The Rebels are Rarin' to Go in January

Just got back from Disney(drove from FL to NJ just behind the storm).:worship: I am so proud that I have now successfully completed my second Half Marathon. Wow, what an adventure.:thumbsup2 I want to thank all the Wishers out there for their wonderful support and encouragement. It really is such a great feeling to be cheered on with such enthusiasm.:yay::cheer2: Daughter and I are already planning for next year. Hope I can keep up and stay on track.:rolleyes1
Thanks to all the Rebels for being here to share all the good times and bad. We really do rely on one another for encouragement, support, and celebration.:grouphug:

Congratulations Gretchen!! We're so proud of you, too! :grouphug: I bolded the part above that I love, I hope we can stay like that for each other.

Hey everyone!!!

So happy to have my first Half under my belt!!

We are still in the World and will be returning to "real life" on Saturday!

I have so-so internet here right now and will upload more when I get back home!

I want to thank all of you, and the WISHers on the course for your support! I had a great time and you were all a part of it!

Here is a link to my official photos!
PHOTOS!

More to come!!!

Congratulations Nikki!! We're so happy and proud of you! I love your pictures, they are great. But the best part is that you are smiling in every single one of them. It looks like you had a blast. :cheer2:

Well I'm back and I have officially conquered the marathon! I will give my report this weekend - I can't access this site from work. Congratulations to everyone who ran last weekend!

Congratulations Joy!! Awesome job on those 26.2 miles! :woohoo: Can't wait to read your report.

Hi Rebels! I kind of have been silent here for a few months. Hopefully most will remember my struggles with finding out that I have asthma. Nothing really has changed there other than I have a lot more good days than bad. In Oct I completed my first marathon. I didn’t have a real great time but I did finish. Plus, it was great reaching my goal even though asthma kept me from training quite a bit of the times.

I struggled most of the fall also and could hardly train for the Goofy. But, some how, I crossed the finish line at the WDW Marathon and had two medals given to me, which made three medals for the weekend. No race reports at the moment but I will be writing ones for my blog soon.

Unfortunately, I am not doing well at the moment. I had to go to Express Care Wednesday because of breathing issues had gotten out of control. I guess my lungs became highly irritated from the weekend races. This same thing happened after my last marathon. I suspect this is my new norm. I think I will be OK just need some time for Prednisone to kick in. Hopefully I will feel better in a couple of days.

Anyway, “Congrats” to all the Rebels for some great racing!!!

I am working on getting my races ready for 2011 and will get them posted here.

Take care and keep up the racing!!!

[/QUOTE]
:grouphug: James - hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know how it is going for. Excellent Job completing Goofy:worship:

Congratulations to everyone else and looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Mike

Hope this works. Liked Nikki's idea of adding the link to the photos. So here goes....

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91687985

Will try to get my pics up soon.

Thanks Andrea.

James, I hope all goes well for a speedy recovery. The Goofy is certainly a great achievement. Congratulations to you.

Hi Rebels! I kind of have been silent here for a few months. Hopefully most will remember my struggles with finding out that I have asthma. Nothing really has changed there other than I have a lot more good days than bad. In Oct I completed my first marathon. I didn’t have a real great time but I did finish. Plus, it was great reaching my goal even though asthma kept me from training quite a bit of the times.

I struggled most of the fall also and could hardly train for the Goofy. But, some how, I crossed the finish line at the WDW Marathon and had two medals given to me, which made three medals for the weekend. No race reports at the moment but I will be writing ones for my blog soon.

Unfortunately, I am not doing well at the moment. I had to go to Express Care Wednesday because of breathing issues had gotten out of control. I guess my lungs became highly irritated from the weekend races. This same thing happened after my last marathon. I suspect this is my new norm. I think I will be OK just need some time for Prednisone to kick in. Hopefully I will feel better in a couple of days.

Anyway, “Congrats” to all the Rebels for some great racing!!!

I am working on getting my races ready for 2011 and will get them posted here.

Take care and keep up the racing!!!

James - Wow, first of all, congratulations on your 2 marathnos and 1 half. That's quite an accomplishment, especially considering your struggle with asthma.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time getting and keeping that under control. Please take care of yourself as getting healthy is more important than getting a race done. :grouphug: Please keep us updated as to how you are doing, and get on that race report!

Hope this works. Liked Nikki's idea of adding the link to the photos. So here goes....

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91687985

Gretchen - Great pictures! You look so proud of yourself!

Great photos everyone.

Nikki, belated congratulations on your great half.

Here are my photos for the half

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=74488&BIB=2486&S=230&PWD=

And the full

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=74488&BIB=2486&S=230&PWD=

I'm putting together the video that I took on the way round with the photos and I hope to be able to post a link in the next day or two.

Best wishes to all,

Liam

Liam - I love your pics, too! Especially the character ones. I was too afraid to stop for any of the characters during the Princess last year (didn't want to lose time), but these make me wish I had! Can't wait to see the video.

Everyone - What healthy thing did you do for yourself over the weekend?

I walked a lot on Saturday. Went to DC for the day and walked from the Metro to 2 museums and walked all around them. Wish I had a GPS or pedomoeter on. I bet it would be some impressive numbers!

Oops. These are my half photos

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=74486&BIB=21288&S=230&PWD=

Liam - I love your pics, too! Especially the character ones. I was too afraid to stop for any of the characters during the Princess last year (didn't want to lose time), but these make me wish I had! Can't wait to see the video.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. I stopped for almost character photo available. I really wasn't concerned about my time at all and I wanted to enjoy everything that is special about the Disney races and getting as many character photos as possible was something I'd promised my wife and daughter. It was the only way I was given permission to come.

I'd pre-ordered the Goofy photo package but they are being quite slow about making them available for download. Sometime between now and Wednesday is their latest estimate. I should get the video up very soon after that.

Liam

Oops. These are my half photos

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=74486&BIB=21288&S=230&PWD=

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. I stopped for almost character photo available. I really wasn't concerned about my time at all and I wanted to enjoy everything that is special about the Disney races and getting as many character photos as possible was something I'd promised my wife and daughter. It was the only way I was given permission to come.

Liam

I like the pictures, great shots with lots of characters.

Everyone - What healthy thing did you do for yourself over the weekend?

I walked a lot on Saturday. Went to DC for the day and walked from the Metro to 2 museums and walked all around them. Wish I had a GPS or pedomoeter on. I bet it would be some impressive numbers!

Andrea, good job with the walking. I went for 12 miles Saturday and tried a new fuel. Pretzel M&Ms. It was outstanding. The salt was needed.

Mike

I went for 12 miles Saturday and tried a new fuel. Pretzel M&Ms. It was outstanding. The salt was needed.
Mike

Excellent tip, Mike. The thought of having pretzel M&Ms might be just the motivation I need to get out there for a long walk! ;)

Everyone's pics look so good. And thanks to those who commented on mine. Yes, I was extremely proud that day.:cloud9:
After the race, my knee started to bother me somewhat. Walking the parks for 2 days didn't help it much either. Once I got home, I rested it. Today was the first day back out walking (the snow here didn't help my motivation much). It felt so good to get back out and walk with just a little discomfort in the knee. Now, I'm hoping I can keep it going. It's funny because I walked with my cousin today and she mentioned about doing the race next year with me and my daughter. It seems our discussions about the events and fun at Disney races has inspired her to join me and my daughter in our healthy experiences. I actually was thinking (in one of my crazier moments) that I might attempt the full marathon next year with my daughter.:rotfl2: When I told her of these thoughts, she just busted out laughing and said, "wow, this coming from someone whose past athletic activity consisted of opening a book to read." :rotfl::rotfl:
Hope all is well with the Rebels and happy moving.......

Congratulations Liam.
Your video was so much fun to watch. It really captures the moments of the day. I especially love your picture at the end wearing your 3 medals.
Nice job!

Hi Rebels, doing a lot better today. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Seeing that Rebels are posting race pics, here is mine.

Half

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91704144

Full

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91733195

James - Great pictures, you look like you're very seriously concentrating!

Everyone's pics look so good. And thanks to those who commented on mine. Yes, I was extremely proud that day.:cloud9:
After the race, my knee started to bother me somewhat. Walking the parks for 2 days didn't help it much either. Once I got home, I rested it. Today was the first day back out walking (the snow here didn't help my motivation much). It felt so good to get back out and walk with just a little discomfort in the knee. Now, I'm hoping I can keep it going. It's funny because I walked with my cousin today and she mentioned about doing the race next year with me and my daughter. It seems our discussions about the events and fun at Disney races has inspired her to join me and my daughter in our healthy experiences. I actually was thinking (in one of my crazier moments) that I might attempt the full marathon next year with my daughter.:rotfl2: When I told her of these thoughts, she just busted out laughing and said, "wow, this coming from someone whose past athletic activity consisted of opening a book to read." :rotfl::rotfl:
Hope all is well with the Rebels and happy moving.......

Gretchen - that's awesome that maybe your cousin might be able to join you next year. Maybe it will become a family tradition. Good for you for getting back out there. When I finished the Princess last year, my mistake was I took too much time off, then I couldn't seem to find my motivation anymore. I should have gotten back out there like you did.

Hi all,

ASI finally allowed me to download my photos so I could finish my video. Hope you find it interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkdJdOXxEU0

I shot it in 720p so you can watch it in hi-def if your broadband is up to it.

Liam

Liam - Will watch the video later at home (at work now). Can't wait to see it.

I managed to get in a few miles over the weekend, on the treadmill. Getting a consistent 2-3 miles every time I do it. I just need to do it more days. Was kind of proud of myself last night. The whole family was sitting in the living room watching America's Funniest Videos and laughing, and I got up and left them so I could go on the TM. Was so tempted to just skip it and stay on the couch.

Had a dream last night that I finished my 2.67 miles last night and went to my friend's (who I'm staying with for the Princess), then woke up the next day and realized the race was the following day. I started freaking out, thinking how crazy I was feeling like 2.67 miles was going to get me ready for the half. Guess it's time for the stress dreams to start.

So where are my teammates? I did a 3 miles walking DVD last night. It had extra strength training and exercises thrown in and it totally kicked my butt. The lunges were the worst! I've got a lot of miles to bank before I'm ready for the Princess which is coming up soon.

Hi Rebels!!!

I am here Andrea! It sounds to me like your getting it done, great job!

AFM – No training or pretty much anything physical at the moment. I am still trying to regain control of my asthma. I suspect the Goofy challenge was a tad to much for me. I am glad that I did it but there sure was a price to be paid.

I am thinking heavily about cutting back on the mileage for the rest of the year. Do a few races below 10 miles. I hoping that this cut back will help my regain my health, because it has been kind of scary lately.

Anyway, enough of my sad story. Be Well and lets get some good training and racing in!!! :)

Trying to get back into the swing of things since the 1/2 and build back up mileage slowly. Got in 2.5 miles today and felt OK. DH has been getting me back into weight training - mostly arms and core - and squats. I did core and squats on Mon. and am still sore today. I think the run helped me quads loosen up, though...at least I hope. I have a couple more weeks of running to build back up to 3 miles consistently...then a 12-week training program for my half in May!

Michelle Way to get back into training. The core strength training will pay off. I saw an article in Runners World that said it was worth 45 sec on a 5k. Imagine what it's worth on your half.

James I hope you feel better soon.:grouphug:

Andrea We're here. Although I am a little worried about Nicki, she said she was going to write when she got home. Good job getting the work in the race is coming up fast. Maybe I'll see you there.

AFM Tuesday did my first speedwork since I pulled my hamstring in December, I am a little behind. I'm starting to get serious, I got two weekday runs in this week for the first time in a while. I got 5 in on the treadmill today. This weekend we are supposed to be in the 40s, so I'll get my long run in outside.

Everybody have a good week.

Mike

Hi all. Still here but haven't been walking too much since last Wednesday. I've been "babying" that sore knee which seems to be getting better but slowly. Exercise has mainly been Zumba class and shoveling snow. Yesterday, another 2 feet and more is expected this weekend. Will it ever end?:confused: I really miss the outside walking. Oh well, Spring is coming right? Good luck to all the Princess Race runners and walkers. I'm getting excited for you now.:yay:
Have a great weekend everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter