The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

Got back from our summer beach vacation last week and now have time to do MORE disney planning! Last night after looking and looking and looking at our ADRs and NOT being 100% about them, I added the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue to our MK day (canceling our CP lunch reservations - no one is really into Pooh anyway and I was struggling with that one!). Anyway, we've never been to WDW but something about the reviews for this dinner show sound so fun. So this is what we have right now:

Oct 14th (Mon) arrival day - get to AK about 10 or 11. stay until parade and then head to POR to check in/unpack. Dinner at 'Ohana at 8:30. Maybe see fireworks from Hallowishes at 9:30 from restaurant.

Oct 15th (Tue) DHS - 8:15 breakfast at H&V, 2:30 lunch at Sci-Fi. Break at resort and may or may not head back for Fantasmic that night.

Oct 16th (Wed) MK - probably do an early CS lunch and then 4pm HDDR and then go back to MK for parades/fireworks.

Oct 17th (Thu) Epcot - snacks around the world with F&W and dinner at Via Napoli at 7:30 before Illuminations.

Oct 18th (Fri) last full day - I've left it pretty open. We will have park tickets but the kids want to do a water park. We will probably do water park from about 10-2/3pm and then go back to POR to pack up and get ready to leave the next day. Dinner reservations at House of Blues for 7:30 and souvenir shopping at DTD.

Oct 19th (Sat) departure day - We will most likely hit EMH at AK and ride a few things because we have 10:15 reservations at Tusker House. Thought about changing them, but I really want to keep them. I want to leave on a Mickey note!

I am SO excited!!! The only thing now is that we do have 6 day park tickets and one day we probably won't need them, but I don't want to change it in case it rains or is too cool for a waterpark on Friday. We would need something to do. Also the halloween party is an option for Friday night that I've considered..............not sure that it is something that we need to push to do this time though. My kids are 12, 9 and 5 though and the 5yo is a Halloween fanatic!

I think your plans look great!!!:cool1::cool1: The only thing that stuck out to me was the late dinner at Ohana and then possibly fireworks and then the early ADR at H&V. Your kids are a little older like mine so they probably are fine to be up later and get up earlier.:thumbsup2

We did MNSSHP 2 years ago and it was the highlight of our trip! Highly recommend!:)

We also are planning on HDDR. I think our kids are at a great age for it.

Are you staying onsite or offsite? Looks like we are there the week after.
Great planning!:)

My birthday is next week and hubby is planning to take me to WDW in October as a present! We'll be going to MNSSHP and EF&WF. Ahhh ...an alone trip without the kids! :hyper: Only 2 nights but I'll take it! Oct 6th & 7th. Not sure on the resort yet.. BW or BLT. :goodvibes

Great present!!!:cool1::cool1:

Just paid off our trip today. I am super excited now.

:woohoo::woohoo:

I have made my ADR's but one question I see the Candlelight progression for Epcot but never see anyway to schedule it. That is where you eat dinner and then can watch the fireworks - correct?? How do you make a reservation for that? Any help would be appreciated.:scratchin

I have made my ADR's but one question I see the Candlelight progression for Epcot but never see anyway to schedule it. That is where you eat dinner and then can watch the fireworks - correct?? How do you make a reservation for that? Any help would be appreciated.:scratchin

The CP is during the Christmas season. It is for seating at the reading of the story of Christmas done by a celebrity. Are you thinking of the Fantasmic! package at DHS?

Booked from October 3-8th staying in All stars sports running my first two races haunted 5k and the tower of terror ten miler.

Can we be added for October 14th-19th!? Celebrating Our First Ever visit to Disney for my family of 4! :woohoo: But it's also a secret my girls. They will be finding out on their birthdays in late August! :ssst: We will be staying at PoP! I have been "researching" since 2011 for this trip but I still don't know all. Am I free to post my questions and plans here? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Heading back to WDW, Oct 26 - Nov 3:banana:

Was happy to see that the MK railroad will be back up and running before we get there. Scheduled to be closed from Sept. 30th - Oct. 20th.

Was happy to see that the MK railroad will be back up and running before we get there. Scheduled to be closed from Sept. 30th - Oct. 20th.

I know, right? Sad enough that PP is closed through October, the MK railroad being down would have been disastrous for DS, he is a train fanatic! :scared1: We are planning on hitting MK on 10/24 (early and MNSSHP) and 10/26, so HOPEFULLY the bridge work will be complete! :thumbsup2

The Railroad is going to be closed? :sad1:Sad!!! It's been YEARS since I've been on it. It was one of the things I was really looking forward to!

BTW... where is everyone getting this info about ride closures?

Looks like our hostess/thread coordinator has deserted us! The October list has not been updated since March!

Looks like our hostess/thread coordinator has deserted us! The October list has not been updated since March!

Yes, she mentioned several pages ago that she moved her trip to another time and would no longer be updating the list.

On another note.... DH and I are down to Double digit days till disney!! :cool1::woohoo:

Anyone else get a little giddy when they reach that point?

Glad to see so many people going in October! My family uses goes around the end of April/early May. This year my husband and I will be going October 13-19th and staying at Coronado Springs. This will be my husband's first time going back since early childhood so hopefully October will be a great time for him to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter