• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We arrived at Sports on Thursday and checked out and into POFQ on Saturday. We didn't like Sports at all. Seemed rundown, too many sports teams. Food court and courtyards filled with them. Too chaotic for us. POFQ is great. So much nicer. The pool seems so much cleaner too. The water was a little cloudy on Friday at Sports.We won't stay there again.

Does anyone remember what the dimensions of the window at the all star resorts are? I have decorations and want to make sure they fit

29 days to go and our MagicBands have shipped! :tigger::sulley::donald::mickeyjum Excited to get them!

On a side note, I was happy to lose 2.6 pounds this week when I weighed on Saturday, I'm getting closer to my Disney Weight goal. We've been hitting it hard and getting serious as the time has been ticking away. I also worked hard over the weekend on my halloween costume for the MNSSHP. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
29 days to go and our MagicBands have shipped! :tigger::sulley::donald::mickeyjum Excited to get them!

On a side note, I was happy to lose 2.6 pounds this week when I weighed on Saturday, I'm getting closer to my Disney Weight goal. We've been hitting it hard and getting serious as the time has been ticking away. I also worked hard over the weekend on my halloween costume for the MNSSHP. I'm very happy with it.

twinkies again on the weight scale.
so unbeliveable we have things in common for the most part.

well, i have not received any disney notifications on my magic bands being shipped yet...
and i too am 29 days out.

i did get the baggage tags last week when you posted you got yours.
i thought it was strange as i didn't sign up for the ME as i use private car service.

yes, i work on losing weight before the trip so i can eat what i want and gain all the weight back by the time i return home from the vacation.......lol

twinkies again on the weight scale.
so unbeliveable we have things in common for the most part.

well, i have not received any disney notifications on my magic bands being shipped yet...
and i too am 29 days out.

i did get the baggage tags last week when you posted you got yours.
i thought it was strange as i didn't sign up for the ME as i use private car service.

yes, i work on losing weight before the trip so i can eat what i want and gain all the weight back by the time i return home from the vacation.......lol

That's awesome! Congrats on your weight loss too!!! Yes, Disney eating factors heavily into our trip too. We will gain while there, even with the walking as the food will be insane, but truthfully that is a big part of our trip. We love food & wine festival and Disney food in general. We eat stuff down there we never eat at home. So we too lose to gain :thumbsup2

I hope your MagicBands ship soon. I finished my turquoise and purple tutu over the weekend to go with my MNSSHP costume, and those same colored striped knee socks I had mentioned before. So I'll be easy to spot that day. I'll be dressed as my version of Sulley from Monster's Inc. DH will be dressed as Mike....no tutu though but I tried :rotfl:

i made a note to look for a peep dressed as Sulley.... and a man dressed as Mike without the tutu.
hope to find you in the crowds before you leave sports.

went to the grocery store and some other errands this afternoon.

just got the email that my magic bands have been shipped.
i assume i will get them this week?

i made a note to look for a peep dressed as Sulley.... and a man dressed as Mike without the tutu.
hope to find you in the crowds before you leave sports.

went to the grocery store and some other errands this afternoon.

just got the email that my magic bands have been shipped.
i assume i will get them this week?

There's a very good chance you'll receive it this week.
I received my first email indicating the bands had been shipped Friday (Aug. 28) very early morning, so it took only 3 business days to deliver.

Last edited:
This year. I received the email last Friday morning around 4am that they were shipped by USPS. I tracked them while with USPS. I received them this morning with my normal mail. My parents' magic bands also arrived at their house this morning. My sister's magic bands were scheduled to arrive today. She'll find out when she gets off work if they are at her house.

Oops! Just realized that I had said Sept instead of Aug. Sorry about that. For some reason, I have Sept on my mind, but I don't know why. :rolleyes1

I changed my post to reflect Aug. 28.

Last edited:
Haven't been on this site for a while. Just wanted to say that I had TWO wonderful stays this summer at All Star Sports. July was a two room connection because we took my daughter's friends with us for a sweet sixteen trip. August was a last minute summer trip with just my daughter and me. In July we were in Hoops Hotel, and August was at Tennis. All of our rooms were immaculate, and we had a great housekeeper. In August, I received the text that my room was ready and we could go straight there, but I decided to stop at the front desk because I had been given second floor wanted ground floor. At first they said they were completely booked and I may have to wait a few days, but that didn't occur, and we were given a ground floor room right away, and it was very close to the preferred area, a very short walk to the food court and bus stop. I love the new food court! Clean and well staffed, and great variety. Both trips we had extraordinarily efficient bus service, and never shared, or even waited more than 5 minutes, either at the park or the resort. I love the new TVs that show when the bus is arriving. I have stayed at almost every resort category on property, and I must say I am beyond impressed with the bang for your buck you get at the All Stars. I like them better than Pop or AoA. They are quieter and have better services. My August stay included weeknight sale rooms rates of around $70. With the free DME, I don't know why anyone would stay off site. Even the two rooms at regular season added up to a total of around 240 per night. For 2 bathrooms and 4 beds, that is so reasonable. The mature and lush landscaping at the value resorts is very pretty, and much of the resort feels secluded and quiet. In July, the girls had an evening at the Home Run Pool that was fun and very low key. I almost hesitate to post this because I don't want to see the secret greatness of these resorts to become more popular!!!! I've been during summer at WDW many times before, but this summer seemed exceptionally hot and sunny. It seemed we did not get the clouds and thunder that cool things off a bit, that we've always had in our summer trips, or at least hide the broiling sun. That is my only slight negative to the trips. I'd still take a summer trip for sure though, if that is the only time I could go. With the school year schedule, it makes most budget and educational sense. But someday, would love to go at a less hot time that is not too crowded, however, it seems to me that there is really never a low season at Disney anymore. Disney creates promotions to ensure that they will be busy at all times. Fall free dining brings the retirees and preschoolers, Halloween is insanely crowded, November brings Christmas crowds very soon after Halloween, January brings Marathoners, etc, etc. Spring breaks start right after January and goes thru April, and then the summer crowds start in May, because many southern states get out so early. But I will still return as often as I can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter