• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official May 2015 Thread!!

Never even thought to decorate our window at Pop. What us the best thing to use to hang stuff and stick it to the window?

Add us! May 3-9 at Polynesian.

Just curious, how many of you buy trip insurance?
The first time we went we did, but not since. I originally went in hurricane season, and thought it might affect the parks. I did not realize how far inland they were. If there is a reason to think someone might have to cancel for health reasons or one the few things actually covered by trip insurance (read the fine print) then go ahead for that individual, but otherwise you should be fine. We tried to use our trip insurance when one of our party had to drop out at the last minute, and the reason he did not go was NOT covered. I was very disappointed.

Never even thought to decorate our window at Pop. What us the best thing to use to hang stuff and stick it to the window?
Your imagination is the limit! I have seen posters, clings, and an array of imaginative ideas (Christmas lights, Halloween decor, patriotic) based on the season. I would say out of courtesy to the housekeepers, you should not use tape that will leave a residue. (Although I know nail polish remover will clean up some sticky stuff.) Set your Disney spirit free, and make your window uniquely yours! Have fun.

Just curious, how many of you buy trip insurance?

We always have it. Travelling in from Canada, emergency medical is a must. The medical coverage, plus trip cancellation and interruption insurance, are all provided as benefits of our RBC Visa Gold. We pay an annual fee for the card, but save it many times over in trip insurance.

We are going May 25-31 and staying at CBR for first time in a very long time! Please add me to the group. So excited!

Why not book at one of the Value resorts. There was some kind of spring deal being offered. You don't have to buy park tickets- checkout the other resorts, stroll the Boardwalk, and DTD. There is so much to do, and never enough time.

You know that is a very good idea! Checking out other resorts doesnt cost a thing!. Thanks :flower1:

We got lucky and got time off for May. Also Shades of Green wasn't booked the week we're going. The only downfall is that we can only book FP+ 30 days out instead of 60 days. But we're not missing anything since we're WDW veterans. I wish they'd allow SOG guests to book early since it's technically on property, but since they don't share the same booking system I doubt that will ever happen.

We're going May 9th-14th, staying at Shades of Green.

Going to Disney World starting on May 7! Trying for a more laid back vacation this time, so we're staying a bit longer than usual, and we get to hit both Flower & Garden and Star Wars Weekends! My DD is looking forward to Meeting the Princesses and riding Everest. :) Fastpass + is booked, Flights booked, just need to pay for the trip! :D

Long time lurker, first time poster! :wave2:DP (who roams the boards as marchingstar) and I have had a bit of saga with our May trip, and actually fully cancelled all of it not long ago. However, today we sat down again with the numbers, and with a resort change and shaving a few days off the trip, decided it was totally doable! We're in WDW at All Star Sports from May 2-10, with a short stint at the Dark Side afterward, and I couldn't be more thrilled! And it's so great to have a space to celebrate with all of you.

:cheer2::cool1:

Just joining the thread! Coming down for the final Everest Challenge May 1-4. Staying at Pop for race transportation. :cheer2:

We're down to 50 days to go until our stay at Beach Club 4/30-5/4!! It's my first "grown up" trip that I've booked and planned (and paid for!) on my own :)

I'll be enjoying my 6th solo trip to Pop Century on May 10 - 12!!

(This solo trip will be just 15 days after another WDW trip I'm taking to Caribbean Beach Resort in April! Life is good!)

Woo hoo!

Mike.

Am I the only one who suffers during this period before the trip? I got all hyped with ADR's and then with fastpast+. Now I have to wait until May for satisfaction. I believe I have hit every Disney related website, thirsty for any type of fix, but there is still a deep gnawing anxiety, feeling like May will never come. I am doing the impatient dance, instead of a true happy dance.

Lol, my fastpass day is coming up. After that I plan on start packing, put together a trip journal, make surprise goody bags for the kids, maybe do some of the disney themed movie nights.

I'm SO excited about the 24 hour event on May22-23!! I booked our room for May 23 in hopes that the 24 hour event would be announced for that weekend again. Last time we booked our stay beginning the Thursday night before it began. I decided this year that I wasn't going to pay for an entire 24 hour period that we wouldn't even darken the door of our resort room. So....we are going to drive down Thursday night, maybe sleep for a few hours at a rest stop, and be ready for rope drop at 6:00 am on the 22nd. We had a blast last year! We did every attraction at MK. After we used our first 3 Fast Passes we played, what we called, "Fast Pass roulette", and just took the next available fast pass for the a ride we hadn't ridden. It was so much fun! And we got to experience a few attractions we had blown off for a while and realized how much fun we had been missing:)

I just placed an order with Garden Grocers for our trip. We usually rent a car and stop at Publix en route near my grandmother's but we're taking the Magical Express this time. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, because I saved 10% by ordering 60+ days out (basically saving the $14 delivery charge).

We also finally picked our Magic Band colors yesterday. Last thing to do now is wait for FP+ to open up for us on March 23rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter