The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Most of the resort is the "sleeps 8" configuration with the 1 king in the master, 2 doubles in the guest bedroom. The only exceptions would be Courts & Falls, which have the twins in the 2nd bedroom.

Statistically speaking, you are much more likely to get a sleeps 8 configuration than a sleeps 6, and if that's what your voucher from the travel agent indicates, I'm pretty sure you will be fine.

You can always submit a Diamond Lane request two weeks before your arrival to request that you are in one of the villas with double beds in the guest room.

Sheraton has changed their site to indicate the "lowest common denominator" room so they can place guests on "run of resort"; you will probably get a better room than advertised and be happy. But as Gina indicates that sleeps 6 is not the most common configuration. If you have a confirmation that says "Sleeps 8" you will certainly get a room that sleeps 8. Although even less common, a sleeps 8 could also be a 2BR-LO (lock off) with 2 king beds and 2 sofa beds; but these units are almost always split into two 1BR units as they are more profitable that way. An 8 can also be an upper "Townhome" villa in Courts with King, 2 singles and 2 sofa beds.

FWIW - the singles are "long" format and every bit as comfy as the master beds; my almost 6 footer son was very comfortable in the bed on our last stay. The two sections that have singles are two of the most peaceful areas in the resort as well.

Thank you, Gina and bankr63.

I've been struggling with them via chat and e-mail for that. But maybe it's a waste of time.

The last chat attendant said she contacted the hotel directly and they informed that all 2 bedroom Villas are with 1 King and 2 Single beds. And they NEVER had 2 bedroom Villas with QUEEN beds (we all know it's not true; I stayed in Lakes before, 2 years ago, with this configuration).

Maybe I should relax and wait until november, then everything will be fine...

I will be making my requests soon. I was planning to ask for a ground floor unit as close to the pool but I am wondering if I should request by building numbers?

I think it is always best to leave your requests as open as possible. The resort has much more flexibility in finding a matching unit for your request if you aren't overly specific. And as you can tell from reading along, Gina and I have different views on the "best" sections. For all first timers, I recommend visiting the resort and letting that influence your view of what's best. Let them get you close to what you are looking for, and then look around while you are there. When you return (and a great many people DO return), you'll have a better idea of what might be a better fit for you.

Thank you, Gina and bankr63.

I've been struggling with them via chat and e-mail for that. But maybe it's a waste of time.

The last chat attendant said she contacted the hotel directly and they informed that all 2 bedroom Villas are with 1 King and 2 Single beds. And they NEVER had 2 bedroom Villas with QUEEN beds (we all know it's not true; I stayed in Lakes before, 2 years ago, with this configuration).

Maybe I should relax and wait until november, then everything will be fine...

Not to overrule your chat attendant, but I am pretty sure that between Gina's family and mine (including friends and family we've brought along), we have stayed in most configurations and sections. The majority of 2BR units do not have single beds. Falls and Courts do simply because the 2nd bedrooms aren't large enough for bigger beds.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Things will work out, and you certainly have good grounds to be moved if your reservation is a "sleeps 8" configuration.

I think it is always best to leave your requests as open as possible. The resort has much more flexibility in finding a matching unit for your request if you aren't overly specific. And as you can tell from reading along, Gina and I have different views on the "best" sections. For all first timers, I recommend visiting the resort and letting that influence your view of what's best. Let them get you close to what you are looking for, and then look around while you are there. When you return (and a great many people DO return), you'll have a better idea of what might be a better fit for you.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your words of wisdom. :thumbsup2

We're staying here in August and have a 2 bedroom unit. We've never stayed here before and I'm looking for advice on any particular area we should request to stay at.

We have 2 girls (8 & 9) and want to be near whichever pool is best for that age group. Also nearby to any kids activities. We'd love a pretty view of a lake. Anything in particular we should request as far as buildings? I am concerned about the possibility of a lock off unit. With our kids the ages they are, I don't want a unit where the doors between our two sides would lock off.

Does anyone know how deep the Cascades pool is? (Is that the one with the water falls and spray fountains?)

Does the Super Pool have any spray things or fountains? Or is it just shaped in a fun design?

ALSO - what is a good grocery store nearby? And any decent restaurants near by?
And does the resort sell discounted tickets to Sea World?

Last edited:
Another question - is the Spas buildings (19-20-21) walking distance to the Cascades pool? Or is it something you'd have to get in the car to drive to? I can't tell on the map how far apart things are. I love the layout of the Spas units more than the Cascades units. THANK YOU! Is there a snack/drink bar by the pools?

We're staying here in August and have a 2 bedroom unit. We've never stayed here before and I'm looking for advice on any particular area we should request to stay at.

We have 2 girls (8 & 9) and want to be near whichever pool is best for that age group. Also nearby to any kids activities. We'd love a pretty view of a lake. Anything in particular we should request as far as buildings? I am concerned about the possibility of a lock off unit. With our kids the ages they are, I don't want a unit where the doors between our two sides would lock off.

Does anyone know how deep the Cascades pool is? (Is that the one with the water falls and spray fountains?)

Does the Super Pool have any spray things or fountains? Or is it just shaped in a fun design?

ALSO - what is a good grocery store nearby? And any decent restaurants near by?
And does the resort sell discounted tickets to Sea World?

I wouldn't worry about getting a lock off unit. They are less plentiful than the standard two bedrooms, and its more profitable for the resort to rent out each side of the lock-off separately versus as a two bedroom villa.

The Cascades is less deep than the two other main pools (Super Pool and Fountains Pool). Of the three main pools, the Fountains pool has the deepest water (just in one middle section of the pool, though).

The Super pool has an in-water volleyball net and deeper depths, but no waterfall or spray fountains.

Cascades is shallower and has both spray fountains and a waterfall (we find the water from the waterfall to be SUPER forceful, though).

The Fountains pool has a waterfall (less abusive than the Cascades one) and in-water volleyball but no splash fountains.

Fountains and the Super pool both have a shallow kiddie pool adjacent to the main pool.

All three main pools have a bar adjacent and grill food for purchase (Zimmie's at the Super pool, the Cascade Bar & Grill at Cascades, and the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill at Fountains).

The amount of restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive of the resort is staggering. Literally every chain you can think of, plus a whole assortment of independent places. The Crossroads has a huge selection of restaurants in particular. There's a Publix on Vineland that's super close, and a Walmart just down the 535. There's a Walgreens right on the corner by the Fountains/Lakes section.

The resort sells tickets to SeaWorld, but I'm not certain they will be very discounted. You will probably do better with purchasing tickets directly from the SW website.

Another question - is the Spas buildings (19-20-21) walking distance to the Cascades pool? Or is it something you'd have to get in the car to drive to? I can't tell on the map how far apart things are. I love the layout of the Spas units more than the Cascades units. THANK YOU! Is there a snack/drink bar by the pools?

Those buildings are definitely walkable to the Cascades pool. When walking from your building to the various pools, there are lots of little walking paths which are designed to be short cuts for foot traffic to the amenities.

Hi Picabo,

Nice to hear that you have chosen Vistana Resort as your vacation home away from home this year.

I rarely recommend one section over another, but by your second post, it sounds like you are zeroing in on Spas. Can't go wrong for location with Spas; it is central to pretty much everything on the South side of the resort. Just remember that Spas is one of the 3 sections with a specific checkin day. If you aren't checking in on Friday, Spas may not be possible; a good alternative might be Springs on the South side, or Fountains on the North.

If your girls are good swimmers, any pool would be pretty good. Super Pool is not the best pool for beginning swimmers as it does not have a shallow end at all; depth varies from probably 4' to 5.5' at the centre. Its main feature is a volleyball net at one end; and it attracts a slightly older active crowd (tweens to late teens); there are no water features at this pool. The Cascades pool has the spray fountains in a large area that is probably only 1"-12" deep. From that flat area, it drops gently into the deeper parts, I would say about 6' around the waterfall. Note, these aren't specific depths; just going from memory. There is enough of a shallow end for younger kids to play easily as well. The Falls pool is probably worth a visit for you as well now that the water slide has been reinstalled.

Lockoff - not really a worry about the doors actually locking; but I agree it's not the best for younger families. It is fabulous with teens where you might actually want to lock them off!

Walking has never been an issue for us, I am always surprised when anyone posts that they had to drive somewhere! I "might" drive if I wanted to go somewhere in the other section of the resort (North side to South side), but I have never actually done this; always walked. Compared to the distances you will be walking at the parks, everything at the resort is practically next door. In a suburban sense, I would estimate that the South side is about 3 by 3 blocks, and the North side is about 3 by 2 blocks. You are generally no more than about 2 blocks from a pool.

Best full service grocery nearby is Publix on Vineland at I-Drive. There are also Super Wal-Marts and Super Targets within about 10 minutes of the resort. Specialty foods can be found at Whole Foods on Turkey Lake Drive.

The resort sells Disney tickets, and I am fairly certain that the Activities Desk in the reception building sells tickets for other attractions as well. But I doubt they are discounted; better to get an advanced deal online before heading down. Undercover Tourist consistently has good discounted prices for most area attractions.

Hope you have a great visit!

I have finally completed reading all 46 previous pages of this thread. Thanks so much to all who continue to report back about their stays! To help the cause, I am reposting the following link of photos from my stay in 2012 (These photos were lost amid the other thread...can't understand why? hahaha LOL!). We were in Falls Building 19. It was an ideal location for my DS5 and DD8 (at the time of our trip) because we were right across the street from the Falls pool, playground and rec center. I highly recommend the location for people with young children. I know that everyone is interested in seeing photos and I believe that these photos of the interior of Falls 19 would still be relevant. There are also some photos of the area as I walked from our unit toward the Cascades pool. Bankr or Gina, if you notice that there are too many photos that are outdated based on more recent changes, please advise and I will remove this link. I just didn't see any photos of Falls and thought others might be interested.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/george_kari/media/IMG_2481.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Also, while this question is fresh in my head after reading all of this wonderful information....

I have a Fountains stay booked through RCI and I am a Friday checkin. I can see the buildings in red that are typically buildings assigned to Friday stays. I know that I want to request being away from highway noise. How noisy would buildings 42-43 be? Or are buildings 44-45 the only buildings that will have traffic noise? By looking at the map, it looks like I would probably be placed in Fountains I b/c there are so few Friday check-in buildings in Fountains II. Is that accurate? At this time, my order of request/preference would be:
1)away from highway noise
2)pond/lake facing
3)upper unit

Is that too specific? Should I prioritize more when I make my Diamond Lane request? Ultimately, being away from highway noise is most important, but I would really like a nice view from my balcony (and not be looking at the pool or parking lot).

I know that I have a lot of time to plan, but I wanted to ask this while the information that I just read is still fresh in my head. Thanks!

Also, while this question is fresh in my head after reading all of this wonderful information....

I have a Fountains stay booked through RCI and I am a Friday checkin. I can see the buildings in red that are typically buildings assigned to Friday stays. I know that I want to request being away from highway noise. How noisy would buildings 42-43 be? Or are buildings 44-45 the only buildings that will have traffic noise? By looking at the map, it looks like I would probably be placed in Fountains I b/c there are so few Friday check-in buildings in Fountains II. Is that accurate? At this time, my order of request/preference would be:
2)pond/lake facing
3)upper unit

Is that too specific? Should I prioritize more when I make my Diamond Lane request? Ultimately, being away from highway noise is most important, but I would really like a nice view from my balcony (and not be looking at the pool or parking lot).

I know that I have a lot of time to plan, but I wanted to ask this while the information that I just read is still fresh in my head. Thanks!
Your photos of Falls are great! Thanks for adding to the collection. These are after the renovations and seem pretty current. The linen scheme "may" have been updated since to be a bit brighter.

I think your request is just fine. I wouldn't want 44-45 but 42-43 should be fine unless you are REALLY sensitive to noise. Actually, the request for a water view should be enough to get you away from I-4 (the I-4 backing units have no ponds). I think it is perfectly acceptable and easy to fulfill as is. Just make sure that you order appropriately, and don't be disappointed if they can't hit it bang on. Even if you get a 2nd floor unit; the only thing missing is a couple of skylights and a whole lot of steps!

2)pond/lake facing
3)upper unit

haPevraftr.....great pics of the Falls villas :thumbsup2 . Thanks for adding them to this thread!

In regards to your Diamond Lane requests, I think they sound perfectly workable (and very much like what we request on each visit, except rather than pond or lake facing, we always ask to be close to the pool). Do keep in mind, though, that in an effort to satisfy your villa requests, there's a chance that you might be assigned to a totally different building than you are expecting....even one that's not typically set aside for your particular check-in day. That's what happened to us in May, when we booked through SkyAuction. We arrived on a Friday, and were placed in Lakes building 1 (which is a Saturday check-in building per the SVR property map). Every single Diamond Lane request was met to a "T". So obviously, the resort has some flex in their villa assignments...so be prepared to perhaps be happily surprised :) .

In looking at your Falls villa photos, those units look quite a bit smaller than their counterparts in Fountains. You should be wowed by the extra space you will have for your upcoming stay!

Hmmmm..... Gina, knowing that we could be placed in other checkin day buildings makes me think a bit more. All of the Friday check in pond facing buildings in Fountains (that are away from road noise) are near the pool so I didn't worry about stating proximity to pool as a request. But, if there is a possibility that my desire for pond facing could put me on the outskirts of the Fountains and trump the fact that I am put in a Friday checkin building..... Hmmmm... I need to chat with DH a bit and see what his preferences are. DD12 and DS9 are old enough to walk a distance to the pool but not old enough to be walking back and forth from pool to villa alone if they forget something, want a snack, etc if we are too far away. We were spoiled last year at Wyndham Bonnet Creek because it is a high rise with the pool out front. We had a non pool facing room so it was quiet in the evening but the kids could still hop the elevator and go back and forth from the room during the day b/c the pool was right downstairs.

And all that having been said, we are checking in the Friday after Easter. How likely is it that they will stray from the regular cleaning schedule to accommodate my requests at one of the busiest times of year?

Hmmmm..... Gina, knowing that we could be placed in other checkin day buildings makes me think a bit more. All of the Friday check in pond facing buildings in Fountains (that are away from road noise) are near the pool so I didn't worry about stating proximity to pool as a request. But, if there is a possibility that my desire for pond facing could put me on the outskirts of the Fountains and trump the fact that I am put in a Friday checkin building..... Hmmmm... I need to chat with DH a bit and see what his preferences are. DD12 and DS9 are old enough to walk a distance to the pool but not old enough to be walking back and forth from pool to villa alone if they forget something, want a snack, etc if we are too far away. We were spoiled last year at Wyndham Bonnet Creek because it is a high rise with the pool out front. We had a non pool facing room so it was quiet in the evening but the kids could still hop the elevator and go back and forth from the room during the day b/c the pool was right downstairs.

And all that having been said, we are checking in the Friday after Easter. How likely is it that they will stray from the regular cleaning schedule to accommodate my requests at one of the busiest times of year?

I think its probably unlikely (especially given the busy time of year that you will be there) that you will be assigned to a non-Friday check-in building. There are plenty of villa options that meet your criteria within buildings already set aside for Friday arrivals.

I just mentioned it so that no one is surprised *if* they happen to be placed in a building they weren't expecting :).

Looking forward to staying here. The property looks really nice. We are going to be pretty busy for our first trip there but must make some kind of ‘break’ for pool time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter