The Official What's For Dinner thread: - Part 4

DD just informed me that she has NHS induction at 6pm tonight so I have to have something all crocked and done for an early dinner.... wasn't planning on using the beast today. Glynis sent me a recipe for creamy italian chicken... I think I'll try that one!:thumbsup2

Aimee, yuck, pneumonia! Make sure you take it easy while you recover.

Nancy, I am glad you liked the roast.

Here are photos from last night/ Cheesy garlic bread:

2211167556_91d80331e4.jpg

Pasta with chicken, vegetables, pesto, and cream:

2211167800_988533cc88.jpg

Tonight is our "eat dinner while vegging on the couch" night so it will either be pizza or panini.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning Y'all!

Aimee, So sorry that your still feeling so bad! I hope having your Mom there will help!

Since Becky posted that Asian soup I've been craving it. So last night I made a soup with buckwheat noodles, mushrooms, bean sprouts, chili paste etc. Tasted really good but definitely not as pretty as Becky's, so I didn't take any pics! We also had seared tuna with it. I think I'll make my Benihana salad dressing tonight & serve the salad with the leftover tuna on top. Still have soup left too, so not too much cooking today.

Morning everyone! Well, the storm has moved out, and it is COLD COLD COLD here! For dinner we'll either have pepper jack chicken pasta, or pizza. It depends on whether or not I want to go out in the cold to the store, or just pick up the phone and order pizza. Guess what I'm leaning toward?

Lauren - if you want, you could send Andrew here to play in the snow. We've got PLENTY!!! We also live about 40 minutes away from 3 ski resorts. Come on, ya know ya want to come play!

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all your kind words regarding the service tomorrow night. Some of my very favorite people are coming to play a role (both children and adults) and I feel so honored they are taking time from their life to be apart of such a special time for me.

Mom is here and I'm already feeling a little better. I called in again today. I feel badly that we are stuck inside but it's cold and rainy and I don't need to be running around anyways. Maybe we'll go out later.

Nancy -- I am so glad your roast came out well. I am always nervous about posting my Mom's recipes because sometimes they don't work for me. I will let her know you give her method a :thumbsup2

Aimee -- I hope the doctor gave you a good strong antibiotic to help you feel better. Take it easy!

Mermaid -- Congratulations to your daughter on making Honor Society.

Dinner tonight is going to be salmon with a honey/mustard/pecan crust, macaroni and cheese (Caili's request), spinach and sugar snap peas.

Today we are having baked spaghetti and ciabatta.

WFD at your house?

Morning All,

Quickly checking in...going to see Mom today.

Aimee, Glad you are feeling better. Good Luck and have fun tonight!

Loreli, Congrats to your daughter!

We are having Andrew's favorite tonight: sausage, shells and peas and italian bread.

Have a good day!

Laura- Post your Mom's recipes! We were so happy with this one I would not mind "taking chances" on others.

Aimee- I hope you get a chance to stop in today, I could not get back online last night. I'm glad that you are feeling better and that you have your close friends and family with you this evening to share this Blessed moment. I will have my thoughts and my prayers with you this evening as well.:grouphug:

Lindsay- Not Kathy, but I always use a brown gravy with hamburg steaks.

Lorelei- I am so sorry that I missed your DD's induction. You must be very proud of her accomplishments.

LAst night DD and I went to Stew Leonard's for meat so Buddy had leftovers from Monday night. We had Taco Belle. Aimee, I have not had TB in so long but every time I see a post that your DH is taking some home I am jealous. I had a steak Chalupa supreme, and an apple empanada. Then I ate Marisa'a empanada because she was not quick enough with her bean burrito and crunchy thing. Next time she won't mess around :rotfl:

Tonight I would like stuffed peppers and have the ground turkey thawing. I have not heard if my neighbors are joining us for dinner so I am up in the air because I have a smoked shoulder that I could cook. We have no idea if they are going to come because she was furious with him on Saturday, Buddy was up at 2 AM and said every light in the house was still on.

Morning, everyone! I am just getting the kids off to school and then I absolutely HAVE to get to the store. I just want to stay in my jammies, but that won't happen today.

DH ordered pizza last night since he said I shouldn't have to cook on my birthday, so that's what we ended up with last night. Tonight I'm making the pepper jack chicken pasta. Yummy! It's spicy, so I know my kids won't eat it. I'll throw together some mac and cheese with tuna fish for them. More pepper jack for me!!!

DH is taking me to Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner on Friday. Any suggestions? It's brand new here, and I've never been to one before. I'm so excited!!!

Aimee - I'll be thinking about you today and praying for a wonderful night for you! I'm so glad that your mom is there to share it with you! That quiet sound you'll hear in your heart will be me in Utah cheering for you!!!

Good luck tonight, Aimee!

Dinner tonight is either going to be broccoli cheddar soup or pasta with the vegetables from the giant piece of sandwich Becky sent home with Liam.

Aimee Good luck tonight from me as well. I hope you are feeling better. I will be with you in spirit.:hug:

I too have to go to the store. I have no clue WFD.:confused3

Hey guys! So I just found this thread and am sooo glad. I now have an all new cookbook, THANKS!

Just wanted to check on a couple recipes I couldn't find and let you know that we're having Chicken Noodle Soup tonight! mmmmm :cloud9:

Ok so I was wondering glynis do you have the S'more drops that were supposed to be on page 225?

Also,liamandcailli do you have the Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies on page 249
I'm dying for these two and they were the only ones I couldn't find. Thanks again for everything and I can't wait to join you all in the WFD thread!

Hey guys! So I just found this thread and am sooo glad. I now have an all new cookbook, THANKS!

Just wanted to check on a couple recipes I couldn't find and let you know that we're having Chicken Noodle Soup tonight! mmmmm :cloud9:

Ok so I was wondering glynis do you have the S'more drops that were supposed to be on page 225?

Also,liamandcailli do you have the Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies on page 249
I'm dying for these two and they were the only ones I couldn't find. Thanks again for everything and I can't wait to join you all in the WFD thread!

I'm not sure how the page numbers got all jazzed but the smores are on page 425 and the chocolate chip cookies are on 649

Here is a photo of last night's decadent tv dinner sandwich. It is extra sharp cheddar cheese, sliced granny smith apples, fruit chutney, and bacon. Yum, everything is better with bacon!

2213677647_122a9eafff.jpg

Glynis, I did not know that yesterday was your birthday! Happy Birthday! Now, as for the Cheesecake Factory, I have two things to tell you.

1. Be prepared to wait. For whatever reason, this place is always packed. Around here, the waits are usually at least two hours. Sometimes three!

2. The portions are gargantuan. I mean, huge. If you order a pasta dish, it is going to have about a pound of pasta in it. If you order a chicken dish, you'll get three boneless breasts. Stuff like that. It is expected that you'll take food home for lots of leftovers. Or to feed to the army you have camped out in your backyard. Or something.

It's a really popular place and I'm sure you will have a great time. Their cheesecakes are justifiably famous for their decadence.

I'm not sure wfd tonight, but am leaning in the same direction as Laura....soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter