• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

Since most of you have a trip coming up wanted to make sure you know the Character Warehouse Outlet store at the Premium Outlets on International Drive will be closing June 18th for a refurb and not expected to reopen until the fall. The Character Warehouse at the Premium Oulets on Vineland Rd will still be open to shop at.

Here is the link discussing the topic - http://www.disboards.com/threads/fyi-if-your-in-orlando-now.3417696/

That's too funny! If we had a spare room, it would look the same. As it is, the top of my dresser, my DD's dresser, and the corner behind my chair are gradually disappearing (and frankly, the chair hides it all quite nicely!). What headbands are you waiting for? The shoes are a nice touch. It took me a while to get the hang of bringing Disney things TO Disney--our first visit when DD was 4 (now 11), my mother had to tell me to pack her Cinderella dress for the breakfast...that's how clueless I was!

I was thinking about a thin blanket, too, but maybe will try to find one of those vinyl tablecloths with the soft backing (also from the thread) in case the ground is wet, yucky, etc. Another interesting tip we will use this time is lids from take-out drinks. When you have ice cream on a stick, you turn the lid upside down and push the stick through the hole for the straw. It will catch any pieces that drop off--still a problem for us, after all these years! Also, maybe I'll make some soap-soaked paper towels for washing our mugs in the room at night, as well as liquid hand soap so we don't have the mushy soap bar at the sink. Another tip (from a thread about the Animation Studio) is to bring empty paper towel rolls to house your finished character sketches, protecting them from getting crushed. As this will be a new experience for us, I was glad for the heads up.

Other than that, the lists were a good reminder: postage stamps/pre-printed address labels for postcards, ziplocs, ziplocs, and did I mention ziplocs?, suitcase inside a suitcase (yes, I've actually done that one! I can fly down hands free except for our cross-body bags with our bathing suits inside, checking one free suitcase each, and come back with cross-body bags and a carry-on each--this time I'm buying breakables and will want them in the cabin with me). And for inside my park bag--I'm trying to cut down, but can't do without phone/charger, aspirin/Benedryl/epi, insurance card, gift card so I don't carry wet money, wipes, sunscreen and ponchos. Sorry! This turned into something that I should've added someplace else, but I'm planning, planning, planning...I love it!

I LOVE the planning part! I always get so sad when the planning part is over... that's why we have started having a trip on the backburner (we are heading back the day after xmas this year). The headbands are like those plain elastic bands that you can wear when you have a ponytail in - I love it to keep the wispies out of my eyes - but these are made with patterned fabrics - one is a Star wars fabric, one is lots of Mickeys and one is a sillouette mickey one. I can't wait to try them out - since I end up with my hair in a ponytail the majority of the time down there. I'll attempt to post a picture here when they come in! The pocket blanket that we got is waterproof and has weighted corners. It hasn't come yet so I'm not sure of the quality - but I'll let you know if it seems to be a good buy! I also have my liquid hand soap read and lots of ziplocs!! Someday I'd love to travel with my small purse on a plane... but DD is still little... so we still feel like we need lots of stuff! But it is less than it used to be!

Soon enough we will be enjoying the fruits of our labor and missing all of this planning and shopping and planning!!

OMG! THREE days to go! I'm so nervous (more for what I'm coming back to) but SO SO SO SO SO excited. I'm driving people NUTS! I've got a lot of plans and HOPE to surprise my friend (NOT sure if she's on the Disboards so I can't say what I plan to do ... IF all goes well I have two surprises for her ...) Hard to believe that in exactly 72 hours I should be descending into Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it would never come! Anyone else who is going to be there while I am (or who is going later) I hope you have a ball!

View attachment 98390
I locked myself in the bathroom to take these pictures. Parents only trip! @SoundGuy and I are SO excited! Saratoga Springs here we come!!
Saratoga Springs is where I originally wanted to stay for my August trip ... my boyfriend persuaded me down to either ASMU (which I think we'll do) or the Caribbean ... thinking about trying a brand new hotel - as long as it's on site I don't mind which. Let me know what SS is like if you get a chance please.

1 week and 6 days for us!!!! Can hardly wait!! Apparently the family that is walking from texas to WDW will be arriving and be there the same time we will be! How exciting!

Heading to pop century this Friday. Will be the first trip as a family with our boys.

And it is my parents 40th anniversary.

That's too funny! If we had a spare room, it would look the same. As it is, the top of my dresser, my DD's dresser, and the corner behind my chair are gradually disappearing (and frankly, the chair hides it all quite nicely!). What headbands are you waiting for? The shoes are a nice touch. It took me a while to get the hang of bringing Disney things TO Disney--our first visit when DD was 4 (now 11), my mother had to tell me to pack her Cinderella dress for the breakfast...that's how clueless I was!

I was thinking about a thin blanket, too, but maybe will try to find one of those vinyl tablecloths with the soft backing (also from the thread) in case the ground is wet, yucky, etc. Another interesting tip we will use this time is lids from take-out drinks. When you have ice cream on a stick, you turn the lid upside down and push the stick through the hole for the straw. It will catch any pieces that drop off--still a problem for us, after all these years! Also, maybe I'll make some soap-soaked paper towels for washing our mugs in the room at night, as well as liquid hand soap so we don't have the mushy soap bar at the sink. Another tip (from a thread about the Animation Studio) is to bring empty paper towel rolls to house your finished character sketches, protecting them from getting crushed. As this will be a new experience for us, I was glad for the heads up.

Other than that, the lists were a good reminder: postage stamps/pre-printed address labels for postcards, ziplocs, ziplocs, and did I mention ziplocs?, suitcase inside a suitcase (yes, I've actually done that one! I can fly down hands free except for our cross-body bags with our bathing suits inside, checking one free suitcase each, and come back with cross-body bags and a carry-on each--this time I'm buying breakables and will want them in the cabin with me). And for inside my park bag--I'm trying to cut down, but can't do without phone/charger, aspirin/Benedryl/epi, insurance card, gift card so I don't carry wet money, wipes, sunscreen and ponchos. Sorry! This turned into something that I should've added someplace else, but I'm planning, planning, planning...I love it!
They make a paper towel with Dawn dish soap already in it now. Target.

They make a paper towel with Dawn dish soap already in it now. Target.
I noticed they mentioned that but thought I could make my own (some people make their own prepared sponges), as it's tough for me to get to Target and similar stores. Maybe Amazon Pantry...

For everyone who's trip is to come- hope you have a magical trip!!! The number one thing to do is HYDRATE! It is HOT here and it's easy to forget to drink plenty of water. Also it has rained (even stormed) most days so keep your ponchos or umbrella handy.

We've been here 10 days with 2 to go- 1st onsite (LOVE Beach Club, CBR was fun too), now offsite in our timeshare, with an overnight at Universal (Harry Potter area is absolutely amazing). Today is a rest day for us to gear up for one last Star Wars day at Studios tomorrow...

Safe travels everyone!

OK since we leave first thing tomorrow morning I am probably not going to be able to put a green Mickey head on our bags, BUT if I see any I will be sure to call out hello!!

We are down to 2 days to drive to San Diego, next day fly to Orlando to our rental house, then 5 days until AKL, then 5 days until the cruise! Cannot wait, yet so much to do!!

Well, we did something a little crazy. Woke up this morning and said, "We should go to Disney." We made a few online reservations, packed our bags, and are leaving in the morning. I know it's going to be hot and I know it's going to be crowded, but I do not care. We've been enough times now that this will just be a relaxing trip.

We will be there starting Monday, next week! We always go in the summer and are ready for the sweltering heat.

One thing I'm really hoping for, and we noticed it a couple years ago....because we will be there a week and a half before July 4th, (fingers crossed) our hope is that the HUGE crowds for the holiday will not have descended upon the World yet. Crowd calendars list our days as 8's though, so.... It is what it is, we'll still have fun!

To everyone who hasn't gone yet, have fun!

Sammons and Jen: we will be there the same time!!! Staying at POP! Hope we bump into each other at sometime. I will have the golden retriever that's in my avatar photo with me.

2 weeks and 6 days! I am so excited!!! Got my magic band decorated last night and I think it looks cool! Can't wait to show em off in the parks (Rob was a party pooper and won't let me decorate his *sad face*).

View attachment 100401
I'll keep an eye out for service dog Disney:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter