the real story

As hard it is to comprehend, it could have been a manager or Disney staff reading the boards, and not a DIS member.

We all know that they do read the forums, so nothing is "hidden" from them.

Unfortunately you can't do much until it all ends. I remember that thread, and many asked you to delete it before it even reached one page. It is a shame your employment was on the line there, but other former CM's had the same situation happen to them.

While I never posted responses to any of your threads here on the DIS, I'm aware of what you're talking about and it makes me furious that some low life would do this. It's not surprising though. Some people have nothing better to do but cause problems for other people.

You aren't the first CM this has happened to and you won't be the last. I'm afraid that soon there won't be any CM's that will take the chance on revealing that they work for Disney and then we'll all lose. It's a shame, but that's just the way it is. The simple fact is that if you admit to working for Disney on these boards, you're taking a huge chance that some holier than thou busybody is going to take offense at something you say. What you can count on is that whoever had the nerve to do this won't have the common decency to step up to the plate and admit that they did it.

If someone wants to live in a pixie dust laden fantasy, then fine. But to report someone to their employer because they make some off the cuff, harmless remark is just about as low as someone can go.

As far as any "other boards" go, I wouldn't assume anything until you checked it out for yourself. When you're free to say what you think, you don't have to go behind someone's back to get your point across.

Good luck to you. I hope you work this all out. The last thing I would want to see happen is for the person/persons who did this to succeed.

Angie, I noticed that you hadn't posted in a while and was hoping everything was ok, and that you were just too busy working to post.

I know everything will work out for the best and that I will get to meet you next October.

Take care!

Hope things are going better, Angie. And glad to see you back here posting. Missed ya. And hope to see you in December, in costume. :earsgirl:

Thoughts are with you, Angie..... hope all turns out the way you want it to.

We may be visiting WDW in October and I'll be looking for you! ;)

I am so sorry to hear about your job Angie. I noticed that you hadn't posted anything in a while. I was out of town and then have been really busy at work so I thought that I had missed your posts.

I can't believe that your last post caused such an uproar. I love reading your posts. It is quite obvious from them that you love Disney and WDW and I am so happy that you have the opportunity to live your dream of working at WDW.

I hope things work out real soon. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We missed you!!!!

Sorry to hear about your problem Angie. I hope everything works out for you. I remember how excited you were when you got your job.
Good luck :D

You know how I feel about this whole situation. You were dealt a bad hand. I still feel as I did in the post where you apologized....there were many hands stirring the pot, so to speak. Just the fact that someone SENT this information to Disney tells me they have nothing better to do than cause pain for others. I would not be surprised to know this person (or people since you said there was more than one letter sent), is reading this. I hope they have found much satisfaction...every dog has their day!

With that said, I hope human resources makes up their mind to allow you back to work soon. It's really not fair. :(

Angela, I'm glad you let the folks here know what's been going on. You know you have friends here - don't give up on us! You've learned a very valuable lesson & I hope you get some good news from work soon!
Hang in there!

Angie,

From one fellow thespian to another, don't let the bad guys get you down! I read your thread a few weeks ago and can't believe the brouhaha that came from it!

I hope you get back to work real soon and I still hope to bump into you someday at WDW. We haven't been there in quite a while.

Keep your chin up!
VAL (Mama Rose)

Wow, what a mean spirited person(s) to do that to you. They must be jealous and miserable and bittter. I'd hate to be that person's (or persons') employee, spouse or child!

This is totally unfair to you.

Angie I'm sorry this happened to you.

Several wks after the issue had ended, a woman from human resources informed me that they had recently received a number of complaints about this long gone thread. At least one included the link to my journal. Because of these complaints, I had to write a witness statement explaining my side of the story, and I've been temporarily suspended while they investigate.

If they have complaints, then they are obviously documented and you have a right to read them - since they are about you. I would ask for copies of the complaints and the names of who complained. If it was via email, ask for the IP addresses and trace them yourself. It is your right to know since it is about you.

Then at least you could have a little better idea who your "enemies" are, so to speak.

If they can't or won't give you copies, then perhaps that might be because no one complained at all but someone from Disney happened to read here. You have pretty much made your life an open book; it wouldn't be difficult at all for someone from Disney to figure out who you are.

You're a better woman than me - I'd not only find out who they are, but I'd be sure to note if they were "complaining" on their own company's time and I'd let their company know. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

That being said though, Angie, the particular thread in question I read. You were given good advice by many, many people as to why you should not be posting that kind of stuff, and if I remember correctly, most of them were afraid for your job.

Hopefully, next time, when people give you good advice, you'll listen a little more swiftly.

I'm sorry that this happened Angie.

That being said, it's not the posters speaking their minds at other boards that you have to worry about. It's the people at the DIS smiling in your face while sharpening their knives that you have to worry about.

Angie, I'm really sorry that happened. I think it was most people's greatest fear and that's why everyone was advising you to have the post deleted.
I also think that there is a chance that no one sent a complaint about the post but rather Disney management read it for themselves. If somebody/bodies sent a complaint in to disney then they should be ashamed because if they had ever read your posts they would know you love disney and the guests and you aren't out disparaging them at every point.
I am really sorry for what's happened though and I hope it all works out that you go back to your job without a reprimand.

Angie, I am truly sorry that this happened to you. The DIS has dealt with anonymous complaints before and Disney was not ready to give the name(s) of those complaining. I tried to warn you that Disney DOES read these boards, so it is possible that it was a manager or even another CM.

I seriously doubt that your apology thread (or anyone responding to it) had anything to do with what happened, but you really have to be careful what you say. I'm sorry you had to learn this lesson the hard way and knowing how you love your job, I hope that you don't lose it for one mistake.
CC

I'm also sorry this has happened to you, I agree that it appeared that most people on the original thread were only looking out for your best interests, based on what I saw, I tend to believe it was either a lurker or someone from Disney that saw the post..I don't recall anyone being upset with you, everyone was just trying to warn you of the ways of the corporate world, especially for a high profile company like Disney

I believe, if it were to become neccessary, you would have no trouble getting people from here to speak up on your behalf,

As I mentioned before, my 21 year old daughter has done the CP and shares the same dream of working at WDW,,I have seen the same Love for Disney in your posts that I see in my daughter, I have seen the same passion when you speak of WDW...

I actually told her to come to this site and look for you,,I think you have a lot in common....

watching you share your experience is refreshing, and I hope you will still come talk with all of your friends here...

keep the faith..all will work out, Disney needs people like you to help create the magic....

Angie,

I'm sorry to hear about your suspension. I read the thread when you posted it and didn't see it as any more than a little innocent venting. Hopefully, management will realize that you are the type of CM they don't want to lose.

PD.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter