The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Call back for another CM and just tell the CM you want to make a request on your reservation, and then give the list of rooms (I haven't tried to list too many). If the CM balks, I'd try emailing the request and see if you can get it added that way.

The part that stinks is you can't see what requests are actually on your reservation. You'd have to call in another time and ask that CM what requests are on the reservation.

I agree, I called just the other day and gave the CM a list of seven rooms (2 Bedroom Dedicated) on the park side high up. She quoted them back to me so she took them. This will be our first time to DL as well after many trips to WDW.

We do too! Bought ours last year before they went completely insane, but when I see the 2009 prices . . .

Glad you had a wonderful stay!!! What is your favorite resort at WDW?

For WDW, we find something positive in all. Our favorites have walking access, boat, or monorail to a park. When it's just DW and I, we like BCV and PVB. (Admittedly, can't wait until the PVB construction is finally over). When we bring others and need a 1BR or 2BR, we like AKV and BLT (so every room area has their own bathroom).

For WDW, we find something positive in all. Our favorites have walking access, boat, or monorail to a park. When it's just DW and I, we like BCV and PVB. (Admittedly, can't wait until the PVB construction is finally over). When we bring others and need a 1BR or 2BR, we like AKV and BLT (so every room area has their own bathroom).
Thanks! We hope to get there one of these years! This year: Aulani! :goodvibes:beach:

We are new to DVC and just bought resale at AKL in WDW ... We booked at the 7 month window and were lucky to get 4 nights in a studio at GCV !! So Aug 2016 we are off from NYC to CAL !! here is my question can you request a room at GCV or a location like at WDW ? We have rented DVC for stays at WDW so I usually do the on line check in is this even a thing at DL ? Last visit to DL was in 2014 and we were 5 people stayed at the DLH this trip we are only 3 in a studio so lots of questions !

We are new to DVC and just bought resale at AKL in WDW ... We booked at the 7 month window and were lucky to get 4 nights in a studio at GCV !! So Aug 2016 we are off from NYC to CAL !! here is my question can you request a room at GCV or a location like at WDW ? We have rented DVC for stays at WDW so I usually do the on line check in is this even a thing at DL ? Last visit to DL was in 2014 and we were 5 people stayed at the DLH this trip we are only 3 in a studio so lots of questions !

I am not an owner at VGC but I can tell you that you certainly can make room requests. I called and gave them a list of specific 1-bedroom #s I was interested in. (The ones that face Paradise Pier.) You can look up the room #s elsewhere on this thread there is a link. As per any DVC requests aren't guaranteed.

If anyone wants to cancel their studio or 1 br for night of 2/14, I'll gladly take it off your hands :yay: Unfortunately I waited until the last minute to look into this and now their is nothing :o( My :bday: is 2/15, kids have off of school and I thought it would be a fun weekend trip. The hotel part is WAY $$. Ugh

Hi! We will be staying at VGC for the first time this August! We have booked a 1BR....any recommendations on location requests? I'm not really sure where the villas are located within the hotel.

...We have booked a 1BR....any recommendations on location requests? I'm not really sure where the villas are located within the hotel.
The villas are at the south end of the hotel nearest the Paradise Pier area of DCA, a map of the VGC wing is linked in my signature.

I have had good results requesting a list of specific villas.
A list of villas, with some comments:
  • 6502 WOC view, only 6th floor 1 bedroom
  • 5508 WOC view, slightly better angle to WOC than x502
  • 5502 WOC view
  • 4508 WOC view
  • 4502 WOC view
  • 3508 WOC view
  • 3502 WOC view
  • 5514 Redwood Creek view, very quiet room
  • 4514 Redwood Creek view
  • 3514 Redwood Creek view

how hard is it to get reservations at 11 months if you own there?
Not in my experience. Twice last year we had no problem booking a 1-bedroom just a few days before the 7 month window opened up. Once was for mid-November (before Thanksgiving week but after the race weekend) and one for early June. The first time we had closed and received our member # for our DVC contract at VGC just days before the 7 month window opened for when we wanted to go, so we literally had like 2 days to spare and I had been sweating it big time. We had a wonderful stay there last November! Good luck! Are you considering buying there?

Thanks all, we have Pts at VGF and really don't use them. Thinking of selling them and adding on at VGC, almost a wash in the resale mts.

Mopee

Thanks all, we have Pts at VGF and really don't use them. Thinking of selling them and adding on at VGC, almost a wash in the resale mts.
Own where you plan to stay (first rule of DVC ownership) :idea:

I have had no issues booking prior to the 7-month window, but 1 bedroom villas are easier to book than studios.

Mopee
We definitely love, love, love our VGC points, but we are Disneyland people, not DW people. Some day we will make a trip to the other coast! :goodvibes But up next: Aulani this summer! With our VGC points, although it required a 4:45 a.m. PT wake up on the first day of our 7-month window to book it the first second it became available!

Mopee
We love VGC and rent points every chance we can!
Please PM me if you need a reliable person to rent your points.

Hello all! We own at VGC and love staying there. The last time I was at DLR, I heard the waiting list for purchasing VGC has closed. Does anyone know if this is true? We have always wanted to add VGC points in the future. That would make me sad if I couldn't.

Hello all! We own at VGC and love staying there. The last time I was at DLR, I heard the waiting list for purchasing VGC has closed. Does anyone know if this is true? We have always wanted to add VGC points in the future. That would make me sad if I couldn't.
I heard that probably 6 months ago? But you can buy them resale. We purchased our 1st contract resale last April and a few months later got the add-on bug and added another 100 point contract with the same use year. I've seen VGC contracts on some of the resale sites recently. They are pricey, but less than buying direct from Disney even if you still could.

Yes, I think the wait list for VGC is closed.

VGC doesn't show up a lot on resale, but they do on occasion. Even if you wait to match your UY and get around the points you want, you'll probably get them sooner via resale. I doubt Disney is buying back many contracts for VGC - the profit spread between the resale and Disney price isn't enough to make it worth it for them.

Yes, I think the wait list for VGC is closed.

VGC doesn't show up a lot on resale, but they do on occasion. Even if you wait to match your UY and get around the points you want, you'll probably get them sooner via resale. I doubt Disney is buying back many contracts for VGC - the profit spread between the resale and Disney price isn't enough to make it worth it for them.
If you end up looking for VGC resale, I would recommend getting on some of the e-mail distribution lists for resale businesses. Those generally go out before they list them on their website. The VGC contracts usually go fairly quickly. I have seen some within the last week or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter