• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

My stomach is growling! Wow, oh wow, yummmmmmmmmmmy!

Glad you made it on the plane safely - I've totally schlepped on 50 pounds in my carry-on and another 30+ in my "personal item"....but I was moving cross country. :laughing: ;)

I have GOT to get this picture next trip, from a slightly lower angle so the crown is exactly on her head!
I realized I did not get down enough when I got home. I tried again at some point but you really have to get down and I am only 5'2". You may need to get a clear shot first thing and use the castle wall to either sit or lean against.
I hate that smilie disappeared before I could comment!
I am trying to find it again.

I'm thinking this sounds really good!
I've heard some pick-up lines in my day, but that guy is smoooottthhhhh!
The drink was good, I like cherry,even Robitussin. Remember that line Marv, but you really have to play it sincere. If we think you are feeding us a line, you will crash and burn and find that drink in your lap. :lmao:

My stomach is growling! Wow, oh wow, yummmmmmmmmmmy!

Glad you made it on the plane safely - I've totally schlepped on 50 pounds in my carry-on and another 30+ in my "personal item"....but I was moving cross country. :laughing: ;)
You are so New York. Correct use of schlepping made me :rotfl2:. I can hear that with the Midwest accent.

that's exactly how I feel about cherry. It is not a drink I'd order!

:rotfl:
That's why I figure I would add that, I noticed it. It was not the cherry Icee flavor but a bit more tart, like black cherry I guess.

Marv
This is for you.
smilie_x_056.gif

mmmmmm those looked pretty good and i like that you can use the snack credits for a lot of them....i guess that will be a trip to take and stay at FW, and book a 2 week stay on the counter service so i can have 2 snack credits for each day banked up.
:thumbsup2

The waffles and the Iced coffee
IMG_0353.jpg

The Belgian waffle was delicious! :)

Good but bite size.
IMG_9397.jpg

And so very rich! I took a tiny bite, and I think Brooklynn did, and Jill ate the rest. I need to figure out how to recreate this one at home for her.

You tried way more things than we did. We got a lamb slider, a kimchi pork lettuce wrap, the lava cake, a Belgian waffle, and the seared beef tenderloin, and I think that was it. We might have tried a couple more things, but or cousins called and said they were on their way into the park to meet us, so we headed back toward Soarin', and as you know, we didn't get to do any return visits to parks on this trip. It was good to see all of our pictures. I wanted to try that Spanish Almond Cake. It was on my list. Maybe next year. The Pecan Bread Pudding is the most scrumptious dessert I think I have ever had at F&W!

Thanks for the leftovers. The girls enjoyed the munchies and I will be sharing the leftover leis at school.

mmmmmm those looked pretty good and i like that you can use the snack credits for a lot of them....i guess that will be a trip to take and stay at FW, and book a 2 week stay on the counter service so i can have 2 snack credits for each day banked up.
:thumbsup2
I had QSDP in 09 and loved it.

:woohoo: Yeah Baby!!!

Oh wait, don't want to ruin my rep around here. What I meant to say is :scared1:

Riiiiiight Glad you enjoyed.;)

Thanks for the leftovers. The girls enjoyed the munchies and I will be sharing the leftover leis at school.

I am glad they could be put to use. I hope the goldfish were in decent condition.

Now where was I ...

I had just made sure that I had evidence of Mickey and Minnie's house before they destroy Toontown.

I wandered back along the secret path to Tomorrowland. I found a couple of little creatures.
309lizard.jpg

Back in the land of Mr. Tom. As I stroll through pictures of this trip, I realize how much as just changed in a year over here.
311TLship.jpg

At this point this stage was a new addition.
312.jpg

The Buzz meet area which may have been new too.
316Buzzmeetarea2.jpg

A quick spin on Buzz
321Buzz.jpg

yielded this result
322hignscore.jpg

Taking a break on this ride with the now vintage sign
324TTAsign.jpg

AWWW
326robotTTA2.jpg

There will be no dancing
327nodancingsign.jpg

Walls up since this too was before refurb
329TTAviewSM.jpg

inside SM
340TTASMlaunch.jpg

341TTAsmreopeningsign.jpg

344TTAfront3.jpg

Back towards Main street

347TKcastleview.jpg

Heading towards
360signforfrontierlandandlibertysquare.jpg

A secret place to see a parade
361sercretviewingareforparadebyLS.jpg

362LSsign.jpg

363castlefrombridgetoLS.jpg

366Christmasshoppe.jpg

A special treat
367TReeinChristmasshoppe.jpg

368MAgicalMomentscerttree.jpg

A few ornaments to choose from
372s2.jpg

369ornaments.jpg

Continued next post.

Apparently I need to stop here
376cutthroughbathroom.jpg

Afterward I had the shock to see this
377whatintheworld.jpg

on my way to get on of these.
378BTMRFP.jpg

Crowds for the day
379frontierlandcrowd.jpg

Another area that has since been updated
383FLgoofy.jpg

Starting to get crowded on this Sat Afternoon
384FLcrowd.jpg

It is also approaching lunchtime. Time for a break.
385CHHforlunch.jpg

I got a seat by a window.
388windowview.jpg

I don't seem to have a food picture, but I think I had the shrimp basket and apple tart for dessert.

Time to ride
394herecomesmytrain.jpg

398BTMRmountain.jpg

On the way out I spot these guys.
401WoodyandJessie.jpg

Finally about 2pm I felt done. Crowds were building and I was determined to step back and rest a bit. So I walked out and went back to
406backtoPOP.jpg

Would I be able to relax? How long will my relaxing last?

What a great TR, I loved it!
Just got back from the F&W but after seeing those pictures I want to go back!!!!!

I'm filing this away. ;)
I'm guessing I need to quit using the "speedo sighting" comments now??? :rolleyes1

Pat, nice updates! Really cool the little decorated tree in the Christmas Shoppe, and I'll have to remember that little parade viewing area! I'm guessing Miss Boots and Short Shorts didn't know you snapped that picture and turned around to snap you........:laughing: You should have waited for more of the Tramp Stamp to show up!!! ;)

What a great TR, I loved it!
Just got back from the F&W but after seeing those pictures I want to go back!!!!!

party::welcome:party: Glad you are enjoying it.

I'm filing this away. ;)

Of course you are. :rolleyes1

I'm guessing I need to quit using the "speedo sighting" comments now??? :rolleyes1

Pat, nice updates! Really cool the little decorated tree in the Christmas Shoppe, and I'll have to remember that little parade viewing area! I'm guessing Miss Boots and Short Shorts didn't know you snapped that picture and turned around to snap you........:laughing: You should have waited for more of the Tramp Stamp to show up!!! ;)
I think Punkin mentioned that secret parade spot as well. As for Miss Boots and Short shorts, the shirt may have actually been up a bit more but fell when she shimmied away. I figure if something like makes me stop and go WHOA I should at least share. ;) I am a stealth shooter. :laughing:

It's so neat to see what changes from year to year. Disney really is constantly improving.

I relaized as I was going through those pictures how many changes there were. Judging by how many walls were up this last trip, many more changes to come.

Well, when I left you I was heading back to POP for a break. I vowed to relax and take in the sights at the resort. After reading about POP from MeMom I had to see all the little details.

I was staying in the 50's building so I walked out and back by the lake.
411goingonawalk.jpg

All the way back to the beginning .. or the end depending on which way you are going.:laughing:
412startattheend.jpg

I snapped away at everything in sight.
413-1950.jpg

418-1955sign.jpg

I looked across the lake. At this time there were no plans for these buildings.
420-ledgendaryyears.jpg

Hey look a garbage can :laughing:
423POPgarbagecan.jpg

427-redyoyo.jpg

I came to the bridge to nowhere.
I wonder what they are going to do with these? How are they going to tie the 2 resorts together? Will this bridge still go nowhere or somewhere?
439-1900.jpg

443-1940.jpg

I wonder if this bird will stay? I think the bird finds it just as peaceful as I do.
449ledgendaryyearsside.jpg

Continuing on.
458-1971sign.jpg

Safety First
491Noswimming.jpg

497-1989sign.jpg

End of the road
511-1999sign.jpg

512endoftheline.jpg

You don't think I would stop there. I had to see if I could get a peek.
513peekingthroughthefence.jpg

A little silliness
515havingfun.jpg

Walking back around the 90's
519rogerrabbit.jpg

Little did I know I would stay here too.:)

The time was now
521timeatpool447.jpg

I had walked through 5 decades and was ready for more magic.
Heading to the bus stop.
528backtothebusstopMK.jpg

I will take requests on any sign someone may want to see. I believe I do have all the years and all the bridge year signs.

After my leisurely walk around POP I headed to Magic Kingdom.

I had to slow down and look around the train station. With nobody, incuding myself rushing me, I took the time to see all the train station had to offer.
530Mktrainstationplayfootball.jpg

531Mktrainstationplaycowboy.jpg

534MkTrainstationNarrowbridge.jpg

535MkTrainstationmusic.jpg

536Mktrainstationplaqueundermusic.jpg

538Mktrainstationrideruntrained.jpg

540herecomesthetrain.jpg

Where will I get off?
I had a mission to cross something off my "never done" list.

Was it this?
542LibertyBelle.jpg

Nope. Done that.

Tom Sawyers Island. Yup. Never been over there. At least not alone and free to explore.
541goingtotomsawyersisland.jpg

I was welcomed.
544WelcomesigntoTSI.jpg

545MAPofTSI.jpg

546MineSignTSI.jpg

Finally found this.
547FortLanghornTSI.jpg

548BlacksmithshopTSI.jpg

549escapetunnelTSI.jpg

550exitTSI.jpg

551bridgeTSI.jpg

552BTMfromTSI.jpg

553CaveSignTSI.jpg

554insidecaveTSI.jpg

555barrelbridgeTSI.jpg

556HauntedMansionfromTSI.jpg

557fenceonTSI.jpg

558signsonfenceTSI.jpg

559bonamisignTSI.jpg

Time to head back to the Mainland.

Those last two updates took me lots of places I've never been before! Nice guided tour through Pop and Tom Sawyer Island! :thumbsup2 I guess I have so much more exploring to do, which is great since I plan to return many more times in the future! :banana:

Back on the mainland I seached for adventure.
I never knew this
561plazadelsolcaribesignupclose.jpg

Was here
560plazadelsolcaribeAdventLand.jpg

Where else to start but here
562PoC.jpg

The wait was short enough
While waiting I had a chance to see some art.
564Mickeyart.jpg

I do remember meeting a guy in line who was surprised when I called it Cast Member Art. He was convinced I was special since I knew all employes were called CMs. I am not that special, right?;)

567jailscenePoC.jpg

Time check
568TowerTimecheck635.jpg

Strolling through Adventureland, I found these
569seatinginadventureland.jpg

I guess there were once tables too?

What details..
570waterfountain.jpg

571closeupwaterfoutain.jpg

It was starting to get dark. I had a chance to watch this.
572sunsettinginMK.jpg

575sunset4mk.jpg

579sunset6.jpg

584LBBTMRsunset.jpg

I opted for a slow ride around on the Liberty Belle
586alligatorswampLB.jpg

588indianvillageLB.jpg

It was almost time for a parade.
592castleviewback.jpg

Look now there are chairs at the secret parade watching location.
593bemchesinsecretarea.jpg

Next up - an "old parade".

For those who miss this parade.
597Spectrohorns2.jpg

600Spectro3.jpg

605Spectroguitar.jpg

607SpectroChipDale.jpg

608SpectroPeacock.jpg

612Spectrogodmotherpink.jpg

618Spectrotinyfish.jpg

625Specrtokingtriton.jpg

632SpectroEvil2.jpg

634Spectrocinderella.jpg

642SpectroEnd.jpg

Sorry about the blur.

After the parade I opted for more rides
643Hmnight.jpg

644IASWentrance.jpg

649IASWITALY.jpg

It was time to head out.
660Castleorange.jpg

I stopped to listen to some late music and dance lessons
669Musicdancewindowclear.jpg

671Seeyapumpkins2.jpg

672yarealpumpkins.jpg

675soonpumpkinsclear.jpg

I know I got a better shot this year.

The long walk back to the POP bus stop let me get this shot.
678CRnightbest.jpg

Back in the room by 10:40pm.
What will I discover tomorrow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter