• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The so-so trip..March madness is at WDW *Updated 7/27* Final thoughts

Welcome back, Scott...can't wait to hear all about Aruba.

I cannot believe the line for the People Mover...I don't think I've ever seen it like that.

I'm with you, I cannot handle the smell of the cars on the raceway...makes me nauseous.

I'd hold off for Poly DVC...but then the Grand Floridian holds no appeal to me at all.

I can't wait to hear about Kona for dinner. We've done breakfast, but never dinner.

I can't ride the cars at the tomorrowland speedway the gas fumes give me a migraine.

I love the boat ride over to the Poly, I can't wait for GFV to finish to stay there, if DVC adds the Poly, I probably will add on again.

Your Aruba pictures are beautiful :thumbsup2 - my dad actually just head to Aruba today. I miss the Caribbean already.:(

Great pictures!!! I am hoping that when we retire from up north my husband will work at Disney driving one of the boats. I love the boats too. :)
Thanks.
I would love that job myself.

Wow! :faint: I have never seen a line-especially a long one-at People Mover! Loved the Aruba pics-blue water was beautiful! I was planning on watching the water parade and Hallowishes from the Poly beach after dinner at Ohana-is is a good spot or should we take the monorail to the GF?
it was long but it did go quickly so that was good.
Thanks. I had a great time there.
Poly is more directly straight on. Over by GF you are watching it from an angle.

Welcome back, Scott...can't wait to hear all about Aruba.

I cannot believe the line for the People Mover...I don't think I've ever seen it like that.

I'm with you, I cannot handle the smell of the cars on the raceway...makes me nauseous.

I'd hold off for Poly DVC...but then the Grand Floridian holds no appeal to me at all.

I can't wait to hear about Kona for dinner. We've done breakfast, but never dinner.
Thank you.
it was long. Scared me at first.
You would think they would try to fix it and make it better for nowadays.
I have to stay at GFV first to see if I like it before I bought in.
Coming up soon but you will be down there and I hope you have a magical trip.

I can't ride the cars at the tomorrowland speedway the gas fumes give me a migraine.

I love the boat ride over to the Poly, I can't wait for GFV to finish to stay there, if DVC adds the Poly, I probably will add on again.

Your Aruba pictures are beautiful :thumbsup2 - my dad actually just head to Aruba today. I miss the Caribbean already.:(
I can understand that.
Tikiman says it has happening as I follow him on FB so I hope it is true.
Thanks. Lucky him. Beautiful island though a little bare on one side.

Great pix of POP !! Vinny has good taste !!! I have only stayed at Pop cuz the first time I loved it and have not changed my mind since !! I have made a friend in the Gift shop she has been ther since at least 2007 and I make a point of finding her each time !!!

Holy cow, I've not seen a PeopleMover line since my first trip 20ish years ago:eek:

LOVE the boat pictures from MK to Poly :goodvibes Off to check out the Aruba pics :flower3:

Just popping in to tell you that I'm all caught up after being gone to Disney for almost two weeks. The pretzel that Vinny got looks so good! I could go for one right now. Pretty pictures taken from your boat right over to the Poly.

Great pix of POP !! Vinny has good taste !!! I have only stayed at Pop cuz the first time I loved it and have not changed my mind since !! I have made a friend in the Gift shop she has been ther since at least 2007 and I make a point of finding her each time !!!
Thanks. :lmao: of course he does he is with me. ;)
We like it there. The quiet pool by 50's is always quiet and peaceful and we like that.

Holy cow, I've not seen a PeopleMover line since my first trip 20ish years ago:eek:

LOVE the boat pictures from MK to Poly :goodvibes Off to check out the Aruba pics :flower3:
We were very shocked. It did move quickly so it wasn't too bad but shocking at the length.
Thank you.

Just popping in to tell you that I'm all caught up after being gone to Disney for almost two weeks. The pretzel that Vinny got looks so good! I could go for one right now. Pretty pictures taken from your boat right over to the Poly.
Welcome home. I am following along and cannot wait to read all about it.
That pretzel was delicious. Me too.
Thanks

We got off the boat and of course he was far ahead of me.

Looks so nice and relaxing here.

I see the light. LOl

We got to Kona and Vinny checked us in. I was really hoping Vinny would like it this time as the last 2 times he did not. The first time the steak was so grisly and fatty and then the breakfast we had there he also hated. Wish me luck. Our buzzer went off rather quickly.

The menu:
First off I had the backscratcher as a drink.
Backscratcher - $9.75
Bacardi Superior rum, Myers's Original Dark rum, and passion fruit juice topped with Jack Daniel's and a bamboo backscratcher.
You can see my drink on the left.

Here is the backscratcher.

Vinny had wine and we both had the light pomegranate lemonade.

Next up were the apps:
Scott –
Lump Crab Cakes - with jalapeno-lime cream $11.49

Vinny –
Portuguese Bean and Sausage Soup $6.99

Next were the entrees:
Scott –
Sesame Seared Sea Scallops - with rice, wakami salad and tarragon-champagne beurre blanc $18.99

Vinny –
Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna - served with tempura fried vegetable maki roll and red wine reduction $22.99

Finally, the desserts:
Scott –
Kona Kone $5.99

Vinny – (Bad pic)
Banana-Chocolate Creme Brulee - with a chocolate spiral $5.99

Review:
Amazing! I love this place. Breakfast or dinner I would always go here. The drink was okay I think I will stick with a Lapu lapu.
The bread and macadamia nut butter is always superb.
My app was delicious.
My scallops were incredible and Vinny loved his tuna and it is back on the good list.
The Kona Kone I was disappointed in and will stick with the cheesecake next time.
It is on the list for December.
The meal itself was on the DDP but the drinks and apps were on TIW. The total for that part was $38.94 with discount and tip.

Then we went into the gift shop and little market and bought a few items and then headed back to the resort.
I have no clue where this pic was?

Then we went out to get the monorail.

Here it comes.

And then no more pics. We got on the bus and went back to the resort. We had no issues with buses except for one night with Aubrey and Lincoln but that is later on.

When we returned to the resort we got milk and then we went to sleep.

Up next,

We hit Epcot…

Still enjoying the TR, Scott. We love Kona, too, and hope to get there in Oct. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

We are fans of Kona, as well - both breakfast and dinner. ::yes::

We don't get to see the merchandise??? :sad:

That mystery picture was taken from the exit to the monorail station looking back toward Kona on the top floor and the lobby downstairs. Your second picture shows the same waterspray just from a straighter angle.

Caught up again. Love the pictures from the boat on the way to dinner. That is just one of my favorite water routes.

Love the Kona cafe. Also one of my favorites. Your meal looks delish and I could go for one of those backscratchers right about now. :thumbsup2

That's also a cool picture of the fountain.

Love Kona for breakfast!!! :) I'm actually a fan of the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes!!! YUM!! :thumbsup2 However, I can never finish the whole thing! :rotfl2: Only ate there once for dinner & can't remember much about it.....guess it was ok.

I think the drink looks and sound delicious:thumbsup2 The train pic is the best! Really nice. Sorry, about the family that cut in line. I'm guilty of sending the husband to get fast passes while me and the kids wait at another line. DH always felt bad about cutting...... We only did it like twice. (Hangs head in shame)

The Peoplemover is such a nice little ride. We were going to do it again on our MK evening, but the line was quite long. I was surprised.

Glad Vinny enjoyed dinner at Kona! Your crab cake looked so good. Yumm!

Yay, my extra Disney perception knew you were headed to the Peoplemover! ;) I can never get good photos of the castle since the cars move too fast for my cheap camera! Good shots.

I'm glad you liked your Kona dinner. That bread sounds good... not sure if it is the same as the bread at 'Ohana... do you know? We are eating our first non-breakfast there next trip so I'm very interested to see what people like for dinner. I'll just mark the Kona cone off the list.

BTW, I saw some photos of the GF villas open house tour from someone who shared them on FB. The rooms are very Victorian themed - especially the tub. But the kitchen is so cool. I hadn't heard that Poly may get into the DVC action.... that would be great!

I love Kona and would eat there every trip but the family doesn't. So good!
I would to. :thumbsup2

Still enjoying the TR, Scott. We love Kona, too, and hope to get there in Oct. Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Thanks. I hope you do.

We are fans of Kona, as well - both breakfast and dinner. ::yes::

We don't get to see the merchandise??? :sad:

That mystery picture was taken from the exit to the monorail station looking back toward Kona on the top floor and the lobby downstairs. Your second picture shows the same waterspray just from a straighter angle.
:thumbsup2 it is so good.
Honestly I do not remember what I bought. The receipts are very generic. I think it was Listerine strips. :rotfl2:
Aah, I figured it was on the way out to the monorail. Thanks.

Caught up again. Love the pictures from the boat on the way to dinner. That is just one of my favorite water routes.

Love the Kona cafe. Also one of my favorites. Your meal looks delish and I could go for one of those backscratchers right about now. :thumbsup2

That's also a cool picture of the fountain.
:thumbsup2
Thanks. me too.
I honestly was not crazy about the backscratcher. it was good but I love the Lapu Lapu.

Love Kona for breakfast!!! :) I'm actually a fan of the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes!!! YUM!! :thumbsup2 However, I can never finish the whole thing! :rotfl2: Only ate there once for dinner & can't remember much about it.....guess it was ok.
Me too. Tonga toast or the big kahuna. YUM! oh those are good too. If it does not stick out as bad then it is okay in my book. LOL

I think the drink looks and sound delicious:thumbsup2 The train pic is the best! Really nice. Sorry, about the family that cut in line. I'm guilty of sending the husband to get fast passes while me and the kids wait at another line. DH always felt bad about cutting...... We only did it like twice. (Hangs head in shame)
Thanks. :rotfl2: no need to hang your head in shame.

The Peoplemover is such a nice little ride. We were going to do it again on our MK evening, but the line was quite long. I was surprised.

Glad Vinny enjoyed dinner at Kona! Your crab cake looked so good. Yumm!
it is just so relaxing. I have no clue why the line is long sometimes. :confused3
it really was.

I love Kona for breakfast-haven't had dinner yet. One day I will make it!
You definitely should try it.

Yay, my extra Disney perception knew you were headed to the Peoplemover! ;) I can never get good photos of the castle since the cars move too fast for my cheap camera! Good shots.

I'm glad you liked your Kona dinner. That bread sounds good... not sure if it is the same as the bread at 'Ohana... do you know? We are eating our first non-breakfast there next trip so I'm very interested to see what people like for dinner. I'll just mark the Kona cone off the list.

BTW, I saw some photos of the GF villas open house tour from someone who shared them on FB. The rooms are very Victorian themed - especially the tub. But the kitchen is so cool. I hadn't heard that Poly may get into the DVC action.... that would be great!
:thumbsup2 Thanks. I took about 6 on multi shoot and picked the best.
it is not the same as 'Ohana. The scallops are very good and Vinny loved the tuna. The cheesecake there is so good.
I saw the pics. Still deciding about buying. I am hearing rumors on FB of it. Not sure if it true or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter