.

Well, looks like I will be sweating this one out. I have tried 4 different DVC rental agencies and no one has any members with VGC points. I am keeping my eye on a couple boards for renting directly through a member as well. I knew it would be hard to get, and am hoping for the best! :thumbsup2

Just got 8/3 to 8/8 in a 1 bedroom! We are going to move to PPH for D23 weekend (starting Thursday). There was availability for a 1 bedroom through Thursday (Friday soldout). Studios are gone for some nights.

We are new DVC members. Just booked August 2nd- 9th studio. I actually just called today to add the 8th and I got the last studio. :cheer2:
Looking forward to our first DL trip.

I have a question about the HA rooms. We are hoping to get a studio for December, but want the sink separate from the tub/toilet area. I believe that is how all studios are, except for the HA bathroom that appears to have the sink/tub/toilet all in one room.

Is it possible for us to end up in the HA studio? or is that a separate booking category?

I have a question about the HA rooms. We are hoping to get a studio for December, but want the sink separate from the tub/toilet area. I believe that is how all studios are, except for the HA bathroom that appears to have the sink/tub/toilet all in one room.

Is it possible for us to end up in the HA studio? or is that a separate booking category?
It is not a separate booking category ... so there is a chance you will end up in there, but not a high likelyhood. I do believe people can request HA rooms ... and I think I remember seeing somewhere that its only on the first floor?

A guest who books a HA villa is guaranteed to receive a HA villa, but a guest who does not book a HA villa still might receive one.

These are the HA villas:
1516 studio
1514 1 bedroom
3513 2 bedroom
4522 grand villa
(the maps linked in my signature show the locations)

VGC are usually fully booked, so a guest may receive a HA villa without requesting one. I suspect the HA villas are the last assigned. On one visit, I was impatiently waiting for my villa to be ready (it was past 4PM) and checked with the front desk -- and was told a first floor villa was available immediately.

Thank you both! Looks like our odds are very small to receive the HA studio.

Nonsuch- I submitted your list of studios in order of preference that I found in this thread. Thank you for compiling that. Made it easy for me! Hopefully one of those will work out. :)

New to the Thread, we're thinking of planning a Disneyland trip for the first time in September 2013 (2nd or 3rd week, not Labor Day weekend). Our initial assumption was just to pay cash, but are there any thoughts on the possibility of 7 month availability during that time? I see the spotty availability now for August, but I don't know how that translates to September. Thanks!!

Nonsuch said:
A guest who books a HA villa is guaranteed to receive a HA villa, but a guest who does not book a HA villa still might receive one.

These are the HA villas:
1516 studio
1514 1 bedroom
3513 2 bedroom
4522 grand villa
(the maps linked in my signature show the locations)

VGC are usually fully booked, so a guest may receive a HA villa without requesting one. I suspect the HA villas are the last assigned. On one visit, I was impatiently waiting for my villa to be ready (it was past 4PM) and checked with the front desk -- and was told a first floor villa was available immediately.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but what's an HA room

Handicap Accessible

I just realized it myself when I saw pictures of the different layout in the bathroom.

czmom said:
Handicap Accessible

I just realized it myself when I saw pictures of the different layout in the bathroom.

Thank you, sorry I got thinking, why didn't I try for a HA room since people were hoping to get them lol

Thank you, sorry I got thinking, why didn't I try for a HA room since people were hoping to get them lol

We are actually hoping NOT to get it. I just went back and reread, and I was not clear at all. Oops!

New to the Thread, we're thinking of planning a Disneyland trip for the first time in September 2013 (2nd or 3rd week, not Labor Day weekend). Our initial assumption was just to pay cash, but are there any thoughts on the possibility of 7 month availability during that time? I see the spotty availability now for August, but I don't know how that translates to September. Thanks!!

There's always a possibility, and it depends on what size of unit you need. Be ready and online right at 8 a.m. eastern time and you should have a decent chance. Don't wait for MS to open. The studios seem to be the most popular, followed by the 1 bdrms.

Something to keep in mind for September, HM and Space Mtn are usually closed until around the third week to have their holiday overlays installed. If these rides are important to you, you may want to travel towards the end of September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter