• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Ongoing Monorail Closure Schedule

Hello!

Is there an end in site for monorail work/closures? Is it a project with a planned end date?

Hello!

Is there an end in site for monorail work/closures? Is it a project with a planned end date?
No, this isn't a single job they are doing. It is a mechanical system, with trains that are over 25 years old. Multiple projects are happening all the time, schedules like this will probably be happening for a much longer longer time.

Sorry if this has been posted already but my search did not provide an answer.

If the Epcot line happens to be down for some reason, is there a bus at the TTC available? Or a bus from the Poly?

If the Epcot line happens to be down for some reason, is there a bus at the TTC available? Or a bus from the Poly?
Last time I was at Poly, Disney was running busses directly from the resort when the Epcot beam was down.

TTC also has a bus stop for Epcot past the HS stop that has a sign stating something like this bus only runs when Epcot beam is down.

Last time I was at Poly, Disney was running busses directly from the resort when the Epcot beam was down.

TTC also has a bus stop for Epcot past the HS stop that has a sign stating something like this bus only runs when Epcot beam is down.

Got it, thanks. So the Poly only runs buses to Epcot if the line is down then?

Got it, thanks. So the Poly only runs buses to Epcot if the line is down then?
From my experience, yes, the busses only run to replace the Epcot beam when it is out of service due to scheduled maintenance or an issue.

On my last Poly stay, the Epcot beam was not running until 9am due to a scheduled closure. Epcot opened at 9am. I was able to catch a direct bus and was waiting in line at the Epcot entrance by 8:30am. The digital wait time also reflected busses were running to Epcot this morning.

When I was at the GF in December, something closed all the monorails while I was on the resort line. We were evacuated at MK, took the boat to TTC, and were ushered by CMs to an area loading people onto two Epcot busses.

From my experience, yes, the busses only run to replace the Epcot beam when it is out of service due to scheduled maintenance or an issue.

On my last Poly stay, the Epcot beam was not running until 9am due to a scheduled closure. Epcot opened at 9am. I was able to catch a direct bus and was waiting in line at the Epcot entrance by 8:30am. The digital wait time also reflected busses were running to Epcot this morning.

When I was at the GF in December, something closed all the monorails while I was on the resort line. We were evacuated at MK, took the boat to TTC, and were ushered by CMs to an area loading people onto two Epcot busses.

Ok. Thanks! :)

If the epcot beam goes down, the standard practice is to bring busses up for Epcot from TTC-Epcot. Buses from mono resorts to Epcot is a very rare occurrence, it may happen once in a blue moon, but don't plan on it.

Side note but haven't I answered this question for you multiple times already? If not I apologize.

Any schedule updates for 2/25 - 3/7?
Not posted yet.

If the epcot beam goes down, the standard practice is to bring busses up for Epcot from TTC-Epcot. Buses from mono resorts to Epcot is a very rare occurrence, it may happen once in a blue moon, but don't plan on it.

Side note but haven't I answered this question for you multiple times already? If not I apologize.

Not posted yet.

Alright, thanks. :)

No, this is the only time I've posted the question but sorry if I missed it on this thread if you answered it for someone else. I did a search & skimmed through the thread but did not see it.

Having a schedule for the monorail is irrelevant because whenever you need it...it will be broken. Repairs to the entire system have been ongoing now for over 5 years and it does not seem to have done any good. On Tuesday afternoon I tried to ride the resort monorail from the Contemporary to the TTC...would be less than 1 minute on the monorail...took over 35 minutes via bus. On Wednesday tried to take the Epcot monorail from Epcot to the TTC around 10am...they boarded us at the Epcot station, waited 2 minutes and unloaded us off to busses to MK. When I returned to Epcot(via bus) later that evening, the same monorail train was still sitting in the Epcot station.

Over the past 5 years, I am batting 500 when it comes to monorail rides...half of my rides have been either cancelled, delayed substantially, off loaded or been stranded.

Having a schedule for the monorail is irrelevant because whenever you need it...it will be broken. Repairs to the entire system have been ongoing now for over 5 years and it does not seem to have done any good. On Tuesday afternoon I tried to ride the resort monorail from the Contemporary to the TTC...would be less than 1 minute on the monorail...took over 35 minutes via bus. On Wednesday tried to take the Epcot monorail from Epcot to the TTC around 10am...they boarded us at the Epcot station, waited 2 minutes and unloaded us off to busses to MK. When I returned to Epcot(via bus) later that evening, the same monorail train was still sitting in the Epcot station.

Over the past 5 years, I am batting 500 when it comes to monorail rides...half of my rides have been either cancelled, delayed substantially, off loaded or been stranded.
Well it's a 45year old system, 27year old trains, upwards of 20hrs a day, 365 days a year. Mechanical issues happen.

Any schedule update for next week? We stay at shades of green, but use the monorail from the poly for mk opening. Also have reservations the 28th at 8:15am at Epcot. If we have to take a bus from the Poly what time do they start running? Thanks!

Any schedule update for next week? We stay at shades of green, but use the monorail from the poly for mk opening. Also have reservations the 28th at 8:15am at Epcot. If we have to take a bus from the Poly what time do they start running? Thanks!

What are your dates? General busses for ADRs start running around 6:30-7. To get to Epcot tho the Epcot bus would be at TTC not poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter