The THYROID Thread

Christine - how is your weather?

singing mom - with this snow coming I bet you wish you were on the plane now! When you said Broadway my ds2 told us that his girlfriend bought them tickets to go on sat. for his b day. I dont know how they will ever get there. She wouldnt say what they are supposed to see. I dont know if she could exchange the tickets for another time etc.

macraven - how is the endo search and the script stuff coming along? Did you look at any reviews on healthgrades etc?

Well I sent dh to the pharmacy. I hate going out in the cold at night. Of course the wonderful new plan wont pay for one med - its the vitamin pill from the hematologist. Then I had to have him argue with them since I already did on the phone to no avail about them filling the wrong old script for my vit d which she doubled the dose. They finally found the new script and filled it correctly this time after our insistence they look for the new order etc.

Now with all this bad weather I am gong to look into the three month thing and especially at vacation time too, guess it could come in handy.

We are getting ready for the storm here. Glad ds3 does not have to work at the hosp. this week end. We might go out for ds2 b day dinner tomm. before the storm and messy roads etc.

Just in waiting mode now. We are set for 18-24 inches the last report said. Can I admit that I'm a little scared? I *really* don't want to lose power. Historically, we have never had much of a problem as the majority of our lines are underground, but besides the heavy snow, we are supposed to get severe winds. I think I can deal with anything but a loss of power for an extended period of time.

Hope you survive this snowfall that looks like will be hitting your area.

One of my sons lives in the school area so I have been watching it

My flight leaves first thing Monday morning. I'm praying everything is cleaned up by then! I miss my girl!

Christine, loss of power during any storm is miserable
My son in the school area has been sending me pictures......
As if I don't remember what the streets look like during a snow storm

I suffered through many power failures so Ido understand your concerns
Hope you don't lose any power

So far, so good. No loss of power but the winds have been ferocious over the last 4 hours. They keep telling us it is going to end around 7-10PM.

singing mom - have a great trip. So wonderful you are leaving all this snow behind for sure.

Christine - saw your snow pictures. What was your total?

We had 18 inches of snow I think. The 3ds and dh cleared the driveway. It took all of them and the snowblower over 3 hours, that was the cars too. Ds1 went to visit a friend in the hospital. He said our main road in the development is terrible as well as another road we use alot but the main roads are fine.

Lets just say after this weekend I really want an empty nest for sure. I so value peace and quiet. I am sure ds3 made my blood pressure go up but I dont want him taking it. I need him to be as far away from me as possible.

I did manage to read a book and I enjoyed Texas Roadhouse for ds b day dinner. Too bad its so far away from our house.

I just came across this thread and wanted to say Hi, we just found out DS 9 has an over active Thyroid. His growth has slowed down and they became concerned so they tested him for a bunch of things and everything else was normal except his thyroid. I am waiting for the endocrinologist to call me back to get an appointment and I am getting anxious reading horror stories on the Internet.

I just came across this thread and wanted to say Hi, we just found out DS 9 has an over active Thyroid. His growth has slowed down and they became concerned so they tested him for a bunch of things and everything else was normal except his thyroid. I am waiting for the endocrinologist to call me back to get an appointment and I am getting anxious reading horror stories on the Internet.

What sort of horror stories? Probably best to stay away (although it is good to educate yourself). Remember, the internet is the only place where a hangnail could possibly kill you!

Christine - saw your snow pictures. What was your total?

We ended up with about 26 inches. Cleanup is ongoing and government was shut down today. I think it will open tomorrow as the subway seems to be almost at 100% now (I think). Commute will probably be nasty on local roads though. Lots of water that will, for sure, freeze tonight and you're just driving along and you lose a lane.

What sort of horror stories? Probably best to stay away (although it is good to educate yourself). Remember, the internet is the only place where a hangnail could possibly kill you!
you're probably right, I need to stay away from the internet! I was coming across stories of misdiagnosis and medications with bad side effects. Once we find out what the endo has to say I think then I will do more research. He has an appt. on wednesday to see what steps to take next.

you're probably right, I need to stay away from the internet! I was coming across stories of misdiagnosis and medications with bad side effects. Once we find out what the endo has to say I think then I will do more research. He has an appt. on wednesday to see what steps to take next.

Let us know how that goes. I wonder just how "over active" it is?

So we went to the endo and she thought it was crazy we were there, she said his growth did slow but still within a normal range and she also said the test that came back elevated was just slightly elevated and if they tested him again it could be normal now. So they are testing for antibodies now just to be sure their isn't a problem. I'm happy that there seems to be nothing serious wrong with him but man that doctor gave us a scare.

So we went to the endo and she thought it was crazy we were there, she said his growth did slow but still within a normal range and she also said the test that came back elevated was just slightly elevated and if they tested him again it could be normal now. So they are testing for antibodies now just to be sure their isn't a problem. I'm happy that there seems to be nothing serious wrong with him but man that doctor gave us a scare.

Oh, such good news. I'm glad the endo seems to be on the ball and, I definitely agree with the antibody tests. Hopefully everything will be normal (and even if it's not, it's all treatable).

MommaofftheRocker - glad to hear things went well for your son. Its good your ds is getting the other tests too. Sounds like the dr. is very thorough.

A new name I just read about: Daniel Norris of the Detroit Tigers. MLB has a little article about him and thyroid cancer. I am glad as any press brings more awareness. Interesting he went to MSK (NY center) and said they only took out half his thyroid.

Its a special day tomm...can you all guess what it is???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter