• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ONE thing you have to do...

maxmouse said:
Wait till you take a Disney cruise and you watch fireworks in the middle of the Ocean

SO TRUE!!! This was just amazing in a way I did not anticipate and cannot explain.

fireworks.jpg

Just one? We always take a group picture on the fire truck in Toon Town every time we go with who ever we are with.

But we do have to eat a Dole Whip and a few churros too.

That's tough.

I know for my wife, it is to have one of those cookie ice cream sundaes on the our last slow walk (very slow walk) down mainstreet and out of the park.

When we first enter the park, we have to enter under the right side tunnel and read the Walt Disney quote:
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy"
that is on a plaque above the tunnel. 4 weeks today until I can read it again!

It used to be ride Matterhorn or Space but in recent years it has been the simple moment of standing at the entrance to Main Street and taking in the Disneyland feeling that washes over me.

I'd say my new favorite is BTMRR at night... during fireworks. :thumbsup2 Among many other things!

I have 4 things on my list so far:
1. RSR -- DS is going to go NUTS!
2. POTC -- Mommy's favorite!
3. Holiday tour so we can watch the parade and hit IASW
4. Watch my kids see all of the magic for the first time and watch DH's reaction to their reaction -- I know he'll get teary.

But I think I'm going to add the Mark Twain steering on there! Both the kids would get a kick out of that!

Great thread! And a toughie.

That first walk down Main St. for me. Like going "home"! Also that final walk down Main St. our last night. Moves me to tears each trip.

DCA? I think TSMM is my favorite there. Although I've yet to see Carsland. WOC is great too!

Food? Ice cream during the parade at DL, or soft serve on the boardwalk in DCA :).

1. World of Color...why? Epic!!!!
2. Peter Pan...why? The scene over "London"
3. California Screamin @ Dusk (front row)....why? Lights on the boardwalk are on, and the sunset in California is Epic!!!!

Food..
1. Mickey Ice Cream..why? why not.
2. Funnel Cake..why? not the best but oh so lovely at "Stage Door".
3. Kettle Corn, while watching WOC...why? Awesome

Space Mtn, Pirates & Haunted Mansion are must-do for me. For DS, it would be Churros & Haunted Mansion (especially NBC overlay!!), and for hubby it's all about the turkey leg. Oooooh, can't wait for my next trip! :cool1:

I always love taking a second, stopping and just watching people. Some magical things happen and to experience that simply makes the trip for me.

Pirates of the Caribbean is our absolute must-do. If we do nithing else we ride Pirates at least twice.

...I am right there with you. During our stays we will usually ride Pirates at least 2-4 times each day, can never seem to get enough of this ride

Great thread! And a toughie.

That first walk down Main St. for me. Like going "home"! Also that final walk down Main St. our last night. Moves me to tears each trip.

DCA? I think TSMM is my favorite there. Although I've yet to see Carsland. WOC is great too!

Food? Ice cream during the parade at DL, or soft serve on the boardwalk in DCA :).

Waking down Main Street is my favorite, and agree moves me to tears too. These are all great favorites.

Having so much fun planning for our son's first trip to Disneyland next year - can't wait to visit DCA for the first time too.

:mickeyjum

I totally agree with the others that first walk down main street feels great, and the appreciation of a great trip on that last walk at night leaving the park on our last day! :goodvibes

Our family loves Splash Mountain. We don't care how cold it is (we live in the sub-Arctic), we love riding it. :lmao:

This is a hard question, but the first thing that came to my mind is riding Space Mountain so I'm going to have to go with that. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter