***The Official May 2017 Thread***

I'm so excited! I booked for Port Orleans Riverside from May 29 - June 5th. My kids will be 8,6,5 at that point. We haven't been since they were almost 4, 2, and 1!
This is our first trip with hoppers and the dining plan so I'm going nuts trying to figure out what I want to book for ADRs!
We are not telling them about the trip until their last day of school which is when we will start our drive.
Pumped doesn't even begin to describe it.

I'm so excited! I booked for Port Orleans Riverside from May 29 - June 5th. My kids will be 8,6,5 at that point. We haven't been since they were almost 4, 2, and 1!
This is our first trip with hoppers and the dining plan so I'm going nuts trying to figure out what I want to book for ADRs!
We are not telling them about the trip until their last day of school which is when we will start our drive.
Pumped doesn't even begin to describe it.
hmm.. I think I know this Holly S ;)
Where are you thinking of booking ADRs?

I can't wait for the hours to come out so I can sketch a better game plan. I usually go in fall and the calendars don't change much from year to year but I noticed there were emh differences from may 2015 to may 2016 so I may as well just wait for the actual hours...

hmm.. I think I know this Holly S ;)
Where are you thinking of booking ADRs?

I can't wait for the hours to come out so I can sketch a better game plan. I usually go in fall and the calendars don't change much from year to year but I noticed there were emh differences from may 2015 to may 2016 so I may as well just wait for the actual hours...

On my list so far I have Be Our Guest, Via Napoli, 1900 Park Fare, 50's Prime Time, Hollywood & Vine...and I have no idea! Last time we did all quick service so I'm excited to explore the different table service options!
I called tonight and added another night to our stay so we will be staying 8 nights and doing the parks 8 days with Disney springs and the pool on check-out day.

Which 1900 meal? Is your daughter into princesses?

I just bought more clothes for the trip. Boutique resale is a dangerous thing...

MIL has decided she is flying with me...she said she didn't want to do a layover, but when she finally understood that the TOTAL TRAVEL TIME will be just over 4 hours including the layover, she was ok...she thought each leg of the flight was going to be 4 1/2 hours. No. We are flying from Northwest Arkansas, not the Pacific Northwest, and even then that's a stretch for flight times! She's an educated woman, and she has flown to see SIL in California on a number of occasions, but she cannot grasp the concept of time with things like this.

I'm working on planning our park days and I'm stressing out a little. I think I'm going to bring a little packet of brown paper bags to breathe into to remain zen on this trip, LOL!!

If we book the flight I have my eye on, we'll arrive at 11:30ish EST, giving us plenty of time to get settled in the room, grab some food, and then head out for a little adventure. We're staying at AKL, so I figured a quick bus ride to Animal Kingdom would be a nice way to ease into things. I'll make afternoon FPs for the safari, and we can watch Festival of the Lion King and do the trails in Africa, and then I'll assess the situation from there.

Our first full day will be Epcot, since the Flower and Garden Festival is priority on this trip, and MK will be our Tuesday park. I'm thinking an AK/DHS split on Wednesday...but this is where I'm nervous. I know she'll want to go to DHS for a lot of things: Star Wars stuff, Beauty and the Beast show, Great Movie Ride, Muppets, Indy...
Right now I feel *ok* with an AK morning and a DHS early evening. She doesn't want to stay out past 8pm. (I want to mention here that she's an active, outdoorsy 60 year old, not an infirm 95 year old...I have no idea where this is coming from - it's out of character. Being difficult is notoriously IN character though, so maybe that's all it is??)

We'll then probably do Thursday at MK with our BOG dinner, and Friday at Epcot with a (hopefully) pre-park opening breakfast at Akershus. She wants to meet Belle here, but the meal will have to be early because she's already going to be upset it's later than 7am, so the reservation goal is 8am even if there's an EMH. I don't think she'd eat the lunch or dinner here, but it might have to become an option if I can't get an ADR between 8 and 8:30am.

ADR day is Nov. 1, exactly three weeks from today. I've never had so few to make! I'm only booking BOG and Akershus and leaving Garden Grill off the table at this point...she only wants to eat there for the salad from the Land, and I know once she's in the World Showcase she's not going to want to leave.

As much frustration as I'm experiencing, it's also kind of fun to plan something so far off from how I'd normally do things, and rewarding when I can make it work. Maybe that's weird, I don't know...it's like the Disney planning Olympics, LOL! Gold medal in ADRs vs. gold medal in like, sportsy stuff. Haha :rotfl2:

Yes! Very first trip ever for a few of us. For me, my kids, and my brother in law. Everyone else has gone before heheh (there are 12 of us going)

We are booked for our 5th annual trip in May. May 19th - 29th. First 5 nights at Poly CL and last 5 nights at YC CL. Very excited to start planning We have only stayed CL a few nights and we have never stayed at Poly so very excited to try some new things!

Happy Planning!!:banana:

Joining in here!! Just booked May 27-June 4 at BC!! First time staying at that resort, so we are beyond excited. My brother and SIL will be joining us as well.....her first time!!! Eeeeeeeek!!!!

Just 2 or 3 ADRs, but all of them will be new for us: 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree and maybe Sci-fi Dine-in, or BOG. The only one that I am sure about is 50's. We almost never do any table service, so I had about 10 on my list!

Here's our list: Hollywood & Vine Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare Breakfast, Rose & Crown Dinner, Yachtsman's Steakhouse Dinner, Rainforest Cafe Breakfast, T-Rex Dinner, BOG Dinner, Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package Dinner, Akershus Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare Dinner, and Crystal Palace Breakfast

We were there this past weekend for a short trip, and had planned to return in February for another weekend trip. We realized, though, that a short trip just isn't for us. So my wife, who got bitten by the Disney bug big time, agreed to a week at the end of May/beginning of June! I'm super excited to share more of everything with her this time. :) Our dates are 5/30/17 - 6/5/17 (the dates of Gay Days, which we didn't know until after we made the reservation) at Art of Animation!

Just 2 or 3 ADRs, but all of them will be new for us: 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree and maybe Sci-fi Dine-in, or BOG. The only one that I am sure about is 50's. We almost never do any table service, so I had about 10 on my list!

Nice! I love 50's, my hubby not so much. The food is just good comfort food, but when you get a good service things get a little cooky! DH is not a fan of being out on the spot like that. I've never done Liberty Tree, but I've heard great things about it. We did BoG for breakfast and dinner last September, breakfast was ok, but dinner was amazing! It's on our must do list for 2017 too!

Here's our list: Hollywood & Vine Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare Breakfast, Rose & Crown Dinner, Yachtsman's Steakhouse Dinner, Rainforest Cafe Breakfast, T-Rex Dinner, BOG Dinner, Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package Dinner, Akershus Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare Dinner, and Crystal Palace Breakfast

Holy TS Batman!I hope you do a dining report. You have a bunch on your list I've never done!! I really want to take DD to Akershus for breakfast, not on our May trip, but maybe for her birthday...

Nice! I love 50's, my hubby not so much. The food is just good comfort food, but when you get a good service things get a little cooky! DH is not a fan of being out on the spot like that. I've never done Liberty Tree, but I've heard great things about it. We did BoG for breakfast and dinner last September, breakfast was ok, but dinner was amazing! It's on our must do list for 2017 too!

Holy TS Batman!I hope you do a dining report. You have a bunch on your list I've never done!! I really want to take DD to Akershus for breakfast, not on our May trip, but maybe for her birthday...

All of our TS are repeats except for Yachtsman Steakhouse! That's the only new one on the list. We book one TS every day as a rule (except I'm booking 2 on Mother's Day -- hey, it's my day and I'm not having breakfast in the food court on Mother's Day! lol) -- my youngest loves the characters and Akershus is one of our favorites!! We also love H&V and 1900 -- wonderful interactions with the characters!

I'm so excited. My wife was dead set against going back to WDW. Her friend talked her into going back in MAY! We'll be there the 21st thru 27th. Wooohooo...

Can't wait! Let the planning begin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter