***The Official May 2017 Thread***

Ibe heard H&V has great characters but not such great food...
We had a Star-Wars themed dinner there in May '15. The character interactions (Jedi Mickey, Darth Goofy, etc) were excellent, but the food was just so-so. Except the dessserts - they were great!

And with that, let me introduce myself :) I really, really wanted to go to WDW for Christmas this year, but it just isn't in the cards. So I thought we'd settle for Spring Break, but that isn't going to work either. My husband is not in any hurry to go back (crazy, right?) So since my 8yo daughter is out of school 2 days in May, I'm planning a girls' trip for the two of us, May 5-9. I'm debating on whether to stay at POP or POFQ. With just the two of us, I feel like POFQ might be overkill, but I've heard such great things about it. I know my daughter would love the theming at POP. I'm waiting on the Spring discounts to come out at the end of December to help me decide! I'm not going to do the dining plan this time since it's just the two of us, but I do hope to snag reservations at 1900 Park Fare, and if we're lucky maybe a pre-park-opening Crystal Palace reservation.

I'm so excited to see the new Frozen ride, and I'm hoping there will be a nighttime show at AK by the time we are there. Is there anything else new for us to look forward to? We were there last in May 2015.

I'm joining in here! Our trip was scheduled for leaving this Thursday but DD has mono (what timing!) and we needed to reschedule. I just switched it over today! We will be staying May 3-10 at Art of Animation. It will be DS's first trip, and also DH's and my 10 year anniversary. We got married in Disney, at the Yacht Club, so it will be nice to be back there during that time. I will be starting my planning all over again! Looking forward to making dining reservations this Thursday :goodvibes

Last edited:
Boo! I haven't been getting my alerts for my threads lately for some reason!

My ADR day was this morning, and I got the two things I was looking for: Akershus pre-park opening breakfast (had to settle for 830 instead of 8) for 5/5 and BOG dinner for 5/4.
I also snuck in a 730am Boma breakfast on our first park day and a Jiko dinner on our arrival day...those may end up getting cancelled, but it just felt too strange only making two ADRs this morning!

Good luck to everyone else as your days begin to open up!

I booked my ADRs -
4/30 Chef Mickey dinner - Yes I know the food doesn't exactly have rave reviews ;) but I thought it would be a fun way to kick off the trip and we are buying the DDP anyway so the price is fine
5/1 Yak and Yeti dinner. My family loves it there, but if they have RoL packages that are on the DDP at TH that may change
5/2 Ohana dinner
5/3 GG 8am breakfast (man I keep going back and forth on this one...)
Akershus dinner
5/4 MM F! lunch
50s dinner
5/5 CP 10:10
BoG 2:30

Officially told my husband last night that I'm planning this trip, for just me & our daughter, though I did ask if he would like to join us (I knew he wouldn't want to, lol. He's CRAZY like that). He was cool with it so now I can "officially" start planning, without stressing. *happydance*

I booked my ADRs -
4/30 Chef Mickey dinner - Yes I know the food doesn't exactly have rave reviews ;) but I thought it would be a fun way to kick off the trip and we are buying the DDP anyway so the price is fine
5/1 Yak and Yeti dinner. My family loves it there, but if they have RoL packages that are on the DDP at TH that may change
5/2 Ohana dinner
5/3 GG 8am breakfast (man I keep going back and forth on this one...)
Akershus dinner
5/4 MM F! lunch
50s dinner
5/5 CP 10:10
BoG 2:30

Hey there Disney Week partner, our dates line up! Will you rescue me in case my mother in law starts to drive me crazy?? LOL!!

Hey there Disney Week partner, our dates line up! Will you rescue me in case my mother in law starts to drive me crazy?? LOL!!
Of course, always willing to do my part to save people from crazy MILs!
Where are you staying? We're going to CBR for the first time.

Of course, always willing to do my part to save people from crazy MILs!
Where are you staying? We're going to CBR for the first time.

LOL, thank you!! I'm glad you have my back :-)

MIL and I are staying at AKL. I'm hoping the animals keep her calm, haha!

I'm a bit behind with posting here, but I'm joining in with the planning! We're technically arriving in April (evening of the 29th), but the bulk of our trip is planned for the beginning of May. I'm also not 100% sure we're not going to cancel--we never book this far in advance, partly because our work and life schedules aren't always clear 6 months in advance, but I'm moving forward with planning for now and we'll see what happens.

This is the first time we've planned more than 180 days in advance and we got to do the first round of our dining reservations yesterday (at least for the first half of the trip--we're doing a split stay so we can't book for the last end of the trip quite yet). We've also booked some new restaurants like Ohana and Artist Point (along with old favourites, like Crystal Palace). Other firsts: we really like staying at different resorts, so we're knocking another two (maybe three!) resorts off our "to stay" list. We're booked at Port Orleans French Quarter and the Polynesian right now, and we're talking about adding a couple of days at Beach Club to the mix too. Right now we're thinking all the things you hear on the boards--trying to balance new resorts and their unique benefits/limitations with not wanting to move too much. We'll see where we land in the coming months.

So happy to be joining in on the planning and preparation fun :)

We are headed back May 1-8 for our 29th wedding anniversary. The first week of May is my favorite time to go.. not too crowded or hot. My DS21 will be joining us. I don't think they ever get too old for Disney. We took our sons with us for our 25th ann. they were 24 & 18 at the time lol. Anywho, we will be staying in a one bedroom at our beloved VWL. I'm praying the work will be done otherwise dh will be very pissy. We haven't been since last October so I'm really looking forward to this trip. We take our first DCL in October and will visit EPCOT for the day. That just won't do, time wise :)

An update, since VWL will not be even close to completion I've rebooked a one bedroom at Beach Club. We got lucky being able to book during F&G at Beach Club.

Southwest just came out within our booking calendar. Round trip from Long Island to MCO $280 round trip, per person. Next thing is ADR's tomorrow and then purchasing our park passes.

An update, since VWL will not be even close to completion I've rebooked a one bedroom at Beach Club. We got lucky being able to book during F&G at Beach Club.

Southwest just came out within our booking calendar. Round trip from Long Island to MCO $280 round trip, per person. Next thing is ADR's tomorrow and then purchasing our park passes.
I am anxiously waiting for Southwest to get to our May dates. Southwest and American are our best bets, and right now American is just too much for me to purchase! Praying for some pixie dust with airfares pixiedust:

Good luck - hope you get your ADRs!

I am anxiously waiting for Southwest to get to our May dates. Southwest and American are our best bets, and right now American is just too much for me to purchase! Praying for some pixie dust with airfares pixiedust:

I was on the phone with Southwest today. I was able to book our flight down for May 3rd, but the rest of May will be released on December 6th :goodvibes

This is the first time we've planned more than 180 days in advance and we got to do the first round of our dining reservations yesterday (at least for the first half of the trip--we're doing a split stay so we can't book for the last end of the trip quite yet).

I may not be understanding correctly, but I don't think your split-stay affects whether or not you can make dining reservations. I've made ADRs before without having my trip booked yet; as long as you are within the 180 day window you can make dining reservations.

Yes, even off site you can make reservations at 180 days --- you just have to do them one day at a time, as each day reaches 180 days out.

Thanks, everyone. I wasn't very clear, but here's what I mean: we booked both parts of our split stay at more than 180 days. The other day was our 180 mark, so we could book 180+the length of time we're at the first hotel. The second half of the split is still more than 180 days away, and we can't book for those dates until we hit the 180 mark for checking in there. Does that make sense? So both linana514 and hsmamainva are right, anyone can book within 180 days. this week I'm just at the awkward moment in a split stay where the first hotel stay is within the 180 day mark and the second isn't, so I can only book until the end of the first hotel stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter