The Two Really Old(ish) Happyhaunts Go South. Alone... But With ECVs!

Reply guys!!!

Liquid 17:

Ahhhaaaa! Glad to be able to get you all psyched up for your couples trip. We had never done one before to Disney. However... we have done quite a few in Ontario. Disney was more of an issue tho. Further away. And... it went SO well that Mellyman said "Book two more trips for just us!" After experiencing it. It was certainly different from the whole family group trips. But... it WAS relaxed. Easy. And also very much romantic. You can't tell prolly from my trippie but honestly... was certainly so. Like a repeat Honeymoon. KINDA. Just not at all a Honeydawn. Mellyman sad so.

Anyhow... Gaston!!! That's Calvin. In the picture. I've picked him up from school. Volleyball games, practice, rugby, hockey, track and field yada blah. Forever and ever.

He is usually waiting for me. Just like in the pic. Talking to assorted females. Just like *that*. Similar build. Same stance. Different hair.

However... I usually break the moment of "Gaston" when I roll the window in the van down and yell "CALVIN!!! Let's go!!! We gotta roll by your clog dancing class. You forgot your clogs!!!"

Heh heh.

Or else... "Hurry up!!! Your rash is very contagious!"

Oh I have others but let's just say this: Turns Gaston/Calvin into a hot mess. And then he jumps in the van and yells "MOM!!!!"!!!

Then he laffs. Cause he's borg on our shared sense of *humour*. Which is a good thing afterall lol.

Anywho... you will enjoy the u and hubs trip. promise.

Ashypoo!!!! I am going with BOTH!!!

Mellyman and I are hardcore eaters. We're doing Via Napoli at noon. Drinks and pizza. Then Biergarten at 2:30pm!!!!!

Yah baybeee!!!! We're up for it~~~~

I think.

YAK!!!

We're looking at the exchange rates!!!!

OH mg.

Heading to Buffalo. Doing either Phineas and Ferb Chang's, Cheesecake Factory or else Texas de Brazil!

Idk yet.

But... we're planning on eating ALOT LOT~~~

Cheers, Mel.

edit: ROLL WIDE!!!!

Roll Wide, indeed. Lol!

We love Patrick Franks but Mr YAK has a real love for the Subs at Altons. Or maybe it's Flo behind the lunch counter. Don't know

Via Napoli for sure. Those Italian buns can't be beat (Hi Frick!).

Hoping the exchange doesn't push 40 by Thxgiving. But if it does save a little and head for Sweet Tomatoes!

Ashclan and Sher just fainted lol!

Dreaming of a Dole Whip Float....can you bring one back for me?

Happy trails!

Finally! Caught! Up!

Like you finally went to a park.

Loving your tale, for real. Both the at Disney main plot and the past and future trips and glimpses into the lives of your family subplot(s). And also the commercial interruptions for talking to your readers (NOmods). It's working, really.

Into the Mystic. BORG! My sweet SWEET (and super handsome) new future Husband 2.0 aka the KEEPER loves this song and now I do too. Also we love the Zac Brown Band mixup mashup of Free with ITM. SO good, so good! Like Sweet Caroline.

Wreck. Of the Edmund Fitzgerald. At the place I used to work they had a singer who did mostly sappy love songs. Like Annie's Song. And while my coworkers loved sad sappy songs, I have a tiny dark side. Especially mid-divorce-turmoil and such. And hated the sap, like, a lot. Asked our singer dude to come up with something more darkerish for me. And he belted some Gordon for me. All 83 verses. And people were ordering drinks like mad, to get through it, so-- win/win for this bar tending mama. NOruleseybartender. What EVER.

ASH. Brace your feet, HARD. Tighten your core like you're post-surgical Frick. And throw those hands in the air! So fun! I can't believe you did not know this. Have we not ridden it together? My creepy internet and not so creepy in real life friend?

Back to Mel--- I share your fear of Space Mountain. I go anyway, but it gives me cold sweats and PTSD. But I go because I fondly remember riding it when I was 8. With my grandfather who at the time I thought was OLD. He was probably all of sixty. But then I thought he was OLD and I was so impressed he was brave enough to go despite all the warnings. Vis a vis his oldness. Also that was when it was One big seat so i liked holding his shoelaces. So what I'm saying is, I ride because of memories, same as you don't wanna. Cuz of your dad screaming. Memory.

Carry on.

Hola!!!

Just wanted to say "Thanks You!!!"

Mellyman and I are in Disney right NOW!!!! In fact... we are sitting on our balcony at Saratoga Springs in the best location and view we have ever been in!!! We are in Congress Park overlooking Disney Springs listening to the music and watching the balloon guy ride thingie go up and down. Mellyman is obsessed with it. For some strange reason. He has vertigo and swears he can never ride it but he watches it like a hawk. And keeps me updated. Can't believe I married such a fre-ACK. Also... The Jays just won so he's happy but fearful.

Jays and the balloon. Both.

He's a big fat baby.

Also... tonight we drank the most wonderful liquor of the Gods. Moet & Chandon. An entire bottle lol. While on our balcony enjoying the supreme view. Before heading to dinner.

It was magically magical.

Cheers!!!!

Now then:

YAK: We had Sweet Tomatoes for lunch today!!! It was actually Mellyman's request. After all the grind he gave me last trip. lol. Apparently... he really liked it. Not to mention the fact that so far we've eaten sooooo much meat this trip I think he needed a lil salad respite.

I tried the muffins this time. NOFRICK.

They were really good. I ate like five. Teen.

I will bring you back a Dole Whip, no probs.

It'll be a Dole melt sludge thingie tho.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't worry. We can share.

And by share... I mean: You will eat it and I will say it tried it right, right before and it's fine and enjoy!!!! But I'm good.

KIMMIE! Thanks!

You know what? Idk if it's actually working. This boring trippie. But... I don't care lol. I'm enjoying writing it. And the few people I care to read it are reading along. And it goes in the history books for the kidz. I actually like the lack of pressure. And it means I will finish. So... whatever. It's working for Me(l).

I'm glad you love Into The Mystic. It makes shivers go up and down my spines. And horns. A great powerful song. The lyrics are amazing. Beautiful. And romantic.

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming marriage! I am so happy for you.

Love that we're Borg on Space Mountain. Lovelovelove that you ride it for your grandfather even tho you don't want to!!!

Makes you special. In my books. So there.

What I'm sayin' here is this: Thanks to my Vikings for the "MAGIC" that was given to us this trip. It made it even more special. And I really can't believe it!!!

Cheers, Mel.

Edit: Ash IS creepy tho. I totally agree.

:car:

Hola!!!

Edit: Ash IS creepy tho. I totally agree.

*Ahem* I heard that! And you're probably right.

But you left out the most important part about last night. No, not that. Where did you eat?! Also, I'm impressed that you drank a whole bottle of champagne pre-dinner and were still up to post after midnight!

Kimmie, I do not think we have ever ridden BTMRR together. For some strange reason. Let's put that on the to-do list for our next visit!

And. It IS. Working. TFI. In fact, I'm hoping this most recent visit will be an add-on. Or its own stand-alone TR. Whichever works. I sense you will have more happyhaunt adventure stories to share and I don't want us to miss a one!

You're there now? Enjoy!

I also ride Space Mpuntain for someone. My brother, gone almost 19 years. As kids we'd run to ride it 2-3 times at rope drop. Now I'm older and find it jerky. DH has only ridden it twice, and only because he loves me. He's not a coaster guy, and at 6'6" finds it uncomfortable. DS is not brave enough for the thrill rides yet. Riding a jerky ride alone isn't so fun, but whenever I can get on with a shortish wait I take my memories of my brother along for a ride.

Go Jays! :)

HOOP DEE DON'T!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to be sad. For old times' sake.

The good news is I figured out how to multi quote. So I read the last few updates and picked about a gazillion quotes that left me DED. I was planning on quoting them and responding to each one. Which brings me to the bad news...I'm APPARENTLY not as smart as I look. Because I didn't really figure it out. Or else you'd be seeing quotes right now.

Cue ZZUB with some lame comment about cow colleges. And being obtuse and not dumb.

The fact is, there was some HUGE FUNNY over the last few pages. Don't listen to ZZUBBY WWUBBY BBUBBY BBUBBLES.

I was dying over you feeling your heartbeat in your thighs. Random, I know. But it's real. So real. Also, the description of you cutting through MK was spot on and completely put me there with you. Slicing through the crowds like a hot knife through butter. I am also a crowd ninja. TFI. Mr. LaLa and I have passd this skill down to the kids and the four of us can move through a crowd like you wouldn't believe. I think this is a skill best crafted and perfected at Disney. But still useful at other times as well. Between the girl and I, the local craft festival peeps didn't know what hit 'em last weekend. Is all I'm saying.

Gaston is Calvin! DED! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gaston! The character interaction there is some of the best around. The girl HAD to get a picture with him the last time we were there. As her work(out)-aholic of an older brother was standing around waiting for her to finish up while randomly flexing his muscles for passersby, Gaston noticed him and challenged him to an arm wrestling competition. It was HILARIOUS!! It went on forever and a day and Gaston and The Boy put on a pretty good show for the crowd. Just one more reason why we love us some Gaston.

How cool is it that you're back at Disney AGAIN?! Have a blast, Melly! Make sure you eat at Mexico and spray some LaLa perfume from Norway for me.

Also for old times' sake.

LaLa

P.S. Hey Ash!!!! Love you!

Edit: You have teens. You should know all about hittin' the quan. If not, ask ZZUB. I'm sure he hits the quan every morning as he walks into his office. If not, he should. With his clean pair of sneaks and his DEE-signer belt.

Last edited:
Whew! Finally caught up....reallifeinterruptus finally over.

Tapping fingers, waiting for more.. ..

:wish195HOOP DEE DON'T! (and we didn't)

(I believe that is "Georgia" font... but I don't know if this is the same or different "Itatians" heh)

Heh ehh ehhe heh.

Oh. I like how that looks. why can't I get this back to normal??? tho????

So. This seems right.

I think.

Anywho... got back today. very berry early in the morning and I'm soooo tired.

The General is good. The kids are good. We had Canadian Thanksgiving a week before (a week early tfi) with The General at The Presidio. And... The General met Alex huge Alex for the first time. It was a lovely moment because he not only hugged my General "Hello" but also "Goodbye" and didn't seem to be afraid her frailness or elderliness at all. And talked to her so nicely. Beth was so happy at how it all went... their first meeting. (Baba's a very important person to her! So much.)

I asked The General. Afterwards, what she thot of Beth's boyfriend????

She said, "He's big." lol. (Echoes of "Why is Mel(llyman) so TALL???)

But amazingly... "Also nice".

Smilies. all around. Cause... The General's word is very important. She's the Boss. NOTonyDanza.

What I'm sayin' here is this: Got home today. Great Disney trip. Problem with the fonts and colours. Other than that we did a completely different trip this time. Only one visit offsite to Sweet Tomatoes. Didn't even get groceries or go to Walmart. lol. Stayed onsite basically all the time.

Because I am afraid of Ash now.

I think.

Heh heh.

Back Tomorrow with fun stuffies.

Cheers Mel.

Roll crap!

I'm back!!!

And by back I mean... I have a sunburn on my fat donkey toothed face and I look like Rob Ford *exactly*. NOPorkypig. NORobFord. And... and can barely walk my legs are so sore.

We walked miles and miles on this trip. Had a few sprints. Too.

A couple were to restroom(s) ala Food and Whine. NOBathroominCanadaEpcot.

Now ZZUB cannot be the only one to have put that one REAL *out of commission*. NOLamarOdom.

Too soon??????

A few reply guys here:

Ashypoo!:

To be honest... I am neither creeped out or frightened of you. That would be making you... ZZUBish... in my mind. Who I am not creeped out by either. Just slightly frightened of. And extravagantly grossed out by.

See the slight difference???? There????

The night after we drank an entire bottle of champagne we headed to Cape May Café. By "taxi" lol. Seemed a good call. tfi. After, tho, we drove back. Jumping into an empty Disney Cruise Lines Bus which was just idling in the porte-cochere at the front of the Beach Club.

No we didn't!!! olo. Took another taxi. And stayed up real real late having lotsa fun.

Don't worry... you'll read all about our last trip in great boring detail. When I start the next trippie. After I finish this one.

Also, we really stayed onsite. And did 99 percent of our eating on Disney soil.

Thanks again for all your wonderful stuff!!! Heart u!!!

Tonga Toast: Go Jays!!! Yes we were in Disney again. Back now. I sad so.

You ride Space Mountain for your brother. I'm touched. And also saddened. *Real* saddened. It's different to ride it for your brother who has passed. Then your father or grandfather. Seems you lost him very young. I'm sorry.

He'd be glad you ride it for him I reckon!!!! HUGS!!! :)

LALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Hola!! Yes... the heartbeat in my Thai's. Feeling it right now still. You'd think I maybe hit the quan to hard olo. In white sneaks and ZZUB's DEE-signer belt. I'm in the know now. I am!!! And I DO have ZZUB's belt. Stolen this morning when I switched his Yoohoo mug with a similar mug filled with ExLax Clocolate *Shake n' Cramp* Good Mornings Flavour (Canadian style).

Hope he had a good day~

The belt is too much like it should be standing alone at The Osborne Lights rip. Kinda slutty. Even for ZZUB. I'm wearing it now with a plain long black skirt and, still, I'm looking like Lindsay Lohan. Rolling outta a Waffle House drunk to the gills despite extra whipped cream. Paired with a couple RED BULL.

Had to loop it around twice just to stay up tho. Heh heh.

Anywho... what I'm saying here is this: The heartbeat which seems to be settling in my thighs for good might pose a bit of an awkward problem when I go the the doctor next time.

It might be strange a lil bite to move the stethoscope nonchalantly from my chest to my upper thigh. Given that my doctor is a very attractive younger woman. Would it be a lil Lebanese????? Ish???? Or not????

Who cares???

I'm going to have to do it anyway.

Do you think Hilary Clinton is Lebanese?????

I do.

ok.

Moving on.

We DID eat in Mexico at Epcot. And I actually BOUGHT Layla *LALA* perfume in Norway!!! So THERE!!!

I like it cause it smells "FUNNY"!!!!

Cheers!!!

REDHATLADY: Where were u????

Had me a little bite worried. I was worried your red hat got lost. And you were out buying a new one. Or a pink one for Me(l).

Or you decided I wasn't your people anymore.

Glad you're back.

I missed you.

Did you have a stroke? Cataracts fixed? New orthotics dealy?

Heh heh.

Cheers, Mel!

P.s. New chapterish tomorrow. Got a load or two of laundry that's calling my name. I'm gonna wash Mellyman's whites with my red shirt and call us even!!!

An old grudge. There.

Roll Tide.

No, no, no! Had Red Hat event had to travel to......lotsa fun..... . ........too much gambling, sigh.

Air conditioning in home took a dump, at least it had cooled off a bite.....better now.. . . .. ....... .

Very other speed bumps in the parking lot that is sometimes my life........

waiting.......(good thing Mellyman looks great in pink!) NOFreddy Mercury

Thursday July 16th aka Part 6 of Day 5 aka More Parts to This Day Then Days in the Trip!!!! OLO

So (recap)... after I ate my Dole Whip Flo-AT and Mellyman tried it against his will but didn't mind it too much in the end...we headed back to check out the new Fantasyland.

Oh... I forgot a lil part in Part 5 1/2... heh heh

We also noted that Pirates was closed down and the line for The Jungle Cruise was pretty long. Too long for us to wait even tho we both love it. It corny corny corn corn. I suggested a little stroll thru the Swiss Family Treehouse but we didn't have any Fastpass Pluses for it either today. Dogdarn it. Also... Mellyman doesn't climb trees. He only falls asleep leaning against them in full camo gear loosely gripping his gun and snoring... when turkey hunting.

It least i think he's turkey hunting with his friend Eric. I really do. Altho now we're 12 years into it and yet not a *one* turkey has been shot. By Mellyman.

I call it the season of "Brokeback Turkey". And, and, he has yet to comment on all my notes left in his Michael Kors camo tote over the years. "Please bring home a turkey", "Please bring back a picture of a turkey", "Please bring back a Butterball". Ummmm "Turkey Wrap????" yada blah

If he does ever get a turkey... it'll be like worth $650 a pound. Figuring in all the gear, travel and food aka candlelit dinners for two dealies.

I'm gonna stuff that stinking turkey with foie gras stuffing. Or toonies. Or at least Botox him really really good. For the photo op. NOCaitlynJenner.

Moving on to Fantasyland now. Again. Back to where I ended off with the 7DMT, pork shank and Gaston ala Calvin.

After we giggled and Mellyman screamed laughter about our middle son's Gastonomy. We decided to hit an amazing new ride. *NEW* to us.

Spoiler. Not Amazing.

Sooooo not amazing that it was unexpectedly terminally disappointing. (Have you seen Grown Ups 2?) And. And lacking of any "Magic" or even "Imagineering effort". It was the MK ride equivalent of Stitch's Great Escape or Hall of Presidents or Country Bear Jamboree or eating *anything* at Pinocchio's Village Haus.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh wait. Those are all there too.

Well... this new ride is worse. And we waited waited waited and waited in line to do it too. In fact the best part of this ride was the line. The queue was nice.

If you're dying to know it was Under The Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid.

And the queue is really cool. It is. And you can play an interactive game with Scuttle by directing him with your finger to move stuff and gather stuff.

Mellyman watched me play it and then gave me the stink eye. I was directing the action using my middle finger on my left hand. Just for my own amusement. Little did I know how appropriately inappropriate the gesture was.

Being as the entire ride deserved the left-handed, middle-finger, Irish salute usually reserved for directing traffic while driving.

When we finally got on and rode. After like 45 minutes in line we just looked at each other in disbelief.

Apparently the Imagineers mailed it in. On the Pony Express.

No. I'm wrong.

They yodeled it in. From the Alps.

Alrightly. We're not fans. Is what I'm saying here.

So we had to figure out what to do next. At this point.

I sad, "What do you want to do Melly?"

He sad, "Well... I want and need a new hat. Plus we could try to find you a watch."

HUH???????????????

Mellyman is suggesting shopping????????????

Oh no. He's broken.

Damn you lil Mermaid!!!

We headed to Main Street and found him a hat fairly quickly. Nice beige baseball cap with a faded Mickey guy up front. Pretty cute on him tbh. And then we wasted lotsa time trying on hats and ears and laughing at each other. Taking pictures and worrying about possible lice, scabies and HIV.

I especially love when Mellyman wears Princess or Bride ears. He looks adorable and does it willingly and even smiles for Me(l). While I shriek and snort.

It's like our one day every year. The week after Christmas when we go to lunch together and then *shopping*. And I get to pick anything ANYTHING I want for Mellyman to try on. It's never the right size or his style. And it's the most fun day of the year for Me(l). But, he does it religiously once a year... every year... for me. We end up scaring people in the dressing room mirror area.

Usually cause he's crammed into too tiny white tennis shorts paired with suit jacket and fur lined earflap hat.

No shirt.

Crocs.

With SOCKS!!!

Baybeee!!!

As for the buying Me(l) a new watch thing. That was the icing on the cake. Cause I had my beloved Mickey watch bite the dust last Christmas at The Presidio. I headed there before everyone to do shopping and some cooking and baking. Ended up dropping my watch down a drain by accident. Tried and tried to get it out to no avail. Mellyman said to not use the sink and he'd get it out.

Everyone arrived and used the sink. Again and again before I realized. In the busyness and confusion which is our normal.

Mellyman finally got the watch out and it was ruined.

I was so said.

But we looked and looked everywhere on Main Street including all the shops and the jewelry store but it was no where to be found.

Said again. Time to leave.

We headed out of Dodge and straight for The Poly. Cause I wanted Mellyman to see what the new lobby looks like and I wanted to see it in real life too. Cause I'd been looking at pics for a long time. It was ok. I missed the rock waterfall rainforest gardens... but it is really big and open now. And is quite nice. Never will be the same to Me(l) but change happens in life. I can live with this one.

It still smells the same to me. And that was the most important thing in the end.

Then we went to the Tambu Lounge and got a beer each. Sat back and chilled our dills.

Debated trying to get into Trader Sam's to check it out but in the end we just finished our beers and headed out to find our tiny red car hiding in the MK Parking Lot.

We found it finally. After a bit of looking.

It was playing hide and seek in between a Range Rover and a pickup truck.

Cheeky devil!!!! NOZZUB

Cheers, Mel

edit: Epcot next and our final dinner at Disney.

:moped:

well, so much I could write.......not very awake as yet.

Computer problems seem to be resolved, until next time I'm sure.

Mel, you make me giggle, snort, chuckle, spit soda on my monitor and generally have a great time reading.......I have these visions of you two in the gift shops, and the general populace wondering wth you two are on? LIFE! Keep enjoying! xo

IMG_20150716_081850.jpg IMG_20150716_102157.jpg The photos from Day 5!!!!

Wish Me(l) luck here!!!

IMG_20150716_081850.jpg IMG_20150716_102157.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150716_122717.jpg
    IMG_20150716_122717.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20150716_125452.jpg
    IMG_20150716_125452.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20150716_195929.jpg
    IMG_20150716_195929.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20150716_195936.jpg
    IMG_20150716_195936.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20150716_200141.jpg
    IMG_20150716_200141.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20150716_200221.jpg
    IMG_20150716_200221.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20150716_200248.jpg
    IMG_20150716_200248.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49
Hi Mel!

Wait, what?

I thought you got banned or had dysentery or something. Well, welcome back I guess.

I see I have 16 some odd pages to sit and catch up on. Good thing I ate Korean food for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter