The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

Bella was saying 'Mine, mine, mine' this weekend along with the seagulls on a youtube video. She's a mess.

Glad you got some good food at Pepper Market. I've gone in there to take pictures before, but I haven't bought anything. We got a quick breakfast at the smaller cafe one morning. CSR is a pretty place.

I hope you got a good cheesecake. Sometimes they are dry, but when they are good, they are good.

Glad you got some good food at Pepper Market. I've gone in there to take pictures before, but I haven't bought anything. We got a quick breakfast at the smaller cafe one morning. CSR is a pretty place.

I hope you got a good cheesecake. Sometimes they are dry, but when they are good, they are good.

The first time I stayed at CSR I had less than stellar service. This past time, the food was better and the service overall was better. The desserts were delicious.

As for the tye dye, I think I have had 3 now, 2 great and 1 so-so. Cheesecake as well as the red velvet combo takes a "magical" touch.

499DHSholidaydecorations.jpg

I saw this window when were in DHS and couldn't for the life of me remember why it was so familiar! I knew I had to have seen it in a TR but couldn't remember whose! :laughing: :laughing: And, of course, I got some pictures of my own of the same thing! :goodvibes

great view of the fireworks, we have watched them from the FW beach but there is more in the way there, your beach view was alot better.

I saw this window when were in DHS and couldn't for the life of me remember why it was so familiar! I knew I had to have seen it in a TR but couldn't remember whose! :laughing: :laughing: And, of course, I got some pictures of my own of the same thing! :goodvibes

Over the past year I have looked for what others have taken pictures of. I have also found some things that I have never seen before.

I can't wait to see what you "saw".:goodvibes

great view of the fireworks, we have watched them from the FW beach but there is more in the way there, your beach view was alot better.

I LOVE the fireworks from the Poly beach. That is my must do every trip. The best thing is I can do it even if I never step foot into a park or even if I ever stay off property. :goodvibes

You had two very full days. I bet you were tired at the end of it. At least you were in WDW.

I made the most of the days I had before the conference started. I was looking ahead and my part time is substantially cut down over the next few days. However, because of the conference and how it is set up I got to do some very cool things that not everyone can do. :goodvibes

Your pictures of the CSR convention center bring back memories for me. I remember looking at the murals and I saw the pixelated Mickey heads on that chandelier.

My kids did that KimPossible mission in Norway in '09 and I was in awe of that final surprise, but I didn't think to get out the camera until the sign turned back into a Norway poster.

Yeah, people always seem to get in the way of pictures at Disney. :mad:

And, as I said on my thread, I love your new avatar picture! :thumbsup2

Wow, where have I been? I missed so much action and so many updates!!! Looks like you can get a lot done on a solo trip, but can really wear yourself out doing it! Four parks in one day.....I haven't ever tried that, but DSs have done it before in one evening, just hitting all the thrill rides/coasters!!

Your pictures of the CSR convention center bring back memories for me. I remember looking at the murals and I saw the pixelated Mickey heads on that chandelier.

My kids did that KimPossible mission in Norway in '09 and I was in awe of that final surprise, but I didn't think to get out the camera until the sign turned back into a Norway poster.

Yeah, people always seem to get in the way of pictures at Disney. :mad:

And, as I said on my thread, I love your new avatar picture! :thumbsup2

The Coronado is growing on me. The first time I stayed there I was not thrilled. I felt the service overall was not "Disney". I am glad to say that was either an isolated incident or they have improved and retrained people over there.

I think having stayed there now 3 times I think the memories of good times as well as having some great customer service moments make we want to repeat here. The refurbed rooms don't hurt either. :)

As for people walking through pictures. :laughing: If it could be like that move "click" I think, where I can just click and stop everyone for a moment to take my picture and then resume. Yeah that would be great.

This will be my holiday avatar. Then, if I like the way it turns out, Liesa had the perfect idea. But it will wait until January. :cutie:

Wow, where have I been? I missed so much action and so many updates!!! Looks like you can get a lot done on a solo trip, but can really wear yourself out doing it! Four parks in one day.....I haven't ever tried that, but DSs have done it before in one evening, just hitting all the thrill rides/coasters!!

I think between being out in the woods and playing with spoons you were busy. :rolleyes1

Glad to have you back.

I was tired but it was a good tired. I knew that if I ever felt like I just had it I could stop and go back to the room or change my plans without disappointing anyone.
As the conference starts to ramp up the park time gets a bit less. I still have time to play but not all day.

You may be able to get pictures with wooden spoons in all 4 parks in the same day. There is a challenge. :woohoo:

Wed Oct 21
Up early and packed up. At EPCOT last night I got a snack but did not have room to eat it.
101POPEpcotSChoolbread-1.jpg

The school bread from Norway. I enjoyed it and it is an inexpensive snack that if you like coconut is really yummy.
A couple pictures of the bedspread.
102POP50sspread.jpg

105POPspread80.jpg

Glad I did this because with the refurb in the rooms, this too will go in the archives.

It was approaching 8 am and time to make my
108POPwayyellow.jpg

109POPout.jpg

I was in time to see the 8 am twist.
110.jpg

I passed my bags to luggage service to transfer to the CSR. I did not have to report to the CSR until 2pm. I had the morning to hit a park and maybe cross another thing or two off the never done list. :cool1:
I hopped a bus and was able to catch this at the light.
112POPentrancesign.jpg

The wonderful Disney bus took me here.
113OVertoEPCOT.jpg

Up until this point I have always booked the package with tickets and had hoppers and sometimes added the WPM passes. A few times as a family I have also added the no expiration option so we would have the flexibility to skip a day at the parks if we chose to.
This time I was by myself. I had tried to talk a friend/colleague into attending the waterpark conference. She could not work her schedule to do it and was not so sure since she teaches at the University on how exactly much she could gain from this conference on Waterparks.
HOWEVER, I was able to work on talking her and another friend into a possible trip to WDW soon.
Both of them had never really been to WDW. One friend I will call B went with her family when she was 3 and well, doesn’t really remember it. The other friend I will call A went to EPCOT for a day trip with a group on a swim trip. Yup virtual newbies.
Another quick phone call to them to double check and see if they REALLY wanted to go would make a difference on how and what I would do next.

They wanted to go !!!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: Now I was about to take that plunge. That swan dive into the pool that looked so inviting.
Already having an 8 day pass that came with my package I made my way to the ticket booth. I also had been saving Disney Visa Reward points. A wonderful CM was able to take care of me and upgrade my measly 8 day pass to this…
114SAyYEahformyannualpass.jpg

An annual pass. :cool1::cool1::banana::banana:
The best part, I only had to really “pay” about $2.00 to do it. The rest came from Reward points.
Now I felt I was part of the cool kids club so I continued my way to the turnstiles, with an extra skip in my step. Little did I know what was to come as a result of this little transaction. :rolleyes1 :eek:

I was still early for rope drop so I made my way in and was lucky to be right at the rope on the Soarin side.
Out comes the characters
115EPCOTRDPluto.jpg

117EPCOTRDGoofymickey.jpg

118EPCOTGoofyRD.jpg

A nice CM from Soarin
116EPCOTRDSOArCM.jpg

Another CM doing some “cleaning” :eek::scared:
120EPCOTnosePickerRD.jpg

As we are released the Sunshine Seasons crew welcomes us
123EPCOTwalktoSoaringwavingCM.jpg

Up until this point I always used the FP line so I was curious about these screens. I grabbed my FP but got in the stand by queue as well.
124EPCOTSoaringgames.jpg

126.jpg

No games- too early and the line was not long enough yet ;) Something for another time.
Getting briefed by Puddy.
124EPCOTSoarinPuddy.jpg

A great ride as always and now off to the other side of Future World.
126EPCOTMSEarth.jpg

Another walk on. Time for a pit stop and then
129EPCOTTTQueue.jpg

131EPCOTTTpic.jpg

Look here comes Rafiki- If you have not noticed yet, up until this time I have not stopped for characters. I guess I figured being an adult and without kids it would be kind of silly. I guess having that annual pass in my lanyard pouch was already working its magic.
I wave
132EPCOTRafiki.jpg

And they stop for me!!!!! This may actually be my first character picture!
133EPCOTmeandRafiki.jpg

I walk back towards the land to use my Soarin FP and go through the back of the Character Connection behind Club Cool.
Here I find the history of the Florida project.
134EPCOTtimeline65-82.jpg

135EPCOTtimeline82-82.jpg

136EPCOTtimeline82-85.jpg

136.jpg

137EPCOT94-04.jpg

138EPCOT03-07.jpg

139EPCOT05-07.jpg

I arrived back here
140EPCOTLAndsign.jpg

Time to use this
142EPCOTSoarinFP.jpg

143EPCOTSoaring.jpg

On the way out I spot this.
144EPCOTLANDgarbagecan.jpg

It is still early, just after 11am and I have another mission I seek to accomplish but alas it is not at EPCOT.
I make my way out. As I walk to the entrance, I spy this guy looking for mischief.
146EPCOTstitch.jpg

Look at all the late risers.
148EPCOTcrowdscomingin.jpg

Do I take this for my mission?
151Monorailorange.jpg

NO

I walk here.
152EPCOTgoingtoPO.jpg

Now what do I want to do there?
This is what arrives first.
155DEADheadtoriverside.jpg

It is a Deadhead riverside bus. Hmmmm. I talk with the driver a bit. They areon Mouse on demand during the park openings. This guy was just going back to Riverside to basically start over. From Riverside she would get instructions of which park and then at that park get instructions on where to go next and so on. Of course now I cannot remember if what I want is at Riverside or French Quarter. No big deal I know I can get from one to the other pretty easily … right???
158ArrivingatPORRS.jpg

159PORSLobby.jpg

160PORRSMill.jpg

I walk through and realize this is not the right place. Off to catch a river taxi to FQ. You would think this would be easy to do. I have never been over to this resort before and well just did not look at the signs. I find myself wandering.
162PORRSsigns-1.jpg

I wander by the pool but no pictures I guess.
163PORRSMansions-1.jpg

After wandering for about 15 minutes I essentially walk a big circle and finally find the boat launch.
164PORRSBoatTaxi.jpg

166PORBoatwrights.jpg

The boat finally arrives. Time to take a load off my tootsies.
165POrRSHerecomestheboat.jpg

Some lovely scenery as we cruise down the river.
167PORRSscenery.jpg

168PORRSsceneryfromboat.jpg

171PORFQ.jpg

178PORFQpoolserpent-1.jpg

The boat captain reminded me a little bit of Adam Sandler. He was from New York but I do not remember his name.
180PORBOatcaptainfromNY.jpg

Now I find a map to look at. Better late than never.
180PORmap.jpg

185PORFQSass.jpg

Getting closer
188PORFQSASSjester.jpg

This is what I am after.
193PORFQSASSmenuboard.jpg

While I wait for them to make them.
189PORFQSASSicecreamcones.jpg

190PORFQSASSsunmask.jpg

191PORFQSASSsunskylight.jpg

192PORFQSASSmanmask.jpg

Finally these beauties are ready…. But way to hot to eat. D’oh
194PORFQSassbeignets.jpg

I make sure I keep my treasure far from the jazz playing alligators
195PORFQSASSgatorsbypool.jpg

I make my way back to the boat. In hindsight this was a mistake. I assumed that like the Epcot Boardwalk resorts if a boat ran them no busses would run. WRONG.
Look another map. This should have been a clue.
196PORFQmap.jpg

A nice boat ride past the Treehouses. Another dream I have is stay in one.
198PORtreehouse.jpg

199PORboatTHV.jpg

This boat captain cautions any who wish to stay in a Treehouse with a river view to use the shades at night!

Getting closer to DTD.

207PORboatSSR2.jpg

211POrboatDTDCIF.jpg

214PORboatDTDHoB.jpg

Finally here.
220PORBoatDTDsign.jpg

It is now 12:45. Remember I need to be to CSR by 2pm to start a session. I wanted to be sure to get there early, check in go to the room etc. I also had to burn another CS meal.
Will I make it?

I wanted to explore DTD. Today was not the day I could do that. I was too pressed for time so I look for the straight route to the busses. More like a ‘Family Circus’ straight line.
221DTDCAPtjack.jpg

222DTDgoofys.jpg

223DTDrainforestcafe.jpg

225DTDtinkertoys.jpg

226DTDpathtobus.jpg

?????
227.jpg

228DTDmap.jpg

Finally after a 10 minute walk
230DTDbusstoptoCSR.jpg

Knowing I could be waiting for a bus forever I was getting nervous. I am never late. It makes me wonder if the beignets were worth it.
I wait
231DTDbusstopmickey.jpg

And wait. Finally a bus.
233DTDherecomesbus.jpg

The time is 1:06pm.
Now we need to stop at Pleasure Island
234DTDpastTrex.jpg

Then we get to stop at Typhoon Lagoon. We proceed to arrive at EVERY red light as we go down . Buena Vista Blvd. 8 red lights! They all pretty much looked like this.
236everyotherlightred.jpg

We finally pull into CSR at 1:40 pm. I race off the bus, thank goodness that El Centro is the first stop coming from DTD and not the last as the park busses are.
I race off and run to check in.
240CSRlobby.jpg

I wait for the CM to check me and take the opportunity to look around.
241CSRlobbymural.jpg

242CSrlobbymural2.jpg

I am given my room assignment. I am booked in the casitas but do not have time to seek out the room. Apparently I do not have time to look on the map either to really see where the room is. Dun, dun dun.

I walk down to the convention center and drop my stuff. I still have my beignets, so I tuck them carefully away. I hope they keep.
I run to my room assignment and spend the next 4 hours catching my breath from my adventure. This session is all about those who are considering development of a waterpark so I just listen to the dry conversation and make sure everyone has what they need.

I am released shortly before 6. I need to rush to the room and get ready for the Kick off reception at 7pm in the Casitas courtyard.
I am in search of this room.
243CSR1stroom5170.jpg

I walk, and walk, and walk. I am about as far away without being in the ranchos as I can get. Coronado Springs is set around Lago Dorado. The parking lots are on the outside perimeter and that is also where the bus stops are.
I weave my way through the buildings and find my room. My view
244CSRwayoutinmiddleofnowhere.jpg

I am on the outskirts of nowhere. As you can see by the sky, it is starting to rain. There is no way to get back to the main building easily without getting soaked. I call the lobby. I see if I can request a closer room. I don’t normally mind the walk but I know in a day or two I am going to be carrying lots of stuff and I remember last time being in the cabanas and having cramps from carrying all the stuff.
Also if it rains, I will be a drowned rat before I even get there.
I was assured I would be called back and given a new room. I was assured I would be picked up by a golf cart to take me to that new room. I was told to wait where I was. I waited outside in the rain.

246CSRhallwaytoCSR.jpg

248CSRCasitas5.jpg

I finally went in
250CSR5170room2wind.jpg

I had a corner room with 2 windows.
I finally get sick of waiting and walk up to El Centro. This is where I encounter the best CM, Fernando, I think. He speeds the process up. I mention needing to get some food ( I have1 CS left) and he sends me to Pepper Market, assuring me one I get my food I will have a new room. I quickly get food and inhale it. I return to the counter and I am all set.
After about an hour I am finally shown to my new room in casitas 2 which is past Casitas 3. ??
I really don’t think this room is really any closer but I do have the benefit of walking under the cover of a building if needed and I can enter more directly to the convention center.
Now, my next mistake. I call for my luggage, mistakingly think they can just deliver it. Nope I must be in the room to receive it. I take pictures of the new room while I wait.
251CSRroombathroomdoors.jpg

252CSRdoorsopen.jpg

253CSRvanity.jpg

254CSRbathroom.jpg

255CSRbathroomdetail.jpg

256CSRcloset.jpg

257csrdresser.jpg

258CSRmirror.jpg

259CSRwindow.jpg

260CSRottoman.jpg

261CSRbedrunner.jpg

262CSrbedrunnermickey.jpg

263CSRbed.jpg

263CSRbolsterHM.jpg

265CSRdoordetail.jpg

I wait some more and I am finally getting to an event that started at 7 by around 8pm. ARRHGG This was my melt down moment of the trip. I seem to have one every trip and even alone this one would be no different.

The event ends at 9 and basically just a reception with appetizers and drinks.
I had to get out of my funk and EPCOT was the way to do it.
I arrive by 9:20. It is EMH.
268EPCOTnightball.jpg

You say goodbye, I say hello.
270EPCOTfountainCmsayingGB.jpg

I wandered around the world going counter clockwise. I passed through the UK and found some interesting items.
274.jpg

275EPCOTswrdsinUK.jpg

279EPCOTUKroom.jpg

Moving on to France.

284EPCOTFRanceBelewindow.jpg

287EPCOTFranceeasel.jpg

289EPCOTFranceFountain.jpg

Keep on walking.
290EPCOTMorocco.jpg

293EPCOTMoroccobuilding.jpg

Looks like all those darn people are somewhere else.
294EPCOTMoroccoTIleroom.jpg

295EPCOTmoroccotilefountain.jpg

Hello camel
296EPCOTmoroccoCamel.jpg

302EPCOTball.jpg

I will leave you here. Relax and listen to the evening EPCOT music. :)

OMGosh, Pat~ Mega update~ I was never sure if you were going to make it ANYWHERE the whole time!! Like you, I hate to be late, so I'd have been stressed thinking I was going to get a big spanking at 8:00 when I showed up!! :scared1: Sooooooooo.... were the beignets worth it??

Wow, what a day!! :scared1: I love it how having an annual pass changed your way of touring the parks! ;) I have heard this numerous times from DVC owners that knowing that they would come back made them slow down. Sounds like the AP did the trick for you! :goodvibes

You are attending a waterpark conference? That sounds interesting!! :goodvibes

Wow! Huge update...so much to comment on.

:cool1: for a $2 Annual Pass (sort of). Did I miss the answer to your cliffhanger?

I see you are carrying your mug with you...can you tell me about that? Where can you fill them at the parks? We saw people carrying theirs, but didn't really know how to take advantage of that.

Oh no, if you passed the pool at POR, you are going the wrong way if you're trying to find POFQ. But you already know that now. :)

:rotfl2: A 'Family Circus' straight line! If I know what that is, does that make me old?

Why, oh why, does it take so long to take a bus from DTD to anywhere? They seem to want to make it a hub of transportation, yet....it sucks.

Ah yes, the hunt for a room in the Casitas section. I know it well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter