The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

May27001.jpg

May27002.jpg

May27003.jpg

May27004.jpg

Hey Lessa!! I hope you had a nice Christmas!! I can tell your mom did!! ;) You guys are going to have to have so much fun. If I go on a cruise in 2011, it will be aboard the Dream!! I will pay more for that!!

As for the hypnotist shows, I think the tricks are just quirky and not real. But as for hypnosis involving other things (relaxation, even therapy, etc.) it's not something where someone can just enter your mind and control you. It kind of works as much as you let it. If someone is reading you one of the relaxation things and the whole time you're just thinking, this is a load of crap! then it won't work!! I admit the whole thing is kind of silly...but I think the relaxation ones are just like guided-meditations if that makes sense. It's easy for it to cross the line into quacky though!! I don't think "shows" are real. And I'm not sure about the stuff they have where you can be hypnotized and quit smoking!! :rotfl:

Hey Lessa!! I hope you had a nice Christmas!! I can tell your mom did!! ;) You guys are going to have to have so much fun. If I go on a cruise in 2011, it will be aboard the Dream!! I will pay more for that!!

As for the hypnotist shows, I think the tricks are just quirky and not real. But as for hypnosis involving other things (relaxation, even therapy, etc.) it's not something where someone can just enter your mind and control you. It kind of works as much as you let it. If someone is reading you one of the relaxation things and the whole time you're just thinking, this is a load of crap! then it won't work!! I admit the whole thing is kind of silly...but I think the relaxation ones are just like guided-meditations if that makes sense. It's easy for it to cross the line into quacky though!! I don't think "shows" are real. And I'm not sure about the stuff they have where you can be hypnotized and quit smoking!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Hypnosis is just not for me. I don't think I could ever be comfortable enough to go into the relaxed/hypnotic state. Guess that is probably why it doesn't work on me. :rotfl:

From the Navigator, under more to enjoy, 20/20/20....Sign me up!! :thumbsup2

Ya! on the cruise, I remember when this cruise was so far away.

What does Double Dip mean. Are you doing WDW too?
What a great Christmas Present to your mom.

I am going to be at WDW in April 2011 with my sisters. Hopefully. We are going to start out in Savannah Georgia, then St. Augustine, WDW and end up in the Keys. One sister is balking already, because her dd is getting married in July 2010, and she is going to Savannah right after the wedding. This is why I hate planning anything so far in advance, it never works out for me.

Ya! on the cruise, I remember when this cruise was so far away.

What does Double Dip mean. Are you doing WDW too?
What a great Christmas Present to your mom.

I am going to be at WDW in April 2011 with my sisters. Hopefully. We are going to start out in Savannah Georgia, then St. Augustine, WDW and end up in the Keys. One sister is balking already, because her dd is getting married in July 2010, and she is going to Savannah right after the wedding. This is why I hate planning anything so far in advance, it never works out for me.

Double Dip means you get to stop at Castaway Cay twice instead of just once like on most of the cruises.

Not sure yet if we are doing WDW. You'll just have to wait for the PTR. :rolleyes1

Your next trip sounds like fun. It sounds much like our first WDW trip. We drove from Virginia Beach to Charleston, SC then went to Savannah, GA, then St, Augustine for a brief stop then to NASA at Cape Canaveral followed by WDW, Miami, Key West, and Naples.

We had a good nights sleep and woke up nice and refreshed. We must have slept so well due to our being tuckered out from the two previous port days. This day was our third day at sea and was guaranteed to be nice and relaxing. We had two things to look forward to this day. The first thing we were looking forward to was our character breakfast. The second thing, well you will just have to wait and see what that is later. :rolleyes1

The previous night at dinner our waiters had told us about our character breakfast. We THOUGHT they said it was at 9:15 in Parrot Cay. :rolleyes1

Mom and I were up around 8am so we took a stroll around deck 4 enjoying the fresh sea air. It was another beautiful day. We wandered around the ship taking all the details with Disney tunes playing faintly in the background. :lovestruc

D13001.jpg

D13002.jpg

At 9:10 Mom and I made our way to Parrot Cay to see that the first seating was still all there munching away at their breakfast. :confused: Mom stopped a waiter and asked them what time the second seating for the character breakfast was and he told her 9:45. Okay, well we had some time to kill. There was an animation class going on in Animator's Palate so we went up there and arrived only a few minutes late.

The class was drawing Goofy, he was a bit more challenging than Mickey. Mom gave up as she said it was too hard to catch up due to our coming in late. I think mine turned out decently considering I am no artist and I had a late start so I was not able to follow along for all the steps.

D13010.jpg

After the class we made our way back down to Parrot Cay and saw Chip and Dale in the hallway as we were walking to the restaurant. They were so cute in their sailor outfits.

Some decorations outside the entrance to Parrot Cay

D13003.jpg

D13004.jpg

D13005.jpg

D13007.jpg

D13008.jpg

When we showed up at 9:40 everybody was already seated with food on their plates. What? :confused: We were so confused. Turns out that our seating time was actually 9:30. :rolleyes:

Our waiters took our drink order right away as we perused our menu. They were serving the typical breakfast far. I don't really remember what I had, probably bacon and Mickey waffles.

I have to say that this meal was the only time we encountered poor service the whole trip. I don't know what it was but our waiters were really off that morning. They brought people the wrong drinks or they brought the right drink and gave it to the wrong person. Mom had to ask three times to see the bread/pastry basket. They were definitely having an off morning as they were always so good at dinner.

Soon the characters started to come around. As often happens to adults at these types of meals initially the characters tried to rush past our table without stopping for pictures with everybody. We soon made it clear that we wanted pictures and after the first character it all went smoothly. We all took turns taking pictures for each other, exchanging our cameras with the people sitting across from us.

Our first character was Dale

D13011.jpg

D13012.jpg

D13013.jpg

D13014.jpg

We had a break in characters then as the rest were clear on the other side of the room. Our waiters came by about that time with a bunch of brightly coloured napkins which they proudly placed on all our heads.

D13015.jpg

D13016.jpg

D13017.jpg

They were able to fashion all sorts of designs with these napkins. One of the doctors at our table had a Peter Pan napkin hat. It was too funny looking around the restaurant seeing everybody with napkins on their heads. :rotfl:

D13018.jpg

D13019.jpg

Overall we had an enjoyable meal. The food was decent, no different than the food you would get up at the buffet but the characters and the bit with the napkins was hilarious.

Click here to continue

Love the napkin hats. :cool1: Bad service=server party the night before maybe? :confused3 :laughing:

A compliment for Beth. Den (DH) thought you were sisters. That's not to say he thought Lessa looked old, he thought you looked young! :goodvibes

Looks like a fun meal. Sorry the waitors were off. You and your Mom look really cute in your napkin hats. :goodvibes

:laughing: Thanks, it was a bit bizarre at first but we all had fun with it.

Love the napkin hats. :cool1: Bad service=server party the night before maybe? :confused3 :laughing:

:laughing:

A compliment for Beth. Den (DH) thought you were sisters. That's not to say he thought Lessa looked old, he thought you looked young! :goodvibes

Well so long as I don't look old. ;)

How fun!! Your Goofy turned out VERY nicely!! :thumbsup2 Sorry they couldn't seem to get your breakfast time right and then the service wasn't the best. The characters looked like they were fun, though! GREAT pics!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter