The Rebels are Rarin' to Go in January

disney_mommy

"Dear god, what am I doing? This is half a man."
Welcome Rebels!!​

*************************************************​
A January thread for the Alliance Rebels. Anyone else ready for winter to be over?

Our member list:

K80K - Katie - Baltimore
wdwprncess77 - Jane - New York - 7/7
french lady - Diane
mandac - Manda - Utah
Suzann - - Seattle
scoolover - Scott - Connecticut
cwnhokie - - West Virginia
ghoulishgirl - Tiffany - California
grstink - Gretchen - New Jersey
forceword - Liam - London
RENThead09 - Pat - Vegas
jenanderson - Jen - Minnesota
CapeCodRob - Rob - Massachusetts
sailors_wfe - Christy - Virginia
luckymum22 - Barb (and Silent Bob) - Pennsylvania
G&GMom - Joy - Florida
j-sun - Virginia
deleckidesign - Michelle - Michigan
momto2littlemonsters - Shawna - Florida
krishouse - Kristin - Ontario
jwalker1 - James - Illinois
nkkilala - Nikki - Michigan
LuvCuteBoys
srp1103 - Stacie
disney_mommy - Andrea - Virginia
MikeofRose&Mike - Mike -

Rebel Calendar:

June

7th Annual DUI Victims Memorial 10k Run - 5th
Luckymum22

Zooma Annapolis Half - 6th
K80K

Minneapolis Half Marathon - 6th
jenanderson

Hometown 5K
jwalker1 (Recap)

SH7 - 12th
K80K

Bear Lake 10K - 12th
mandac

Expedition Everest Challenge - 12th
cwnhokie
momto2littlemonsters

B10 10Mi - 19th
K80K

french lady

Cypress 10K - 24th
RENThead09

Craig Heisey Memorial 5K - 26th
Luckymum22

Run for the Pies 5K
momto2littlemonsters

~~~~~~~~~~
August

Tour de Pain - 7th, 8th
momto2littlemonsters

Abe's Amble 10K
jwalker1

Twilight Trot 10K - 15th
Luckymum22

Bronx Half - 15th
wdwprncess77 (Recap)

Eagle 'Hadventurish' Races
Luckymum22

~~~~~~~~~~
September

Morse Mini - 4th
MikeofRose&Mike (Recap)

Disneyland Half - 5th
K80K
ghoulishgirl
RENThead09 (Recap)

Montreal Half - 5th
french lady

Virginia Beach Rock 'n' Roll Half - 5th
disney_mommy (Recap)
sailors_wfe

Bupa Great North Run - 19th
forceword

Philly Rock ‘n’ Roll Half - 19th
K80K

Children's Way 5K - 26th
momto2littlemonsters

~~~~~~~~~~
October

Disney Wine and Dine Half - 2nd
K80K
disney_mommy (Recap)
wdwprncess77 (Recap)
srp1103
MikeofRose&Mike (Recap)

Lewis & Clark Marathon - 3rd
jwalker

Hershey Half Marathon, Relay - 3rd
Luckymum22 (with Silent Bob) (Recap)

Race for the Cure
momto2littlemonsters

Lewis & Clark Marathon - 3rd
jwalker1

Boston Half - 10th
K80K

Baltimore Half - 16th
K80K

GO! St. Louis Halloween 10k - 17th
jwalker1

Stoudt's Brewing Distance Classic 12k - 23rd
Luckymum22

~~~~~~~~~~
November

1st Annual Just for Kicks 10k - 13th
Luckymum22 (Recap)

Jingle Bell 5k - 14th
nkkilala (Recap)

Philadelphia Half - 21st
K80K

Turkey Trot 5k - 25th
nkkilala

~~~~~~~~~~
December

PUMA Hellrunner
forceword (Recap)
Frostbite Festival 10mile - 7th
jwalker1

Rehobeth Half - 11th
K80K

~~~~~~~~~~

January

Disney World Half/Full Marathon - 8th, 9th
forceword - Goofy - Full Bib #2486, Half Bib #21288
luckymum22 - half - Bib #29299
Luckydad - half - Bib #29292
ghoulishgirl - Goofy
jwalker1 - Goofy
wdwprncess77 - half
grstink - half
grstink's daughter - Goofy
nkkilala - half - Bib #37416
deleckidesign - half - Bib #34534
G&GMom - full - Bib #10823

~~~~~~~~~~
February

Virginia is for Lovers 14k
disney_mommy

Disney's Princess Half Marathon and 5K - 26th, 27th
disney_mommy
MikeofRose&Mike

~~~~~~~~~~
May

Mini Marathon
deleckidesign

~~~~~~~~~~
September

Disneyland Half Marathon
deleckidesign

About W.I.S.H

Within the DISboards, there is a group of DISers that like to talk about getting healthy or staying healthy, and all of the things that entails. They are called W.I.S.Hers. On this thread, TXBelle (Heather) shares the history of W.I.S.H. and how it all began.

You are always welcome to post on the W.I.S.H boards and ask questions, or to offer advice for someone else. Once you've posted, you are automatically a member of W.I.S.H!

Within W.I.S.H there are smaller teams of about 20 people each. You do not have to be on a team to be a member of W.I.S.H and you do not have to be a member of W.I.S.H to be on a team. They are just a way for smaller groups of people to get to know each other and to offer more personalized advice and suggestions.

How can I join a team?

Simply find the team you are intersted in (this post is a good starting place) and start posting. Introduce yourself and join right in.

About the Rebels

On February 7, 2009, windwalker asked for a volunteer to lead a new team he named Rebel Alliance. It didn't appear that there were many people eager to take on that job! Soon however, Suzann and scoolover (Scott) stepped up and offered to share the duties of heading up the new team. Back then, every team member had to announce their monthly miles and minutes and the team captain kept a team total.

Before long the team had 11 members and by June we were up to 14. One of the latest monthly threads was started in July of 2009 by Suzann until K80K (Katie) started one in September of that same year. October was skipped and a November thread was started by wdwprincess (Jane). By this time, most members of the team had drifted away. "Real life" got in the way, training slowed down, there was an injury... For whatever reason, it appeared that the Rebels had disbanded.

In January of 2010, deekaypee (Debra) started asking for opinions for the new year and scoolover (Scott) offered to re-start the Rebels. He started a thread asking if any past team members were interested in coming back, and a few did. Then jmasgat (Maura) started filling the team in with brand new people who were either new to W.I.S.H or were ready to join a team. The numbers rose quickly and before long the team had 20 members.

For personal reasons, scoolover (Scott) asked disney_mommy (Andrea) to take over as team captain in February 2010. She accepted and the team is in its current state.

Helpful Tips/Links

Looking for General W.I.S.H information? This thread is a good place to start. It lists many DIS threads that you may find helpful.

Need general information about a variety of topics, including running, walking, programs, gear, pacing? Check out this great thread by chimera. It includes links to a huge number of resources you might find useful.

Looking for a fun way to get in some extra walking? How about joining the Walk to Disney Challenge? Keep track of your daily walking miles (by pedometer or GPS) and log them in. See how close you would be if you were actually walking to The World!

Many Rebels are signed up on DailyMile.com, a site to post your workout miles/minutes and talk about them. It could be called the Facebook of workouts. If you sign up, feel free to "friend" the Rebels listed below. Be sure to include a note in your friend request mentioning you are a Rebel!

disney_mommy - DM username "disney_mommy"
luckymum22 - DM username "LuckyMum22"
jenanderson - DM username "jenanderson"

If you are interested in getting a ticker for your signature (for a weight loss goal, or just for an upcoming vacation), the DIS has its own options now. They can be found here.

If you would like a Userbar for your signature, check out this thread. bellaDisneydncr created a bunch of W.I.S.H userbars as well as Rebel Alliance specific bars (they are on page 2, post #27, or here). Also on her thread are bars for the Disney races. If you'd like to use an animator, an excellent one can be found here.

The Rebels have several logo options, if you would prefer to have one of them in your signature. They can be found on this post. If you have any suggestions or ideas for more, please post it on our thread!

If you'd like to get to know your teammates on a personal level, please look us up on Facebook or Twitter. When you send a friend request, be sure to mention that you're a Rebel!

Want to catch up on past team threads?

December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
and the 'first' thread is here.

Hey, teammates! Here's our new thread, completely updated.

Mike, I'm so sorry I haven't added you to the roster! I just completely missed it! You are officially on there now, though. :rolleyes:

I've added a few new races to the calendar and deleted the months through June. Next month I'll take a few more off.

I also added the bib numbers to the race next week.

I can't wait to read everyone's recaps from their races! There are so many Rebels racing, I hope you all get a chance to meet each other. It sounds like most everyone racing is ready (physically if not mentally!). I know you all will do great and have an amazing time. Good luck!

21288 for the half and 2486 for the full.

Staying in BCV from Thursday to Tuesday.

Hope to see some of you there.

Good luck everyone,

Liam

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in forever but I am back! I will be running the full this Sunday, my first ever! I am bib #10823.

I'm at the departure gate at London Gatwick about to fly to Orlando to run two races of 39.3 miles over two days and I can't wait.

So excited, be seeing you all soon,

Liam

Hi rebels!
Can't wait to here about the half today and the full tomorrow. Looks like the weather cooperated.
deleckidesign Which mini-marathon are you running in May? Kentucky Derby Festival?
Andrea I am going to attend Princess, so maybe we can meet. Two of Rose's sisters backed out, so since the room was already paid for I decided to come down. One sister is still coming, so I am going to run with them. Not sure if I am wearing a TuTu or not;)

Mike

Congratulations to Our Finishers
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
forceword - Goofy - Full Bib #2486, Half Bib #21288 ,2:38:07
luckymum22 - half - Bib #29299 3:00:39
Luckydad - half - Bib #29292 3:00:39
ghoulishgirl - Goofy
jwalker1 - Goofy
wdwprncess77 - half
grstink - half
nkkilala - half - Bib #37416 3:23:33
deleckidesign - half - Bib #34534 2:57:34
G&GMom - full - Bib #10823

Mike

Hi rebels!
Can't wait to here about the half today and the full tomorrow. Looks like the weather cooperated.
deleckidesign Which mini-marathon are you running in May? Kentucky Derby Festival?
Andrea I am going to attend Princess, so maybe we can meet. Two of Rose's sisters backed out, so since the room was already paid for I decided to come down. One sister is still coming, so I am going to run with them. Not sure if I am wearing a TuTu or not;)

Mike

Indianapolis!

Congratulations to Our Finishers
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
forceword - Goofy - Full Bib #2486, Half Bib #21288 5:02:10,2:38:07
luckymum22 - half - Bib #29299 3:00:39
Luckydad - half - Bib #29292 3:00:39
ghoulishgirl - Goofy
jwalker1 - Goofy
wdwprncess77 - half
grstink - half
nkkilala - half - Bib #37416 3:23:33
deleckidesign - half - Bib #34534 2:57:34
G&GMom - full - Bib #10823 5:53:02

Mike

Congratulations to our finishers - and thanks Mike for looking that info up! Now we need some recaps. They're probably all still in WDW relaxing and drinking. They've earned it, though. :thumbsup2

Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for the Virginia is for Lover's 14k on February 12th. Figure it will help me move my butt in preparation for the Princess. It looks like it's mostly a couples thing, so not only will I be the last one crawling over the finish line, I'll be the only single there. Yay for me! :rolleyes:

Popped in a Leslie Sansone DVD and walked 2 miles worth last night. Liked it much more than the treadmill 3 miler of Sunday. Think I'll keep doing the DVDs and use the TM to break up the monotony and make sure I keep moving forward.

How about everyone else - is everyone moving? Except for our racers, of course, who have earned a few days off! :thumbsup2

Just got back from Disney(drove from FL to NJ just behind the storm).:worship: I am so proud that I have now successfully completed my second Half Marathon. Wow, what an adventure.:thumbsup2 I want to thank all the Wishers out there for their wonderful support and encouragement. It really is such a great feeling to be cheered on with such enthusiasm.:yay::cheer2: Daughter and I are already planning for next year. Hope I can keep up and stay on track.:rolleyes1
Thanks to all the Rebels for being here to share all the good times and bad. We really do rely on one another for encouragement, support, and celebration.:grouphug:

Hey everyone!!!

So happy to have my first Half under my belt!!

We are still in the World and will be returning to "real life" on Saturday!

I have so-so internet here right now and will upload more when I get back home!

I want to thank all of you, and the WISHers on the course for your support! I had a great time and you were all a part of it!

Here is a link to my official photos!
PHOTOS!

More to come!!!

Well I'm back and I have officially conquered the marathon! I will give my report this weekend - I can't access this site from work. Congratulations to everyone who ran last weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter