The THYROID Thread

I've had 3 root canals and one extraction

Would do the root canals again if needed

The molar that was pulled was because it cracked and part fell out
I went with a bridge for it
Cheaper and not time consuming

My husband had the dental implant when his molar was pulled and it took one year, lots of money and a lot of visits

I vote for the extraction

singing mom - happy for you that your levels are good and hope you enjoy your visit with your dd

OK my thyroid peeps, we have some special guests here tonight, Anna, Elsa come join us...queue music...For the first time in forever....
I had to have more pictures done at the sonogram today. I did tell my favorite songrapher that I had been sick and I thought my R neck felt "puffy"
She was taking a lot more time than her usual and I did hear her say..you have some large lymph nodes here. So she of course showed it to the radiologist who wanted more pictures which I had to do.

Tomm. I am going for the blood test so I am hoping the numbers are all good. We shall see.

If I do have to have a biopsy in the future my endo does them so I would rather probably have her do it than go see dr. who almost killed me etc.

Dh was sweet and took us out for a late lunch/early dinner after that one.

LMP--it's always very nerve wracking, isn't it, when you feel like YOU know how the sonogram should go and then they start taking more pics. I feel that way when I get my mammogram done. I'm always looking at the expression on their faces, how many pics they take, etc. I still have not scheduled my sonogram for my neck. I haven't had one since early 2012 and I'm on a 5 year plan with those, so my doctor just said "sometime this year, I guess" and gave me the order. Fortunately, it's been so long, I won't know what's normal and what's not but you've reminded me to make sure that I don't go if I've been sick. No need to muck of the results with glands that are swollen due to illness.

Well I threw in the towel and called the pcp group today. They said come in an hour. I got a resident but I didnt care. She was really nice and I was glad to just get in there.

They said the ear infection was gone but the sinus infection is still there. So now its another antibiotic and some cough pill I never had before.

She also wants to do a a chest xray because she says she hears something in my r lower lung. I told her my r lung doesnt work that well anyway.

I also asked her for another mammo script because I dont know what I did with the other one, so that is another thing on the to do list.

So its another week of antibiotics, we shall see. I am so sick of being sick. I feel lousy with a capital L.

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in, y'all. Time has just gotten away from me. Things are going okay, health-wise. I'm due for a neck ultrasound in a few weeks, and am getting an MRI on my pituitary this week, to screen for a "harmless" pituitary tumor.

Just wanted to let folks know I'm still alive-and-kicking. I finally started my trip report from December, too. :)

I think about all the posters here a lot.
I might not be posting a lot here, but all of you are on my mind.

Wish you the best squeegee on the ultrasound you will soon be having.
Want to read you had great results!

squeegee - glad to "see" you. Wishing you all the best with the mri and hope you get a good report!

Well tomm. is my endo visit and of course I have butterflies. I wouldnt even think so much about it but today was the last day of the antibiotic #2 and I can still feel the lymph nodes popping out by my R collarbone. I am not a medical professional nor do I claim to be, lol, but wouldnt it make sense after all the meds that they would go down etc. I know when I have an infection in the lymph node on my L side it went down after the antibiotic and it itched.

This is not itching and still puffed out so I am concerned. I will see her opinion on the subject.

Well I went to the endo. It was good, bad and ugly, lol.

The good: tsh is below one aka undetectable

The bad: She reviewed the sono and says to get it done again in June. She feels the enlarged lymph node is due to the infections I have.
She also said my liver enzymes are elevated so in 2 weeks I need to have a repeat blood test, She said it could possibly be due to the antibiotics

The ugly: First time this ever happened to me. She said the lab did not do 2 of the tests she ordered. They completely did not do the Tg test and the Vit D. WTH??? She said she would call them but I dont know if she really will because she told me to go back in 2 weeks and get those done along with the liver enzyme stuff. I watched the lab tech and she took 3 vials and some white tube. I questioned her about the white tube because I said I had never seen that before. She did explain it to me. I am not blaming her exactly. Maybe someone at the processing center did not process it correctly etc. But gheesh!!!

They are really good at sending me bills but maybe they can get the test right.

So she said she will call me and discuss all this when the results come back and just come back for the normal 6 month check up again.

squeegee - any results from the mri yet. I hope they are good!

Christine - how are you feeling? I am sure this took its toll on you.

Well I will probably go for the blood test Sat.

I also noticed that on my 6 month future blood tests she did not order the tg again. Is this normal? I thought she usually always orders it.

Starting to think of a May trip. Dh now has a new assignment in Boston, so I dont know when he has to go there or how frequently. He is going to the west coast the end of the month. And he now has some new bosses so I hope they will let him have the vacation time. I am still looking at a split stay between the Swan and the Yacht Club. I just love swimming in Storm Along Bay. I like the S/D pool too but its harder to get too and the water always seems a little cold.

Check in when you can.

LMP, thanks for asking. Not feeling great still. Haven't totally gotten rid of the temperature. Thought I was getting there but went back up to 100 about an hour ago. My cough seems worse today also. I just hope this improves. I don't have a primary care doctor anymore so that is part of the problem.

You should ask your doctor about the tg. Sometimes I think they forget. As low risk as I am, I still have it done every 6 months and I don't think that will ever change. But maybe they have a reason for it and it doesn't hurt to ask.

I was planning a trip to WDW a week or so ago when I realized we all might be able to get away the week after my son gets out of school and before he starts summer school. The airfare looked really affordable. But then I got this stupid flu and I can't do anything.

squeegee - any results from the mri yet. I hope they are good!

Christine - how are you feeling? I am sure this took its toll on you.

Well I will probably go for the blood test Sat.

I also noticed that on my 6 month future blood tests she did not order the tg again. Is this normal? I thought she usually always orders it.

Starting to think of a May trip. Dh now has a new assignment in Boston, so I dont know when he has to go there or how frequently. He is going to the west coast the end of the month. And he now has some new bosses so I hope they will let him have the vacation time. I am still looking at a split stay between the Swan and the Yacht Club. I just love swimming in Storm Along Bay. I like the S/D pool too but its harder to get too and the water always seems a little cold.

Check in when you can.

I'll find out about the MRI this coming Thursday. Fingers are crossed. I just don't need anything else to worry about right now. LOL.

A May trip sounds absolutely lovely. :)

squeegee - wishing you all the best tomm.

Christine - hope you are on the road to recovery. I know this thing seems to be keep hanging on with you. That happened with me too. Can you still think about a trip. When does summer school start. Our colleges here usually start June 6th or close to it.

macraven - did you find a new endo yet? Hope you are settled in and enjoying your new home

singing mom hope you have a nice visit with your dd. How are things going at Disney for her?

Well the endo called yest and left a voice mail. She said both the tg and liver stuff was good, ptl. I also did she she ordered the tg for the next 6th month thing and then she is doing a basic met panel instead of the comp one which she usually does. ,hmm.

I am still waiting about this lab bill stuff. I finally got some papers from the ins. comp. Apparently the hematologist ordered some test or wrote a code wrong that they wont cover. I will wait as I havent called anyone yet. But if its not covered I will we about $250, good reason I am not going to these people again. Worse they are only the monopoly around here so I think you have to go to one of their 20 bazilion offices if you have a problem. I guess I am also helping fund their corporate sponsorships of events and their lovely tv commercials around here. sigh, sigh.

Need to get in planning mode. I can never pin dh down about anything. I have been looking at dining. Sadly I am a creature of habit. Probably mostly signatures this time and of course must have Cape May for dh.

s

Christine - hope you are on the road to recovery. I know this thing seems to be keep hanging on with you. That happened with me too. Can you still think about a trip. When does summer school start. Our colleges here usually start June 6th or close to it.
Yeah, I still have this cough. I think physically though, I feel normal but the cough is almost constant and tiring.

My son's summer school starts on May 16th I think. He gets out May 6th, then has that following week off. The the 6 week semester starts.

i'm so behind here, but once i read what i have missed, will be back to posting.

hope all are having a great day.

and feeling better.

Well, has the doctors visit yesterday, and the news is mixed. There was no evidence of tumor on the MRI, which is great, but he still suspects a microscopic pituitary tumor, based on the bloodwork. As long as there are no symptoms from it, we'll just keep on monitoring it with bloodwork.

Bad news is that the ultrasound found two more lymph nodes, one of which needs to be biopsied. Ugh. Doing that next Tuesday. Fingers crossed that it's nothing.

squeegee - thinking of you today, sending prayers your way and hope the fna went well. Nothing says fun like getting jabbed with needles in the neck, lol! (Forgive my weird sense of humor. It kept me going lots of times on this journey)

Seriously, though, so sorry you have to go through this again.

Still trying to work on a trip. Some of the days I want the swan are sold out as well as the yacht club. There must be some kind of convention, so I told dh we will have to change the dates either to before or after. More research, sigh.

Also looking online for a condo for ds1. He has to be out of here in 18 mos, so no time like the present. I found a great one and it sold so fast, gheesh. One floor condos around here that are not for senior citizens are few and far between.

i have been thinking of squeegee today also.
she said tuesday was the day and here it is.

i wlll be going out of towm in the morning for the rest of the week, not sure if i will have wifi in the area i will be going to.
will try to check back in to sww how all are doing.

LMP, hope your son will be able to get the condo.
luckily he has time on his side so he does not have to rush right now seeking a place to move to.

hope all the others here are doing fine.
i'll try to be better in checking in here more regulary once i am back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter