The Official May 2015 Thread!!

ADRs are done, flight is booked now I wait to reserve FP+, it is going to be a long time until March :)

So excited to be able to stay in the Little Mermaid room! This trip is just DD (17) and I. I know we will love it!

Staying May 21st till Tuesday May 26th.:cool1::cool1:

I hope they do the 24 hour MK day again! We had a blast two years ago.:rotfl:

I want to try and secure BOG for dinner there that night. We did lunch last week and it was fabulous!!!:thumbsup2

Southwest has opened up flights, but a little pricey for me! Will watch for a sale and then book later....;)

I have always wanted to see AOA! Looking forward to it!

Now I have to get through winter!! UGH!!!!

I do get to stay at AKV with my hubby for a couple nights after our couples cruise in Jan so that will be nice.....:hug: Give me little Disney fix till May.

I got O'hana! Now I'm hoping to get the Wishes dessert party! It's not normal for me to be awake before the sky is awake!

Thanks for posting about Southwest flights, I didn't realize the window had opened. I've been stalking their site almost every day since the 1st but we had family in town so I skipped a few day :rolleyes:. $266 each round trip, tickets are now bought. :banana:

Now for a few questions:

What are your thoughts on Tony's? I want Via Napoli but DH looked over the menu and wasn't impressed.

How long would it take to get from AoA to Whispering Canyon Cafe?

What is the best time to schedule a character breakfast?

Thanks for posting about Southwest flights, I didn't realize the window had opened. I've been stalking their site almost every day since the 1st but we had family in town so I skipped a few day :rolleyes:. $266 each round trip, tickets are now bought. :banana:

Now for a few questions:

What are your thoughts on Tony's? I want Via Napoli but DH looked over the menu and wasn't impressed.

How long would it take to get from AoA to Whispering Canyon Cafe?

What is the best time to schedule a character breakfast?

I would book too if I could get that price! Still $175 each way from STL!! UGH!:rolleyes1 They have never failed me before they will have a sale!

We love Via Napoli so much! Best Pizza we have ever eaten! The mozzarella is so fresh!! We just at there again last Tuesday and it was heaven! The family style salad is really good too.

I have only eaten at Tony's once and it was ok.

My hubby and I will be at AKV for a couple days after our cruise in Feb and I plan to take him to lunch at Via Napoli since he has never been.:goodvibes

We changed our dates based on flights and also added a day :). We are now going May 14-22, still at CBR. So flights are booked, booked dining this morning. We got everything we wanted, except Hollywood & Vine. It looks like they are not taking reservations yet?

Dining list includes:
Be Our Guest-Lunch
Tony's-Dinner
Akershush-Breakfast
Via Napoli-Lunch
50's Prime Time-Lunch
Whispering Canyon-Breakfast
Crystal Palace-Before park opening breakfast.
Tusker House-Alternative (if we can't get CP)

Wound up swapping Kona for Whispering Canyon, I really wanted Kona but WC will be better suited for DD. Now I just need to figure out how long it's going to take to get from AoA to WC for breakfast.

Thanks for posting about Southwest flights, I didn't realize the window had opened. I've been stalking their site almost every day since the 1st but we had family in town so I skipped a few day :rolleyes:. $266 each round trip, tickets are now bought. :banana: Now for a few questions: What are your thoughts on Tony's? I want Via Napoli but DH looked over the menu and wasn't impressed. How long would it take to get from AoA to Whispering Canyon Cafe? What is the best time to schedule a character breakfast?

We ate at Tony's last year and I wasn't impressed , it was just OK and I love Italian food, we are doing Via Napoli this time instead. It is good for parade watching if you get the right time

As for breakfast I think the last possible spot is the best, so you have "brunch", it is way less crowded, keeps you full for a while and is cheaper than paying for lunch. That said we are not early morning people, if you are the first spot in the morning is best for character meals inside parks so you can get in beforehand

We ate at Tony's last year and I wasn't impressed , it was just OK and I love Italian food, we are doing Via Napoli this time instead. It is good for parade watching if you get the right time

As for breakfast I think the last possible spot is the best, so you have "brunch", it is way less crowded, keeps you full for a while and is cheaper than paying for lunch. That said we are not early morning people, if you are the first spot in the morning is best for character meals inside parks so you can get in beforehand

Another "meh" vote here for Tony's, have eaten there 3 times now. The first time I had the meatballs which I didn't like (I assumed it was just a 'not to my tastes' situation) but consistently any member of my family that has ordered an Italian dish has not been happy with their meal. However, every steak I or my family have had there was perfectly fine.

In a pinch I'd go back & have the steak but for my money I would eat anywhere else on property (besides Mama Melrose) before I ate here.

That said, I like the theme & wanted to like this place. It just seems a little strange to have an Italian restaurant that can't do good Italian food.

On the other hand Via Napoli, very good. I'm not fond of pizza but I ate theirs & my sister who adores pizza loved hers. So recommended, lovely location also.

Just finished our May 2015 ADRs and got everything we wanted!

Day 1 - Be Our Guest (5:10pm)
Day 2 - Mama Melrose (5:30pm)
Day 3 - Tusker House (8:00am), Bongos (9:35pm)
Day 4 - roommate is surprising me with plans for this day
Day 5 - Restaurant Marrakesh (6:30pm)
Day 6 - Afternoon Tea at GF, dinner at Boma (yet to be booked because they're my surprise for my roommate, so we can't book 180+10 or else they'll show up on our MDE accounts)
Day 7- Chef Mickey's (9:10am), California Grill (8:45pm)

Yaaaaay!

I got all of my ADRs!

Thursday May 14th - Hollywood & Vine - 8:05am
Friday May 15th - Crystal Palace - 8:05am
Saturday May 16th - Tusker House - 8:05am
Sunday May 17th - Akershus - 8:05am

A short trip is better than no trip at all! :thumbsup2

Checked my email and received a pin for up to 35% off of a stay in the time frame I was looking for. I was able to talk my husband into changing our planned April 2016 trip to May 2015! May 16th-21st at the Yacht Club here we come!!!:cool1:

Got all my ADR's this morning with no problem! :cool1:

Even got my 8:30pm Be our Guest on May 22nd....Hoping they do the 24 hour event. We can eat during the craziest part of the night and then be fed and ready to last till 6am!!!!;)

Very excited!!:goodvibes

I say no problem ,but the system was a bit wacky...Finally did end up booking all I wanted, but took a few tries.

Michelle

Found out today our February trip is being pushed back to May 8-15. I'm bummed but DH has to go out of town for his job. On the bright side, I quickly booked ADR's and got BOG, Wishes dessert party, CP before the park opens, Aksherus, Mama Melrose Fantasmic package and La Hacienda for Illuminations. Got everything except H&A. I would of booked CRT, but I didn't want to pay $152 to eat breakfast.

May 10-17 at Port Orleans Riverside!

I'm not sure six months has ever seemed further away!

Our first trip will be to the World will be May 10-16, staying at CSR. First (and probably only) trip for DS 10 and DD 8. I have my ADR's done.

Arrival: D - Rainforest Café
Day 1: B - Akershus, D - Le Cellier
Day 2: B - Crystal Palace, BBB, D - CRT
Day 3: Off Day
Day 4: D - Fantasmic Dinner Party w dining at Mama Melrose's
Day 5: L - BOG, D - California Grill
Departure day: L - T-Rex

172 days to go!

Mark in MN

We have reservations at Pop Century for 5/9-16/2015. Can't wait! This is the 2nd time we have stayed at Pop and loved it the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter