The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Which Lakes buildings would you avoid? I've read that you have to be careful with the buildings in Fountains II as the ones near I-4 have noise issues, but thought it was just an issue for the buildings that are situated right along the highway.

Thanks again!

We took a stroll around the resort a few times.....on one of those walk-arounds, we went specifically to the end of the Lakes buildings to see if you could hear traffic noise from those (buildings 2, 3, and 6). Standing at the end of each, you could definitely hear road noise (there is only a maintenance yard between those and the highway.....nothing really to block any sound), though its not what I would consider horrible. I don't know how much you would hear inside the villa, but definitely you would hear at least some from the balcony if you were assigned to a villa on the end of those buildings that are closest to the I4. We were fine in Lakes 1.

We took a stroll around the resort a few times.....on one of those walk-arounds, we went specifically to the end of the Lakes buildings to see if you could hear traffic noise from those (buildings 2, 3, and 6). Standing at the end of each, you could definitely hear road noise (there is only a maintenance yard between those and the highway.....nothing really to block any sound), though its not what I would consider horrible. I don't know how much you would hear inside the villa, but definitely you would hear at least some from the balcony if you were assigned to a villa on the end of those buildings that are closest to the I4. We were fine in Lakes 1.

We're looking at a Floating week as the week of my son's April school vacation can vary a bit from one year to the next, so I'll have to be sure to try to avoid those buildings when we have reserved and put in our Diamond Lane request. How was the pool noise in Lakes 1? That's right by the pool, correct?

I love the Vistana and can't wait to go back!

We're looking at a Floating week as the week of my son's April school vacation can vary a bit from one year to the next, so I'll have to be sure to try to avoid those buildings when we have reserved and put in our Diamond Lane request. How was the pool noise in Lakes 1? That's right by the pool, correct?

I love the Vistana and can't wait to go back!

When we were there the first week in May, there were times where the pool was completely empty. All in all, its a quiter pool with shorter hours (didn't open until 8 am, closed at 10 pm) so we didn't find the noise bothersome whatsoever.

Good luck on the purchase!! Be sure to let us know when the deal is all done and you are officially an "owner"! :thumbsup2

Are there any good places to eat within walking distance to the resort?

We arrive in the late afternoon, and my kids would love to go back to a place that was located just outside of the resorts entrance - I can't remember the name of the place, but it had steak and burgers and peanuts. We'll be tired after traveling for 24 hours, so I just don't fancy going on a long trip to locate food if this place has shut down or moved....

Are there any good places to eat within walking distance to the resort?

We arrive in the late afternoon, and my kids would love to go back to a place that was located just outside of the resorts entrance - I can't remember the name of the place, but it had steak and burgers and peanuts. We'll be tired after traveling for 24 hours, so I just don't fancy going on a long trip to locate food if this place has shut down or moved....

There is a Hurricane Grill & Wings near the Walgreens on the exit to the south side of the resort (nearest to the Lakes, Fountains I and Fountains II sections). I think it was some kind of steakhouse at one point, but it has reopened as a new establishment. There's a Wendy's and a Chick-fil-a in that same general area, too.

Across the 535 from the south side of the resort, there's a Cici's Pizza.

You could also eat right on property at either Zimmies (apparently they have an all new menu since the refurbishment), the Cascades Bar & Grill, or the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill.

Hi everyone,
My family and I are 24 days away from our first ever trip to Orlando and week long stay at SVR. I have a few quick questions for you guys. First, when should I put in my diamond lane requests? Second, which sections would be best to request or likely to get based on our requests? Here are the requests we want:
We check in on Sunday July 12th for a 2 bedroom villa
1st floor or building with an elevator due to mobility impairment
Near Zimmies, market place, or cascades grill
Close to super pool or fountains pool
Area away from highway noise
When can we check in online?
Lastly, does SVR still have the refillable tumbler program, and where do you get them? Also, do you reserve the cabanas at the front desk or are they first come first serve?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you!

Hi everyone,
My family and I are 24 days away from our first ever trip to Orlando and week long stay at SVR. I have a few quick questions for you guys. First, when should I put in my diamond lane requests? Second, which sections would be best to request or likely to get based on our requests? Here are the requests we want:
We check in on Sunday July 12th for a 2 bedroom villa
1st floor or building with an elevator due to mobility impairment
Near Zimmies, market place, or cascades grill
Close to super pool or fountains pool
Area away from highway noise
When can we check in online?
Lastly, does SVR still have the refillable tumbler program, and where do you get them? Also, do you reserve the cabanas at the front desk or are they first come first serve?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you!

Hi Kirstyn,

Let's see if I can help with some of your questions:

Diamond Lane: submit the online form 2 weeks before your arrival date. :thumbsup2

Lakes and Cascades are the only two villages that have buildings with elevators. Your Sunday check-in could find you assigned to Lakes, Cascades, Fountains I, Fountains II, Palms, Falls or Springs (but *should* exclude Spas and Courts). As the Fountains, Palms, Falls and Springs buildings are all stairs-only access to up the upper villas, be sure to note your mobility limitations on your Diamond Lane request.

Zimmies, the Marketplace and Cascades Grill are all on the south side of the resort (near to all sections except Lakes, Fountains and Fountains II). The north side of the resort, where Lakes and Fountains are located, feature the Tacky Tiki Bar and the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill. Along the same vein, the Super Pool is on the south side of the resort while the Fountains pool is on the north. So regardless of where you are assigned, you should be close to at least one of the "main" pools (Cascades is the third main pool, plus there are 4 additional "smaller" pools with less extended hours).

"Away from highway noise" is most of the resort :). The only affected buildings will be those that border the 535 or the I4. Just be sure you note on your Diamond Lane form that you don't want a building that borders either of the highways.

Once you submit your Diamond Lane form, you will check in upon arrival directly with the resort (there's nothing more to be done online). Just head to the Welcome Center and they will take good care of you from there. They will give you a map of the resort, show you how to get to your specific villa, provide you with a resort activities schedule.

I am pretty sure the refillable tumblers are still available :drinking1. You can purchase the cups at the Tacky Tiki Bar, the Cascades Bar & Grill, and Zimmies (maybe the Marketplace too? but I'm not 100% sure about that).

There is no charge for the poolside cabanas, loungers or tables/umbrellas, and you cannot reserve them in advance. Use is on a first come, first served basis.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if there's something I missed!

Last edited:

Hi Kirstyn,

Let's see if I can help with some of your questions:

Diamond Lane: submit the online form 2 weeks before your arrival date. :thumbsup2

Lakes and Cascades are the only two villages that have buildings with elevators. Your Sunday check-in could find you assigned to Lakes, Cascades, Fountains I, Fountains II, Palms, Falls or Springs (but *should* exclude Spas and Courts). As the Fountains, Palms, Falls and Springs buildings are all stairs-only access to up the upper villas, be sure to note your mobility limitations on your Diamond Lane request.

Zimmies, the Marketplace and Cascades Grill are all on the south side of the resort (near to all sections except Lakes, Fountains and Fountains II). The north side of the resort, where Lakes and Fountains are located, feature the Tacky Tiki Bar and the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill. Along the same vein, the Super Pool is on the south side of the resort while the Fountains pool is on the north. So regardless of where you are assigned, you should be close to at least one of the "main" pools (Cascades is the third main pool, plus there are 4 additional "smaller" pools with less extended hours).

"Away from highway noise" is most of the resort :). The only affected buildings will be those that border the 535 or the I4. Just be sure you note on your Diamond Lane form that you don't want a building that borders either of the highways.

Once you submit your Diamond Lane form, you will check in upon arrival directly with the resort (there's nothing more to be done online). Just head to the Welcome Center and they will take good care of you from there. They will give you a map of the resort, show you how to get to your specific villa, provide you with a resort activities schedule.

I am pretty sure the refillable tumblers are still available :drinking1. You can purchase the cups at the Tacky Tiki Bar, the Cascades Bar & Grill, and Zimmies (maybe the Marketplace too? but I'm not 100% sure about that).

There is no charge for the poolside cabanas, loungers or tables/umbrellas, and you cannot reserve them in advance. Use is on a first come, first served basis.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if there's something I missed!

Thank you so much!

We just go back from a week at the Vistana, and it was wonderful! All of my diamond lane requests were met. We had a beautiful 2 bedroom in fountains, top floor with skylight ceiling, in building 4. We were very close to the pool, and the tacky tiki bar . We haven't been there in 5 years, and it seemed so updated. Our only issue, very minor, was that the dishwasher wasn't very powerful, especially the utensils .....they never came out fully cleaned.

For the last few days dh and I have been pricing out several scenarios for a Disney trip. We were die hard onsite people for many years and tried offsite for the first time last year. We loved the Vistana! I do really enjoy staying onsite for a Disney only trip because of some of the perks and immersion but I'll tell ya, I just keep coming back to the space and the savings of going back to Vistana. It makes no sense to me to pay thousands more anymore:confused3.
We're thinking about booking through Skyauction again for the last week of November or the first week of December. We'll have to see what flights work, but I think we are about to book our 2nd annual Vistana trip:goodvibes

We are owners at SVV and please don't be angry we do prefer it to the resort, I think it's probsbly more to do with the size of the resort and that we are are so used to the villages, having said that our last visit two years ago we stayed at the resort, the unit was in cascades and was almost identical to our bella unit in the villages but we were too far away from the pools , I don't necessary need to fall out if bed and in to the pools but like to be a little closer than we were, we were in one of the buildings that is across the 535 from cicis and Starbucks , as usual we have split our lock off into two units and in the past we have been able to go back to a two bedroom for two weeks through II but they have no availability for svv for our dates so it's looking very likely that it will be the resort again so looking for some advise on what to request, we are a family of four adults as we are unable to shake off our sons when it comes to Florida !lol! So we will be a Sunday checkin, this is definate as flights from UK already booked, and we will be looking for a two bedroom unit with the two doubles in the second room, I have looked on starwood and the lakes units look really nice , a different shape from any we have stayed in in the villages and they look very spacious but a bit worried about the noise from the i4 and would like a nice view, am I also right in thinking that lakes and fountains have the kiddie pools, I have nothing against children at all but would think a more adult pool would suit us better, i am a nightmare!!!! I have so many quandaries going on in my head!ha!ha hopeless at making decisions!!! I will probably agonise over all the details and end up not getting anything I ask for , please share with me where you have stayed in the resort and why you liked it
Many thanks xxxx

We are owners at SVV and please don't be angry we do prefer it to the resort, I think it's probsbly more to do with the size of the resort and that we are are so used to the villages, having said that our last visit two years ago we stayed at the resort, the unit was in cascades and was almost identical to our bella unit in the villages but we were too far away from the pools , I don't necessary need to fall out if bed and in to the pools but like to be a little closer than we were, we were in one of the buildings that is across the 535 from cicis and Starbucks , as usual we have split our lock off into two units and in the past we have been able to go back to a two bedroom for two weeks through II but they have no availability for svv for our dates so it's looking very likely that it will be the resort again so looking for some advise on what to request, we are a family of four adults as we are unable to shake off our sons when it comes to Florida !lol! So we will be a Sunday checkin, this is definate as flights from UK already booked, and we will be looking for a two bedroom unit with the two doubles in the second room, I have looked on starwood and the lakes units look really nice , a different shape from any we have stayed in in the villages and they look very spacious but a bit worried about the noise from the i4 and would like a nice view, am I also right in thinking that lakes and fountains have the kiddie pools, I have nothing against children at all but would think a more adult pool would suit us better, i am a nightmare!!!! I have so many quandaries going on in my head!ha!ha hopeless at making decisions!!! I will probably agonise over all the details and end up not getting anything I ask for , please share with me where you have stayed in the resort and why you liked it
Many thanks xxxx

We have stayed in Spas, Lakes and Fountains, and Fountains is our favourite village by FAR. Even travelling as two adults without kids, Fountains wins for us hands down. We love the pool, we love the hot tubs (there are two of them, and they are set up behind the waterfall at the pool, making them much more private), and we love having the Tacky Tiki bar right there. We also prefer the layout and decor of those units, as well as the fact that the upper villas have skylights.

For the last few days dh and I have been pricing out several scenarios for a Disney trip. We were die hard onsite people for many years and tried offsite for the first time last year. We loved the Vistana! I do really enjoy staying onsite for a Disney only trip because of some of the perks and immersion but I'll tell ya, I just keep coming back to the space and the savings of going back to Vistana. It makes no sense to me to pay thousands more anymore:confused3.
We're thinking about booking through Skyauction again for the last week of November or the first week of December. We'll have to see what flights work, but I think we are about to book our 2nd annual Vistana trip:goodvibes

Woohoo! That is awesome! :teeth:

One last blast of sunshine and warmth before the cold Canadian winter hits!

Love that this thread is still being updated. The last time I was getting info here, you were still hiding in the Hotel Review thread ;) Our last trip to SVR was in Falls 19 in 2012, so I am a bit behind in knowing all things SVR. Just booked a trip to SVR Fountains for the first week of April. Planning our first trip to Universal/IOA now that DD12 and DS9 are tall enough to ride the coasters and had been researching/planning to stay onsite there. When DH heard how much that would cost us, he was the voice of reason and brought me back to reality :). For half the cost of the hotel, we booked SVR through my MIL's RCI account. He's right. Really can't justify the added cost knowing we will have to eat out for every meal and have 1/3 of the living space. So, SVR, here we come! Looks like you will be seeing more of my questions around here...but not until I read the previous 44 pages of this thread. Lol!

Last edited:
Hi Gina !

I have seen you comment on how much you love the Fountains Section of SVR and I was wondering if there are any particular buildings you would recomend ? We would like to be close to the pool for our kids 12 & 9. Will the Diamond Lane requests allow you ask for a specific building or just a section (general area). Should it be submitted about 14 days before arrival ? Any help/advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Woohoo! That is awesome! :teeth:

One last blast of sunshine and warmth before the cold Canadian winter hits!
Funny you should say that. The only thing holding us back from booking was dh pointing out today that by February we are going to be absolutely dying for a trip. So we are mulling it over before booking. We're also discussing summer 2016 for a second trip so dd can come for at least one of them.

Hi Gina !

I have seen you comment on how much you love the Fountains Section of SVR and I was wondering if there are any particular buildings you would recomend ? We would like to be close to the pool for our kids 12 & 9. Will the Diamond Lane requests allow you ask for a specific building or just a section (general area). Should it be submitted about 14 days before arrival ? Any help/advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I try not to be too specific on Diamond Lane requests.....by doing so, you are limiting your chance of the resort being able to accommodate you (especially if you are travelling during a busier time of the year). If being close to the pool is one of your desires, then that's what I would put on your Diamond Lane form (without specific buildings). And yep, 14 days before your arrival is just perfect for submitting your Diamond Lane requests online :thumbsup2 .

On a positive note, there are LOTS of buildings that will put you close to the Fountains pool. The resort is really well laid out, so that even if a building appears like its a bit of a walk to the pool via the roadways, there will usually be a path or walkway providing a shortcut to the recreation area. Its awesome!

Funny you should say that. The only thing holding us back from booking was dh pointing out today that by February we are going to be absolutely dying for a trip. So we are mulling it over before booking. We're also discussing summer 2016 for a second trip so dd can come for at least one of them.

Decisions, decisions! Keep us posted on what you decide :) .

Love that this thread is still being updated. The last time I was getting info here, you were still hiding in the Hotel Review thread ;) Our last trip to SVR was in Falls 19 in 2012, so I am a bit behind in knowing all things SVR. Just booked a trip to SVR Fountains for the first week of April. Planning our first trip to Universal/IOA now that DD12 and DS9 are tall enough to ride the coasters and had been researching/planning to stay onsite there. When DH heard how much that would cost us, he was the voice of reason and brought me back to reality :). For half the cost of the hotel, we booked SVR through my MIL's RCI account. He's right. Really can't justify the added cost knowing we will have to eat out for every meal and have 1/3 of the living space. So, SVR, here we come! Looks like you will be seeing more of my questions around here...but not until I read the previous 44 pages of this thread. Lol!

Welcome back! :goodvibes

I try not to be too specific on Diamond Lane requests.....by doing so, you are limiting your chance of the resort being able to accommodate you (especially if you are travelling during a busier time of the year). If being close to the pool is one of your desires, then that's what I would put on your Diamond Lane form (without specific buildings). And yep, 14 days before your arrival is just perfect for submitting your Diamond Lane requests online :thumbsup2 .

On a positive note, there are LOTS of buildings that will put you close to the Fountains pool. The resort is really well laid out, so that even if a building appears like its a bit of a walk to the pool via the roadways, there will usually be a path or walkway providing a shortcut to the recreation area. Its awesome!

Decisions, decisions! Keep us posted on what you decide :) .

Gina, I so appreciate your expert advice and your willingness to help out a newby . Thanks so very much !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter