The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Does anyone know the fastest driving route to get to MK? I want to start planning what times we should be out the door.

We are actually arriving day before check-in so we can do Star Wars Weekend on check-in day. We wouldn't be arriving to condo to around 11 pm. Is that going to be a problem checking in or will I have to find time to leave DHS and return. We have the Dessert Party and everything so I hate to leave during the day.

Hey Gina - are your pics on the previous page of the Fountains or Fountains II? I am trying to remember where we stayed last time in 2010 and I can't recall which but we had a sky light and were across the parking lot from the pool so I am thinking Fountains II. I want to request that again when I get ready to do my diamond lane request in a couple of days. 16 days to go!!!!!

Hey Gina - are your pics on the previous page of the Fountains or Fountains II? I am trying to remember where we stayed last time in 2010 and I can't recall which but we had a sky light and were across the parking lot from the pool so I am thinking Fountains II. I want to request that again when I get ready to do my diamond lane request in a couple of days. 16 days to go!!!!!

Pics are of Fountains I. :)

Does anyone know the fastest driving route to get to MK? I want to start planning what times we should be out the door.
Take a right on 535 out of the resort (either exit). Turn right again at the first light - World Centre Drive, becomes Epcot Centre Drive. You are about 2 minutes from the Disney Sign, from there just follow the signage to MK.

Take a right on 535 out of the resort (either exit). Turn right again at the first light - World Centre Drive, becomes Epcot Centre Drive. You are about 2 minutes from the Disney Sign, from there just follow the signage to MK.

I think they were hoping for detailed times to the parks. I timed it at 8 minutes from parking space to parking space to Epcot but never timed the other parks.

Getting to the parks is easy but sometimes the signs back to the resort are easy to miss.

We are booked in a 2 BR sleeps 8 next month with a Friday check in. I'm thinking of requesting Lakes section, we've stayed in Cascades our previous trips. Am I correct in assuming Lakes has 2BR/8 units? I would like a building with elevators. Thanks!

Wow that's a lot different from what Google Maps is telling me! From Google maps the estimated time to MK is 20 mins, does that sound about right? Also, is 535 a highway? If so is it busy in the morning?

Sorry for all of the questions but I am trying to wrap my head around the geography of the area. I'm so used to Disneyland where you can stay at a hotel literally .25 miles away from the turnstiles! We have a reservation at CRT before park opening and I'm trying to plan when we should be walking out the door.

Wow that's a lot different from what Google Maps is telling me! From Google maps the estimated time to MK is 20 mins, does that sound about right? Also, is 535 a highway? If so is it busy in the morning?

i haven't had issues with it being really busy in the morning. (when they were working on DTD, that exit was backed up one time when i was driving by, but my left lane to the parks was unaffected.)

google maps is showing me 7.5 miles (13 minutes) from SVR to the MK parking lot. that seems about right to me. then you would have to take a tram or walk to the TTC, where you would catch a monorail or ferry to the park. maybe add a little extra time if you have to go through the bag check at the entrance.

there are a number of variables in estimating villa-door-to-castle timing.

Charles is correct, I would say closer to 15 minutes to MK, less for DHS and Epcot, maybe 20 for AK.

535 is probably not a highway in the sense you think, but it is a very wide and busy thoroughfare, about 6 lanes wide in front of SVR (8 with turn lanes). To the North of SVR it tends to get very congested from Vineland Rd, under the I-4 and up past the Crossroads. to the South it is generally clear sailing to the end at Irlo Bronson (192). That's why I advise "never turn left". There is an entrance to I-4 off World Centre. It may be a mile further, but it is almost always quicker. Even if I want to just pop onto I-4 and go North, I almost always go via World Centre. If you want to hit Turkey Lake or Sand Lake, go up to I-Drive and cross I-4 to Palm Parkway on the new Daryl Carter Parkway.

the new Daryl Carter Parkway.

Can you give me a refresher on this new road? Did you say it was helpful in the commute to Universal? (or am I remembering wrong.....that's a distinct possibility with all the cold meds affecting my brain!)

We just updated our GPS a month or so ago....I hope that highway is on there......

We'll be heading down to the Vistana the beginning of June! Haven't been in about 5 years, and from what I've been reading here, a lot has been changed/updated. I'm just looking for suggestions. We've always requested "top floor", Cascades or Lakes, because we liked that pool, middle of the action,the kiddos were younger, and, at the time, those were the 'newest' sections. Now, we're looking for a more relaxing/quieter area (Fountains?) since the "kiddos are all college age. We still want a top floor (sun light, high ceilings), do not need elevators, and away from the highway. (We stayed close to it once, and I believe there was a mini golf across the street, and every time there was a hole-in-one, a volcano would 'erupt'!) .....we check in on a Sunday, 2 bdr., sleeps 8. The Vistana is my parents home resort, (Interval International) and we traded their week for a week in June (with a guest cert).
Any help is much appreciated!

Can you give me a refresher on this new road? Did you say it was helpful in the commute to Universal? (or am I remembering wrong.....that's a distinct possibility with all the cold meds affecting my brain!)

We just updated our GPS a month or so ago....I hope that highway is on there......

It runs between I-Drive and Palm Parkway, behind the Publix and Premium Outlet Expansion. It provides a great way to get across I-4 to anything in the Turkey Lake/Sand Lake area WallyMart, WholeFoods, restaurant row, yet another Publix. We didn't use it to go to Universal; I-4 is still quicker in the morning. We did come back from Uni that way once, but I had to stop at the TD on Kirkman Rd., and it was an easier route especially with the I-4 was showing full red on the GPS. It was a very effective way of avoiding any blockages on I-4. Would also be the best route to the Win-Dixie, and maybe even to Crossroads (although that's getting to be a bit of long way around).

Our Garmin GPS had it on the recent map updates, but I don't think it EVER suggested I go that way until I drove it a few times (our model has some basic learning of favorite routes). Actually I guess I should say "had" as it was stolen from my car after we returned. Technically I guess it still has that feature, I just don't have it anymore.

I remembered to make my request through Diamond Lane this morning! We'll arrive in 9 days! I requested a room NOT near the highways and an easy walk to a child-friendly pool. We'll see where we end up. :)

And for those who are in the know, where is the closest supermarket (Publix, etc. not Wal-Mart)? Our flight lands at 6:45 PM and I am hoping we'll be in the room by 8:30 so my son can go right to sleep! My husband wants to pick up some groceries and essentials after we're situated so hopefully one isn't TOO far away.

Thank you!

And for those who are in the know, where is the closest supermarket (Publix, etc. not Wal-Mart)? Our flight lands at 6:45 PM and I am hoping we'll be in the room by 8:30 so my son can go right to sleep! My husband wants to pick up some groceries and essentials after we're situated so hopefully one isn't TOO far away.

I plan to go to Publix after I get in the unit. bankr63 mentions it in a post on the previous page:
We eat in unit a lot, so I'll chime in on the groceries. Publix is the best full service grocery nearby, having once again placed near the top of the ratings in a major consumer magazine. Corner of Vineland and I-Drive; I suggest going the longer way around and approaching from I-Drive. There is a lot of traffic at Premium Outlets if you go the Vineland way.

There are good Super Walmarts and Super Targets nearby. We do the Super Target on 192 (Irlo Bronson E). There is a SuperWally down the road on 535, but we actually prefer the one on Turkey Lake Road. If you need any specialty groceries, there is a Whole Foods at Turkey Lake and Sand Lake. We've also done the Winn Dixie just past Crossroads, and several other Publix in the area (a couple more on 192 and one on Sand Lake)

And for all those forgotten essentials, don't forget the Marketplace on site. They have a very good selection of groceries, prices are a bit higher, but not outrageous, and you can enjoy a Starbucks while you pick a few things up.

How long does it take to get from airport to the resort. Also how late do the grocery stores stay open.
The Publix nearby on Vineland is open until 10:00. The Super Target on Irlo Bronson is open until midnight most nights, 11:00 Sunday. The Super-Wally we go to on Turkey Lake is open 24 hours.

The trip from the airport to the resort is about 25 minutes whether you take the North or South route and both have tolls. I would say the South route is an easier drive (Jeff Fuqua Blvd to 417). The issue is usually getting from the plane to the car. Especially if renting. I've had it take anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on a lot of factors (carry on or checked baggage, direct to the lot rental, or line up and wait for agent, etc).

We'll be heading down to the Vistana the beginning of June! Haven't been in about 5 years, and from what I've been reading here, a lot has been changed/updated. I'm just looking for suggestions. We've always requested "top floor", Cascades or Lakes, because we liked that pool, middle of the action,the kiddos were younger, and, at the time, those were the 'newest' sections. Now, we're looking for a more relaxing/quieter area (Fountains?) since the "kiddos are all college age. We still want a top floor (sun light, high ceilings), do not need elevators, and away from the highway. (We stayed close to it once, and I believe there was a mini golf across the street, and every time there was a hole-in-one, a volcano would 'erupt'!) .....we check in on a Sunday, 2 bdr., sleeps 8. The Vistana is my parents home resort, (Interval International) and we traded their week for a week in June (with a guest cert).
Any help is much appreciated!

A notoriously difficult question to answer. However, I will say that you will not be in the quietest Sunday section (Falls) because they are sleep 6 units. I would avoid the Springs Sunday units as they are basically the same frontage you had last time. Also a bit of a gamble for Cascades as two of the six Sunday buildings are the same frontage you mentioned. The Palms Sunday buildings are well situated for a quiet stay, but maybe a bit too quiet; it is a bit of a hike to the pools. I always thought the Fountains Sunday buildings were good, but a previous poster mentioned the sound of idling buses in the morning as they pick up the CM's from the Disney housing next door. Don't know if that would bother or not, but maybe avoid Fountains 28/29. And the Lakes Sundays all look good, but Lakes 10 might be subject to a bit of late pool noise. See the link to the resort map in post #2 of this thread to get the layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter