• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Well we made some decisions last night. We are going to stay onsite for our Disney only trip in February since it is just the three of us. What determined that choice was that dh would like to not drive on that vacation .. he commutes like crazy for work and wants a break. In August 2016 we are going to do a week at Vistana while dd is still home from university. I think for this one we'll be inviting her boyfriend too but we're going to wait a bit on that decision. So we booked our onsite stay today, and plan to book our offsite when/if Skyauction releases some deals for 2016. :)

We're here!!! All our wishes that we put in through Diamond Lane were met, and so far our stay here has been absolutely fantastic!!!

I have a couple of questions though, and please bear with me if they seem somewhat stuipd:

1. The laundry machine: where do you put the detergent, and especially, where does the fabric softener go?! We have asked at the reception; they did not have a clue, and promised to send us someone from housekeeping to give us some help. We waited 2 long hours last night for someone from housekeeping to show up, but noen ever came, and we are still wondering how to use the laundry machine - so why not ask the experts in here? ;-)
- where does detergent and softener go?
- is warm/warm water ok for tshirts etc?
- when to use the function warm/cold?
- hot/cold: for extra dirty clothes?

(And just out of curiosity: what are dryer sheets for?? I saw them at Wallmart, and could not figure out if that was somehing I would need when doing laundry here)

2. Just got back from Animal Kingdom, everybody absolutely soaked from Kali river & huge amounts of rain. Thought we'd jump straight in to the shower, put on some dyr clothes and order a take away pizza delivered to our door.
Turns out that Tiki does not deliver pizza, so my husband had to go out in the rain again - he was not a happy camper by then - also asked at the reception if they could recommend someone who could deliver, but they were not overly helpful.
Is it not possibile to order food delivered to your door at the resort, not even from restaurants on site?

We still have 3 weeks left here, and intens to enjoy every minute of it - just have to get some laundry done ;-)

We're here!!! All our wishes that we put in through Diamond Lane were met, and so far our stay here has been absolutely fantastic!!!

I have a couple of questions though, and please bear with me if they seem somewhat stuipd:

1. The laundry machine: where do you put the detergent, and especially, where does the fabric softener go?! We have asked at the reception; they did not have a clue, and promised to send us someone from housekeeping to give us some help. We waited 2 long hours last night for someone from housekeeping to show up, but noen ever came, and we are still wondering how to use the laundry machine - so why not ask the experts in here? ;-)

(And just out of curiosity: what are dryer sheets for?? I saw them at Wallmart, and could not figure out if that was somehing I would need when doing laundry here)

2. Just got back from Animal Kingdom, everybody absolutely soaked from Kali river & huge amounts of rain. Thought we'd jump straight in to the shower, put on some dyr clothes and order a take away pizza delivered to our door.
Turns out that Tiki does not deliver pizza, so my husband had to go out in the rain again - he was not a happy camper by then - also asked at the reception if they could recommend someone who could deliver, but they were not overly helpful.
Is it not possibile to order food delivered to your door at the resort, not even from restaurants on site?

We still have 3 weeks left here, and intens to enjoy every minute of it - just have to get some laundry done ;-)

When we travel to the Vistana, we use Tide Pods for detergent (or one of the competitor pod brands). Just start the washer, and toss it in....it will burst and dissolve into the water all on its own. If you are using liquid detergent, just start the washer filling and pour it in before you add the clothes.

Dryer sheets are fabric softener designed to be put in the dryer with your wet clothes. That's what we use versus liquid softener in the washing machine. Toss one sheet into the dryer per load and you're all set.

I was sure the Tacky Tiki Bar delivered to your villa......I wonder if you got bad info?

When we travel to the Vistana, we use Tide Pods for detergent (or one of the competitor pod brands). Just start the washer, and toss it in....it will burst and dissolve into the water all on its own. If you are using liquid detergent, just start the washer filling and pour it in before you add the clothes.

Dryer sheets are fabric softener designed to be put in the dryer with your wet clothes. That's what we use versus liquid softener in the washing machine. Toss one sheet into the dryer per load and you're all set.

I was sure the Tacky Tiki Bar delivered to your villa......I wonder if you got bad info?

Thanks! I feel so stuipd asking questions on how to use a washing machine, but I have never ever come across a machine like this before.
We have bought liquid detergent and fabric softener. So I just put detergent straight in to the machine along with the clothes?
But what about the softener then?

(I have some nice dresses for the kids that I do not want to put in to the dryer)

And yes, I was sure Tiki delivered to the door, but tonight they did not. Perhaps the weather was too bad ;-) (it is pouring down with lots of thunder and lightening)

Thanks! I feel so stuipd asking questions on how to use a washing machine, but I have never ever come across a machine like this before.
We have bought liquid detergent and fabric softener. So I just put detergent straight in to the machine along with the clothes?
But what about the softener then?

(I have some nice dresses for the kids that I do not want to put in to the dryer)

And yes, I was sure Tiki delivered to the door, but tonight they did not. Perhaps the weather was too bad ;-) (it is pouring down with lots of thunder and lightening)

Probably too late for your laundry last evening, but the liquid fabric softener would be added during the rinse cycle. If there is no fabric softener dispenser (which I have never noticed before....obviously I am a dryer sheet gal, lol!) then it would have to be just added in with the clothing.

Hi we have ordered delivery from flippers pizza before and had it delivered no problem , just give your name and unit number and they phoned up from the entrance and asked us if we were expecting a delivery before letting them in, too late for tonight but as you have three weeks left might be useful at some point! Lucky you having another three weeks , which section and building are you in ? enjoy your stay xxx

Hi we have ordered delivery from flippers pizza before and had it delivered no problem , just give your name and unit number and they phoned up from the entrance and asked us if we were expecting a delivery before letting them in, too late for tonight but as you have three weeks left might be useful at some point! Lucky you having another three weeks , which section and building are you in ? enjoy your stay xxx

Thanks, we'll give Flippers a try this weekend. Apperently it was the weather that caused Tiki to not deliver pizza, but we did not much care for their pizza anyway, and would like to try somehing different.

We're in the Cascades, and loving every minute of it. Top floor, close to the pool but away from the noise - it really is a dream holiday so far! (Appart from that laundry that is still having me confused ;-) )

Thanks, we'll give Flippers a try this weekend. Apperently it was the weather that caused Tiki to not deliver pizza, but we did not much care for their pizza anyway, and would like to try somehing different.

We're in the Cascades, and loving every minute of it. Top floor, close to the pool but away from the noise - it really is a dream holiday so far! (Appart from that laundry that is still having me confused ;-) )

I just go with the warm wash for everything as the machines are completely different from our machines back here , i just empty the little bag of detergent they give you into the drum with the clothes , 1/2 bag if it's a small load and it's always came out fine , I don't bother with conditioner as I just put one of the dryer sheets in when drying, hope you get the hang of it , I love the fact that you have these in the apartments saves having to take too much stuff and all the washing when you get back home! Which building number are you in , sounds like a good location, so jealous of you right now we have two weeks booked for sept/ October but we usually do three and really regretting not doing the same this year never mind just means we will have to try and get back for another visit !lol! Have s great time xxx

Hi Everyone ! Getting ready to submit my Diamond Lane request today and have finally narrowed down my requests. Fountains I or II, close to pool,top floor,water view. With this in mind are their any buildings I should request or should I keep it more general ? Any help you can give me is always greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks so much .

Hi Everyone ! Getting ready to submit my Diamond Lane request today and have finally narrowed down my requests. Fountains I or II, close to pool,top floor,water view. With this in mind are their any buildings I should request or should I keep it more general ? Any help you can give me is always greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks so much .

Hey DizMom82, I am just seeing your post now (had a busy Saturday!). Hopefully I am not too late.

Your requests sound good to me, except that I would also ask not to be in one of the buildings that borders the highway (a possibility if you are assigned to a Fountains II villa). Road noise might be an issue in those.

I, myself, would not request a specific building....by keeping it general, the resort will have the most flexibility and possibility of finding you a villa that meets your criteria.

Sending in the Diamond Lane request is always so exciting!! It means your trip is SO CLOSE! :jumping1:

Hey DizMom82, I am just seeing your post now (had a busy Saturday!). Hopefully I am not too late.

Your requests sound good to me, except that I would also ask not to be in one of the buildings that borders the highway (a possibility if you are assigned to a Fountains II villa). Road noise might be an issue in those.

I, myself, would not request a specific building....by keeping it general, the resort will have the most flexibility and possibility of finding you a villa that meets your criteria.

Sending in the Diamond Lane request is always so exciting!! It means your trip is SO CLOSE! :jumping1:
Thanks so much Gina ! I am very excited to stay there for the first time . I did submit the form online yesterday . If you were me would you submit a revised one or call the Diamond Lane phone number and ask them to note having a unit away from the highway ? Thanks for answering all of my questions. You have been so helpful in the planning of this trip !

Thanks so much Gina ! I am very excited to stay there for the first time . I did submit the form online yesterday . If you were me would you submit a revised one or call the Diamond Lane phone number and ask them to note having a unit away from the highway ? Thanks for answering all of my questions. You have been so helpful in the planning of this trip !

If it were me, I would just leave things as-is, and when you check in and they tell you which villa you have been assigned to, just double check with the desk agent that its not one of the buildings near the road. If you are anything other than Fountains II buildings villas 44, 45, or 49-55, then you should be fine.

You can see those buildings border the edge of the property on this map: https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svr_resort_map.pdf

I hope you will come back to this thread after your trip and let us know how you enjoyed your stay :) .

I've been to Sheraton Vistana Resort 2-years ago. Got a 2-bedroom Villa in Lakes. 1 King-size bed, 2 Queen-size in the second room. Everything 100%.

I'm coming back later this year. I tried to book directly from the website, but this kind of room is not available for booking, apparently. The 2-bedroom Villas description says it has 1 King-size bed and 2 SINGLE beds.

I finally booked with my travel agent. The voucher from the travel company says it is a 2 bedroom Villa for up to 8 people (so, I assume it's a King-size/2 Queen-sizes room - with sofa-bed).

But my reservation, in the hotel's website, says 1 King-size/2 Single beds...

What should I trust???

I've been to Sheraton Vistana Resort 2-years ago. Got a 2-bedroom Villa in Lakes. 1 King-size bed, 2 Queen-size in the second room. Everything 100%.

I'm coming back later this year. I tried to book directly from the website, but this kind of room is not available for booking, apparently. The 2-bedroom Villas description says it has 1 King-size bed and 2 SINGLE beds.

I finally booked with my travel agent. The voucher from the travel company says it is a 2 bedroom Villa for up to 8 people (so, I assume it's a King-size/2 Queen-sizes room - with sofa-bed).

What should I trust???

Most of the resort is the "sleeps 8" configuration with the 1 king in the master, 2 doubles in the guest bedroom. The only exceptions would be Courts & Falls, which have the twins in the 2nd bedroom.

Statistically speaking, you are much more likely to get a sleeps 8 configuration than a sleeps 6, and if that's what your voucher from the travel agent indicates, I'm pretty sure you will be fine.

You can always submit a Diamond Lane request two weeks before your arrival to request that you are in one of the villas with double beds in the guest room.

What should I trust???
Sheraton has changed their site to indicate the "lowest common denominator" room so they can place guests on "run of resort"; you will probably get a better room than advertised and be happy. But as Gina indicates that sleeps 6 is not the most common configuration. If you have a confirmation that says "Sleeps 8" you will certainly get a room that sleeps 8. Although even less common, a sleeps 8 could also be a 2BR-LO (lock off) with 2 king beds and 2 sofa beds; but these units are almost always split into two 1BR units as they are more profitable that way. An 8 can also be an upper "Townhome" villa in Courts with King, 2 singles and 2 sofa beds.

FWIW - the singles are "long" format and every bit as comfy as the master beds; my almost 6 footer son was very comfortable in the bed on our last stay. The two sections that have singles are two of the most peaceful areas in the resort as well.

Our stay here is soon coming to an end, and a new question popped up: how much do we tip the cleaning lady? What do you use to leave after a stay at the Sheraton Vistana? We're here for 4 weeks, and also wonder if nummer of weeks should be taken in to account?
(Yes, we still find all this tipping rather tricky ;-) )

Our stay here is soon coming to an end, and a new question popped up: how much do we tip the cleaning lady? What do you use to leave after a stay at the Sheraton Vistana? We're here for 4 weeks, and also wonder if nummer of weeks should be taken in to account?
(Yes, we still find all this tipping rather tricky ;-) )

Yes, and it is even trickier in a Timeshare as there aren't any clear guidelines.

Quite some time ago I read that it was customary to leave $1/night/person for hotel stays. I have moved this number a bit north over the years for inflation, but in my mind it's about $1.50 (or $3/night for double occupancy). But that is for hotel stays.

I do use that as the basis for timeshare, and if I have daily housekeeping I would stick with that (although that's a VERY big number after 4 weeks with 4 people). But also remember a villa is much bigger and probably has more linens to change than a 250sf hotel room. If you are in a standard timeshare arrangement where you have a mid-week tidy/towel change, and a weekly cleaning, you've had 4 tidies and 3 cleans, plus the final cleaning after you are gone. However you did not have daily service, so coming a bit south from the big number is probably appropriate.

Of course the quality of the service you received should also dictate a bit. Use a sliding scale where:

0% Came in, drank my beer, took a nap in our bed, and left. (that would never happen at Vistana :) )
to
100% Unit was spotless, supplies were kept topped up, linens fresh, facecloths made into a nice floral arrangement (had this once at Vistana), picked up the kids toys, emptied the dishwasher, etc. Essentially you felt pampered by the staff.

We also take into account how clean the unit is. If we leave in a rush for an early bird flight and the place is a bit of a sty, I'll throw a bit more in the pot as a mea culpa.

After 4 weeks you should have a pretty good idea of what is deserved.

Personally, I hate figuring out a one night hotel stay - housekeeping never gets a chance to impress when you're only there a few hours and most of those are unconscious.

If it were me, I would just leave things as-is, and when you check in and they tell you which villa you have been assigned to, just double check with the desk agent that its not one of the buildings near the road. If you are anything other than Fountains II buildings villas 44, 45, or 49-55, then you should be fine.

You can see those buildings border the edge of the property on this map: https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svr_resort_map.pdf

I hope you will come back to this thread after your trip and let us know how you enjoyed your stay :) .

Gina thanks so much for all your help/advice I really appreciate it . I will come back and let you know how we like the resort and how we make out with our requests. I did make a call to Diamond Lane and the rep did tell me she had already assigned our villa and we aren't by the highway !

I will be making my requests soon. I was planning to ask for a ground floor unit as close to the pool but I am wondering if I should request by building numbers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter