• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official May 2016 Thread!!***

I'm jumping in. Due to an unexpected bonus check from hubby's work we are able to move next year's trip up to this MAY!!! So excited. Going May 20-27. Staying offsite but there are 8 of us so we needed the extra room without the extra $1500 price tag. Found a 4bedroom condo at Regal Palms for only $460 for the week!! That means more character dining opportunities for us. I asked the kiddos and that's what they preferred. 80 days until we leave!

how bad do you think crowds will be may 26 to 29? i know its around memorial day so im worried
We were at WDW the week of Memorial Day 2014.
The crowds were manageable.
It was kind of comical to watch people trying to get a table at The Brown Derby on Memorial Day by just walking in and asking for one.
One fellow was amazed, and indignant, that they didn't have "Hold back" tables for (important) walk ins like him and his party.
For years we went the week of the 4th of July and those crowds are insane.
Memorial Day is pleasant compared to the 4th.

Last edited:
thank you all what if i went may 23 to may 27 ill that be crowded as well? i could do either the 23 to the 27 or the 26 to the 29

Hello! My name is Paige!

I'm joining this board even though we leave April 29th with a first park day on April 30th. Hope that's okay!

Just a few days ago my May 30 - June 5th trip changed to April 29th - May 4th! We are staying at the Ft Wilderness cabins.

Literally the night that marked "60 days away" was the day we changed, so I just picked the FP+ I knew we wanted at almost random times. After getting all my June FP+ decided, planned, all my ADRs booked how I wanted, everything had to suddenly change! :faint:

Magically, I was able to alter most of my FP+ selections to my ideal times in the next couple of days, except for an Anna & Elsa M&G FP+ that I accidentally booked during the Festival of Fantasy parade. The very next day, there were NO other FP+ times available at all. Thankfully, we have two days at MK so can catch the parade the other day! And I got most of the ADRs I wanted by checking multiple times a day! :wizard:

Using regular dining plan:

Arrival night dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
1st MK day: 8:05 BOG Breakfast (9 am opening day)
Epcot day: Akershus lunch (wanting to switch to dinner)
AK day: Tusker House breakfast (hoping to turn into ROL dining package); Y&Y dinner
HS day: 1900 PF Breakfast; Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner package early dinner
2nd MK day/last day: CRT 8:30 breakfast (9 am opening day), BOG lunch (was hoping for dinner, but lunch is QS and we'd have to pay OOP for TS dinner!)

Now that I have a handle on our plans, I'm SO EXCITED WE'RE GOING EARLY! :cheer2:

Though, it's a surprise 5th birthday/1st visit trip for my daughter, and now it's a month earlier than her birthday... research tells me this is acceptable, but I KNOW she's going to "tell" on me if asked: "My birthday is in June!" :rotfl:

Last edited:
My DH and I will be there from 5/14 - 5/21 staying at Pop Century. 2nd trip for me (1st was in 2012) and 5th for DH. We are going to celebrate both of us turning 40 this year. So excited!!

Hello! :wave2: I just added an extra day to my Universal trip (May 9-14) to do 1.5 days at Disney! With some new things scheduled to start soon, I couldn't miss out! The plan is to go to AK on the 10th for an evening to see Rivers of Light and then check into AS Sports May 13th and spend the day at Epcot for the new Frozen ride (hopefully) and the Flower and Garden Festival will be nice too!

Last edited:
Got our fast passes today! Gutted no wishes, but we'll live! Got pretty much everything we wanted. Also fairly early sessions too so that we can try and get more fast passes later!

We just booked a second May trip! :mickeyjum 1 night at All Star Movies on May 31st! :D
From first visit in more than 10 years, 2nd visit ever, to two trips within a month. Look what this board has done to me!

Hello! :wave2: I just added an extra day to my Universal trip (May 9-14) to do 1.5 days at Disney! With some new things scheduled to start soon, I couldn't miss out! The plan is to go to AK on the 10th for an evening to see Rivers of Light and then check into AS Sports May 13th and spend the day at Epcot for the new Frozen ride (hopefully) and the Flower and Garden Festival will be nice too!
I love twenty one pilots!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter