Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

At what point do you make your building requests.........When we arrive at the hotel? I have seen online check-in on the website, can you request it then?

Thanks for any/all info, we are 1st-timers. :)

At what point do you make your building requests.........When we arrive at the hotel? I have seen online check-in on the website, can you request it then?

Thanks for any/all info, we are 1st-timers. :)

If you have your reservation made you can call & make your room request now. They will note it on your ressie. There is no guarantee you will get it, but you can try. The room will be assigned before you get there, so it won't work to do it when you arrive. :goodvibes

There is not a ceiling fan in the room.
Air conditioning motion activated I do not know.....anyone else know?
Exactly how wide???? no idea but you could put a tension rod between the walls and hang a curtain like a shower curtain tension rod.

Hope this helps????

It does help! Bummer about the ceiling fans. We're in TX so we are very used to sleeping with them on and having the air circulate while sleeping. Ah well.

Knowing that a shower curtain sized tension rod will fit is the info that I need to know. Although, I have been reading about how some people use the command strip type hangers to hang some sort of privacy sheet. Anyone on this thread use these before? Any feedback on this idea? I'm the lone lady with my DH and DS so having some sort of private area for getting dressed is my goal, not as concerned with light situations...

If the A/C IS motion activated, it doesn't get warm while you're gone, so you should be fine. People worry it will turn off while they are gone, and have left helium balloons to float around, but we have never needed to do this and always return to super cold rooms.

This was the oddest thing that I had read? Never heard of this balloon idea. I'm glad to hear that it doesn't seem necessary. Traveling in August and especially needing to sleep in a room without the ceiling fan, we will probably keep the room fairly cool. It's good to hear the a/c works well!:thumbsup2

When I tried to book Pop for our stay Sept 19-26 it was full. I ask CM which of the All Star resorts would be better, she said All Star Sports as the bus stops there first.

Where is the best spot to put the Pack'n Play in the room?

When I tried to book Pop for our stay Sept 19-26 it was full. I ask CM which of the All Star resorts would be better, she said All Star Sports as the bus stops there first.

We always put it between the table and the window.

PS - we had to switch from POP to All Star Sports last trip, and we liked it pretty well. So look forward to it...it's different but still fun!

I've never stayed at Pop but, IIRC, their buses don't stop at the All Stars. I have stayed at Sports, though, and yes, it is the first stop for the All Stars' buses.

Enjoy your trip!!

Regards,

Being the first stop for the buses is a huge bonus....

That is why we chose it over the other All-Star Resorts this year.... we will have an ECV and an electric W/C in our party which makes it even more important to have fresher buses! Prior to this, we have only stayed at POP and we love the dedicated buses, but really wanted to try someplace new for a change.

Booked ASSp for the weekend of Wine & Dine half marathon...have only stayed at Pop out of the value so I'm excited to try another! I'll start browsing these 64 pages before sending all my questions :)

Well, I wonder if it is true that you are more likely to get the connecting rooms when traveling with kids. It would make sense.

Tinkerbell60 Hope you guys had a great time on your Disney vacation..!:goodvibes

Just wondering how your stay was at AsSports, bus transportation and if you were able to get your connecting room request. We will be checking in 36days and have also requested connecting rooms.

Hi! I am currently booked at POFQ for late November, but I may have to push up my trip to September. POFQ is booked and so is POP but Sports and Movies have availability. I'm leaning towards Sports due to it being the first pick up/drop off.

Soooo, my question is, if I don't pay for a preferred room, is the walk to the main building really bad? I've been really luck with both my visits to be extremely close to the main building and bus stops so I'm hoping for my streak to continue. :)

Thanks!

Hi! I am currently booked at POFQ for late November, but I may have to push up my trip to September. POFQ is booked and so is POP but Sports and Movies have availability. I'm leaning towards Sports due to it being the first pick up/drop off.

Soooo, my question is, if I don't pay for a preferred room, is the walk to the main building really bad? I've been really luck with both my visits to be extremely close to the main building and bus stops so I'm hoping for my streak to continue. :)

Thanks!

If you stay at Sports, request the Football building in the back. We've stayed in Football and it's quite close to the food court and bus stop.

Donna

Honestly, Movies very rarely shares with Sports and Music if that helps. I love Sports myself. I feel that sports is the most compact resort of all the resorts and that everything is a short walk to the main building and bus so I wouldn't bother paying for prefered.

If you stay at Sports, request the Football building in the back. We've stayed in Football and it's quite close to the food court and bus stop.

Donna

I agree. The rooms we had in football were closer than most if not all of the preferred rooms, which are around the pool. Request "Closest to the food court" or something like that, and you should be ok.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarsportsmap.htm

We were right where the #10 is on the map, in Touchdown.
Surf's Up is preferred.

Thanks for the input.

I was checking expedia and travelocity and they both have rooms available in POP & POFQ during September. Has anyone ever booked a Disney room through these (or any other) website?

Thanks!

We were put in the baseball section because that's where my DS wanted to stay. It seemed like a long walk but it really wasn't. It took less than 5 minutes to walk to the food court through the football field. For a large resort, I think you can get around rather easily. Plus our room was super quiet! We were on the 3rd floor, facing the back with lovely palms blocking us seeing the parking lot to the left. To the right we could see the tennis section. We really enjoyed our stay. Hope you do too :thumbsup2

We've stayed in Football 7 and Football 10. We prefer 10 because 7 is close to the food court where the trucks come in all night long and re-supply everything. Those trucks are noisy. We always ask for the third floor.

I did not think any of the buildings where that far from the food court. I have stayed at Carribean Beach Resort and that was a long long walk. Way to long of a walk for me..

But at Sports it all seemed to be a reasonable walk.

Tinkerbell60 Hope you guys had a great time on your Disney vacation..!:goodvibes

Just wondering how your stay was at AsSports, bus transportation and if you were able to get your connecting room request. We will be checking in 36days and have also requested connecting rooms.

We had a wonderful vacation - just got back today.

We had a great stay - we requested connecting rooms in the football section on an upper floor and that is what we got. We had wanted 4 double beds, but there were no connecting rooms available so we had one room with a King and a connecting with 2 doubles - that worked fine for us.

We were in building 7 and we were quite close to the main building/food court. We were also convenient to the parking lots in the back which was great since we drove.

The resort layout seems to be perfect, I really think most of the buildings are fairly close. Nothing seems to be as far away from the food court/lobby. The other All Stars and Pop seem a little more spread out.

I really liked the resort a lot, but I did feel the food selections were a little limited for lunch/dinner. The food was very good though - everything was fresh and well prepared, especially at breakfast!

The other "drawback" is there were a lot of sports teams visiting and also some tour groups. I think it lost some of the "family oriented" feeling that some of the other values have. It is probably different at other times of the year though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter