Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Okay, so I looked around and ASSp does not have an ice cream window in thier food court, but it looks like ASM does. How far is the walk to their food court? My son LOVES getting ice cream for his dessert.

Okay, so I looked around and ASSp does not have an ice cream window in thier food court, but it looks like ASM does. How far is the walk to their food court? My son LOVES getting ice cream for his dessert.
Walking at a brisk pace I walked from End Zone to Intermission in 6 minutes.:)

Thank you! That won't be a problem for him. He will tell me ice cream is worth it :)

Would you please report back how you liked it? We might do this in September! We love the Ice cream at Pop but I've read Sports just has gelato area. Let us know what you find out and how you liked it :) This will be our first stay at Sports.

Would you please report back how you liked it? We might do this in September! We love the Ice cream at Pop but I've read Sports just has gelato area. Let us know what you find out and how you liked it :) This will be our first stay at Sports.

The renovated Intermission food court at All-Star Music appears to have also switched to gelato. Looking at reports following the re-opening in December.

So disappointing to read on the thread dedicated to this specific hotel that so many people are falling out of love with Sports.

I have never been to any of the all star resorts and I am already having a hard time getting excited about "having" to stay here for free dining. Reading the negative posts from the regulars is a downer. I guess I will keep checking for availability at POP or try and spring for a moderate if something opens up. :(

Yes, it's making me worry some about choosing Sports :(

Don't worry. You can have loud, obnoxious neighbors at ANY resort. One of our worst experience with this was at the Beach Club. We have had a total of 12 nights at Sports and it's our favorite Value resort. It's so fun and 100% Disney for sure.

Are there a lot of sport groups in September and October?

Check your dates here.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/

If there's an event during your stay, go to the organizations website to see which resorts are offered in their package.

I was trying to say what to do if you have a problem. CALL THE FRONT DESK IMMEDIATELY. They were completely accomodating to me.

Last edited:
Thanks dansdad and rmom50, I checked and did not see any groups during our trip dates. We love Pop and are hoping to love Sports too! We actually chose Sports this time over Pop just for fun and something different. But it's hard not to second guess that. This thread is pretty quiet compared to Pops. I'll definitely ask to move rooms if we have any problems!

Lustergirl... feel your pain. I did, however, work the same scenario out. Was there Ap 28 - May 5 (yesterday) solo. I paid extra for the preferred room (learned my lesson the hard way on a previous trip). Even that didn't save me on the room they assigned me upon arrival. I was on the back side (which I prefer), but first floor - don't ever do first floor as a solo. That is for the kiddies. They put me next to a group from a far away land. Seriously... there had to be two dozen people sharing the room. I arrived with a headache & just wanted a few minutes to let the Advil kick in. They slammed their door 50 times within the first ten minutes of my arrival. They also knocked on my door. Most of them were children and yet WAY too many adults in a room. My PRIVACY PLEASE sign was missing from my room. Not that it would have helped. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. She immediately set me up with a room on the pool side and I just said no. Then...........insert angel harps.......... I got a room on the second floor, preferred, back side, and it was heaven for the rest of the trip. I know MACRAVEN has tried to instill this into our solo trip planning for years. She doesn't even do preferred, but DO IT before switching hotels. I'm just confirming ........ $pring for the preferred, upper back next time. Give it one more try. I was horrified by the amount of cheerleaders too, but just stayed clear of the food court as much as possible and did that room change. P.S. some of the parents/chaperones are worse than the kids. I've also been there second wk Dec. and will NEVER do that again. ;)
Can I ask what the lesson was at Sports with the nonpreferred room? We have a standard. I'd read it's a smaller resort so everything's pretty close, so interested in what you learned.

Can I ask what the lesson was at Sports with the nonpreferred room? We have a standard. I'd read it's a smaller resort so everything's pretty close, so interested in what you learned.
Looks like you are taking your mom by your signature. I would pay the extra $ for preferred if you wish to be close to the food court and busses. I thought by just requesting a close room I would luck out, but I was actually in the farthest possible room. It makes for a long walk to refill a mug, although not as bad as larger resorts. My experience and opinion only, but this is NOT something that would probably be negotiable after arrival. Noisy, obnoxious neighbors - YES negotiable. :earsgirl: P.S. I like Sports better than POP.

Lustergirl... feel your pain. I did, however, work the same scenario out. Was there Ap 28 - May 5 (yesterday) solo. I paid extra for the preferred room (learned my lesson the hard way on a previous trip). Even that didn't save me on the room they assigned me upon arrival. I was on the back side (which I prefer), but first floor - don't ever do first floor as a solo. That is for the kiddies. They put me next to a group from a far away land. Seriously... there had to be two dozen people sharing the room. I arrived with a headache & just wanted a few minutes to let the Advil kick in. They slammed their door 50 times within the first ten minutes of my arrival. They also knocked on my door. Most of them were children and yet WAY too many adults in a room. My PRIVACY PLEASE sign was missing from my room. Not that it would have helped. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. She immediately set me up with a room on the pool side and I just said no. Then...........insert angel harps.......... I got a room on the second floor, preferred, back side, and it was heaven for the rest of the trip. I know MACRAVEN has tried to instill this into our solo trip planning for years. She doesn't even do preferred, but DO IT before switching hotels. I'm just confirming ........ $pring for the preferred, upper back next time. Give it one more try. I was horrified by the amount of cheerleaders too, but just stayed clear of the food court as much as possible and did that room change. P.S. some of the parents/chaperones are worse than the kids. I've also been there second wk Dec. and will NEVER do that again. ;)

i heard my name......:wave2:

no, i have done preferred many many times and have had surfs up.
only once it was pool side.
i don't do first floor whan at preferred buildings, but have been stuck with it on some trips.
too many times i received the far end of surfs up.
i get lazy and tired with walking to the food court for my coffee.......lol

i have found that touchdown (10), closest to the food court has been my favorite.
i request the back side not the football field.
i've had less issues in that building on my solo trips.
and i can avoid crowds in the buiilding by walking the back way to the bus stops.

i haven't had bad experiences there but i know it could always happen.
i would go nuts if i had to deal with noise and aggravations that you went through.
sounds like it was non stop until they moved you.

the one time i had issues with noise & pounding on my door, i called the front desk.
did tell them that if they don't handle it, i would be calling a different number.
situation was dealt with right away.
this was the time i was facing the football field.
when they enforce their ruling of no noise after a certain hour, i'm pleased.
once i return to the room after the parks are closed, i don't want to hear what is going on outside of my room.

yea, i still love sports, it just feels like home to me.

you are correct that the back sides are a lot quieter than the front unless you are higher up.

Sorry everyone. I don't mean to scare anyone away from staying at Sports. I just caught a bum deal and was upset. If I ever stay there again I will pay for a preferred room. The standard rooms are okay as the walk isn't bad at all to the bus stop or food court. I was in Hoops #3 on the third floor. I got angry because there were a bunch of teenagers down on the first floor causing mayhem late at night. One day I did go to the front desk and complain. Security showed up after that quickly. The next night they tried the same thing but security came again. These teenage groups (POP Warner or others) are a cash cow for Disney and the value resorts where are the majority of them stay. The busy food court did not bother me as I didn't frequent it a lot. I ate outside of the hotel and different parks or resorts. My room was very clean and the CM's were great. Just this trip I became tainted, lol.

lustergirl, you didn't scare me away.
i truly enjoy my stays at Sports.
anyone can have a poor stay at any of the disney resorts.

for me, pop isn't my thing.
they have 4 floors and lots of buildings which means more peeps at that resort.

since i go solo, i like smaller crowds and less people in the place.
3 floors at the sports buildings means not as many peeps trying to get on the bus when i am.

i rarely do shopping at the gift shop near the lobby at sports..
higher tax level so i do my knick knack shopping in the parks/dtd and have packages sent to the hotel unless it is a pin which i would stick in my pocket.
i only use the gift shop if i want something sweet at that time.

i have not been at sports during anytime the pop warner or teen groups have been there.
did hit sports once with the btg were present but they weren't in the building i was in.
none of them ate at the food court when i was at it so that was a good thing for me.

have you started planning your next trip yet?

Mac. Yes if I stayed at Sports again I would book a preferred. But you can have a bad stay at any level of resort. I have booked my trip for 9/24/9/29, staying at Coronado. The values went really fast for the free dining promo. Hubby wants to go this time. My knees are killing me right now from all the walking so I think the trip in September I will be renting a scooter.

When are you going next?

I will be at All Star Sports for the 24hr event and for Star wars weekends. I arrive May 20th and leave May 24th.
I'll have my window decorated with a Lime green Mickey with my DIS name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter