***the official may 2013 thread***

We surprised the kids saturday with a treasure hunt! Their enthousiasm makes the countdown even more fun. :yay:

If you like to see what we did, I got a video of it. But we speak Flemish so you may not understand what we're saying:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOVJFK4hxQ4

I hope there's no problem with the link. Otherwise let me know please!

We fly out the 24th and were planning a non park day. We may actually change our plans and head there before we catch our evening flight, just to be able to say we were "there" for the 24 hour day. I am guessing it will be a very busy day, but the morning may not be, especially since people plan on staying until the wee hours.

For those of us that will be at WDW the week before Memorial Day, the 24 hour day at MK was confirmed for Friday 5/24. Since night EMH was cut out at MK for that day, that Friday was a recommended day for MK (on easy WDW site); but I am guessing that MK will no longer be a recommended park for that Friday and this event will probably draw huge crowds, especially since it is the Friday before Memorial Day. I am going to have to change our itinerary around now. We are going to MK on Wed 5/22 since we have Pirate's League reservations that day but we were planning on doing our second MK day that Fri 5/24. Now the only other recommended day for MK during our trip is our arrival day. Fortunately we have a morning flight in, but since we probably won't get to MK until after lunch we will have to just do low key attractions that typically have short wait times and go all out, rope drop and all, on Wed 5/22.

Grr.. meant to quote you in my last post...

OH Boy! We're at 15 days! We arrive the 11th and then are getting Married at the Poly on the 15th! I can't even say how excited I am to have found this page.

We'll be there with My parents, My Sister, Brother-in-law, and Nephew, and Her Parents and Brother.

Celebrating My Birthday (may 9) Mom's Birthday (May 10) Mothers' Day, and Our Wedding! Such a GREAT week to be in Dishey World!!!

Plus we're going on a Cruise for the honeymoon just the two of us, and then coming back for Star Wars Weekends before we go home on Memorial Day!

For those of us that will be at WDW the week before Memorial Day, the 24 hour day at MK was confirmed for Friday 5/24. Since night EMH was cut out at MK for that day, that Friday was a recommended day for MK (on easy WDW site); but I am guessing that MK will no longer be a recommended park for that Friday and this event will probably draw huge crowds, especially since it is the Friday before Memorial Day. I am going to have to change our itinerary around now. We are going to MK on Wed 5/22 since we have Pirate's League reservations that day but we were planning on doing our second MK day that Fri 5/24. Now the only other recommended day for MK during our trip is our arrival day. Fortunately we have a morning flight in, but since we probably won't get to MK until after lunch we will have to just do low key attractions that typically have short wait times and go all out, rope drop and all, on Wed 5/22.

I have to keep this as our MK day. We have a breakfast ADR at CRT for DD5 birthday and a dinner ADR at Crystal Palace. This is the first park day of our trip so if we miss some things, we'll go back another day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We fly out the 24th and were planning a non park day. We may actually change our plans and head there before we catch our evening flight, just to be able to say we were "there" for the 24 hour day. I am guessing it will be a very busy day, but the morning may not be, especially since people plan on staying until the wee hours.

I was at the MK for Leap Day last year. It really wasn't busy in the morning and early afternoon. Avg crowds. It picked up as people got off of work, however, it got CRAZY around 9-10pm and stayed crazy until at least 3am. I was there 18 out of 24 hours. (Took a break during the midday.. otherwise I opened and closed the park)

And that was a middle of the week, with people having to work the next day. I think the 24th will be INSANE from probably 6pm on as people have Saturday off.

I hope they've done better planning this year. They had no idea how popular it would be and several places ran out of food.

DH and I were supposed to be coming May 27th, just checked on flights and was able to change our flight to Saturday May 25th, so we are coming two days earlier..so vacation is closer than I thought. When I originally booked our flights SAturday was so expensive because of it being Memorial day weekend, so gues nobody is flying because the prices came down..WOO HOO

We arrive on the evening of the 24th so if our daughter is up to it we will go to MK that night around 10pm. I added a day to our hoppers just in case we do. :thumbsup2

One more week!

Although I am not in the best mood as I got a traffic ticket today for $124 + $9 processing fee totalling $133 :sad:

I was over the boarder in Blaine, WA and I drove over a solid line. We can drive over solid lines here in BC.

Lesson learned. :rolleyes1

I already paid the ticket. Time to move on :goodvibes

OH Boy! We're at 15 days! We arrive the 11th and then are getting Married at the Poly on the 15th! I can't even say how excited I am to have found this page.

We'll be there with My parents, My Sister, Brother-in-law, and Nephew, and Her Parents and Brother.

Celebrating My Birthday (may 9) Mom's Birthday (May 10) Mothers' Day, and Our Wedding! Such a GREAT week to be in Dishey World!!!

Plus we're going on a Cruise for the honeymoon just the two of us, and then coming back for Star Wars Weekends before we go home on Memorial Day!

Wow so much to celebrate! CONGRATS on the wedding. I hope it is magical! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter