The Running Thread -- 2022

March Running:
Total Distance: 106.6 miles
Average Pace: 10:43/mi

Most total distance in about 5 months, having run a marathon in November, Goofy in January, and the Fairy Tale Challenge in February. So I guess this is the first month in a while I haven't been tapering down to/recovering from a race. Currently training for a half marathon in May, then I think I need to mentally take a break from race training mindset for a while. I didn't get into the NYC Marathon, which is probably a blessing because I was ambivalent about it at best.

Last edited:
March totals:
Running: 81.2 miles
Swimming: 5 hours
Lunchtime walks: 24.2 miles
Yoga: 3.5 hours
Strength training: only managing 1 - 25 minute session a week

Pretty decent month, but I still would like to be more consistent with strength training, aiming for twice a week. That's always the first thing that goes when life gets busy though. I'm currently training for a 25K in May and totally winging my training, but I think it's going well because I feel good, plus I ran a hilly, windy, cold 15K last weekend at a solid pace and felt strong despite the elements.

102.2 miles for March
259.1 miles for 2022

My highest mileage month since November 2019 when I was training for the 2020 WDW marathon. I'm not registered for any races and my next one isn't likely to be until the Donna half in February 2023 but I have a goal of getting to 1,000 miles this year. I've only hit 1,000 or more miles in a year once (2012) since I started keeping track in 2009.

March 2022 totals
Distance: 202.2km (125mi)
Average pace: 6m24s/km (10:17/mi)
YTD: 487.3km on 2022km

I am impressed with myself. Super busy month at work and lots going on at home, I had accepted to have an average month. I was surprised last night when I saw the numbers so I had to round it up to 202.2 🥳

March Totals
Swim - 17.3 miles
Bike - 156 miles, 7200 ft elevation
Run - 42.6 miles

Not much running or cycling last month as swimming took priority for the Oceanman 5k and the World Islands Challenge (4.5k) this coming Sunday. Ride London 100 is at the end of May, so I imagine my coach will move the focus to the bike for the next two months with enough running and swimming to keep me happy while the weather starts heating up.

March Summary
Running Miles: 204.95 (new PR!)
Running Time: 41:12:08
Average Pace: 12:00/mi
Average HR: 138/min

Extras:
Walking Miles: 55.52
Rolling 12mo Running Miles: 1,989.17
New single run distance PR: 75.96

March was certainly a busy and eventful month with new PRs for both single run and monthly distances, even if they weren't as high as I had hoped. Blackbeard's Revenge was a fun race right up until my untimely ending and I'm already making plans to go back for the much more "civilized" 100k next year. April will see a slow return to running as the blisters on the bottoms of my feet allow and I'll be making a race plan for the rest of the year so I have a plan to carry me through the summer.

I don't know how you feel about people tweaking the plans you set up for them, @DopeyBadger, but you might want to add my experience this month as a data point in your plan efficacy metrics. I used the Dopey plan you set up for me back in 2017 to train for both the 100k and 100m races I've run. I modified them a bit by moving mileage to the weekend to give some longer Saturday runs before my Sunday long runs, but kept total weekly mileage to what you'd designed. I think it says something that the plan, with a maximum long run of 16 miles, prepared me to complete the 100k and get through 76 miles of the 100 miler. I still maintain that I would have finished with a better early race strategy and weather conditions, too. Thanks again for a plan that continues to serve me well!

March
61.2 miles
Lowest monthly mileage in a long while, and most of those miles were around 12:00 m/m. We went to WDW for the first week of F&G festival and I came home sick with a bad cold. Never tested, but stayed home for 1 1/2 weeks just in case it was more. And just as I was getting over the cold, pollen hit big time, so I took every mile slow. Even today, I kept a buff around my wrist to wipe my eyes and blow my nose, and I needed to clear my throat and spit a couple of times every mile.
Next race is the Lake Hartwell Dam Run 10K May 4. Hoping I’ll get some better runs in between now and then. (Although my goal is to run fewer miles this year, I don’t want it to be because I don’t feel well! LOL)

March Totals

Running - 34 miles
Bike - 75.7 miles

I'm happy with the number of running miles. It means I'm actually being consistent with my running. I'm capping all runs at 3miles for now, as per doctors orders. I also got in trouble, since my knee has been feeling better, I pushed my pace a little too much, which surprise surprise, means my knee is hurting again. Doctor told me to keep the miles short and slow for now.

February Totals
218.59 miles
7:15 avg/mile
Thats impressive! Would you happen to be running a certain little race in the north east this month? Sure looks like you put in the miles and pace to have a BQ to qualify.
We ran the Race to the Cave 10k in Alabama at Cathedral Caverns State Park. The last 1.2 miles was in a cave, which was so cool!
That looks like a really cool race! Is it much cooler in the cave for the last bit of the run?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter