• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official May 2015 Thread!!

My BF and I just booked our first trip together (his first trip entirely!) May 11-15! So excited!! :banana:

Woo Hoo! Welcome Aboard!

Add me to the list! My family and I will be there 5/2 to 5/8 staying at POFQ :goodvibes Is there a facebook group for May?

I've got you added! :banana:

May 2015 it is! Always having gone in November ..super excited for warmer days (we're from Canada brr ;) and flower and garden festival !

You'll love it! Welcome aboard! If you let me know what your dates and where you are staying, I can update you on the board. :)

May 22nd !! Staying at BWV, bringing my sister and her family, my parents and of course us! We haven't all been down together since 2006 so we are excited about that.

That's great! I wish I could get my whole family down there!:

Just booked AKV Kidani for May 24-29!!! So excited!!

Yay!! I've got you added too!

might be going from the 4-11! land/cruise trip :)

That sounds really fun! I've got you added!

I just added my FIL and MIL! I think my dates here may need adjustment, we'll be a party of 5 from the 9-12 at AoA, and then from the evening of the 12-18 at POP. Woooo! It's almost time to book ADRs....

Since I'm new to the whole planning thing I need help on planning what parks to visit and on what day. I've taken a look at the one spreadsheet for hours but get confused with too much information.

Right now the plan is.
19th (T)-Travel day
20th (W)-Magic Kingdom
21st (Th)-Magic Kingdom
22nd (F)-Epcot
23rd (Sa)-Rest day
24th (S)-Animal Kingdom
25th (M)-Hollywood Studios -Memorial Day
26th (T)- Magic Kingdom
27th (W)-Head home :sad:

We will have park hoppers.

Since I'm new to the whole planning thing I need help on planning what parks to visit and on what day. I've taken a look at the one spreadsheet for hours but get confused with too much information.

Right now the plan is.
19th (T)-Travel day
20th (W)-Magic Kingdom
21st (Th)-Magic Kingdom
22nd (F)-Epcot
23rd (Sa)-Rest day
24th (S)-Animal Kingdom
25th (M)-Hollywood Studios -Memorial Day
26th (T)- Magic Kingdom
27th (W)-Head home :sad:

We will have park hoppers.

This upcoming trip will only be our 2nd Disney trip so I'm sure other people will have a lot more input, but we did the same thing. Started with 2 days at MK and ended the trip at MK. Then did a day at each of the other parks. Worked great for us!

DH and I will be there from May 1-9 to celebrate our honeyversary, as I like to call it. Staying at OKW, his first time going to WDW and my first time staying in a fancy resort, and being able to drink around the World!

1: arrival day, DTD/la nouba
2: Epcot
3: Hollywood Studios
4: Magic Kingdom
5: resort hopping/chillin'
6: Animal Kingdom
7: Epcot
8: Magic Kingdom
9: chilling and back to the real world

We have a short stay for our May trip so picking parks was easy!

13th - Check in
14th - Hollywood Studios
15th - Magic Kingdom
16th - Animal Kingdom
17th - Epcot
18th - Check out

But it's better to have a short trip than no trip at all!

(We're heading to Florida with hubby on business...and we got a PIN code for the room at Pop...so the entire trip -- thanks to our annual passes -- will cost us $500 + food and spending money.)

Can't pass up THAT deal! pixiedust:

We leave Alaska on May 20, get to WDW on the 21st staying in a LM room at AoA. We will be there for 5 nights! So 21-26th!!!

It is a surprise for our going to be 6 years old daughter as well as my DH, and DDs first trip :)

My fiance and I will be arriving May 21st and staying the Caribbean.

We get married at Sea Breeze Point on the 25th.

Then our three kids will join us and we will leave on the 30th.

SOOO excited. I haven't been to Disney World since before the Animal Kingdom opened... showing my age here :)

May 5-15! Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. First time staying deluxe!

A family friends owns at VWL and gave us a great deal per point ($9!) for the rental. Have the regular dining plan and plan on doing breakfast in the room, quick service lunch and sit-down dinners. Hopefully Thursday goes okay for making dining reservations.

My husband and I are trying to keep it a secret from our 14 year old girls where we are staying until we pull up (normally we do a split stay; start at POP then more to one of the mods).

May 5-15! Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. First time staying deluxe!

A family friends owns at VWL and gave us a great deal per point ($9!) for the rental. Have the regular dining plan and plan on doing breakfast in the room, quick service lunch and sit-down dinners. Hopefully Thursday goes okay for making dining reservations.

My husband and I are trying to keep it a secret from our 14 year old girls where we are staying until we pull up (normally we do a split stay; start at POP then more to one of the mods).

That is a really good deal per point for renting!

Good thing you wrote about Thursday. That is when my dining reservation opens also and I completely forgot about making them! :rolleyes1

Just made all our ADRs for our May trip! Had a minor anxiety attack when the online system wouldn't let me make my 180+10 reservations at 6:00 this morning but I called at 7:00 and got them all. :cool1:

Just made all our ADRs for our May trip! Had a minor anxiety attack when the online system wouldn't let me make my 180+10 reservations at 6:00 this morning but I called at 7:00 and got them all. :cool1:

Yeah it seems the ADR system is glitched at the moment for a lot of people, seen many complaints. Personally I can't get 180+10 to work either, but having no issues with just using 180 days. If your ADR date is coming up soon, I wouldn't rely on the online system to get it done. Be prepared to call.

Can you clarify for me what 180+10 means, does it mean you can book 180 days from your check in for the first 10 days of your stay or does it mean if you are staying onsite you can actually book at 190 days out?

Can you clarify for me what 180+10 means, does it mean you can book 180 days from your check in for the first 10 days of your stay or does it mean if you are staying onsite you can actually book at 190 days out?
The first one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter