The Ongoing Monorail Closure Schedule

Staying at GF too (would like monorail schedule for 11/11-19).

Am I correct in that the resort monorail does not close in the middle of the day like the express monorail does?

anything for october yet? or can you post this upcoming week as well maybe the week I am there will be the same???
No, you shouldn't rely on the week prior for what the next week "might" look like. Here's your dates just posted yesterday.

Resort Monorail
7:00AM-12:00AM
Express Monorail
7:30AM-12:00AM
Epcot Monorail
8:00AM-11:00PM
Resort Monorail
7:00AM-12:30AM
Express Monorail
8:30AM-12:30AM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
8:30AM-12:00AM
Express Monorail
9:30AM-11:30AM
6:00PM-11:30PM
Epcot Monorail
9:00AM-11:00PM
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
9:30AM-12:30AM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
9:30AM-11:30AM
6:00PM-12:00AM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
7:00AM-1:00AM
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
7:30AM-11:00PM
Resort Monorail
6:30AM-1:00AM
Express Monorail
7:30AM-12:30AM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
7:30AM-1:00AM
Epcot Monorail

I'm sorry for taking this whole thread back a step, but we're staying on the Monorail for the first time this Thanksgiving (@ the GF). We've taken the monorail on a "that looks like a fun thing to do" basis before but never really relied on it for anything. This thread seems to indicate its not necessarily something that can be relied upon as a primary mode of transport? I guess my biggest question pertains to Thanksgiving day itself, where I am preparing for crazy crowds (we're usually a spring break family, so certainly used to it) - we have Epcot planned and were hoping to get there for rope-drop. I was thinking there was a way to do that via the monorail, but it looks like the Epcot lines are sometimes delayed in opening, and even the resort lines may not be fully operational early. If I'm trying to get to Epcot by 8:30, should we be bussing it instead? Otherwise, what does my route need to be?:

-Resort monorail 2 stops to the TTC.
-Epcot monorail from TTC to Epcot.

? And if I start this process at like 8 AM, should I expect that to a) be timely and b) be available?

Thanks and sorry for my monorail ignorance!!!
Sounded like you were coming from the GF? If so, you'd catch the Epcot monorail from the TTC which is 3 stops away from the GF on the resort monorail. The monorail would be your primary and only direct way form the GF to Epcot. If the train isn't running they'll have a bus.

Am I correct in that the resort monorail does not close in the middle of the day like the express monorail does?
The resort and Epcot rails do not have midday closures. Just the express (MK>TTC). I won't have those dates for another month, I'll keep you posted.

Thank you so much for posting the first week of october. I can not believe Oct 5th there is an 8am opening at the magic kingdom and the resort monorail does not start until 8:30am that is so frustrating. I know there are other moods of transportation to get to mk but you would think with an earlier opening they would have the monorail working earlier as well.

Thank you so much for posting the first week of october. I can not believe Oct 5th there is an 8am opening at the magic kingdom and the resort monorail does not start until 8:30am that is so frustrating. I know there are other moods of transportation to get to mk but you would think with an earlier opening they would have the monorail working earlier as well.
You'd think but that's the way they've been doing things for over two years now. Provided all the opening checks get compelted quickly they may open up early.

Just found this thread as I am contemplating what to do. We really want to drive to MK from CBR (I know, we are crazy but we just like to drive). We have PPO at BOG on 11/29 at 8am so want to be thru security in time for the 7:45 entrance for early ADR's. Regular opening is 9am. If we arrive at TTC at 7am will there be a mode of transport to get us to MK gates? This is also an EMM morning.

We have another early morning planned at MK on 12/2 for 8AM EMH. We want to be thru security in time to watch the opening show at 7:40am. Will we at least be able to take the ferry from the TTC?

FWIW, my full list of dates are 11/27-12/3.

Thanks in advance for all your help @zaccaglin !

Just found this thread as I am contemplating what to do. We really want to drive to MK from CBR (I know, we are crazy but we just like to drive). We have PPO at BOG on 11/29 at 8am so want to be thru security in time for the 7:45 entrance for early ADR's. Regular opening is 9am. If we arrive at TTC at 7am will there be a mode of transport to get us to MK gates? This is also an EMM morning.

We have another early morning planned at MK on 12/2 for 8AM EMH. We want to be thru security in time to watch the opening show at 7:40am. Will we at least be able to take the ferry from the TTC?

Is it an option to take a cab to the contemporary and walk to the magic kingdom. I feel like this is the easiest least time consuming way to get to the magic kingdom. We were just in disney in october the monorails were never truly consistent unfortunately. If you are staying at CBR imo the bus is the easiest option to the magic kingdom. it drops you off right in front as oppose to driving and then having to take a monorail or ferry.

Is it an option to take a cab to the contemporary and walk to the magic kingdom. I feel like this is the easiest least time consuming way to get to the magic kingdom. We were just in disney in october the monorails were never truly consistent unfortunately. If you are staying at CBR imo the bus is the easiest option to the magic kingdom. it drops you off right in front as oppose to driving and then having to take a monorail or ferry.

Unfortunately cab is not an option due to our family size...which is the reason we prefer to drive to the parks rather than take the bus.

Your best bet would be to take the bus, your plans are a bit to precise to factor in the time at the toll plaza, parking, waiting for the ferry/monorail then making your way to MK where you'll then have to do bagcheck/security screening.
Ferry should be running in time if not they should have busses. But even with it being an EMH day their first priority is to get transportation from the resorts since those are the ones who are offered the EMH access. The parking lot isn't on their mind until the parks open to day guests.

Resort Monorail
6:30AM-1:00AM
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
7:30AM-1:00AM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
8:30AM-11:30AM
6:00PM-11:30PM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
8:30AM-1:00AM
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
7:00AM-11:00PM
Express Monorail
8:30AM-11:30AM
6:00PM-11:00PM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
7:30AM-5:30PM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail

I see you have the November Monorail times posted for Nov. 11-17, which overlaps with the end of our stay, which is from Nov. 8-14.

Can you please post for this range of dates, or at least from Nov. 8-10, to fill in the first few days on our visit?

TIA!

Your best bet would be to take the bus, your plans are a bit to precise to factor in the time at the toll plaza, parking, waiting for the ferry/monorail then making your way to MK where you'll then have to do bagcheck/security screening.
Ferry should be running in time if not they should have busses. But even with it being an EMH day their first priority is to get transportation from the resorts since those are the ones who are offered the EMH access. The parking lot isn't on their mind until the parks open to day guests.

You made a really good point about EMH days, thanks for the tip!

What about Early Morning Magic? Since it's a paid event open to all guests (with reservation ) along with ADRS starting at 8am, would transportation from TTC to MK be open in time to clear security by 7:45? Park opens at 9am. And yes, I know my family is odd. We were the first guests to arrive at Epcot for EMH on our trip last year. Got the 1st parking spot. ;)

I see you have the November Monorail times posted for Nov. 11-17, which overlaps with the end of our stay, which is from Nov. 8-14.

Can you please post for this range of dates, or at least from Nov. 8-10, to fill in the first few days on our visit?

TIA!
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
7:30AM-11:30AM
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail

You made a really good point about EMH days, thanks for the tip!

What about Early Morning Magic? Since it's a paid event open to all guests (with reservation ) along with ADRS starting at 8am, would transportation from TTC to MK be open in time to clear security by 7:45? Park opens at 9am. And yes, I know my family is odd. We were the first guests to arrive at Epcot for EMH on our trip last year. Got the 1st parking spot. ;)
With it being A special ticket event I'm sure they'll let you know what kind of transportation they offer if not they can arrange it for you.

Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail

Thank you so much for this! Information is power!

I had just read a trip report where the OP expressed frustration about the options from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom Gates, and frankly I was a bit worried about what to expect. We have a rental car, and we aren't doing too many early mornings, as we are focusing on nighttime entertainment (MVMCP, Wishes, SW:AGS, Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Jingle BAM). But whatever time we go, I prefer to know exactly what to expect. While I may have issues with WDW decisions on the schedule, knowing the operating hours beforehand will ease our planning.

Resort Monorail
Express Monorail
Epcot Monorail

These closing times make no sense. The 9th has EMH from 11 PM - 1 AM, yet both monorails are closing at 12 midnight. I see the monorails are open til 12:30 & 1 AM on MVMCP nights, so I guess the MK must see heavier late night crowds on party nights. IMHO, it takes away from staying at a monorail resort if they shut down the monorail earlier than the park that the monorail connects to!

These closing times make no sense. The 9th has EMH from 11 PM - 1 AM, yet both monorails are closing at 12 midnight. I see the monorails are open til 12:30 & 1 AM on MVMCP nights, so I guess the MK must see heavier late night crowds on party nights. IMHO, it takes away from staying at a monorail resort if they shut down the monorail earlier than the park that the monorail connects to!
They stopped running the monorail for EMH about 5years ago. To run the monorail for EMH they would need a minimum 18cast member pilots, plus monorail centrals, leaders and coordinators to run for the three monorails resorts, and that wou,d be just for the resort beam. With express you'd have to factor in at least 7more pilots, with Epcot 10more on top of that. All that vs the 5 or so CMs to runnbusses for those three resorts. At the end of the day the more profit the execs and mouse can make is the route they're gonna go.

Just stumbled here and am hoping someone may be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. I'll be at the Polynesian and have 8am reservations in Epcot on the 9th. What's my best bet to get there on time? (We won't have a car/car seats so I'm hoping to use park transportation. TIA!

Just stumbled here and am hoping someone may be able to help me out or point me in the right direction. I'll be at the Polynesian and have 8am reservations in Epcot on the 9th. What's my best bet to get there on time? (We won't have a car/car seats so I'm hoping to use park transportation. TIA!
Walk to TTC from the poly, from there get the Epcot monorail, if it's not running, they'll have a bus there at the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter