The Solo Trip Which Led to a Vinylmation Addiction!** COMPLETE 4/8

They were yelling at everyone when DD and I went to get a pic with Tink and Periwinkle in January. I agree that they were somewhat rude. Perhaps they have had some kind of troulbe in the past ?? I dunno.

If you have the time, watch the fairy movies. They really are cute and I think most of them are on instant play on Netflix. They are very pretty movies, too. Lots of color and great animation.

She's Periwinkle. Peri, for short. My daughter and wife, "Pixie" and "Tink" to me, are huge Fairies' fans, so I've seen all the movies multiple times. :cool2:

Periwinkle is Tink's Sister! :goodvibes I used to think the Fairy movies were silly- until my ODD fell in love with Tink and loves to watch them! I really enjoy them now. However, I wish they would explain the connection to Peter Pan at some point. I think that they could do a story about how Tink and Peter met and it would be a cute movie!

Beautiful pictures in this update! That citrus swirl looks SO yummy!:thumbsup2

I really think all the lights on the castle make it sparkle during the day. It's so pretty, day and night!

Ugh, can't stand rude CMs. :headache:

I confess, I recently watched all the fairy movies and I kinda loved them! They were so much cuter than I thought. So the other fairy is Periwinkle! :goodvibes
It is very pretty! I love me some castle. I guess I have to watch the fairy movies. everyone seems like they love them!

Okay onto this report. LOL
Solo trips are the best. No one to hold you back or complain. You do what you want to do. Love it.
Starring Rolls is so good. The peanut butter cupcake is really good.
Great pics of the Osborne Lights.
Ooh Star Tours, my favorite at DHS.
That tree in the lobby is gorgeous. Cannot wait to stay there in December.
Love the fog photos. Looks great.
CP was a letdown to us the last we went. :O(
When we met Ariel she only had her top on with something under it and no other thing so maybe it was cold when you went or they got complaints.
Completely agree about Lefou’s Brew.
Looking forward to reading more.
Hi Scott! Yes it was veryy nice to do a solo trip. A little lonely at times but it was nice. I could definitely do it again. We are going back in December too! I am jealous you are staying there. That is one of my dream resorts.

omgoodness the hair on that guy's leg in POTC - it creeps me out every time too. And I can't NOT look at it, it's so terrible!
Lol it is gross. I can't help staring but the hair is disgusting. I am afraid of it falling on me.
I love how the castle looks in pictures! That blue almost matches the skies.

I always look at that pirate's nasty toenails too! YUCK!

Ugh Why do some people think it's ok to talk to everyone like they are a little kid? :confused3
I am not sure why they felt the need to yell at me! It is basically impossible for any castle shot to be bad.
She's Periwinkle. Peri, for short. My daughter and wife, "Pixie" and "Tink" to me, are huge Fairies' fans, so I've seen all the movies multiple times. :cool2:
Thanks! Did you like them? Everyone says they are good so I guess I gotta watch them.
I.m in for your TR. popcorn::
Thanks for joining!
They were yelling at everyone when DD and I went to get a pic with Tink and Periwinkle in January. I agree that they were somewhat rude. Perhaps they have had some kind of troulbe in the past ?? I dunno.

If you have the time, watch the fairy movies. They really are cute and I think most of them are on instant play on Netflix. They are very pretty movies, too. Lots of color and great animation.
That is weird that they yelled at people when you were there. They must like try to maintain secrecy and not let you look inside before you are allowed in? I dunno, it was weird. Thanks for the recommendation on the fairy movies. Maybe I can start up a netflix trial!
Periwinkle is Tink's Sister! :goodvibes I used to think the Fairy movies were silly- until my ODD fell in love with Tink and loves to watch them! I really enjoy them now. However, I wish they would explain the connection to Peter Pan at some point. I think that they could do a story about how Tink and Peter met and it would be a cute movie!
Everyone likes the fairy movies! I do need to watch them badly!
Beautiful pictures in this update! That citrus swirl looks SO yummy!:thumbsup2
It is sooo delicious. I can't wait to have another one
i wish april would hurry it up! pixiedust:
me tooo!!! April hurry up!!!
Following from Facebook Group. Loving your reports.
Hi Carla! Glad you are joining in! Cute profile picture!:thumbsup2

After the fairies we were going to have lunch at Be Our Guest since it was time for Emmebear and Emme to leave!

We walked through the hub to the right of the castle and we knew that a show was going to be starting soon. Emmebear said we better hurry because if it starts Emme is going to want to watch the show.

We made it halfway across the road and then all of a sudden music starts! The show was starting.

She was right: emme wanted to watch the show and got so excited to watch it. So we went over to watch it and she was enthralled. It was funny.

IMG_3776_zps4bfdbaa2.jpg

IMG_3778_zps8fe87f69.jpg

IMG_3779_zps92a6d4cc.jpg

IMG_3780_zpsc7d7ac00.jpg

IMG_3782_zpsd2770573.jpg

The sky was gorgeous. I was so worried about the weather this day but it was a perfect day. Warm but not scorching and sunny with a bit of clouds.

We made it to BOG and the line wrapped around the entire drawbridge past the menu. I could not believe it was that long.

IMG_3783_zpsf9074362.jpg

I was sooo excited to eat here. I love finally experiencing these things for myself.

However we had a problem. Emme was having her first meltdown. She was crying because she wanted this light up Minnie where her skirt spun and lighted up. We just let her cry in her stroller and knew she would get over it.

But the line attendant said we couldn't take our stroller in. Emmebear told him that Emme was having a meltdown and was about to fall asleep and they let her take the stroller in line.

Luckily she stopped crying and then turned into a happy girl! We just dropped the stroller off at the entrance.

This area was very cool. I loved the water under the bridge and the sounds of the forest.

IMG_3785_zps0f8692a7.jpg

These guys were cool and fun to photograph.

IMG_3787_zpsb368d428.jpg

IMG_3788_zpsbac822ec.jpg

IMG_3790_zps63fa6afe.jpg

We finally made our way to the entrance after about 25 minutes.

IMG_3791_zps7d29b849.jpg

I can't believe people wait this long for a quick service entrance.

IMG_3793_zps702352b4.jpg

IMG_3795_zpse9b460a9.jpg

IMG_3798_zps2083448e.jpg

Emme took some pictures in front of this statue.

IMG_3800_zps515d9e04.jpg

This creepy guy greets you inside.

IMG_3803_zps7795cc39.jpg

And this beautiful stained glass is to the left.

IMG_3801_zps0eb9d50f.jpg

Then you wrap around to the right through the area with the knights where there are menus to read from.

IMG_3808_zps5bb7ae26.jpg

We probably waited about 35 minutes to order. For some reason I thought you ordered on your own but they have people to order for you when you get in.

IMG_3811_zpsd5f6ce1e.jpg

I am not sure what I was doing with Emme but I was making her laugh hysterically. It was funny.

Next up: Our Dining Experience

I ordered the croque monsiuer with the french fries and the strawberry cupcake.

We ate in the library room. I liked that room because it was the brightest and it had comfortable cushioned banquettes where you can sit and relax.

IMG_3816_zps86b987e8.jpg

IMG_3818_zpsd5abe05f.jpg

IMG_3819_zps13ad3f88.jpg

IMG_3821_zps1c699f01.jpg

I liked how we were still served the christmas cups.

IMG_3822_zps1041a730.jpg

IMG_3823_zps19e4a3d8.jpg

IMG_3824_zpse4ceac56.jpg

The sandwich was very good hot. It was served with a bechamel sauce inside which is like a cheese i think. It was good and tasty. It got a little hard when it was cooler but I still enjoyed it. I wish I could have got something different besides french fries. I didn't eat any of them. I am not a disney french fry fan.

The cupcake was definitely hard to open. Those wrappers are impossible to take off. My strawberry dropped on the ground :(

IMG_3825_zps0390145f.jpg

IMG_3826_zpsc3841180.jpg

It was very good and light and perfect size. There was a delicious strawberry mousse inside that was my favorite part.

After we ate we toured the rest of the restaurant. I loved the paintings and drawings in the library room. I wish you could purchase copies.

IMG_3830_zpsb3862d46.jpg

We walked into the ballroom next.

IMG_3831_zps2fce49de.jpg

I looked down at the beautiful rose tiled floor and noticed that there was huge chunks of tiles missing already!!!

IMG_3832_zpse0e67a47.jpg

I couldn't believe it! This restaurant is a few months old and there is already floor tiles coming out? It was a lot too!!!

IMG_3833_zps9172ed4e.jpg

IMG_3833_zps9172ed4e.jpg

IMG_3836_zps5221b135.jpg

I liked the rose room the best but it is very dark and I light to see what I eat.

IMG_3838_zps128f09e6.jpg

IMG_3840_zps45bea261.jpg

IMG_3846_zps9f94bdcd.jpg

I absolutely love this mosaic when you walk out. I think it might be my favorite feature.

IMG_3847_zpsf0939c78.jpg

IMG_3848_zps4211af9e.jpg

They were clearing out lunch so the line was closed.

IMG_3854_zps63557c3e.jpg

One of me and Emme in front of the mosaic.

IMG_3857_zps9cfe13e0.jpg

All in all we had a great time here. I can't wait to try it again.

I might be wrong, but I BET that eventually they will be self-service ordering, because I remember reading that about it at first. But I think right now the crowds are so crazy they are trying to make it as easy as possible, so instead of helping those guests that cannot use a computer, just put an attendant there to make that part run smoothly!

I can't wait to try lunch at BOG! We loved our dinner there. I had the same cupcake!!

I can not wait to try Be Our Guest. It looks lovely inside. Hopefully they have fixed that tile floor. Such a shame about them coming unglued already.

After lunch it was time to say goodbye to my new friends! It went so quickly but we had a great time together. I am going back in a month to visit them again. I just bought an annual pass too!!! Yikes! I am scared of the amount of money I am going to spend this next year.

Back to the show:)

We wanted to ride one last ride before they left. They have never been on Haunted Mansion so that is what we decided on. I was a little worried about Emme being scared but she seemed like she was a brave girl.

I took this pic in the graveyard to show my sister because her boyfriend's name is Dave. However I never showed her because they just broke up again last week for the third time! He is an idiot and broke up with her three times but she got back with him each time. I hope they are done for good this time.

IMG_3860_zps2c550558.jpg

IMG_3861_zpsf27218e2.jpg

Emme did get a little scared in the stretching room and was crying a little. She was fine on the ride though. She was a brave girl!

After this ride I walked them out of the park. We stopped in the Emporium and she bought me pajamas. Well i bought them but she used her discount! Picture of those coming later!

Then they left:sad: That was sad. I was upset because I was all alone now!

So I went back into the emporium to look around! I found this cute shirt that my sister would like.

IMG_3862_zps76e90109.jpg

After that I went into the Town Square Theatre because I wanted to meet Rapunzel! There wasn't too long of a line only 15 minutes.

IMG_3865_zps8f64bfaa.jpg

IMG_3866_zpsbe2c0947.jpg

There was a bunch of foreign families in line! It is cute watching foreign kids try to communicate to the characters.

The CMs came in and were calling someones name and I could have sworn they said my last name. I asked them if they meant my last name but they didn't come back so I don't think they were calling me. I was worried for a minute though.

I met Rapunzel and she was cute! She spent a long time with me. I appreciated that.

IMG_3868_zps4f6ede5c.jpg

She said we were twins because our names started with R. Then we posed the same way. I talked to her about her new bathrooms that were being built and asked if she was happy to have a new home. I told her I listen to her soundtrack all the time! Haha!

When I came out this is what I saw!:crazy2:

IMG_3870_zps77658761.jpg

An Annual Pass??!?! Woooohooo!!! I'm totally jealous! :thumbsup2

I went back and forth on Cortlyn on the Haunted Mansion, but we didn't ride it this trip. I figure we'll catch it on the next trip… whenever that may be! haha
Yikes on that group outside Townhall!

Congrats on your AP!!!

Too bad your friend had to leave... but I'm glad yall had fun! Cool that you get to see them again!

Aww, I love Rapunzel!! Sounds like a fun interaction!

Joining in! So jealous you got to go in November AND January and now have a season pass! So lucky!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip:)

I just started reading your trip report and it is so funny/good! I actually laughed out loud about the nipple incident! Sounds like you had a really good time and really hit it off with Emmebear. Congralations on getting your AP! Now you can get lots of discounts on all sorts of things, including your Vinylmations! You will save so much money having a pass. (That is what I tell myself about having one.:lmao:)

I might be wrong, but I BET that eventually they will be self-service ordering, because I remember reading that about it at first. But I think right now the crowds are so crazy they are trying to make it as easy as possible, so instead of helping those guests that cannot use a computer, just put an attendant there to make that part run smoothly!

I can't wait to try lunch at BOG! We loved our dinner there. I had the same cupcake!!
I remember reading about the self service ordering too. Maybe there will be an option because those desks in there were definitely not removable.
Great trip Report :) :surfweb: I ate at Be Our Guest for lunch In January and loved it, glad you did too :rotfl: x
Yes, it was a very nice lunch!
I can not wait to try Be Our Guest. It looks lovely inside. Hopefully they have fixed that tile floor. Such a shame about them coming unglued already.
You will love it!!! It is a really great place and so nice to finally see it. It was just weird about the floor that the place was falling apart already. lol
An Annual Pass??!?! Woooohooo!!! I'm totally jealous! :thumbsup2

I went back and forth on Cortlyn on the Haunted Mansion, but we didn't ride it this trip. I figure we'll catch it on the next trip… whenever that may be! haha
Yikes on that group outside Townhall!
I know I am feeling very guilty about this annual pass. But I know I am going back in December so those two trips with a PH save me money! I didn't actually buy the AP yet but I bought a ticket on UT and then I will upgrade it once I am there. I saved $28!!
Congrats on your AP!!!

Too bad your friend had to leave... but I'm glad yall had fun! Cool that you get to see them again!

Aww, I love Rapunzel!! Sounds like a fun interaction!
It was a fun interaction. We are sooo excited to see each other again in a month!! We are loving planning this!
Joining in! So jealous you got to go in November AND January and now have a season pass! So lucky!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip:)
Thanks for joining in!!
I just started reading your trip report and it is so funny/good! I actually laughed out loud about the nipple incident! Sounds like you had a really good time and really hit it off with Emmebear. Congralations on getting your AP! Now you can get lots of discounts on all sorts of things, including your Vinylmations! You will save so much money having a pass. (That is what I tell myself about having one.:lmao:)
Hey there!!! Haha about the nipples!! That was definitely the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I am not sure what that person was thinking. I am excited about the AP but a little guilty. Yes technically you are saving money on the tickets but spending a lot more on flights and food! I just got a Delta skymiles credit card so hopefully I can get more miles for a free flight and I get free luggage!:cheer2:

Just catching up because I'm real behind!

A little fun fact about that pirate guy, I am also afraid of him as a child I thought his leg would fall off and land in my lap. Recently I learned that the hair on his legs is actually real :crazy2:

Oh be our guest, what a beautiful place. I had the same problem with with opening my cupcake when I went. I don't get why they decided to go with those wrappers.
Oh my goodness!!! How is the floor already falling apart?

yay yay yay for another trip planned and getting an annual pass!

Just getting caught up on your last few updates!

Didn't you love Be Our Guest? I thought it was so amazing! Such a beautiful restaurant! I had the Croque Monsieur too, and I loved it! The fries were good, you should have tried them! They weren't your typical Disney fries, they had some seasoning on them that's really good! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your AP! I was tempted to upgrade my park hopper to an AP when I was just in Disney, but I decided against it, on the slim chance that I wouldn't be going back this year! I LOVED having an AP! :cool1:

I wanted to meet Rapunzel, but we just didn't have time! I'm glad she spent a lot of time with you, I like when the characters spend just as much time with adults as they do with the kids! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter