Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Haven't been on this site for a while. Just wanted to say that I had TWO wonderful stays this summer at All Star Sports. July was a two room connection because we took my daughter's friends with us for a sweet sixteen trip. August was a last minute summer trip with just my daughter and me. In July we were in Hoops Hotel, and August was at Tennis. All of our rooms were immaculate, and we had a great housekeeper. In August, I received the text that my room was ready and we could go straight there, but I decided to stop at the front desk because I had been given second floor wanted ground floor. At first they said they were completely booked and I may have to wait a few days, but that didn't occur, and we were given a ground floor room right away, and it was very close to the preferred area, a very short walk to the food court and bus stop. I love the new food court! Clean and well staffed, and great variety. Both trips we had extraordinarily efficient bus service, and never shared, or even waited more than 5 minutes, either at the park or the resort. I love the new TVs that show when the bus is arriving. I have stayed at almost every resort category on property, and I must say I am beyond impressed with the bang for your buck you get at the All Stars. I like them better than Pop or AoA. They are quieter and have better services. My August stay included weeknight sale rooms rates of around $70. With the free DME, I don't know why anyone would stay off site. Even the two rooms at regular season added up to a total of around 240 per night. For 2 bathrooms and 4 beds, that is so reasonable. The mature and lush landscaping at the value resorts is very pretty, and much of the resort feels secluded and quiet. In July, the girls had an evening at the Home Run Pool that was fun and very low key. I almost hesitate to post this because I don't want to see the secret greatness of these resorts to become more popular!!!! I've been during summer at WDW many times before, but this summer seemed exceptionally hot and sunny. It seemed we did not get the clouds and thunder that cool things off a bit, that we've always had in our summer trips, or at least hide the broiling sun. That is my only slight negative to the trips. I'd still take a summer trip for sure though, if that is the only time I could go. With the school year schedule, it makes most budget and educational sense. But someday, would love to go at a less hot time that is not too crowded, however, it seems to me that there is really never a low season at Disney anymore. Disney creates promotions to ensure that they will be busy at all times. Fall free dining brings the retirees and preschoolers, Halloween is insanely crowded, November brings Christmas crowds very soon after Halloween, January brings Marathoners, etc, etc. Spring breaks start right after January and goes thru April, and then the summer crowds start in May, because many southern states get out so early. But I will still return as often as I can!
Awesome report! Thanks, I'm even more excited for my first stay at All Star Sports!!!

Got our MagicBands today!!! :banana: Was so excited to open them. Took a picture and emailed it to my Mom so she could see hers. She's so excited. It'll be her first trip after paper Fp went away.

Anybody else at Sports Oct 10-18? We have called Pop our home for the last several years, but our fall break shifted to Columbus week this year, and our TA deal only had sports available. We stayed at sports on our honeymoon in '99 and the kids' first trip in '07, so it's been awhile. I'm looking forward to returning, and the kids barely remember the resort since we were in the parks from open to close. Lol

Anybody else at Sports Oct 10-18? We have called Pop our home for the last several years, but our fall break shifted to Columbus week this year, and our TA deal only had sports available. We stayed at sports on our honeymoon in '99 and the kids' first trip in '07, so it's been awhile. I'm looking forward to returning, and the kids barely remember the resort since we were in the parks from open to close. Lol
Hi Smitch! We will just miss you, we leave on Oct. 9th. It will be weird for us not being at Pop but we are really excited to try Sports! Sounds like it will be pretty much all new to you too since I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since 2007 :goodvibes

yea, Fox Lake is west of me.
police are no longer releasing any info since.
they had the info on the news all over here but stopped posting updates by evening.

i'm thinking they have some clues. today's paper stated they are investigating the gun they found.

now i am watching my flights to orlando.
keep thinking what will i do if the flight is changed....
but then i looked at the seating charts and only about 5 rows on the plane are empty.
return trip is 3/4 full so i hope no changing on that flight also

I'll be at Sports for Halloween again this year! Last year too. Thinking of doing a Christmas time trip next year. Maybe could do both? Should say all three and include Food & wine, Halloween Party and Christmas party!

Has anyone tried that? Probably would take a longer trip?

:flower1:

I've never tried it but it's doable. If there is a Halloween party on November 1st (like this year), you can hit that, the first Christmas party is November 8th and F&W goes on during that time too. So you could do it all in one week if you planned it just right :)

We made our FP+ reservations yesterday! So excited to go back to the Sports!

prettypatchesmsu

how's the countdown going for you?

i'm behind with everything in my life but when i have seen your countdown of how many days before you arrive at disney, then i know how many more days for me then........

prettypatchesmsu

how's the countdown going for you?

i'm behind with everything in my life but when i have seen your countdown of how many days before you arrive at disney, then i know how many more days for me then........
:goodvibes 15 days!!! I'm so excited to be at an even two weeks tomorrow :banana:

We've been working on getting everything ready, will admit that I'm excited but starting to panic a little as I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done before we leave! But I'm just plugging along, one thing at a time I suppose.

Had an unexpected letter from our Credit Card company saying they are changing our cards to the new chip cards and to be looking for the new cards in the mail to be activated and change our PIN etc. I about freaked out! We're too close to leaving for this and I hate it, but nothing I can do about it except pray they make it before we leave. Unfortunately it's my ADR and Online checkin card, so I don't really know what to do about the ADR side of it. I will update the MDE when I get the new card, but to say I'm nervous about it is an understatement. I was not expecting this. I thought I had everything all set up to go...ahh..the best laid plans and all. :faint:

:goodvibes 15 days!!! I'm so excited to be at an even two weeks tomorrow :banana:

We've been working on getting everything ready, will admit that I'm excited but starting to panic a little as I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done before we leave! But I'm just plugging along, one thing at a time I suppose.

Had an unexpected letter from our Credit Card company saying they are changing our cards to the new chip cards and to be looking for the new cards in the mail to be activated and change our PIN etc. I about freaked out! We're too close to leaving for this and I hate it, but nothing I can do about it except pray they make it before we leave. Unfortunately it's my ADR and Online checkin card, so I don't really know what to do about the ADR side of it. I will update the MDE when I get the new card, but to say I'm nervous about it is an understatement. I was not expecting this. I thought I had everything all set up to go...ahh..the best laid plans and all. :faint:

FYI, we were in the same situation last year before a trip. Our new cards showed up in the mail an hour before we were leaving for the airport. I just pretended like I didn't see them and dealt with it when we got home.

I'm beyond excited to only have 7 more days! :banana::sulley::banana:

I've been running around trying to get everything done at home and at work, whew it's been crazy. Have to go this evening and get my hair cut. Hoping for good weather, if not every day I'm hoping for at least our MNSSHP day. It rained on us the last MNSSHP time, we had fun but no rain would have been much better that day.

I shipped our Disney Goody box down UPS yesterday. I'm tracking it on the site, it left TN earlier this morning. Wish I could have crawled inside and already be down there :laughing:

We're staying at All Star Sports in November. We are considering doing an Amazon prime pantry order but would like to supplement with some milk & yogurt for breakfast in our room. Can we buy that from the gift shop? Any idea what prices are like? TIA!

We're staying at All Star Sports in November. We are considering doing an Amazon prime pantry order but would like to supplement with some milk & yogurt for breakfast in our room. Can we buy that from the gift shop? Any idea what prices are like? TIA!

Yes, milk and yogurt are available in the gift shop. I don't know exact prices, but I do know that they weren't outrageous. About what you would expect at a convenience store at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter