The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

You can add us for CBR 10/18-10/26 with FREE DINING!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Argh! So jealous, but yay!

The DBF and I are planning a trip for Oct. 27- Nov. 1. It's a little last-minute, but having just come back from a May trip, we're both itching to go back and get a little more out of things.

Small question- it's a little obvious there's no free dining for Oct by the looks of it, but does anyone know if Disney is planning a deal for the end of Oct? Personally I'd rather just do a package through them then be buying things left and right for the trip, but if not I'll be getting crafty over here.

Argh! So jealous, but yay!

The DBF and I are planning a trip for Oct. 27- Nov. 1. It's a little last-minute, but having just come back from a May trip, we're both itching to go back and get a little more out of things.

Small question- it's a little obvious there's no free dining for Oct by the looks of it, but does anyone know if Disney is planning a deal for the end of Oct? Personally I'd rather just do a package through them then be buying things left and right for the trip, but if not I'll be getting crafty over here.

Too early to tell if there will be packages/room offers for Oct. People have recieved FD pins for the time of your trip. Traditionally GP FD offers for fall are not released until mid summer.

:welcome:

It is highly unlikely that free dining will be offered for those dates. You may get lucky with a room discount, but the October deals will not be released until July or even August.

I didn't realize there could be a RO discount for the October blackout weeks if no FD was offered. I kind of thought they went hand-in-hand. Our stay is currently scheduled for 10/8-10/14 due to great airfare we got, but I'm pretty settled on switching to a 10/18 start date instead if FD comes out (and if SW puts on a good sale again). They sometimes offer RO that time of year without FD being offered?

Too early to tell if there will be packages/room offers for Oct. People have recieved FD pins for the time of your trip. Traditionally GP FD offers for fall are not released until mid summer.

I figured it was too early. Everyone is all about the summer deals right now with the free dining for Sept, and we're not going to bump up our date just for that.

First WDW and first USA trip for me and my DD 14 and DS 8 :) Going to FrenchQuarter 18th Oct-1st Nov:cool1:

We have free QS dining and are busy getting all the tips we can from this fabulous site! Too excited for Oct 2013!! :cheer2:

First WDW and first USA trip for me and my DD 14 and DS 8 :) Going to FrenchQuarter 18th Oct-1st Nov:cool1:

We have free QS dining and are busy getting all the tips we can from this fabulous site! Too excited for Oct 2013!! :cheer2:

:welcome:

We arrive on the 18th, too. :goodvibes

AllyC said:

We arrive on the 18th too! Right now POR, but POFQ is our backup resort. ;) :cheer2:

The 18th Oct is obviously a great day to arrive then!:):)
I choose POFQ over POR as this site explained it was better for first timers! I think we are going to be totally overwhelmed on arrival so I think the smaller the resort the better! :)

If it wasn't for this site I don't think I would have such a good idea of what to expect. We live in rural Wales over an hour from the nearest small city! So I think we are in for a shock but a wonderful one!:yay:

What do people think about the MNMHP ? Do you think it is something I should do?

I choose POFQ over POR as this site explained it was better for first timers! I think we are going to be totally overwhelmed on arrival so I think the smaller the resort the better! :)

If it wasn't for this site I don't think I would have such a good idea of what to expect. We live in rural Wales over an hour from the nearest small city! So I think we are in for a shock but a wonderful one!:yay:

What do people think about the MNMHP ? Do you think it is something I should do?

MNSSHP is AWESOME! If you have the money to do it, I HIGHLY recommend it. My costume for this year is already done. DS's is almost complete, too. :goodvibes

The beauty of POR and POFQ is that the two resorts share amenities too! My DS7 is looking forward to using the pool with the sea serpent slide at least once while we are there, while I am looking forward to some Beignets! I like the quaintness/size of POFQ, but the look of the mansion rooms at POR, sop POR won out for us (for now). Both look like a perfect way to escape from the WDW crowds, we are definitely looking forward to some relaxing resort time, maybe pole fishing at Ole' Man Island, campfires, carriage ride between the two resorts, boat to DTD, etc.

We are also planning to go to MNSSHP, either 10/22 or 10/24. It's the whole reason why we are planning an October trip. I can't wait for the party! :yay:

Can't wait!! Arriving Oct 5th and staying until the 12th at Bay Lake Towers. Really looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival again!!

Hey, y'all... I just freed up a spot at BBB at 1:00 on Sunday, October 21st if anyone wants to scoop it up. princess: Decided my 3yo DD is just too young right now to justify the money. Originally signed her up because we're doing CRT that evening for the first time but decided to do Pirates League a different day instead along with my other two DS's.

AND, on a separate note... I waited forever on the BBB call line the other day but discovered today that the WDW Dining phone line can access BBB and Pirates League, too. That was a time saver, and the gal I talked to was really helpful!

I just figured out where my family is staying, so we will be staying at the Polynesian resort Oct 9th-17th. I'm excited.

Oct 25- Nov 5... Originally planning a 7 day trip, but then the most amazing thing happened.. There's a work conference from the 25th-29th, at Beach Club, with SEVERELY discounted rates!!! And, I can get reimbursed for a portion of it! So basically, 3 nights at Beach Club (our first Deluxe), for free, during Food & Wine. How's that for a little Pixie Dust to start things off right!!

After our 3 nights at Beach Club, we will mosey over to a moderate- likely POR- for the remainder of the stay.

As if the free factor wasn't enough, we will be celebrating our son's first trip (he will be 17 m/o at the time), and me finally completing a major licensing exam.

Haven't been able to do anything other than Disney planning since I booked it- too excited!!!! :dance3:

Finally completed final plans. We were going to stay for 6 weeks of F&W but that has been scaled back to 4 weeks because we have some things we have to do at home. Staying mostly offsite from 9/27 to 10/25 in time shares but also staying a few nights in BWI and SOG to avoid drives after F&W. All reservations made, rooms booked and paid for and flights booked.

Have no interest in dining plan this trip because of F&W - if we decide to eat we have had good luck doing walk ups the last four trips.

Thanks for all the information about the food and wine festival. Wish we were going a different week in October but my kids have a few days off at the end of the week so we will be arriving Oct 12 and staying until the 20th.

..Hello Everyone! :wave2:

I am your hostess, L-Harper, and I will be with your here at The Official October 2013 Thread as we embark on our amazing vacations to Walt Disney World! :tink: When you join us, please tell us your dates of travel, the resort you're staying at (optional), and if you're celebrating anything special! I will keep a {nearly} daily updated list. :surfweb:

*Note: This thread was merged with another thread so that's why the first 6 or so pages are a bit wonky.*

October 2013 DISers

11-16 ~ Eoywin (Art of Animation)
12-19 ~ brettcw23 (?)
13-19 ~ BLeeS (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - Children's First WDW Vacation!
14-20 ~ teetee830 (Beach Club)
15-20 ~ grinder6 (Grand Villa) - Wife & Daughter's First WDW Vacation!
16-21 ~ dollpens (?) - DH & DD's First WDW Vacation!
17-20 ~ PRmamiPEdos (Boardwalk or Beach Club) - Happy Anniversary!
15-20 ~ Tallent (Sarasota Springs)
17-21 ~ QDinFL (Art of Animation)

Please add me to the list Oct 14th 19th! -Staying Offsite
:dance3:

Please add us to the list

October 2-13 port Orleans riverside celebrating our daughters birthdays --our twins turn 10 in sept and our oldest turns 12 in November so we are going between both :). Our 2nd trip to the world!!

Our family is going from Oct. 27 - Nov. 6. We still haven't nailed down where we are staying. I'm a bit of a resort waffler. :rotfl: This trip will be a belated first birthday and also the first WDW experience for our youngest kiddo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter