The rest of 2014 for the classics? Any speculations as to when and what?

How about some summer cruises to Hawaii?? :thumbsup2 Any chance do you think?:confused3

I know that some have mentioned the Hawaii cruises not selling as quickly as first thought, but there are some (well me at least;)) who would love to go, but can only travel when the children are out of school in August:thumbsup2

The first cruise was sold out for the most part within 48 hours.

They then announced a 2nd sailing and many jumped ship as it fit their schedule better.

I think it was harder for them to fill 2 ships.

If they were smart they would have just one cruise right when school get out(earlier out west?) and fill the ship with kids and that would make them huge profits!

Do some areas get out in May?
Our schools key out fir summer in mid June.
I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Do some areas get out in May?
Our schools key out fir summer in mid June.
I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Our schools (Phx area) get out the 3rd week in May. Rellies in Wash St. go to the end of June. All depends on the district.

Most of Oregon is out around the second week of June unless we have too many snow days, but the private schools and those not on semesters get out in late May.

We are in So. Cal and our school district gets out the third week in June.

I am really hoping they decide to bring a ship back here. I would book another Mexican Riviera in a heartbeat (loved that cruise).

But if they are going to do it, they need to advertise it. I could not believe that the ship was here for two years (almost) and I only saw one advertisement. I was amazed at how many friends and coworkers were surprised when I told them I was going on a Disney cruise out of LA. They had no idea the ship was here. There was never a single sign or advertisement for it at Disneyland even. :confused3

If they are wondering why they couldn't fill a ship here, they need to look at their own marketing department because someone really dropped the ball there.

I'd travel for more cruises out of the west coast. Hawaii would be great. Kids get out third week of June.... wow! That's not affording them much of a summer vacation!:sad2:

I'd travel for more cruises out of the west coast. Hawaii would be great. Kids get out third week of June.... wow! That's not affording them much of a summer vacation!:sad2:

I'm assuming the kids who get out of school in June go back after Labor Day. Our kids go back the 2nd week of August.

I'm assuming the kids who get out of school in June go back after Labor Day. Our kids go back the 2nd week of August.

Exactly. We go back the Thursday after Labor Day :thumbsup2

Considering that most of June and about 1/2 of July can be taken over by June Gloom (weather), I hope they don't change it. Our best summer weather is in August so I would not want to have the kids going back to school then.

jdb in AZ said:

My son gets out mid June and goes back mid August. Summer is only 2 mos here but winter break is almost a month.

THAT would be nice... offers you a few more opportunities to travel (a winter vacation maybe). :thumbsup2

lodge said:
THAT would be nice... offers you a few more opportunities to travel (a winter vacation maybe). :thumbsup2

It can. I booked the Fantasy for Jan 4, 2014 and it was much cheaper than peak season. Airfare will be decent too. We live in southern CA so there's really no harsh winter to escape. The lower cost to travel that time of year is definitely a plus though.

But if they are going to do it, they need to advertise it. I could not believe that the ship was here for two years (almost) and I only saw one advertisement. I was amazed at how many friends and coworkers were surprised when I told them I was going on a Disney cruise out of LA. They had no idea the ship was here. There was never a single sign or advertisement for it at Disneyland even. :confused3

If they are wondering why they couldn't fill a ship here, they need to look at their own marketing department because someone really dropped the ball there.

Same in the UK there is zero advertising, even when the ship was in Dover.

Exactly. We go back the Thursday after Labor Day :thumbsup2

Considering that most of June and about 1/2 of July can be taken over by June Gloom (weather), I hope they don't change it. Our best summer weather is in August so I would not want to have the kids going back to school then.

Is the June Gloom on the West Coast? The weather is just starting to be nice here in New England.

Considering recent history with the Magic and Wonder's itinerary changes for 2012/2013, I don't think anyone knows where all of the 2013 cruises will go on the classics until they actually set sail. It will be a while before 2014 is definite.

lbgraves said:
Considering recent history with the Magic and Wonder's itinerary changes for 2012/2013, I don't think anyone knows where all of the 2013 cruises will go on the classics until they actually set sail. It will be a while before 2014 is definite.

Well that's an unsettling thought, isn't it? I was on the Wonder MR Christmas cruise that was supposed to be leaving on the 22nd so I know exactly what you're taking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter